About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Cluetracker
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Dec 18, 2018 4:56pm
Thread Board
My Cluetracker is suddenly asking me to log in and approve Clue Tracker so the app may access my account. I've logged in but don't find where to approve Clue Tracker. any advice?

My son had me go to the app store and choose Clue Tracker which had an update which fixed everything.
Re: Cluetracker
Reply to: #969509 by Wronghat
Dec 18, 2018 6:25pm
Thread Board
I’m glad to hear that the new version is working for you!
Re: Cluetracker
Reply to: #969512 by MichKathy
Dec 18, 2018 7:46pm
Thread Board
Is this Apple, Android or either?
Re: My Annual Christmas Movie Plug: I Remember Mama
Board: Movie Moments
Reply to: #969230 by Captain Slick Kitty
Dec 18, 2018 8:44pm
Thread Board
Ok I finally watched it and I loved it! Uncle Chris was my favorite character and then at the end I loved him even more. Thanks CSK for introducing it to me!
Re: Excellent video showing print making process
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #969443 by Oberon_Kenobi
Dec 19, 2018 6:49am
Thread Board
I took a print making class back in college, and I'm thinking that we did wet the paper first so it didn't warp. If only the inked part is wet, it could warp, so to have it all wet keeps it even.

And to re-wet it would be to help it dry flat, I'm thinking.

But then I'm still on my first cup of coffee and that was 20 years ago... :)
Happy AQversary Puzzlemaster!
Board: State: California
Dec 19, 2018 8:02am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary to So. Cal's puzzlemaster Kelsung!
12 Years!
Thanks for all the head scratching(pounding)!
Reply to: #969515 by photopam
Dec 19, 2018 8:14am
Thread Board
I think when I was in the LTC print tracker the hostess left out a step in her instructions. She kept saying make sure to let it dry for several days, which I didn't understand because my paint dried really fast. This makes sense now, I was supposed to wet the paper first. I used a ton of paper trying to get good imprints, the stamp kept getting stuck on the paper. This video made it look a lot easier.
Re: Happy AQversary Puzzlemaster!
Reply to: #969516 by MrOspital
Dec 19, 2018 9:15am
Thread Board
Ditto to what MrOspital said :)
Reply to: #969518 by Cherryontop
Dec 19, 2018 9:17am
Thread Board
Ditto to what Cherryontop said!

(double ditto?) :)
clue tracker for android
Board: Tools of the Trade
Dec 19, 2018 9:26am
Thread Board
anyone beta testing this app? am i just dense or does it NOT have an underlying map?
this was the most imporrtant part of box radar for me i used it when i was on long trips, especially the intersates to get me close to boxes that never showed up on aq/lbna searches

also wonder how klugie you found logging into aq/lbna everytime you use clue tracker to hind finds and attempts?

we need to give the developers as much feedback as possible
Reply to: #969516 by MrOspital
Dec 19, 2018 9:44am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary to So. Cal's puzzlemaster Kelsung!

It's amazing that someone so eevil can also be so kind. Happy AQversary!!

Looking forward to the next visit with my So Cal friends, whenever that may be!!
Reply to: #969517 by Topcollector
Dec 19, 2018 10:05am
Thread Board
I live in Florida where the average humidity is around 110%. If you leave something out to "dry", it had better be indoors, and it had better be during air-conditioning season. Fall or spring the A/C doesn't run much, so even indoors the humidity is too high for reliable drying. Things will get dank and moldy rather than dry.

When I worked at P&WA in West Palm Beach, there was a station out on the assembly floor where you could get prints of jet engine diagrams made. It was a great innovation, because otherwise you'd have to climb two flights of stairs and put in an order and wait a day. This way, when you needed to check some dimensions or something, you could have your answer in a minute. The machine looked like any other printer only bigger, used sheets of paper about 3' x 4'. Had a stack of paper loaded in a tray, just like any other copier.

Did I mention that the assembly floor was not air conditioned? I worked there for years before I learned that, every night, the lady in charge of that printer took the remaining stack of paper out and threw it away. The next morning an entirely new stack of paper was taken out of storage in an air-conditioned area and loaded into the machine. Paper that had been in the machine more than 24 hours tended to absorb too much moisture and get all wavy and jam the machine.

Right now I'm trying to resurrect one of my stamps that was retrieved after the hiding location was bulldozed and paved. The container had been mangled so the stamp was wet. Doesn't hurt the rubber any, and doesn't hurt the oak backing, but the foam in between gets full of water. You can press it with your thumb and squeeze a few drops of water out. So, just leave it out to dry, right? It's been out to dry for three weeks, it ain't dry yet.
Re: clue tracker for android
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #969520 by fleetwood7
Dec 19, 2018 10:28am
Thread Board
I am one of the android beta testers for Clue Tracker (ACT). The current version does not have an underlaying map, but then, neither did Box Radar. Both apps relied on google or mapquest or wherever to get fresh maps every time the app was used.

What BR did have was the ability to store clues in the app after they were downloaded from AQ and LbNA. Clue tracker for iPhone has this ability and I understand that ACT will have this ability soon. I believe it is the next feature that the coders are working on now that the map feature is working.

That said, I have been using ACT for a few weeks and does retrieve LbNA clues just fine which was one of the features that has stopped working on BR. I still have BR on my phone as it still works with AQ clues.

box radar for me i used it when i was on long trips, especially the intersates to get me close to boxes that never showed up on aq/lbna searches

I do not understand this. How did BR show you boxes that "never showed up on aq/lbna searches"? Those are the only two places that BR ever got clues from.

You do not have to log into AQ or LbNA "every time" you use ACT. ACT remembers your userid/password and logs you in whenever you do a search for boxes. Since ACT does not store the clues you have to run a new search each time you exit the app and then re-start it but that is a
temporary inconvenience that should be rectified in the next beta version.
Reply to: #969522 by Kirbert
Dec 19, 2018 11:23am
Thread Board
So, just leave it out to dry, right? It's been out to dry for three weeks, it ain't dry yet.

You need to use a good SUtPO (Security Ultra-Thin Pad), Overnight model, with a breathable, flexible cover and a 3D capture core. . . with wings.

Wry Me
just helping you get the specs right
Reply to: #969524 by Wry Me
Dec 19, 2018 1:24pm
Thread Board
... with wings.

What, and risk having your stamp fly away!?

DZ
Dec 19, 2018 1:49pm
Thread Board
That reminds me of our copy paper years ago here in IL. It used to get wavy. For some reason it doesn't anymore. Our copy techs would tell us that we had to put it in the machine right-side up. ??? How ridiculous, since we could make 2-sided copies. Thanks for bringing back some memories.
Reply to: #969525 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Dec 19, 2018 3:44pm
Thread Board
What, and risk having your stamp fly away!?

Not if you put the sticky side down.
Reply to: #969521 by wassamatta u
Dec 19, 2018 10:42pm
Thread Board
Thank you to all. I’m still around lurking in the shadows.

K
Re: Winter
Board: State: Alaska
Reply to: #969495 by KnottyKnitterDirtMonkey
Dec 20, 2018 1:15am
Thread Board
Yes, it's wise to avoid the bears, were aware. Good to talk about though.
Re: Winter
Board: State: Alaska
Reply to: #969505 by a knitwit
Dec 20, 2018 1:17am
Thread Board
I have officially carved myself my first signature stamp and some others. Again I'm in Alaska. Not much outdoor boxing right now.
Dec 20, 2018 1:26am
Thread Board
Use those packet thingies that keep things dry.
Happy AQversary, AFD 13!
Dec 20, 2018 5:45am
Thread Board
Happy anniversary, Doug!
Reply to: #969433 by lonnewsom
Dec 20, 2018 6:06am
Thread Board
Shameless printmaking plug:

Hi, I am LROSEM. I am a stamp carver and a mixed media printmaker. I have a few pages for you all to check out.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeckledRoseCrafts/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpeckledRoseCrafts?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Also, If you are interested in learning about printmaking from thousands of experts, check out Linocut Friends on facebook.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Reply to: #969533 by LROSEM
Dec 20, 2018 6:28am
Thread Board
Having purchased a print from LROSEM as a shameless gift for myself, I can tell you that her skills are amazing and totally worth checking her pages out! They are some real inspiration on what a talented carver can do. I can only aspire to gain her detail in my images!
Reply to: #969534 by The Vs
Dec 20, 2018 6:50am
Thread Board
You are so kind! Thank you. <3
Dec 20, 2018 6:56am
Thread Board
In ga we also have some crazy humidity. I often stick stuff in my gas oven and let the pilot light take care off it. Leave the oven light on or use a sticky note so you dont cook whatever it is. Works great on log books it you seperate pages first.
LBNA to AQ
Dec 20, 2018 8:40am
Thread Board
I just recently message from Choi(LBNA) i did adopt box to my name from adoptable list and question is - how do you transfer clue from LBNA to AQ using new owner from adopted box? I am not expert to start. Yankocats
Reply to: #969536 by Quarry
Dec 20, 2018 8:41am
Thread Board
Holy cow, more memories. Years and years ago I had a friend who dried her jeans in the oven. Totally forgot. I'm getting so old.
Re: LBNA to AQ
Reply to: #969537 by Yankocats
Dec 20, 2018 9:01am
Thread Board
how do you transfer clue from LBNA to AQ using new owner from adopted box?

LBNA and AQ have different policies about adoptions--on AQ I believe the original owner's permission is required for someone else to adopt a box unless the original owner is known to be deceased. Even if the original owner hasn't checked in in a long while they still might and they'd probably be miffed that the box was taken over by someone else.
Re: LBNA to AQ
Reply to: #969537 by Yankocats
Dec 20, 2018 9:11am
Thread Board
This should answer your questions on adopting LBNA boxes on AQ.