A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Anyone interested in helping?
Board: State: Michigan
Nov 19, 2018 12:04pm
Thread Board
Hey Michigan friends,

My friend TeachJR of Illinois started a virtual event several months ago wanting to get 200 letterboxes planted all over the country to help celebrate the bicentennial of Illinois. I believe there are around 140 boxes planted, but that still leaves 60ish boxes to go. I know that there are 2 boxes already planted in Michigan.

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to encourage you to help her meet her goal if you have the time and desire. Maybe you have a box already carved that would fit this theme perfectly! Here's the link if you are interested.

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4046

And, a completely random tangent: TeachJR and friends throws an amazing event every year in Illinois (always using the word HOMERDOODLE) if you are looking for a great event to attend. Here is the link to this summer's event:

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4062

Just my encouragement to my Michigan letterboxing community. Have a blessed Thanksgiving, everyone!
Louanne/Angel Winks
Re: cleveland LB idea
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #968507 by gemini girl
Nov 19, 2018 1:03pm
Thread Board
Hope you get a positive response! I would be happy to carve something if you do. I have family in the Cleveland area and visit fairly often, so if this series becomes a reality, I hope to look for them as well. :-)
Re: don't be fooled
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #968512 by Grrly Girl
Nov 19, 2018 3:19pm
Thread Board
I forward all spam to:

spam@uce.gov

It's the FTC. I don't know how effective it actually is but it makes me feel good doing it. I've seen discussions where people say it doesn't really do anything but hey.....you never know. I also find the legitimate email address of the company to send it to....paypal, bank of america, whoever and forward it there. They all have addresses to send scam email to.
Boxes in Madisonville
Board: State: Tennessee
Nov 19, 2018 3:52pm
Board
My recent plants now have clues.
Boxes in Madisonville, Tennessee
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Nov 19, 2018 3:55pm
Thread Board
My recently planted boxes no have clues posted.
Re: Anyone interested in helping?
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #968513 by Angel Winks
Nov 19, 2018 4:25pm
Thread Board
I have an idea for an Illinois stamp, which hopefully I can get carved and planted before the end of the year.

dp
Re: Boxes in Madisonville, Tennessee
Reply to: #968517 by Acorns4u
Nov 19, 2018 5:19pm
Thread Board
I looked at your logbook. I see clues on all of them. I also did a search. They all come up and they all have clues.
Reply to: #968517 by Acorns4u
Nov 19, 2018 6:01pm
Thread Board
Well what I was trying to say is...they NOW have clues posted. Oops!
Reply to: #968520 by Acorns4u
Nov 19, 2018 6:37pm
Thread Board
We will look forward to getting out to hunt them next month maybe. We got too much going on this month to do much hunting.

Thanks for giving us so much more to hunt in that area of the state.
Airplanes and Spaceships
Board: Yakking It Up
Nov 19, 2018 7:03pm
Thread Board
Re: Airplanes and Spaceships
Reply to: #968522 by Oberon_Kenobi
Nov 19, 2018 9:14pm
Thread Board
It only took 66 years from the Wright brothers first flight to landing on the moon.
From the invention of the motorcycle to the first backflip on a motorcycle took...

... about 120 years!

Another fun fact: the Wright brothers entire first flight was was so low and short it could have taken place within the external fuel tank of the shuttle spaceship.
Re: Soup's On!
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #968501 by Una Marlee Sue
Nov 19, 2018 9:44pm
Thread Board
Let's go for Fall!! Had a great time again!!! Thanks to all for giving us a great day!!! :)
Reply to: #968523 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Nov 20, 2018 1:07am
Thread Board
first intentional and successful
From the invention of the motorcycle to the first backflip on a motorcycle took...

... about 120 years!
Reply to: #968525 by Grrly Girl
Nov 20, 2018 6:31am
Thread Board
I did one amazing 360 high speed spin on a bicycle once that bent my back wheel 45 degrees, don’t ask me how, but it saved my life when a car pulled out in front of me, and if seems I’ve been dealing with those drivers forever after.
Re: Unexpected letterboxing
Reply to: #515844 by idlemoon
Nov 20, 2018 6:55am
Thread Board
That is someone 'who has the boxing bug' for sure.
Happy AQVERSARY
Nov 20, 2018 7:49am
Thread Board
Debbie,
I am wishing you a super cake day my friend. Enjoy whatever you choose to do today! πŸŽΆπŸ’–πŸ˜˜
Re: Announcing: POWER PLANT challenge
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #967575 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Nov 20, 2018 10:03am
Thread Board
Ok, I'm in too. I planted one this past weekend but will probably struggle to make it to 10. Anyone care to make a donation or two?πŸ™‚
Reply to: #968531 by THE RED CYCLONE
Nov 20, 2018 10:42am
Thread Board
Jason - congrats on your plant this weekend!

I will send you all the stamps you want if you want to plant them! I love carving, but planting is H A R D (which is why we set this six month challenge at 10 plants) :)

Sarah
Re: Happy AQVERSARY
Reply to: #968529 by Acorns4u
Nov 20, 2018 10:50am
Thread Board
Happy Happy AQversary to you!!!! I hope you find all you seek with a smile on your face :)
Re: Unexpected letterboxing
Reply to: #515844 by idlemoon
Nov 20, 2018 11:30am
Thread Board
He's a "key"per!!! How cute! Carve him a key stamp to hide asap!!! and plant a smootch on him! LOL
Reply to: #968525 by Grrly Girl
Nov 20, 2018 12:21pm
Thread Board
first intentional and successful

True... and funny!

πŸ˜„
Want to create new Stone Mountain
Nov 20, 2018 2:23pm
Thread Board
So. This Pig is crazy and is thinking about building their own Mecca. How many stamps would Piggy have to plant in a location to knock Stone Mountain off the list as the place with the highest concentration?

Where would be a good place on the upper east coast with lots of trails and woodland forests for hiding boxes in? I'd be willing to come to your state if the conditions are favorable and make it a destination for our kind.
Re: Want to create new Stone Mountain
Reply to: #968538 by PiggyJaunt
Nov 20, 2018 2:39pm
Thread Board
As a new boxer from Stone Mountain I have to warn you- I have only just started planting, and while I have not planted at Stone Mountain Park- because of its density... I would love an excuse to do so... so I'm gonna take that as a friendly challenge.
Reply to: #968538 by PiggyJaunt
Nov 20, 2018 2:44pm
Thread Board
I’d suggest CT since it already has, I believe, the most boxes per capita/per square foot of all the NE states.

Warrior Woman
right next door in RI
Reply to: #968532 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Nov 20, 2018 2:48pm
Thread Board
Thanks so much. I am guessing I would need 6 or 7. I'm in PA right now visiting my mom so I'll get back to you in a few days. 😊😊
Event picture question
Nov 20, 2018 2:53pm
Thread Board
Hello!

So, I am getting our next event details hammered out and I have a quick question. Can you post pictures about an event before it happens?

Thanks in advance,

csk
Reply to: #968540 by Warrior Woman
Nov 20, 2018 2:54pm
Thread Board
Yes I love Connecticut, but Stone Mountain is a location, not a state. So I'm looking for a location big enough to handle that kind of density while not being spread out over an entire state :) Any suggestions of parks you think fit the bill?
Reply to: #968543 by PiggyJaunt
Nov 20, 2018 3:10pm
Thread Board
I’m flashing back to The Mansfield (CT) Monster Mash of ?? 2004 ?? There were hundreds and hundreds of boxes planted in Mansfield for that event (think on the scale of L&B). I’d be curious to see how many boxes are still there - perhaps a good starting point to build upon.

Warrior Woman
trying
Re: Event picture question
Reply to: #968542 by Captain Slick Kitty
Nov 20, 2018 3:25pm
Thread Board
In the past I have added photos to an event tracker before the event occurred. There is an "upload photos" button at the top of the event page.
Reply to: #968541 by THE RED CYCLONE
Nov 20, 2018 4:12pm
Thread Board
I'm in PA right now visiting my mom so I'll get back to you in a few days.

Please, please, please plant a few in PA!!!!