Dec 20, 2018 8:55pm
Thread Board
Thank you. So easy once one knows how.
Re: LBNA to AQ
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #969559 by photopam
Dec 20, 2018 9:52pm
Thread Board
What if a box is listed on both sites and not linked to each other. And box owner dies. It becomes adoptable on LBNA.

I do let people adopt boxes on AQ if the owner dies. They clearly don't mind it being on AQ if they listed it themselves, after all, and I don't want the box to become trash by leaving it abandoned, and it's clearly impossible to get permission from them after they kick the bucket.

So presumably, whoever adopts the box on LbNA would also adopt the box on AQ.

But you're describing a different scenario than the original question asked. Basically, I try to respect the wishes of the planter--even after their death.

-- Ryan
Re: Happy AQversary Puzzlemaster!
Board: State: California
Reply to: #969516 by MrOspital
Dec 21, 2018 12:02am
Thread Board
Happy day!
Re: Happy AQversary, AFD 13!
Reply to: #969532 by Yosemite MJD
Dec 21, 2018 12:03am
Thread Board
Happy day to you, Doug!
Gizmo's Gift will be visiting CT for the next few weeks
Board: State: Connecticut
Dec 21, 2018 3:39am
Board
Reply to: #969532 by Yosemite MJD
Dec 21, 2018 4:17am
Thread Board
Wishing you a Happy AQversary today!
I’ve enjoyed finding your boxes and love your creative wooden and other containers as well as your stamps. So glad you found Letterboxing in your retirement and have been such an active planter and finder. Always stay young at heart and keep boxing!

Enjoy

Eric (chill E)
Re: LBNA to AQ
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #969569 by Green Tortuga
Dec 21, 2018 4:38am
Thread Board
Yeap, different senerio, but related. As i said, the OP got me thinking about it.

Another senerio is the owner didn't die, just hasn't logged on in years. Box is adopted on LBNA. What happens to listing here? I've seen a few boxes around here that are abandoned on LBNA, but I think those are linked here. But what if they weren't?

Okay, I need to stop thinking about all the senerios. :D
Calling Saugus letterboxers
Board: State: Massachusetts
Dec 21, 2018 6:18am
Board
I heard that on Lynn Fells parkway there is a mile or so of houses that all have good holiday decorations. Can anyone confirm this for me, please?
Lake Elmo Park Reserve
Board: State: Minnesota
Dec 21, 2018 6:29am
Thread Board
According to my local newspaper, Lake Elmo Park reserve is going to undergo $2.5 million improvements in the fall of 2019.

My letterboxes at that park will be retrieved and retired in August.
If you want to go with me for a day of boxing/retrieving/retiring. I'll make the day into an event!
Reply to: #969542 by SnakeDoctor
Dec 21, 2018 12:54pm
Thread Board
Completely agree with you SnakeDoctor. Doug - thanks for keeping the Bay Area letterboxing scene vibrant.

Old Blue
My Cat Tracker
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Dec 21, 2018 2:37pm
Thread Board
Cat Swap has two more spots! Cards are not due until the end of January. It's a purrfect opportunity for the cat lover in you ;)
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10001
Re: My Cat Tracker
Reply to: #969582 by photopam
Dec 21, 2018 2:47pm
Thread Board
It's a purrfect opportunity....

😻😻😻😻!
Re: Illustration Markers
Board: Art Corner
Reply to: #969548 by photopam
Dec 21, 2018 6:31pm
Thread Board
I have copics. The blender marker from the copics is not really a blender... it's an eraser. I'm only familiar with Copic markers which are alcohol-based. But as far as blending goes they do blend pretty well but at the same time the colors that are most similar blend the best together. Also I find that they blend better when the color has not yet dried on the paper. I tend to start with a light or medium color and then keeping the paper wet add my dark color on top. Then I blend another time with the lighter color. I keep going back and forth until I'm pleased with what I have done . I sometimes even use the blender / eraser marker just to lighten it up. Keeping the paper wet seems to work well. I don't know if that would help with your markers or not but I thought I would at least suggest it.

Have you watched the new YouTube videos about your markers?
Re: Glass etching-shameless plug
Reply to: #969551 by Neoterra
Dec 21, 2018 6:32pm
Thread Board
Oh cool stuff!!
Dec 21, 2018 7:36pm
Thread Board
So I bought the Blick Illustration Markers. Now I am trying to figure out what to do with them.

Join more LTC trackers!

:~)
Re: Embarrassing questions
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #966946 by Wry Me
Dec 21, 2018 8:24pm
Thread Board
Do you still need this? I have a copy of the paper.
Re: Glass etching-shameless plug
Reply to: #969588 by Linden Leaf
Dec 21, 2018 10:53pm
Thread Board
Thank you!
Re: My Cat Tracker
Reply to: #969582 by photopam
Dec 22, 2018 6:49am
Thread Board
All full! :)
Reply to: #969587 by Linden Leaf
Dec 22, 2018 7:01am
Thread Board
Thanks for the ideas! I might see if I can get a blender.

Have you watched the new YouTube videos about your markers?

I searched and found one, but she kept going off topic so it was hard to watch. So that's why I asked here. :)
Reply to: #969590 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Dec 22, 2018 7:03am
Thread Board
Join more LTC trackers!

I want to use them on my next cards, so that's why I asked! I want my cards to look half way decent. :)
Reply to: #969594 by photopam
Dec 22, 2018 8:52am
Thread Board
Sometimes I will look for reviews like on amazon or even google "[name of markers] blogs". Sometimes things will pop up. Otherwise I suppose you could see if they react at all like copics. You could possibly watch a few YouTube videos on copics and see if any of their techniques work for your markers?

Oh!! I thought of another idea that I just started. I've started searching in Facebook. Type your markers in the search section and see what comes up. A lot of times people will have groups or pages and that's where you can learn quite a few techniques. And if not any groups are pages about your markers sometimes certain art pages will pop up and people will be talking about a specific product. And then you can look at that post and see what they say about the markers and possibly join the group and talk about them that way too.
Reply to: #969597 by Linden Leaf
Dec 22, 2018 10:11am
Thread Board
I've started searching in Facebook

Ooh, good idea. I'll have to give that a try, because google and pinterest yielded not much, mostly copic. My issue is that I don't have the color range needed for a lot of the copic tutorials. Hmm...
I'll keep playing and searching.
Dec 22, 2018 10:54am
Thread Board
Try searching “Blick markers vs Copic.” A bunch of articles and videos come up. Are you using marker paper? It’s less absorbent, so it works better for blending colors or shades. (The video by “Frugal Crafter “ shows examples on both 80 lb cardstock and marker paper @ 4:30) : )

Thanks for the reminder - I really need to practice more with my markers!
Reply to: #969599 by Summerfun
Dec 22, 2018 11:04am
Thread Board
Try searching “Blick markers vs Copic.” A bunch of articles and videos come up. Are you using marker paper? It’s less absorbent, so it works better for blending colors or shades.

I Will try that search. And I haven't tried marker paper yet. I have some postcards you color and I'm not sure what kind of paper it is.
Thanks
Merry Christmas
Board: Yakking It Up
Dec 23, 2018 11:48am
Thread Board
Twas the night before Christmas, with bad weather reports
And the folks of Pike County were out wearing shorts
Rushing to Walmart for some milk and potatoes
And maybe some candles in case there's tornadoes
While many are dreaming a Christmas of white,
I'm wondering if I'll need AC tonight!
And before you start thinking my cheer sounds too iffy,
I'm just saying Merry Christmas from South Mississippi. ;)
Re: Embarrassing questions
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #969591 by rakoonz
Dec 23, 2018 12:02pm
Thread Board
I got it, thanks!
Re: Merry Christmas
Reply to: #969601 by ebda
Dec 23, 2018 12:44pm
Thread Board
Same to you from us(who are boxing in Alabama with the new clue tracker in 60 degrees:)
Re: Finding new letterboxers/looking for a bargain
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #968711 by Mizscarlet
Dec 23, 2018 1:04pm
Thread Board
Dear Lord, I wasn't going to jump in but now I am. This has been my montra as some of my closest friends know. Some of my VERY best letterboxing experiences have been where a box was missing or one was where someone carved a simple x In the old PZ-Cut. I just took my granddaughter letterboxing for her very first time. I told her there are no guarantees will will be able to figure out the clues and that the box will even be there but I told her the box and the stamp are only PART of the deal and that any time we can spend time outdoors and exploring new places together, it was a great day! Sure enough, the box was long gone but she assured me the was still great bc she loved the little (unexpected park ) and that we had had fun. My point is that when I tell people about letterboxing, I hope their experience is in trying or exploring something new and they can figure out which aspects they like best. Some can't hike on trails any more, Some only like event boxing, Some like historic boxes or ones in cemeteries and some jump over to LTC rings. There's something for everyone so when explaining to new folks I hope they know there are many options they can try. Going to crawl back under my SPOR. Lol
Happy Festivus!
Dec 23, 2018 1:23pm
Board
I hope your bellies are full of meatloaf or whatever you fancy and you've got time to gather around that special pole, which hopefully has a very high strength-to-weight ratio, to air your grievances. And remember if you have nothing better to do, then go ahead and partake in feats of strength. A Festivus for the rest of us!
Re: Quack like a Goose
Board: Mysterious Capers and Sneaky Stuff
Reply to: #969275 by Sir Braemoor
Dec 23, 2018 3:09pm
Thread Board
I was hoping there would be a Christmas clue from Sir Braemoor! Having exhausted everything I could think of involving slothful chefs and sangria, I was sure a nudge would immediately be obvious. But alas! I'm just as much in the dark as before. Must be me!! Sigh... Where is Aiphid when I need him?