About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Sock swap tracker
Board: Yakking It Up
Nov 4, 2018 2:32pm
Thread Board
I have created the tracker for the sock swap, and I added everyone who said that they wanted to participate. Anyone else who would like to join, please sign up and then send me your info as listed on the tracker.

TG
Re: next L&B location
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #967862 by koalacat
Nov 4, 2018 2:55pm
Thread Board
This would make a Fabulous Conversation Starter at the Event Saturday!
Re: Sock swap?
Reply to: #967918 by Trekkie Gal
Nov 4, 2018 3:11pm
Thread Board
Yeah that's what I mean. You have TWO of them?!
Re: Missing boxes
Board: New Members' Board
Reply to: #967924 by Amanda from Seattle
Nov 4, 2018 3:46pm
Thread Board
I once had a box that was hidden in a log along a trail [....]

I once hid a box under a log at least 20 feet off of the trail. It was in a place where no one would go if they weren't looking for my box.

I received a report or two that boxers couldn't find my box. I went and looked for my box, and the log was missing. This wasn't a little log, it was a fallen tree at least 18" in diameter. It has just gone missing, and my box too.

I carved another stamp to replace it; same theme but different image. Since it was in a series I let people know that the new stamp was different and they should go look for it. Because of the way that AQ works with series, I renamed the old one, moved it to the end of the list of boxes and named the new one with the previous name (adding the year of replacement behind it).
Re: Sock swap?
Reply to: #967914 by condo
Nov 4, 2018 3:49pm
Thread Board
Fun sized people have fun sized feet.

So fun-sized candy bars are only for fun-sized people? ;-)
Re: If you can read this, ...
Reply to: #967905 by The hicks from the sticks
Nov 4, 2018 5:26pm
Thread Board
I can write a note the office concerning the child carrying it (nothing bad) and they can't read it b/c it's a secret code!
Happy Birthday 2019
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Nov 4, 2018 7:50pm
Board
Hoping all my regulars will join my birthday swap. New people are welcome too. :-)
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=10017
anyone want to help me plant boxes?
Board: State: Massachusetts
Nov 4, 2018 8:09pm
Board
Hey MA letterboxers!

I'm located in Boston and I've been slowly getting more into letterboxing. I really like the stamps component of boxing - I really like carving, collecting and seeing what kind of art gets put out there - but I'm bad at figuring out where to plant, materials, etc. I'm a city mouse and do not have a car. I love making larger stamps, which are kinda harder to hide in urban spots (and I don't really want to put them all behind museum front desks). Does anyone in MA really like the clue-writing and box-hiding parts? I'd love to meet up with people - I tried suckering my friends into this and was only partly successful - and making more boxes! I have a whole series of boxes I want to carve for but I worry about my ability to hide them!

Let me know!

EDITED to add: a couple kind people have AQ mailed me to collaborate so I am all set! Just wanted to update :) and thank you all!
Theme
Nov 4, 2018 10:53pm
Thread Board
That new theme is cuckoo!

😄👍
Re: Theme
Reply to: #967937 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Nov 5, 2018 3:32am
Thread Board
So, not seeing the messages unless I hover or set to expanded view is intentional?
Board Post Layout
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Nov 5, 2018 4:48am
Thread Board
Usually (always) I read the board posts in the expanded layout but today all I see there are the headers without the discussion. To read the discussion I need to go to the summaries layout. This is fine but not necessarily my comfort area for reading posts. Hoping this is just a temporary situation.
Silly Holidays Tracker
Nov 5, 2018 5:19am
Board
Hello,

I have 4 more slots open for a tracker that has a send by date of 12/10!!! That's just a month away, so if you have a silly holiday you want to celebrate, come on a join the tracker!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9918
Re: Board Post Layout
Reply to: #967940 by BBStacker
Nov 5, 2018 5:55am
Thread Board
Yes, it is broken for me as well (on both iPad and laptop computer). Hopefully Ryan can fix it soon.
Nov 5, 2018 6:23am
Thread Board
It is probably just a big, but it could be a political statement. Today's theme is Guy Fawkes Day.
Reply to: #967942 by MichKathy
Nov 5, 2018 6:50am
Thread Board
mine too, on my iPad and my Samsung galaxy. 🤔
Reply to: #967939 by Grrly Girl
Nov 5, 2018 7:15am
Thread Board
Guy Fawkes Day?
Re: Live & Breathe Complaint Dept.
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #967849 by 360 Degrees of Nowhere
Nov 5, 2018 7:29am
Thread Board
Thank you for the generous gift!
Nov 5, 2018 7:42am
Thread Board
Sorry about that. 'Twas a minor update I did last night to fix a small bug just before I went to sleep and I wound up turning it into a much bigger bug!

It should be fixed now.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #967943 by Oberon_Kenobi
Nov 5, 2018 7:44am
Thread Board
It is probably just a bug, but it could be a political statement. Today's theme is Guy Fawkes Day.

I fixed the typo in the quote to say "bug" instead of "big" so it'll make more sense that way, but that's just darned funny! Purely a coincidence! Nothing more! =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #967939 by Grrly Girl
Nov 5, 2018 7:45am
Thread Board
So, not seeing the messages unless I hover or set to expanded view is intentional?

No.... a small bug I was trying fix that I managed to turn into a much bigger bug. Sorry! All is back to normal... Continue on! There's nothing to see here! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Addicted to swaps...
Reply to: #967901 by jlsd0218
Nov 5, 2018 9:01am
Thread Board
And I thought that I had a problem with my now seemingly paltry 342 swaps over 8 years. ;)

dp
Re: Stayin' Warm event attendees....bottle caps
Reply to: #967842 by Moms_Play
Nov 5, 2018 9:26am
Thread Board
My Kids and I have started taking them off the tops of every pop bottle they find they even talked there grandparents into saving them for you.

Thanks! It's not just bottle caps. Any hard plastic caps and lids. I think recycle #'s 2, 4, 5... water bottles, pop, medicine caps, mayonnaise, condiments, peanut butter, laundry detergent, hair spray, shampoo, cottage cheese, sour cream, etc!

One thing I noticed in my last collection, people were adding the plastic lids from carry out cups. These are not hard enough and not usable. Also, people threw in a bunch of metal tabs from pop/beer cans. Also, not usable for this collection.

I appreciate the help!
Re: Stayin' Warm event attendees....bottle caps
Reply to: #967816 by Cross Family
Nov 5, 2018 9:29am
Thread Board
it's Going to Cost You a Extra Stamp ( I want to Stamp the TOP Stamp 2x)!.... I want A Bonus stamp because of such Short Notice to save Tops!🤣😂🤣😂🤗😂,and I suppose I should Also Save for the Feb. Event?!

No can do! Same stamp as last time! You're welcome to stamp the stamp a second time! ;)

I haven't decided if I will continue collecting the caps. But, you may as well keep collecting them for February. It's likely that I will do it again.
Re: Live & Breathe Complaint Dept.
Reply to: #967742 by Origami Hen
Nov 5, 2018 11:44am
Thread Board
"The songs played by the bluesy night boxing letterboxes were too short. Just when you got into the groove and started boogeying, the music would stop, and you'd have to shine your flashlight into the box again, which was very annoying. Lame."

You WERE my new BFF but after outing me like this...well lets just say i might, might being the operative, invite you to my next slumber party. ;)

deniserows
and fights with pillows
Reply to: #967926 by Cross Family
Nov 5, 2018 12:08pm
Thread Board
Just wondering... could the location be dog friendly? If I could bring my camper and my dogs I would love to come.
U attamassaw ?
Nov 5, 2018 12:32pm
Thread Board
REALLY ! 12 year anniversary!. No plants, finds,etc. Messages only! What kind of boxer is that?.
Reply to: #967959 by PuggleMom
Nov 5, 2018 12:55pm
Thread Board
That’s a good question. I’m not sure if they were or weren’t dog friendly before. It’s hard because you have to pick a venue with lodging, meals, and plenty of trails so it limits the where greatly. That would be something to consider. I know a bunch of people camped nearby the location.
Re: U attamassaw ?
Reply to: #967960 by KatieKat
Nov 5, 2018 1:09pm
Thread Board
That’s what happens to boxers related to those full of s***
Reply to: #967960 by KatieKat
Nov 5, 2018 1:53pm
Thread Board
No plants, finds,etc. Messages only! What kind of boxer is that?

Such distractions would only steer my focus away from my true raison d'être... bringing about the downfall of that moosey miscreant, that rude ruminant, that uninformed oft-scorned lowborn palm-horn.

Such is his vileness and turpitude that I can not, WILL not, engage in other more wholesome and life-affirming activities until his evil reign has been staunched and riven from the annals (sp?) of AQ.

My sacrifice is for the greater good.
Reply to: #967963 by u attamassaw
Nov 5, 2018 2:13pm
Thread Board
I like goat cheese