About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Oh no, help!
Board: Funny Pages
May 31, 2017 3:43pm
Thread Board
My computer got the Miley virus and it's stopped twerking!!
Re: Oh no, help!
Reply to: #946327 by Raven
May 31, 2017 3:49pm
Thread Board
Yeah but I bet it still sticks its tongue out, huh?
:)
Re: It is far too quiet on these boards. Where did you all go?
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #946326 by Sudoku Crazy
May 31, 2017 4:30pm
Thread Board
Will you be there Friday night?
Re: F'inA Man!!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #946283 by Raven
May 31, 2017 4:35pm
Thread Board
A year already! Wow. Happy birthday!
Re: We're Baaaaack!
Board: State: Missouri
Reply to: #946263 by LyssaGirl
May 31, 2017 4:37pm
Thread Board
Welcome back
Re: New plan!!!!
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #946315 by MamaFrog
May 31, 2017 6:13pm
Thread Board
glad to hear all is okay!!
Reply to: #946316 by Mei Mary Poppins
May 31, 2017 6:23pm
Thread Board
Well had knee surgery in late February. Been in PT for about 2 months, but finished with that last week. Overall knees are better and I'm back at work on my feet the whole time. I work part-time in a coffee/sandwich shop. Most weeks I work 15-25 hours.
I've been doing a lot of carving lately. I find that it relaxes me. I've been in a couple of inches swap this year.
As far as actually letterboxing...I've done very little this year. Would like to do more, but life is a bit busy these days. I rather sit at home with family and carve than to be away from everyone.
Hope everyone has an safe and awesome summer!!
May 31, 2017 6:26pm
Thread Board
Well, I'm not in NC, but I've been busy with graduation party planning and de-cluttering my home for the 30+ guests coming over.

Next week, it will be back to normal, and then we will be carving, planting, and looking for boxes again.
Postcards for my sick step mom
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
May 31, 2017 6:34pm
Thread Board
I didn't realize how sick she was. But she is very ill. She's been in and out of the hospital. I've set up a tracker if anybody would like to send her a postcard with some kind of stamp art on it. They know a little bit about letter boxing but I think she would really get a kick out of getting some postcards from some of us. She loves cards so much. This reminds me my of grandfather who recently passed away. I had a tracker for him a few years ago. He kept all of his cards in a ziplock bag and carried them around with him. I don't know if she'll do that but I know she'll be so excited to see love coming her way. Here is a link to the tracker.
Thanks x1000

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=9434
May 31, 2017 7:25pm
Thread Board
I had a lull where all I did was some LTC stuff, mostly because I was working 6 days a week for a while.

I made it to the BrockBrood/Honey Pot Mini Meet and got to box a tad. I missed PAL day mostly due to work followed by severe storms in the area that afternoon but I still planted 4 boxes this past weekend to make up for it. Now we're preparing for a trip to Baltimore and I've been arranging clues for the trip as well as for around town.... Also checked my local hitchhiker hostel, swapped out all the hitchhikers to get them traveling with me, and have prepared 3 boxes to possibly plant somewhere between here and there. Pugs wants me to prep more than that but I don't think that is going to happen considering I haven't even packed anything other than camo boxes for this trip!

Also, my road trip project will be preparing bags for Super Hedge Hoggie to use in the Disney event....my pre-trip errands yesterday were to get extra dog food and biscuits so the dog sitter has plenty to divvy out, more baggies, and multiple rolls of duct tape :)
May 31, 2017 8:15pm
Thread Board
Yay! We have missed you!
Re: F'inA Man!!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #946330 by Always On Call
May 31, 2017 8:32pm
Thread Board
Happy cake day f' in A
Jun 1, 2017 5:58am
Thread Board
I went to the Wet, Wet, and Wild, but mostly Wet West Va event. There was one series that was planted for the event that was a ONE hour drive from the event, hiked for 3 hours in on and off rain, rubbed a blister on my foot that I am now nursing.

Back home and enjoying life with my family. Hope to log my WV finds today.

I'm also into the "Roxboro Rocks " hide and seek fun.

Oceanwinds do you know of an easy spot to drive up to Flat river where I could gather some rocks?
Reply to: #946341 by airstream dreams
Jun 1, 2017 6:21am
Thread Board
No, but what about Glencoe on the Haw River or Eno?
Reply to: #946342 by oceanwinds
Jun 1, 2017 6:26am
Thread Board
Oh yeah, great thought. But I'd have to get there before Mei Mary so she doesn't get them all. Lol
Reply to: #946329 by Team Awesome Pants
Jun 1, 2017 6:38am
Thread Board
Will you be there Friday night?

No, we will be somewhere in WV Friday night. We are leaving after we get off work that Friday, so we will drive about 5 hours. That leaves about 4 hours to drive to the event Saturday morning!
When are box rankings assessed?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Jun 1, 2017 7:00am
Thread Board
What are the metrics by which Box Rankings get tabulated? I'm curious to see where my newer boxes (3 months old, a dozen finders) stack up, but as yet they are not listed.
Jun 1, 2017 8:04am
Thread Board
We missed you! It is hard to believe that the Mininsky Bug is almost five. Time seems to fly when you are having fun. I hope to see your family on the trail or at a local gathering soon. Selfishly, I am also looking forward to any new boxes that you create.
Re: Postcards for my sick step mom
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #946337 by crosscresent
Jun 1, 2017 8:17am
Thread Board
I don't do LTC's but would like to send a card or postcard.
Teacup
Re: Any Interest?
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Reply to: #946325 by HarmonyMA
Jun 1, 2017 9:12am
Thread Board
Yes it is! And they now make the Scarlett for little girls which is just like the Carly
Reply to: #946314 by Sudoku Crazy
Jun 1, 2017 9:14am
Thread Board
I do!
Www.facebook.com/groups/lularoecandinaharmer
Reply to: #946279 by The Vs
Jun 1, 2017 9:15am
Thread Board
I have a ton of solid irmas right now. I also have Lola's and a couple Nicole's right now. I will be adding more of those and Amelia's soon
Re: Oh no, help!
Reply to: #946327 by Raven
Jun 1, 2017 9:53am
Thread Board
Did it hit you like a Wrecking Ball?! ;)
Reply to: #946336 by JampersandJ
Jun 1, 2017 10:14am
Thread Board
Well, I'm not in NC, but I've been busy with graduation party planning and de-cluttering my home for the 30+ guests coming over.

Next week, it will be back to normal, and then we will be carving, planting, and looking for boxes again.

Haha - me too!! And with the 30++ guests. On top of decluttering, we added in a new kitchen floor and painting! Graduation not until June 10th but after that I'll refocus on letterboxing out the wild, rather than through the mail!
Jun 1, 2017 10:15am
Thread Board
You all know I am beyond excited for September.

So are we! Actually planning to stay both Friday and Saturday nights and have 2 cabins reserved! Can't wait!
Re: New to Milwaukee - Suggestions?
Board: State: Wisconsin
Reply to: #946324 by Aviatrix
Jun 1, 2017 10:39am
Thread Board
If you would be interested in attending an event, the 2017 Great Lakes Gathering - "One for the Books" will be held in the Milwaukee area (Delafield) on June 24th. That would be a great place to meet up with some local boxers and find lots of great letterboxes!
Re: Once upon a time
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #945888 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jun 1, 2017 10:43am
Thread Board
The Emma & Hook romance is my favorite part of the show. I hope that Emma comes back on occasion. I have watched the series from the start but am usually behind as I do not have cable and just finished this season.

I would have rather them stopped at the happy ending versus the spin at the end. Hopefully it ends up being a good show still.
Re: Once upon a time
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #945839 by Penguin_Girl22
Jun 1, 2017 10:46am
Thread Board
I agree. ABC setup a strange new story this time. Hoping we still enjoy it!!
I Will Buy Carving Tools!
Board: Tools of the Trade
Jun 1, 2017 11:01am
Thread Board
Greetings All!

If any of you have any extra Staedtler Mastercarve Tools or are no longer carving and want to sell your tools, I would be more than happy to take them off of your hands.

Please contact me: Wolf Dancer: AQ #70878 or via email at joyk818@gmail.com

We can dicker on a price and I can take them off of your hands!

Yours on the trail,

Wolf Dancer
Re: When are box rankings assessed?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #946345 by west dover quidditch team
Jun 1, 2017 11:18am
Thread Board
I'm curious to see where my newer boxes (3 months old, a dozen finders) stack up, but as yet they are not listed.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember. I think they become eligible for ranking after three or four months, though. It changes occasionally, though. But keep in mind that the rankings are only run once per month so if your box missing the ranking period by one day, it basically has to wait almost an entire extra month to get included again.

-- Ryan