A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Who Wants to Hide a Letterbox Here?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #970690 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 27, 2019 2:29am
Thread Board
Perfect place for a multi-colored, double sided stamp and a bonus box.
Jan 27, 2019 5:51am
Thread Board
I'll pass. ;)
Jan 27, 2019 6:16am
Thread Board
Suggested box name: "Find It or Die Trying"
Re: Turn Me Over
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #970689 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 27, 2019 6:58am
Thread Board
I love these 😂 I made one once that said “Thanks, that feels better.” On the back. Sadly, I left it in our old yard.
February in Gulf Shores
Board: State: Alabama
Jan 27, 2019 7:04am
Thread Board
My husband and I are headed south to Gulf Shores, AL. Goodness knows we need to get out of the winter in Illinois!

Is anyone going to be in the Gulf Shores - Orange Beach area in February that would like to meet up for a stamp exchange? Please send me an AQ email if you are available. Thanks!

TeachJR
Marveling over Myths, Monsters and Mayhem!
Board: State: Missouri
Jan 27, 2019 7:45am
Thread Board
A shout out to aMAZEing Adventure Frog and crew, what a fun event. So many creative puzzles and artistic creations to hide them in. Everything was well thought out and coordinated. The details were aMAZEing. LOVED LOVED the Underworld and journey. One of the best parts of the evening was seeing the mischievous smiles radiate from BoxReaper, ChristmasPuppy and that Amazing amphibian. What a wonderful relationship you all have. Hope to see many more collaborations in the future!
Re: Free Stuff
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #970555 by Petunia
Jan 27, 2019 8:45am
Thread Board
Yes, I do have some boxes for that set. I will save them for you. When would you like to get them? There may still be a few that need to be pulled.
Re: Free Stuff
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #970514 by Munkeybee
Jan 27, 2019 8:46am
Thread Board
OH! Haha. Gotcha. ;)
Re: Marveling over Myths, Monsters and Mayhem!
Reply to: #970702 by I dig toasters
Jan 27, 2019 9:18am
Thread Board
I agree 100%! Many Thanks to the aMAZEing crew for super event! Just when you think there couldn't possibly be any more hiding places, Frog and crew find a way. The decor, especially the hand made clue pieces, was exceptional, and I enjoyed every minute of this super event!
Jan 27, 2019 9:53am
Thread Board
What an enjoyable afternoon and evening! All of your hard work and creative efforts were certainly appreciated. You 3 make a great team, and I can't wait to attend your next event.
New gal proving herself- open tracker.
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Jan 27, 2019 12:37pm
Thread Board
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have almost all the cards for the first swap I am hosting, and as soon as they're all in and its time, I will send them out. What I'm trying to do is be reliable and prove myself in these swaps, so people will feel good about signing up with me. I realise not every swap with every host goes great.
I have posted another swap, childhood fears, and this time given more time. There is still room in that. Really hope to build a repore with folks and keep making and collecting wonderful ltc's!
Re: New gal proving herself- open tracker.
Reply to: #970708 by Neoterra
Jan 27, 2019 12:46pm
Thread Board
Ah. Hugs to you. Good job. :-)
Re: February in Gulf Shores
Reply to: #970701 by TeachJR
Jan 27, 2019 1:03pm
Thread Board
We had fun hanging out with you last year! Looking forward to more adventures!!
Reply to: #970707 by carry on grandma
Jan 27, 2019 1:38pm
Thread Board
So wish some of us far away could have attended! Lots of missing out this weekend with this event and the one in Maine...
Reply to: #970708 by Neoterra
Jan 27, 2019 3:31pm
Thread Board
Seconding hugs! Trackers can be intimidating at first. My experience with this host has been very positive. I appreciate the communication and effort shown to date.
LL Bean Night Owl 's Final Flight Event
Board: State: Maine
Jan 27, 2019 3:36pm
Thread Board
Thanks to Team MudCup for another superb LL Bean event, a focal point for Maine lore!! Plenty of ink for all in various locations and climate. We are beat and were only participants, unable to image how these two Maine boxing icons feel, rest well ladies, well deserved!!!!

To pull off something of this magnitude there are always others behind the scene. The hosts at the pre-gathers, Angel Treads, Nittany and Happy Daze a big shout out!! You had your hands full keeping folks at bay, as we all were anxious to get the ink. Last but certainly not least are all the carvers that contributed, a chance for us folks up here to see your talents! Ayuh, thanks!!

We are proud to be a part of the Maine family and of the letterboxing community!! Safe travels, stay inky.

Daytrippers54
Re: LL Bean Night Owl 's Final Flight Event
Reply to: #970713 by Daytrippers 54
Jan 27, 2019 5:12pm
Thread Board
A heartfelt thanks for all of the fun and fine memories from the multiple Bean events! You certainly outdid yourselves with this one. Wish I had the opportunity for more than a day. You guys Rock!!!
Re: February in Gulf Shores
Reply to: #970710 by Explorin Orren
Jan 27, 2019 5:20pm
Thread Board
I am looking forward to more fun too!
Jan 27, 2019 5:35pm
Thread Board
Team MudCup!

Being my first Bean event, I did not know what to expect. Well I had a blast and everyone one I met, both friends & new friends, had a blast as well! Lots of fun & smiley faces! Now I only wish I'd made it up there before!!
It was also a pleasure to finally meet you guys after all those close calls over the years!

CooLL Beans to both of you!!

Ding
Hamilton: Just floatin' it out there.
Board: Region: Great Lakes
Jan 27, 2019 6:58pm
Thread Board
I'm taking my daughter, formerly known as Lunagirl, and my three-year-old grandson to see The Stones in Chicago this summer and I just got the brilliant idea to see Hamilton the night before. The show has a policy of not allowing children under five, which is fair, but brings up questions of logistics, specifically, what to do about a babysitter. I'm bringing it up here because AQ has the largest concentration of people I know in the Chicago area. Atlasquest, what should I do?
Re: Hamilton: Jut floatin' it out there.
Reply to: #970717 by PapaSolo
Jan 27, 2019 7:06pm
Thread Board
Atlasquest, what should I do?

You are wise to ask here, for it is my sincere belief that letterboxers in general, and AQers in specific, are among the most thoughtful, giving, generous, kind, and downright helpful people in the world. For example, I myself would happily make the long trek to Chicago to help out a boxer-in-need. So fear not, I'll sacrifice my precious time and gladly take Lunagirl to Hamilton so you can stay with your grandson. Assuming they're decent seats, of course. You're welcome.
Re: Hamilton: Just floatin' it out there.
Reply to: #970718 by wassamatta u
Jan 27, 2019 7:13pm
Thread Board
Thank you, Wassa. I had considered that possibility, but I was afraid your... headgear... could block the view of the patrons behind you. Things could get ugly. Just sayin'.
Reply to: #970719 by PapaSolo
Jan 27, 2019 7:18pm
Thread Board
I was afraid your... headgear, could block the view of the patrons behind you.

I don't suppose this holds true for the Stones concert, right??? Asking for a friend.
Hello
Board: Die Münchner
Jan 27, 2019 7:28pm
Board
I will be in Munich this September with a group of friends. I would like to find a letterbox in Munich. We will be staying by the Market in the Hotel Am Markt.

Hopefully I will find one.

Echo
Reply to: #970720 by wassamatta u
Jan 27, 2019 7:32pm
Thread Board
Nope, it doesn't. However, neither does the ban on toddlers. My grandson will be one of the few people born in 2015 who can say he's seen Paul McCartney, The Who, and The Rolling Stones live in concert, and he'll have the t-shirts to prove it. Much cooler and much cheaper than Disney World.
Reply to: #970712 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 27, 2019 7:43pm
Thread Board
Aw you guys are so nice
Reply to: #970722 by PapaSolo
Jan 27, 2019 8:53pm
Thread Board
I’m not sure how much of the experiences he’ll remember but still that’s very cool and he’s one lucky dude. I hope the T-shirt’s are adult size so he can get the most out of them.
Jan 27, 2019 9:05pm
Thread Board
I agree! It was a great event and we had an amazing time! I think we logged about 150 traditional finds... who knows how many event-type stamps and many exchanges!

We weren't quite as hardcore as many, but boxed lots and slept little, got questioned by the cops, had to shimmy under some stairs because the box kept sliding away, met lots of fun people, ate lobster and whoopie pies (not together) and had an absolute blast of a whirlwind weekend. Thanks so much Team Mudcup! I'm glad I was able to attend the final Bean event. It was an incredible end to an era. Loved the Freeport area, I hope to come back to visit soon!
Jan 27, 2019 10:05pm
Thread Board
Sound like a lot of fun. Sorry I had to miss it. Hopefully next year things will be calmed down. I'm in the middle of a major home repair/remodel of kitchen/bathroom and flooring throughout. It's going to be beautiful if they ever finish.
video of tapping a padded envelope?
Board: Postals
Jan 27, 2019 10:29pm
Thread Board
I went on youtube to look for a video showing how we tape an envelope for a postal. I couldn't find one. Does anyone know of one and have a link. I tried to explain it over the phone and a friend wasn't understanding.

Thanks,

~Aurora
still searching