Jan 30, 2019 2:31pm
Thread Board
Whatever floats your fish!
Re: Jabber, this is for you!
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #970856 by Jabber
Jan 30, 2019 2:31pm
Thread Board
I knew I had to do this after messaging you!!!
Re: Where is everybody?
Board: Region: Southeast
Reply to: #970833 by RDHG
Jan 30, 2019 3:36pm
Thread Board
Welcome back !!!!
Re: Wassa in Westford... (x-post)
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #970589 by The Merry Pranksters
Jan 30, 2019 5:00pm
Thread Board
Better hurry and sign up! We are fast approaching the limit!
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4136

Note: The limit is "infinity". So, mathematically speaking, we are EVERY BIT AS CLOSE to the limit as, say, "Live and Breathe" or "Final Flight" were. THAT'S how popular I am!!!!
Reply to: #970833 by RDHG
Jan 30, 2019 6:10pm
Thread Board
Lots and lots of boxes are being planted in NC and other states as some of us are taking on the Challenge. I'm having a lot of fun with it, carving and planting.

Curious about the Challenge? read message: 967575
Camp Grounds
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Jan 30, 2019 7:15pm
Thread Board
How do you get in the camp grounds if you are not staying there? I read somewhere that to get in the camp ground area you had to be staying there. Is this correct?

Also the day pass to park in the area for non residents is $10.00 a day correct and can it be used at other parking areas for other sites such as Goldsmith Woodlands and Ward Reservation.

When do you get the clues for new boxes? Is it wed? and where?

I am new to all of this, it will be my first time to the event.

Any info would be appreciated,

Echo
Re: Hyperlinks
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #970849 by Green Tortuga
Jan 30, 2019 7:28pm
Thread Board
At the outset I’ll admit my knowledge of coding (and mind-reading the OP) is weak at best... 😄

But I took the OP to mean that they were interested in using a word as a link. Clicking Dawnkey’s link doesn’t take me to a way to do that. Maybe it has something to do with defaults? I haven’t changed or set my defaults that I know of.

In any case, my second link should have made it clear.

~DZ
Re: Camp Grounds
Reply to: #970873 by Echo
Jan 30, 2019 7:35pm
Thread Board
That all sounds correct. They may have reserved the group site, which you can add your name to and pay minimal.

We stay in a hotel but get a camp site for to have a place to park and get park entrance. Also a place to put boxes.

:-)

Be sure to join the Grateful Letterbox group. Reading older posts will also help.
Reply to: #970874 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 30, 2019 8:26pm
Thread Board
But I took the OP to mean that they were interested in using a word as a link. Clicking Dawnkey’s link doesn’t take me to a way to do that.

Hmm, unless I'm missing something you and I both posted links to different versions of the same page. I posted to the wiki-style markup page and you posted to the html-style markup page. Like Ryan said, the link that's helpful to people depends on which way they've set their markup preference for the boards.
Re: New gal proving herself- open tracker.
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #970723 by Neoterra
Jan 30, 2019 10:39pm
Thread Board
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10094
The link for the childhood fears tracker.

Still waiting on the last cards in my first tracker, but they are on their way!
Reply to: #970877 by Dawnkey
Jan 30, 2019 10:40pm
Thread Board
No, it was me that was missing something. Like I said, coding is not my strong point. I experimented with the link you posted and see that it works just as well. I wasn’t experienced with that style of coding.

Carry on...
Reply to: #970869 by DS
Jan 31, 2019 4:04am
Thread Board
Thank you, DS! Happy 2019! 😁
Reply to: #970872 by airstream dreams
Jan 31, 2019 4:17am
Thread Board
Oooh, thank you for the note about the challenge and where to find it, airstream dreams. I read it and sent a message to christmas6. 👍
Re: Free Stuff
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #970703 by RDHG
Jan 31, 2019 4:35am
Thread Board
nice to see you getting active again
Re: Free Stuff
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #970883 by dixie darlin
Jan 31, 2019 4:36am
Thread Board
Hey, Girl! I was going to send you a text yesterday. Apparently, I got distracted. Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully we will get to see you two at something soon. 😃
Reply to: #970871 by wassamatta u
Jan 31, 2019 6:18am
Thread Board
Given who all's signed up, I'm jealous as hell!!!
Reply to: #970885 by Public Hand
Jan 31, 2019 7:11am
Thread Board
Given who all's signed up, I'm jealous as hell!!!

<blushing> Aw, thanks, Public Hand!!
Re: Seeking Events -- Rebiccola
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #970860 by RDHG
Jan 31, 2019 7:14am
Thread Board
To be honest, I am biased because I am one of the Flight Directors (co-host). But Night0wl has already starting carving some amazing stamps and we've got some neat things in the works.
Reply to: #970879 by Neoterra
Jan 31, 2019 7:39am
Thread Board
This is so exciting. I can't even believe that you have all of your cards at this point! Or at least almost. I went and looked at your tracker participants so that I can harass them when they send cards late to me LOL I'm just teasing. But in all reality it's so unusual to have everybody send cards early. So I'm very happy that you're participants are enthusiastically helping you :-)
Reply to: #970888 by Linden Leaf
Jan 31, 2019 7:54am
Thread Board
Wonderful, I'll remember to be patient when it doesn't go quite as well. Right now I'm working most on the mardi gras tracker I joined, gonna make that fancy and up my game. But also have keep calm plotted, childhood fears is the latter of these, and I also don't have to mail mine to host obviously. But I do know what I'm doing. Just so it's known I do keep plucking away at things, even when I'm in multiple trackers.
Re: Seeking Events
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #970834 by RDHG
Jan 31, 2019 8:30am
Thread Board
If you are up for a pre-summer adventure, I am hosting an event in Indiana in May. We have wonderful state parks and camping. Glad to see you back in the game!!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4109
Letterboxer Praises
Jan 31, 2019 9:14am
Thread Board
I just want to shout out to all you letterboxers who have helped me along in the past few years with postals, LTC, and tips and tricks! This hobby is my sanctuary in the evenings, and I don't know what I would do without it and all of you who continue to amaze and teach me with your talents. I appreciate all that have signed up for my trackers and for all of you that host them!

I, along with 4J's and BAMM were given the opportunity to host GLG 2018 and absolutely had a blast hosting, but more importantly meeting all of you that ventured to Southern Indiana during the hottest part of the year (still sorry about the damn humidity)! I am braving another event this summer and am looking forward to some fun and camping and boxing with all who can make it!

So, this is my praise to all of you! Thank you very much!!
Jlsd0218/Lindsey
Re: Letterboxer Praises
Reply to: #970891 by jlsd0218
Jan 31, 2019 11:25am
Thread Board
Hugs to you.

You too are valued in the LTC community. It's amazing what these tiny works of art start becoming to us. I am glad that you have found away to refresh yourself and that we get to benefit from that :-)

L
Reply to: #970892 by Linden Leaf
Jan 31, 2019 11:37am
Thread Board
Hugs back to you! You are one of the first to ever reach out to me and send me LTC's to show me what to do! You are a wonderful carver and I thank you!!
Reply to: #970708 by Neoterra
Jan 31, 2019 11:41am
Thread Board
Every host was new at once! Not long ago, I was right there! Good luck and look forward to what new trackers you bring to the table!
Reply to: #970894 by jlsd0218
Jan 31, 2019 11:52am
Thread Board
Thank you too to all of you that have been helping. I saw your post, I have very similar sentiments! Friendly folks so far!
Reply to: #970892 by Linden Leaf
Jan 31, 2019 12:03pm
Thread Board
You guys Are great. And I too am kind of in awe about these cards, this community and system where we share a standardized size of art. Its a trip. Pretty great.

Random thought..there's a reason folks are often late. Were creative people. Wouldn't be surprised if dyslexia and things were common among us too.
Reply to: #970873 by Echo
Jan 31, 2019 2:14pm
Thread Board
Hello, Echo.... Echo.........Echo.............Echo........
How do you get in the camp grounds if you are not staying there? I read somewhere that to get in the camp ground area you had to be staying there. Is this correct?

Yes, you technically need a site reservation, but they also allow visitors if you know a name and associated site #. Among other folks, you can visit Dawn in site #210 starting Sunday or myself (Pete) in site #305 starting Wednesday evening. The staff at the gatehouse is very friendly. Just smile, wave and don't be shy - wear your brightest tie-dye! Let them know you're a Grateful Letterboxer. They enjoy our creativity and will be well aware of our presence once again!!!
Also the day pass to park in the area for non residents is $10.00 a day correct and can it be used at other parking areas for other sites such as Goldsmith Woodlands and Ward Reservation.

Sounds about right, but I'd recommend passing on that day fee. For Friday and Saturday, sign-up with ZESS for the Group Site. This will allow you to come and go as desired, staying later for the night boxes! Also, this is when the most campsite boxes will be available. The majority of other boxes in Harold Parker are outside of the campground. Since they've re-opened Berry Pond, there is a parking fee at the Kiosk area off Jenkins Rd and the Pavilion on Middleton St during the summer. Camping passes will allow free parking there, but it's not really necessary. Either walk from the campground to the Kiosk, or park close by roadside on Middleton St. Keep in mind that there are lots of other starting points for numerous series in HP which have no parking restrictions. There are no parking fees for any of the AVIS Reservations scattered about town. Boxes should be available at every one. Ward reservation is now under the Audubon umbrella. If you're a member parking is free, otherwise there is a small fee there unfortunately.
When do you get the clues for new boxes? Is it wed? and where?

Clues will be published on-line prior to the official event start on Sunday. Print them up or use your favorite electronic device. Just be prepared in advance with saved copies of some form as WiFi can be spotty in the forest. You will be notified when the clues have been released, and also given any secret key codes if required. Basically - Just stay tuned!
I am new to all of this, it will be my first time to the event.

We get VERY excited to meet the first-timers!!! Here are a few suggestions:
1) Pick and choose older boxes to search in advance! Find a few themes that suit your fancy and print them up. Plenty to choose from over the past 13 years.
2) Don't get overwhelmed! Feel free to box til you drop if that's your cup of tea, but don't hesitate to pull up a chair and join us by the pool or campfire for some down time.
3) Make new friends, find new boxing companions! There's always someone out on the trails. Make plans with other boxers in advance or feel free to meet up spontaneously on Grateful Row and go out with someone new!
4) Don't overdue it! If you want to collect ALL the Andover letterboxes, you can stay for a month... or two..... or three... or four.......... and you still won't get them all! Find what feels comfortable and plan a return trip next year! Just getting the Event boxes, Grateful Row boxes, Campsite boxes and night boxes will take some time. Take time to relax with others!
5) Don't hesitate to ask questions! Any question about that? When in doubt, perplexed, confused, need advice, information, clue assistance or anything else, .........just ask!

Stamp themes and trackers will be posted very soon! Please sign-up if you feel up to carving for the event. Hope this info is helpful - See you in Andover when the temps are a tad warmer!!! ;o)

Shine your shoes, light your fuse
Can you use, them ol' U.S. Blues?
Pete
Reply to: #970875 by SherlockMiles
Jan 31, 2019 2:28pm
Thread Board
Be sure to join the Grateful Letterbox group.

Sherlock, good advice but I'm pretty sure this IS the Grateful Letterbox group! Let me double-check.......

Yup - THIS IS IT!!!

;o)
Pete