About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Merry Christmas!
Board: State: West Virginia
Dec 25, 2018 7:30am
Thread Board
Merry Christmas to all you boxing Mountaineers!

May you find all your boxes and your ink pad never go dry!
Wishing...
Board: Region: Northeast
Dec 25, 2018 8:36am
Thread Board
All my friends near and far a very Merry Christmas! Hope your day is filled with love and joy! See you in the New Year!
Re: Darn and Drat
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #969195 by Janila
Dec 25, 2018 8:46am
Thread Board
It's official. Been found twice since reported missing. woo-hoo!!

Merry Christmas, ho, ho, ho!
Re: Letterboxing Hotbeds
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #969634 by Road Junkies
Dec 25, 2018 9:10am
Thread Board
We've had some wonderful events in Michigan with beautifully carved stamps in fabulous parks. You can spend a day or two or more letterboxing in each place. Here are some that come to mind:

Lyon Oaks Dog Park, 52221 Pontiac Trail, Wixom, MI

Three metroparks connected: Willow Metropark, 23200 S Huron Rd, Huron Charter Township, MI, along with Lower Huron Metropark, E Huron River Dr & S Metro Parkway, Belleville, MI, as well as Oakwoods Metropark, 32911 Willow Rd, New Boston, MI

Waterloo Recreation Area, 17030 Bush Rd, Chelsea, MI

Proud Lake Recreation Area, 3500 Wixom Rd, Commerce Twp, MI
Re: Merry Christmas!!!!
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #969647 by Okie Dog
Dec 25, 2018 9:25am
Thread Board
Merry Christmas Okie Dog!! From the Goofy group
Merry Christmas to All...
Dec 25, 2018 10:19am
Thread Board
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good day.

P.S.: I hope your Boxing Day goes well as well.
Possible bug.
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Dec 25, 2018 10:29am
Thread Board
I just copied a clue from the clue page of a reserved box I had created. I then deleted the reserved box, because I wanted the date for the box to be Christmas, created a new box and cut and pasted the clues I had just copied to the new box clues. The bold items I had on the reserved box lost their boldness in the transfer. I've rebolded and it's fine now but I think losing the boldness is not what should be happening. The box is ABQ https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=301022
Re: Possible bug.
Reply to: #969663 by Wronghat
Dec 25, 2018 10:43am
Thread Board
I’ve notice a similar thing as well. I typed up a paragraph that I use often in communications and saved it in notes. It has a couple of bolded bits. The bolding never makes the cut and paste.

I’m guessing this is the way your browser chooses what it can cut and paste rather than a bug in the AQ system.
Dec 25, 2018 11:20am
Thread Board
FYI, you can change the plant date on a reserved box by using the “edit box” option. Looking forward to finding your new boxes soon!
Re: Merry Christmas!
Board: State: West Virginia
Reply to: #969656 by wvelliotts
Dec 25, 2018 11:31am
Thread Board
Definitely a great thought. Hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and prosperous 2019. And of course: "It is a great day to be a Mountaineer wherever you may be!"
Re: Mounting a stamp for a child
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #969652 by Maude
Dec 25, 2018 11:46am
Thread Board
I like to mount my stamps on 1/2 foam, I found a piece of foam laying by the road to my home, it is that alphabet letter, square, that is for a floor. It is flat on the bottom and textured on the top, I use lock-tite glue that seems to work really well. I always cut it to fit the stamp..with very little overhang.
Re: A Lot of Work - gone
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #759781 by BBStacker
Dec 25, 2018 11:50am
Thread Board
That sucks. I'm sorry.
🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️
🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️
I had made a crazy rhyming story clue for my magical potion box on lbna. It was "top of my head" stuff. It took me.. an hour? More? It was whimsical and made use of shapes in the landscape and the direction of the hills in the distance.
One rock looks like a big goldfish. One rock cave looks like a big open alligator mouth.
One huge stone looks like a pointing hand, and the box was directly in the opposite direction.
I was so proud. I hit save.
Then a message appeared. Something about how there was a problem. I cried. I was using the library lab and it was closing time. 😕
🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️
🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️
🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️🐠👈🐊🏔️
Dec 25, 2018 12:08pm
Thread Board
I've rebolded and it's fine now but I think losing the boldness is not what should be happening.

It depends on what you're cutting and pasting. If you cut and paste the actual clue as it's displayed to people, the formatting you use isn't going to get saved. Doesn't matter where you cut and paste from--the formatting doesn't get saved to AQ--just the text.

If you go to the "edit clue" page and cut and paste that--the formatting is part of the text you cut (either wiki or HTML markup), and if you paste that, it'll save the formatting. Well, it's not really "saving" the formatting--it's saving the text which happens to include the necessary text about how to format the text it surrounds.

You probably copied the text without the formatting information.

But as another person already mentioned, it would have just been easier to edit the plant date! Guess it's too late for that now.... Sorry about that!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #969669 by Green Tortuga
Dec 25, 2018 12:48pm
Thread Board
Good to know---thanks and Merry Christmas.
Re: Merry Christmas to All...
Reply to: #969662 by Oberon_Kenobi
Dec 25, 2018 1:52pm
Thread Board
Thank you, Mr. Kenobi.

Same to you, and I hope you have a good night as well.
Re: cell phone policies
Reply to: #968832 by Amanda from Seattle
Dec 25, 2018 2:09pm
Thread Board
Do I detect a note of sarcasm in your use of the words "service animal"?
Reply to: #969659 by Angel Winks
Dec 25, 2018 2:27pm
Thread Board
North Carolina in the Charlotte/Raleigh Durham and Greensboro/Winston-Salem areas have a lot of boxes. And awesome carvers too!!

-Amanda from Seattle
Reply to: #969654 by PiggyJaunt
Dec 25, 2018 5:38pm
Thread Board
Cleveland area Lakeview cemetery and a whole bunch of lb love in the metroparks and surrounding amazing areas too!
Reply to: #969674 by gemini girl
Dec 25, 2018 6:16pm
Thread Board
Pretty much all of Ohio!!
Re: Wishing...
Reply to: #969657 by mudflinginfools
Dec 25, 2018 6:32pm
Thread Board
Thank you! And hoping for good things for you in the new year.

TeachJR
Reply to: #969665 by ArnoldZiffel
Dec 25, 2018 8:37pm
Thread Board
Thank you.
just a little laugh for you
Dec 26, 2018 3:04am
Thread Board
Mars landing . . .

Here is your smile for today. It's a 43 second commercial,
and the sponsor isn't identified until the final few seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9WoM2bHfr48
Reply to: #969654 by PiggyJaunt
Dec 26, 2018 3:42am
Thread Board
Do Ohio. Greenlawn in Columbus, Spring Grove in Cincinnati. There is a big cemetery in Dayton, a ton of boxes in a couple of cemeteries in Urbana, and a bunch in the cemeteries of Chillicothe.

You can easily spend a week in this area hitting these cemeteries--Spring Grove alone would take 2-3 days to do completely!! And these are all within a max of 2 hours of each other!

Would love to meet up if you do head out to the Heart of It All
Reply to: #969635 by Public Hand
Dec 26, 2018 6:16am
Thread Board
Homer Lake Forest Preserve near Homer, IL

Homer Lake (not far from Urbana, IL and the University of Illinois) has been the location of Homerdoodle at Homer Lake 2016 and Homerdoodle 2018. Both events placed many letterboxes on the trails there and Homerdoodle in the Country 2017 is in Vermilion County not far away. In addition, there are many, many letterboxes planted within a 30 mile radius of Champaign, IL. Homerdoodle in the Woods will take place in July 2019 just to the west of Champaign, IL - planning on quite a few more letterboxes to be planted on trails in another Champaign County Forest Preserve.
It's official....
Dec 26, 2018 6:21am
Thread Board
Happy National Candy Cane Day.....how sweet it is!
Re: It's official....
Reply to: #969681 by a knitwit
Dec 26, 2018 7:27am
Thread Board
Yum, lucky for me I happen to have a nice candy cane in my lunch bag! But I'm extra excited for National Bacon Day on 12/30. There will be bacon wrapped everything!
Re: It's official....
Reply to: #969682 by Trishee
Dec 26, 2018 7:53am
Thread Board
Mmmm, that smells good.
Happy Boxing Day!
Dec 26, 2018 10:38am
Board
Hope everyone has a chance to do just that!
Re: just a little laugh for you
Reply to: #969678 by Grrly Girl
Dec 26, 2018 12:27pm
Thread Board
I'm stealing this. LOL
Boxing on Boxing Day
Dec 26, 2018 1:22pm
Thread Board
So, who has actually gone (letter)-boxing on Boxing Day? Tell us about your experience.