Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Why would my archive ability be down?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #970463 by J Walkers
Jan 20, 2019 10:08am
Thread Board
I think there is a limit to the number of messages one can archive before another folder is made to hold them. Do you see any other folders already created that you can click on? Otherwise I think you can add a folder to then store them in.
Reply to: #970465 by FORAYCH
Jan 20, 2019 10:21am
Thread Board
OK. I found this.
Premium Perk!
You can only save up to 1000 messages in this folder, but as a premium member you can create custom folders to save more!
I clicked on the "create custom folders" & I get:
Webpage Not Found

This is quite embarrassing, I must say, but I can't find the webpage you are looking for. Probably just misplaced it, but who knows? What should you do at this point? Well, you have a few options:

While you probably weren't looking for it, you just stumbled onto the 404: Letterbox Not Found clue at the bottom of this page. Perhaps that will lessen your disappointment in the Great Tortuga. ;o)
If you typed in a URL, check that it is typed in correctly.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Go to https://www.atlasquest.com/ and try to find links to where you want to go.
Perhaps it was just a fluke, and if you try again by clicking refresh, it'll pop right up!
If you followed a link that appears to be broken, contact the webmaster and give them a piece of your mind. (You should also tell them where the broken link is and where it's trying to link to, so it can be fixed!)
Maybe the link is delibrately broken, and it's a bad practical joke at your expense? No, that couldn't be right....

But like I said, I'm so sorry. Just call me an idiot, but I can't find that darned webpage anywhere!
So what do I need to do now?
Reply to: #970466 by J Walkers
Jan 20, 2019 10:36am
Thread Board
Go to your main inbox page. Along the left you'll see buttons for Write, Inbox, etc. At the bottom are a few icons. Click on the first icon in the second row, Create New Folder, and see if that works.
Found Logbook - Re: Happy New Year
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #970437 by koalacat
Jan 20, 2019 10:45am
Thread Board
Woohoo!! See - I knew you would find it!!
my nightmare
Board: Yakking It Up
Jan 20, 2019 11:19am
Board
So, last night I had a nightmare that someone else did the exact same event we are planning. Needless to say, I woke up very upset and in distress. I realize that we have not posted the event yet and while by this time of the year it normally is, it probably won't be posted until late February, assuming all goes well with a very serious situation. Sorry to be Facebook vague about it but it's upsetting to go into further details. Anyhoo, fingers crossed and hopes and prayers, all will be fine.

Just know that our event crew is very excited about this one! For those who are potentially interested, we are looking at the last weekend of September or the first weekend in October. I can never remember which. Lol!

csk
Reply to: #970441 by BaliWho
Jan 20, 2019 12:12pm
Thread Board
LOL! Not sure if my key chain has room for that.
Reply to: #970443 by Dawnkey
Jan 20, 2019 12:13pm
Thread Board
Thanks for tagging me and one in advance for looking out for it at the next event.
Reply to: #970444 by Angel Winks
Jan 20, 2019 12:16pm
Thread Board
Maybe. I did find one of my Old School letterboxes that still needs to be planted.
Reply to: #970446 by condo
Jan 20, 2019 12:22pm
Thread Board
Thanks. Yeah, it kinda added to the lack of finding any boxes.
Reply to: #970469 by 4EyesMcGee
Jan 20, 2019 12:24pm
Thread Board
You know, I remembered your post a few weeks ago as I saw it on the group. So that was one of the first thoughts to mind was that you were correct. =)
Reply to: #970441 by BaliWho
Jan 20, 2019 12:39pm
Thread Board
Reply to: #970466 by J Walkers
Jan 20, 2019 12:49pm
Thread Board
The URL should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out!

As others have noted, you probably filled up the folder that you were trying to store messages in, but you should be able to create more folders. You might also think about getting rid of old messages that you don't need anymore to clear out space in those folders.

-- Ryan
UK Letterboxing - Facebook group
Board: Country: United Kingdom
Jan 20, 2019 2:00pm
Thread Board
I wanted to create an additional place for UK letterboxers to be able to share trips, share photos, share new stamps they are carving, ask advice and generally chat to other like-minded letterboxers in the UK.

I have created a Facebook page and would love to welcome new members who have an interest in contributing or simply enjoying what others have posted.

It is a closed group (in order to prevent our much loved hobby becoming too public) but can be found under the name “ UK Letterboxing”.

It would be great to see some new members. Please pass along to other letterboxers who you feel may benefit from this too!

Lauren :)
Re: Anyone still active in the UK?
Board: Country: United Kingdom
Reply to: #966738 by Desperate Dan
Jan 20, 2019 2:01pm
Thread Board
Another who is still active (although not as much as I would like due to completing my masters)!
bought Pfeil's L 12/1
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Jan 20, 2019 2:14pm
Thread Board
Like the subject says, I finally gave in and ordered Pfeil's L12/1. I follow a few linocutting artists and there are a lot of people who really like their stuff. I want the finest v gouge that I can possibly get - I've been working with Speedball, in fact, a Speedball linocut set I've borrowed from a friend, ages ago. I'm really excited to get it and try it out! What do you guys work with? I looked into flexcut too, but it sounds like their blades move a bit, which I don't want.
Re: bought Pfeil's L 12/1
Reply to: #970481 by coldsnap
Jan 20, 2019 2:36pm
Thread Board
I carve a ton if linocuts and relief prints using pink. My number one gouge is still a speedball #1. To me, the only important thing is that they are well sharpened and honed regularly. I do have woodcutting tools and a miniaturized Staedtler too. I haven't tried Pfeil's.

You can check out my artwork on the following pages.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeckledRoseCrafts/?ref=profile_intro_card

https://www.instagram.com/laurasroses/
Reply to: #970482 by LROSEM
Jan 20, 2019 2:56pm
Thread Board
Those are beautiful stamps!
Re: Green Jeans
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #970456 by MrOspital
Jan 20, 2019 3:03pm
Thread Board
How sad
Jan 20, 2019 4:13pm
Thread Board
I have a Flexcut and I love it. I use a variety of gouges depending but the Flex has become my go-to tool. No slipping for me. I wrote s write up here:

https://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.php?msgId=942720

The links to the pics are broken but the photos can be found in the toolbox here:

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4518

I hope you post a review after you’ve had a chance to use the Pheil a bit!

DZ
Reply to: #970483 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 20, 2019 4:23pm
Thread Board
Thank you. :)
Reply to: #970483 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 20, 2019 4:48pm
Thread Board
Those are beautiful stamps!

The carve she did of my daughter and son-in-law is amazing!!
Reply to: #970488 by Rocklun
Jan 20, 2019 5:52pm
Thread Board
And she did my amazing sig stamp!
Reply to: #970482 by LROSEM
Jan 20, 2019 6:11pm
Thread Board
I had my speedball for a while. How do you guys sharpen your tools?
Reply to: #970492 by condo
Jan 20, 2019 8:21pm
Thread Board
How do you guys sharpen your tools?

Kirbert has written up a pretty good tutorial.
Soup's On Seeks Carvers
Board: Event News and Planning
Jan 20, 2019 9:17pm
Thread Board
This year my family is hosting our ninth annual Soup's On event in November. We invite boxers to the Western MA region for the day to box, then we have a potluck of crock pot soups for dinner and more boxing in the woods around our home. The theme this year is Autumn.

I am on the lookout for stamps if anyone would be willing to carve, or donate any unused stamps you may have. I can return the stamps or permanently plant them, whatever you like.

Here are some trackers for ideas:

Autumn Holidays
Autumn Scenes
Autumn Treasures

Thanks for considering.
Jan 21, 2019 1:53am
Thread Board
Jan 21, 2019 2:01am
Thread Board
I looked into flexcut too, but it sounds like their blades move a bit, which I don't want.

Either one will probably take some getting used to, as these lino cutters are designed to be held in the palm for applying enough force to cut lino or wood. Carving rubber doesn't require as much force, so some of us mount Speedball nibs in Speedball pen holders and hold them like a pen when carving.

I don't think the Flexcut moving will be a problem when cutting rubber. It might be an issue cutting wood, but it's such a quality product that I can't imagine it's a problem. It's more likely a feature!

IIRC, the Flexcut nib can be separated from its wooden handle -- which may be a plus for rubber carving. You could either devise a lighter handle or possibly carve with no handle at all.

If you need your new tool modified, I'm available. I have modified a couple of these things, but not many; I can appreciate that someone paying that kinda cash for a new tool isn't anxious to send it off to me to hack it up.
Re: Soup's On Seeks Carvers
Reply to: #970496 by nosox
Jan 21, 2019 3:10am
Thread Board
I joined - I'll figure out what I'm going to carve after next weekend ;)
Yin and Yang of Doctor Who
Board: Doctor Who
Jan 21, 2019 6:46am
Board
Re: Soup's On Seeks Carvers
Reply to: #970496 by nosox
Jan 21, 2019 7:34am
Thread Board
I’ll probably join and contribute after I get some of the trackers I’ve signed up for carved!
😜