A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Best easy hike near Orlando?
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #970549 by Quarry
Jan 22, 2019 11:03am
Thread Board
We plan on a vist some Ambassador owls, any other suggestions?

Are you thinking of the Ambassador Owl series in Merritt Island?

If so and you are headed to Brevard County there is Sams House Pine Island in Merritt Island and also the Enchanted Forest Sanctuary in Titusville.

Both offer either short or long hikes, depending on what you want to make of them as their are many trail heads/loops/spurs options so you are not stuck with hike in/hike out only trail.

Enchanted Forest is a combination of paved/dirt/sandy trails and frankly is one of my favorite park/trails. You could easily do a short hike here and stay on a paved trail that is much kinder to the knees than a sandy trail.
Re: Does anyone else do this?
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #970553 by Angel Winks
Jan 22, 2019 11:58am
Thread Board
How do I list this kind of stamp. I have a really cool one I’ve been taking with me as a PT but it’s too time-consuming sometimes. Especially at certain events depending on how busy they are to carry it around and give it to people. If I could just plant it when I get there and pick it up before I leave I think more people could get it but I’m not sure how to list it.
Re: Wassa in Westford... (x-post)
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #970561 by west dover quidditch team
Jan 22, 2019 11:59am
Thread Board
My work group is going there for lunch next week!
Reply to: #970560 by dingus dufus
Jan 22, 2019 12:06pm
Thread Board
Wassa couldn't get the Saturday extension so the meet-a-moose catastrophe will need to be on Friday evening for those up for punishment! Where we can all fit is the final question. Looks like somewhere between 2 and 99 potential party poopers. That helps narrows down the options.
Re: Disney question
Reply to: #970556 by Bungalow Boxer
Jan 22, 2019 12:43pm
Thread Board
Thanks!
Reply to: #970565 by The Merry Pranksters
Jan 22, 2019 12:44pm
Thread Board
Wassa couldn't get the Saturday extension so the meet-a-moose catastrophe will need to be on Friday evening for those up for punishment!

I am hereby authorizing Stinky Pete The Merry Pranksters as the Official Moosey Coordinators. With all the Honors and Benefits occurring thereto.
Event in Idaho
Board: Event News and Planning
Jan 22, 2019 12:45pm
Thread Board
The Crafty Mom, babypanda, and I are working on a letterboxing event for late this summer. Logistics still need worked out, but we need to know how much interest there would be for the event. Currently the plan is to have the event over a weekend in September/August (probably Friday evening-Sunday morning). It would be near Boise, Idaho. There will be night boxes as well as boxes to find during the day. The theme is the Enchanted Forest (all things mythical, Narnia, LOTR, OUAT, etc). Because there is a cost for the campground and likely prizes as well we would have a small cost per person.
Any thoughts, tips, interest in this?
Reply to: #970563 by Porras Posse
Jan 22, 2019 1:10pm
Thread Board
I've seen people listing traditional stamps for events with the location of the event in the listing. Then the clue says, "Clues to be posted at event." Then when you get to the event, you could hide the box, write the clues, and post them on a bulletin board or whatever in the main event area.

I think that's what you are hoping to do?
Re: Event in Idaho
Reply to: #970568 by Mountain Acres
Jan 22, 2019 1:14pm
Thread Board
I was just thinking that I hadn't seen an Idaho event in a while and how much I enjoyed the Hunger Games themed one I went to.....I would DEFINITELY be interested!!
Reply to: #970567 by wassamatta u
Jan 22, 2019 1:14pm
Thread Board
I am hereby authorizing The Merry Pranksters as the Official Moosey Coordinators. With all the Honors and Benefits occurring thereto.

Oh great........ just Moose poop on the Prankster!!! What "honors and benefits"? I think you mean "horrors and atrocities"!!! Must be a typo.
Reply to: #970563 by Porras Posse
Jan 22, 2019 1:43pm
Thread Board
I do what Angel Winks just said. There's a couple different ways to do it, depending on how you want to plant it... if it has clues or not.

You can either make it a traveling event box and call it a "hidden in plain sight" or "table top box", and just add a new event each time you move it. For these, you wouldn't have clues. Just leave it in the gathering room either out in the open or 'hidden in plain sight'.

Or, you can make it a temporary traditional box with Word of Mouth clues. For this, you can change the physical location of the box each time so it will show up in searches for that area. Then in the clues, just type available at whatever event and list the clues or state WOM clues available then. After the event, change status to unavailable.
Reply to: #970526 by Angel Winks
Jan 22, 2019 2:12pm
Thread Board
OMG! You guys are CRAZY! Once I start listing boxes tomorrow and your printer bursts into flames - you'll stop printing :)

There over 200 just the night of the event - you'll get PLENTY of ink :)
Re: Coddiwomple
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #970546 by Warrior Woman
Jan 22, 2019 2:24pm
Thread Board
Bumfuzzled
Reply to: #970574 by Goofy girl
Jan 22, 2019 3:00pm
Thread Board
Instead of googling I'm just gonna assume that has something to do with your bum.

You're welcome.
Re: Another new one for me
Reply to: #970547 by Warrior Woman
Jan 22, 2019 3:02pm
Thread Board
Finally, a single word that describes the essence of my life.

I am in your debt. Thank you. :^)
Re: Flexcut 45 Deg. x 1MM Parting Tool vs Speedball #1
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #942720 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 22, 2019 3:13pm
Thread Board
FYI, the picture links are all broken...
Reply to: #970574 by Goofy girl
Jan 22, 2019 3:16pm
Thread Board
Daniel Boone was once asked if he had ever been lost. He replied no, but that he had been bumfuzzled for a week once.
Reply to: #970571 by The Merry Pranksters
Jan 22, 2019 4:21pm
Thread Board
Well, it's official:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4136

Thanks to the Merry Pranksters (which, to be clear, is an anagram of "Ranker Sperms Try")... (LTC idea, anyone?)

Come say hi!
Re: Wassa in Westford...
Board: Region: Northeast
Reply to: #970554 by buddyjumper
Jan 22, 2019 4:24pm
Thread Board
Thanks to The Merry Pranksters...
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4136

There is a thread about this in the Massachusetts Board, as well.
Reply to: #970577 by Phoenix Rizing
Jan 22, 2019 4:46pm
Thread Board

Remove the "lg" at the end of the URL. The large version gets deleted after a few weeks/months.

Maybe our webmaster can think of a way to forward links to the small version? Not a big deal, but would be helpful.
Reply to: #970570 by Public Hand
Jan 22, 2019 4:49pm
Thread Board
There was an event this past year that Music Chick put on. Nothing else is planned for this year though!
Jan 22, 2019 4:57pm
Thread Board
I plan on attending. I've been watching for the event to be posted. Glad to hear it may still be on.
Jan 22, 2019 5:10pm
Thread Board
Sounds super fun. Depending on the weekend we would love to trek down from Montana.
Jan 22, 2019 5:17pm
Thread Board
I'd love to attend! Will look for date & details to post.....yay!
Re: Happy AQ Day to DS
Reply to: #970510 by carry on grandma
Jan 22, 2019 5:49pm
Thread Board
Happy AQ Day! I’ve been out of the loop but hope to change that soon and box with you!
Reply to: #970577 by Phoenix Rizing
Jan 22, 2019 5:53pm
Thread Board

The system breaks the links after a couple of months. You can find them in my photo album, pics 9 - 13:

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4518
Reply to: #970579 by wassamatta u
Jan 22, 2019 6:08pm
Thread Board
Thanks to the Merry Pranksters (which, to be clear, is an anagram of "

Hmm......... I've often been told that Moose are the MOST intelligent of all species, but perhaps a little reminder is due in this situation:
1)We currently hold the keys to the carvers.
2)Your trail name includes such items as a$$, $mut and Twa_!!!

Although we're technically in charge, we have no really Eevil intentions and we'll leave your fate in the hands of the other administrators. Good luck with that!!!!!!!!

See you soon - for betterer or worserer!

Pete
Re: New Stamping Tool
Reply to: #970440 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 22, 2019 7:01pm
Thread Board
I was kidding. I can't think of where you might get linoleum that big other than for home flooring... :D
Re: Print process i haven't seen
Board: Art Corner
Reply to: #970538 by Neoterra
Jan 22, 2019 7:13pm
Thread Board
I saw those on Instagram. I don't think I'd ever get them lined up correctly...
Reply to: #970583 by Mountain Acres
Jan 22, 2019 7:13pm
Thread Board
Darn, I must have missed that posting! :(