Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Letterboxing Patches???
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #967254 by christmas6
Oct 24, 2018 8:59am
Thread Board
OK, I’ll kick it around a bit. Stay tuned...
Xpost: LockWench sig stamp image needed
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Oct 24, 2018 10:15am
Board
Lost:sig stamp.
Have:carving material
Need: Image of Lock Wench's sig stamp
Where: In your exchanges
Send: photo/jpeg of LW sig stamp that is in YOUR logbook.
How: AQ mail me for her phone number to text jpeg of sig stamp

deniserows
Lockwenches salutation signature
"Nice Counts
Unique Event Announcement: Murder Mystery
Board: Event News and Planning
Oct 24, 2018 11:11am
Board
About a month ago I posted trying to gauge interest in a unique letterboxing event. Well, here it is.

It's 1920 and you have all received invitations to a River Boat cruise on the Ohio River from Doctor Thomas Briefkasten and his wife, Laura. You all know them one way or another. Maybe you are close friends, family, coworkers. Maybe you have attended one of their parties before. These two love birds are well known for their parties. Maybe you have only heard them in passing and wonder why you received an invitation to such an event. On a cold January evening everyone shall join the company of the Breifkasten's, but be aware, their drama can be hard to avoid.

It is a murder mystery event on the River Queen boat in Cincinnati, OH/Newport, KY. It has a limited registration and ticket cost. You can read more about the event below. Let me know what you think and if anyone has questions!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=4099

=(^._.^)=
Re: Searching for someone
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #967259 by mudflinginfools
Oct 24, 2018 12:11pm
Thread Board
WHAT issue?? ;)
Re: Searching for someone
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #967292 by Basset Mom
Oct 24, 2018 12:25pm
Thread Board
She has to deal with people like me (hacks) who are jealous of her carving abilities.
Re: Hey L&B people
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #966997 by Grrly Girl
Oct 24, 2018 12:34pm
Thread Board
I just got another email from someone about the "too many connections" error. I can't fix that problem since I don't have access to LBNA, but I would like to remind y'all that AQ does store copies of LbNA-hosted internally for various purposes. (To allow people to search remotely-hosted clues for keywords, print more than one clue at a time, etc.)

If LbNA is down or otherwise inaccessible, it is possible to still find the clue on AQ by clicking the "View Cache" button on the listing. It's only a copy of the clue so if it was updated recently, you might not get those changes. Typically, AQ tries to checked for updated clues at least once every month or two.

-- Ryan
Help! Urgent!
Board: Region: Northeast
Oct 24, 2018 1:54pm
Board
Anyone have a picture of Lockwench's signature stamp? I will need it texted to me. My copy is in a logbook which is literally in the middle of my FULL garage (like floor to ceiling full, since we are living in temp housing while our new house is being built).

Get back to me ASAP..... If you have it and already know my cell phone number, please just text me a pic. If you don't have my cell phone number, e-mail me here on AQ and I will send it to you.

Thanks!
BB
I'm going to L&B XX!!!!!
Oct 24, 2018 1:57pm
Thread Board
Yup.... my husband is letting me go! I seriously thought I would be working this year and wouldn't be able to take time off during the school year, but because my husband's job is now in Orlando, I had to quit my job....

Then our house closing and move was scheduled for October.... However, it's all done, so now I can fly to Austin and be with my peeps!

Sooooo excited!
BB
Re: Hey L&B people
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #966997 by Grrly Girl
Oct 24, 2018 1:59pm
Thread Board
I haven't been able to log in for months.....

BB
Re: I'm going to L&B XX!!!!!
Reply to: #967299 by Bungalow Boxer
Oct 24, 2018 2:36pm
Thread Board
Hoooraaayyyy... glad your house sold and I'll see you at Live and Breathe !!!
Re: I'm going to L&B XX!!!!!
Reply to: #967299 by Bungalow Boxer
Oct 24, 2018 3:54pm
Thread Board
Hhhooooorrrraaaaaayyyyyy!!!!
Antique Affect?
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Oct 24, 2018 4:06pm
Thread Board
Is there a product that you can use as a top coat to give your LTC’s an antique affect? I’d love some feedback on tips and tricks that you have used.
New to Postals, Looking to Join a Ring
Board: Postals
Oct 24, 2018 5:08pm
Thread Board
Hey y'all!!

I've been letterboxing for a few years now and I would really love to try out postals. I messaged LittleMonkey about a Newbie Postal ring, but haven't gotten a reply. Is anyone looking to start a new ring that I can jump in on and learn on the fly? :)
Re: New to Postals, Looking to Join a Ring
Reply to: #967312 by TravelBugD
Oct 24, 2018 5:14pm
Thread Board
Just started one a few weeks ago. Will keep you in mind for the next one
Re: Antique Affect?
Reply to: #967311 by 4 J's
Oct 24, 2018 5:20pm
Thread Board
i've heard that coffee can be used.
October’s Box of the Month
Board: State: Florida
Oct 24, 2018 6:36pm
Board
Hey everyone! This month’s box will be out a couple more days than normal, until Monday the 29th, as I will be in Austin at Live and Breathe XX. I will be picking up the BOTM on Monday afternoon at about 3pm and sending it before end of business.

Be sure to get this great stamp!

BB
Re: Michael
Reply to: #967057 by Red Bird
Oct 24, 2018 6:43pm
Thread Board
In CT, we lived at the end of a power line, where we could lose power if someone even blew at the wires. After losing power for a week or more at a time during Hurricane Sandy and the ice storm later that fall, we ended up putting in a standby whole house generator, which ran on a 1000 gallon propane tank. Best investment we ever made!

Now here in FL, we already have a 220 50V (?) plug on the outside of our house which we can plug our portable generator into if we lose power. Our new house will have the same once completed.

BB
Mystery Postals?
Reply to: #967313 by IrishRef
Oct 24, 2018 7:02pm
Thread Board
Any new Mystery Postals coming...?
Re: Mystery Postals?
Reply to: #967317 by Phoenix Rizing
Oct 24, 2018 8:02pm
Thread Board
What is a mystery postal?
Re: Antique Affect?
Reply to: #967311 by 4 J's
Oct 24, 2018 8:15pm
Thread Board
You can try Antique Mod Podge. I was also going to give a link to LROSEM's blog where she used Ranger crackle stuff but I can't get it to work on my phone. Here is a link where I try to copy what she did.
Reply to: #967318 by All 4 Bama
Oct 24, 2018 8:30pm
Thread Board
What is a mystery postal?

It is a postal where you can't just join. A number of clues is given by the organizer, and the first N (whatever that number may ge) will be added to the list to receive the stamp.
Reply to: #967317 by Phoenix Rizing
Oct 24, 2018 8:51pm
Thread Board
I have been wanting to start them again since football season began. I've been swamped with work, but will try to start one next week.
water color pencils
Oct 24, 2018 9:11pm
Thread Board
I want to try some LTCs with water color pencils. I have never used them before and want to know if there is a product to use to seal them so they are not damaged by humidity and moisture. Any suggestions?

thanks,
condo
Re: Product review
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #967075 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Oct 24, 2018 9:30pm
Thread Board
I just ordered one from Amazon.
I read the article that it is being discontinued here in the US. I looked up the other product, it is very expensive.
Reply to: #967321 by IrishRef
Oct 24, 2018 9:34pm
Thread Board
I had a good run of successes this year solving your mysteries. A couple where I should have guessed but didn't think that my answer could possibly be right and I would have been! The Jeep one I got pretty quick.

Curious, do you plant the stamps after them being postals?
Re: water color pencils
Reply to: #967322 by condo
Oct 24, 2018 9:36pm
Thread Board
We use watercolor pencils pretty frequently for LTCs. I’ve also used watercolor paints in the past. In my opinion a coating is not necessary. However there are any number of spray fixatives that will work.

For illustration work I’ve used Krylon Workable Fixatif with good results.
Haunted, another Netflix Original Series
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Oct 24, 2018 10:11pm
Board
Between the exceptional Haunting of Hill House to the not yet viewed by this author Malevolent, Netflix is in full swing this spooky, haunting season.

One of Netflix's new releases is Haunted, a 6 episode series where the victim/survivor finally shares his/her horror/ghost story to family and friends surrounding them.

The first episode is The Lady In White. A man explains his horrible experience to a woman who killed her own children in an apartment and this man, as a young boy, moves the very next week into the very apartment. She in turn terrorizes him. And to make matters worse, his own parents not only don't care, he gets abused for trying to tell them about it.

Okay, yes. He seems credible. Even the people the around him, who initially sit stone-faced, start to feel this poor guy's pain.

Okay. Sure. He's telling the truth. I watch a lot of shows regarding people sharing/reliving their ghost experiences. Ghosts are real. This I believe.

This episode lasts about 24 minutes, so sure, click to the next episode. The next episode is called Slaughterhouse.

A woman named Terrilyn shares how growing up in Up State New York, in the woods, their house was built on Indian Burial grounds and how her father was a serial killer and her mother assisted. Her father would go to the bars and bring home "strays", innocent people that no one would notice if they go missing. And then, her dad would kill them and bury the bodies in the woods somewhere.

The episode goes on to show who even a grandson is subjected to the grandfather/father's abuse. And here I am like Um, no. Never in hell if I actually managed to escape slaughterhouse would I ever allow my precious child to alone with my father/serial killer.

But then it gets worse. This very same grandson inherits the house after the family claims the mom smothers the dad with a pillow--because the voices in the house told her to do it-- and the grandson explains how he orders a dumpster and guts the house of his grandfather's trophies...... trophies--items, like jewelry, he collected from his victims over the years of killing. And here I am like, Um, no. What you have done is criminal.

And now I am appalled! Just flat out appalled. I don't know who thought this episode was a wise idea but it's not. If this episode is true, then these people, especially the grandson, should be taken to jail for withholding evidence in a crime.

First episode, I thought was probably true. But this episode, I am saying "no" for it is disgusting and vulgar, and Netflix has used some poor judgement.

No Kitty Paw reviews for this crude, gimmicky show.

csk
Re: water color pencils
Reply to: #967322 by condo
Oct 24, 2018 10:19pm
Thread Board
I want to try some LTCs with water color pencils. I have never used them before and want to know if there is a product to use to seal them so they are not damaged by humidity and moisture. Any suggestions?

I haven't sealed watercolors (or watercolor pencils), but I did with an LTC colored by chalk (because it would easily rub off). I used a clear coat from a spray can. It seemed to work, and the card still looks fine.
Reply to: #967316 by Bungalow Boxer
Oct 25, 2018 1:35am
Thread Board
It just so happens that my house has a main panel about 20 yards from the house, so I was able to put the 220V plug out there. That gets the generator a bit farther away -- a good thing, since they are noisy.

You can monitor the progress of the power company restoring power by going outside at night and listening for the drone of portable generators in the distance.
Reply to: #967316 by Bungalow Boxer
Oct 25, 2018 1:37am
Thread Board
The generator I bought has a metal fuel tank. I saw a couple others in the back of somebody's pickup truck, and they had plastic fuel tanks. I wish mine had a plastic fuel tank! This thing is probably going to sit for years before I need it again, and it'd be good to have a fuel tank that doesn't rust.