can you give a link to this box?

Here it is in its unedited glory!

http://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=63991
Re: The Survivor winner is...
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #926589 by thndrkttn
May 19, 2016 6:49am
Thread Board
I had Aubry in a survivor pool and out of the three I think she should have won - I thought I had ti in the bag! I don't agree with who won at all - what did she even do to deserve the win?! Riding coat tails now takes you to the million? Stuuuuuuupid!
Re: Needle Felting
Board: Knitters and the Fiber Arts
Reply to: #926590 by Penfeather
May 19, 2016 6:53am
Thread Board
I didn't know about the silicone rubber shields. My set of tools includes leather ones.
Reply to: #926593 by Turtlegirl 19
May 19, 2016 6:54am
Thread Board
I agree - Aubry should have won, and I'm completely shocked that she didn't. It wouldn't have helped me in the pool though.

TG
Reply to: #926590 by Penfeather
May 19, 2016 7:00am
Thread Board
How do you know which size and style of needle to use?
Re: Opinion: Old & Unpopular Box
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #926592 by RideTheMoose
May 19, 2016 7:00am
Thread Board
You have lots of cool clue sets! On this one, the planter could legitimately log it as a find after the right cocktail ;)

Keep the Owl in play!
Reply to: #926596 by SpyCat
May 19, 2016 7:18am
Thread Board
Err... I guess and hope for the best?

I believe the coarser needle is what you start with. The finer needles are used later in the process when you are trying to get more precise and detailed. I think. Also, I've found that once the blob of wool is getting kind of tight and dense, the finer needles are easier to use. On one website I saw all kinds of needles in different shapes, and I have no idea what they're all used for, but I think that some of it is just personal preference.
Reply to: #926594 by SpyCat
May 19, 2016 7:20am
Thread Board
I've seen the leather ones too. I think they would breathe better, but the silicone ones look like they fit better, which makes me think they'd be less likely to shift around and irritate me. I haven't actually tried either one yet, I just keep thinking I need some, because those stabby little needles hurt!
Re: Carving: Then and now swap
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #926591 by dancingpecan
May 19, 2016 7:22am
Thread Board
I think that sounds fun :)
May 19, 2016 7:27am
Thread Board
Sounds fun! I wouldn't be able to join unless it was in/after August, though.
Reply to: #926597 by dingus dufus
May 19, 2016 8:13am
Thread Board
On this one, the planter could legitimately log it as a find after the right cocktail ;) Keep the Owl in play!

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
Reply to: #926601 by StampingIsMyForte
May 19, 2016 8:16am
Thread Board
I was thinking August or September. A lot of people get pretty busy during June and July.
Reply to: #925829 by Trekkie Gal
May 19, 2016 8:44am
Thread Board
I agree on the Aubrey front 100% and I too was shocked. There was a lot of "You've got to be kidding me" going on in our living room. I'm going to have to watch tribal again as we were late watching and this was at 11:00pm. My brain shuts down around 10:00 so I am not sure what I didn't pick up on.
May 19, 2016 10:21am
Thread Board
I have seen some of those cards, and they are really fun. But all my early ones have been planted or donated, sorry. Except the sig stamp.
flattery gets you everywhere
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
May 19, 2016 10:26am
Thread Board
Last week, I filled out an anonymous employee survey and one question was "what kind of recognition to you like for a job well done?"

One of the boxes I checked was

"Personal thanks from supervisor"

So the lab director comes by today and says, "someone told me you are very helpful, so thank you!"

5 minutes later, I hear her and the manager discussing how we had 2 people call in sick and no one signed up for the spots...

5 minutes after that I signed up for one of the spots (on this Sunday morning after a computer downtime)

Was I just played, or what???!?!?!
May 19, 2016 11:10am
Thread Board
I'd love to. Sign me up! :)
Re: What kind of a letterboxer are you?
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #926370 by Angel Winks
May 19, 2016 11:48am
Thread Board
A finder. I like planting, and enjoy putting on events, but ultimately I love finding stuff and all the cool places it takes me.
Reply to: #926595 by Trekkie Gal
May 19, 2016 11:57am
Thread Board
I was expecting Aubry to win too, even thinking she might get every vote, until the jury members started asking questions. By the time they were done, I was surprised to find myself thinking Michelle had it. I do think she did really well the in the last challenges and was pleased to see her making some insightful comments, like when she told Tai he may have given Aubry the million dollars by keeping her.

I guess we see things differently as an audience than the jury members, who often seem to vote with their emotions and don't always see what we see. Although I thought Aubry deserved to win, I didn't dislike Michelle. It was an interesting season with quite a few change-ups.
Reply to: #926589 by thndrkttn
May 19, 2016 12:23pm
Thread Board
Mark played a better game than the actual winner. A chicken surviving the whole game and being set free is no joke.
Reply to: #926609 by Eiryn
May 19, 2016 12:33pm
Thread Board
I wish Jeff had asked the jury if they would have changed their votes after seeing all of the episodes. He does that sometimes.

TG
Re: International Plant a Letterbox (PAL) Day.
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #926511 by Wronghat
May 19, 2016 12:42pm
Thread Board
I see that our friend Eevil has signed up. Brace yourselves!
Re: The Detectorist~Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Reply to: #926530 by Front Range Hiker
May 19, 2016 12:44pm
Thread Board
And the theme song fits letterboxing so perfectly :-)

OMG! Yes, it does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58Gm18-IMY
Reply to: #926609 by Eiryn
May 19, 2016 1:47pm
Thread Board
I guess we see things differently as an audience than the jury members

I don't why I seem to forget this.

I went to the finale of the Amazon season back in 2003 and also ended up at the afterparty. We asked a ton of questions of all the Survivors and it all comes down to editing. Tribals are waaaaaay longer than what CBS decides to show us. I had asked Deena (the attorney) why she didn't completely go off the rails at the final tribal and she said she did--they just didn't show it.

Roger, from Season 2 Australia, said the hardest thing for him was sleeping once he got home. He said it took him almost two months to get back to normal.

It was a really interesting evening. I even met Mark Burnett. Boston Rob fed me a chocolate covered strawberry. *sigh* :)

I was very meh about this season and was truly disappointed that Michele won. I would have gone to bed at a decent hour had I know this.

Oh and Eiryn, you are very good friends with my twin cousins. :)
Re: Happy AQversary
Board: State: Utah
Reply to: #926535 by The Gingerbread Man
May 19, 2016 2:27pm
Thread Board
Thanks for the plants along our routes! Just leaving Spry Cemetery near Panguitch!
Pat
Re: What kind of a letterboxer are you?
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #926608 by 4EyesMcGee
May 19, 2016 2:34pm
Thread Board
enjoy putting on events

That is something I hope to do someday. When? No clue.

ultimately I love finding stuff and all the cool places it takes me

This!
PAL Day widget
May 19, 2016 4:31pm
Thread Board
Those of you who are participating in the 10th Anniversary Celebration of International Plant a Letterbox Day (PAL) might want to add the PAL widget to your home page to keep track of the festivities. To do so, go to your my page, look up in the upper right hand corner for the add widget button, hit that and select PAL day widget. It's most interesting on May 24.
Re: PAL Day widget
Reply to: #926619 by Wronghat
May 19, 2016 4:41pm
Thread Board
Done! Very cool I had no idea what widgets were. Thanks.
Re: flattery gets you everywhere
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #926606 by FloridaFour
May 19, 2016 4:45pm
Thread Board
No. That's how recognition works. When your employer goes that extra step to appreciate an employee, naturally employees become more giving and loyalty increases. both benefit. Now the boss has a lot more to thank you for. Keep up the great work!
Re: Lake Bray Beaver
Board: Region: Northeast
Reply to: #926588 by nosox
May 19, 2016 4:53pm
Thread Board
It is a pretty area. Flood was fun including the snakes! Wear flip flops!
Reply to: #926433 by RideTheMoose
May 19, 2016 4:54pm
Thread Board
Keep it. Improve clues and appeal. Plant another one or two or three in the general area to attract for multiple finds. What would you want as a LBs?