About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Missing find?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Apr 10, 2015 8:34pm
Thread Board
Last year while in Poulsbo, WA I found the two viking stamps. My comment on the find is on the list but the find is not in my logbook nor on the list of finds in the box description. I am pretty sure they used to be in my online logbook.....any ideas? Box #50540 I do have the stamps in my book....so it's just logistics.
Thanks,
Inkwell
Re: 24 words in Bingo
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #894085 by twofreetimers
Apr 10, 2015 8:40pm
Thread Board
*Nods humbly* Yes it is me.
Re: Quick question
Board: State: Colorado
Reply to: #893839 by Seattle Bound
Apr 10, 2015 8:52pm
Thread Board
I just finished carving 6 new stamps last week, and have a pile of postals I want to plant as traditionals. Now I just need to find a place to plant them and the time to come up with the clues!
Re: Missing find?
Reply to: #894585 by Inkwell
Apr 10, 2015 9:01pm
Thread Board
Just log them again.
Reply to: #894585 by Inkwell
Apr 10, 2015 9:09pm
Thread Board
My comment on the find is on the list but the find is not in my logbook nor on the list of finds in the box description.

That happened to me last week. We found a series of 4 but after I logged our finds they didn't show up in the logbook. I realized that when I left a comment I forgot to check Found on the radio buttons. On an individual box the default is Found but on a series the default is NA.
Letterbox ??? found by missing boy searchers???
Apr 10, 2015 9:10pm
Thread Board
I meant to write as soon as I saw that news story last week about a group of moms that joined together to search for Barway Collins, the missing young boy, along the upper Mississippi River in a park. I have never been there to Letterbox, but have a feeling a box or two might be there. Anyway, on WCCO last week they did the story on their search and said one thing they discovered was a camouflaged box. "The police have yet to reveal what they found in the box." was about all they said. They showed the box in the grass and I laughed as it appeared to be a letterbox. Looked about 4x6 or maybe a bit larger. It appeared to have a greying camo tape cover. Just an FYI if you know if that might have been a box any of you planted or found. Never heard anymore about it. Thanks for listening. Buncoqueen
Re: I won't survive!!
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #894568 by Oberon_Kenobi
Apr 10, 2015 9:47pm
Thread Board
Again, it was in the 60's--at least I still remember the three, the order, well 2 out of 3 aint bad.
Reply to: #894591 by Scooters Mom
Apr 10, 2015 10:02pm
Thread Board
I've done that several times.
Re: Nearmap.com
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #894478 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 10, 2015 10:22pm
Thread Board
$4,999

That's not a typo?!
New craft table
Board: Yakking It Up
Apr 10, 2015 10:40pm
Thread Board
So excited. Trying to get things all organized and spruced up while I'm still alone at home (exc. for daughter who's almost invisible) and found a 40% off craft table at Hobby Lobby today. Looks so much better in my little room than the big card table. Now to reorganize the room. Think I'm going to go back and get one of the cabinets with drawers. Found a place for it. Spent most of the day planting tulips in the front yard and spreading 8 bags of pond pebbles in my front ditch with a 2-hour hi-jacking to my mother's house to do her checkbook. She's not supposed to know I'm off on Fridays so I can have one day to myself and she won't worry about that fact that my paycheck went down again, but she always seems to find me. I am really going to hurt tomorrow. It's already setting in. But it was such a beautiful day--it was nice to be outside for a change.
Re: Looking for some help
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #894545 by Cherokee Rose
Apr 10, 2015 11:08pm
Thread Board
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say.................Maine.

http://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.html?msgId=894544
Reply to: #894544 by IrishInks
Apr 10, 2015 11:24pm
Thread Board
Unfortunately and after 285,000 miles (I'm proud of that beast), I lost my truck almost 2 years ago. But I might be able to help with some of the grunt work. The only down side is that you'll have to put up with me. But, I promise not to make any more fun of your parade costumes/profession. ;)
Re: FRIDAY DISTRACTION - 4/10/15
Reply to: #894523 by Jiffy
Apr 11, 2015 1:24am
Thread Board
US, Canada, Scotland, Germany, Czech Republic
Re: I won't survive!!
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #894575 by FloridaFour
Apr 11, 2015 1:44am
Thread Board
Has anyone ever planted some flowers or plants of any sort at their letterbox site???!!!

No, but I'm workin' on it! Actually, tentatively planning on going with plastic flowers for this plant, but real flowers might be an option.
Re: FRIDAY DISTRACTION - 4/10/15
Reply to: #894579 by Oberon_Kenobi
Apr 11, 2015 1:56am
Thread Board
It doesn't count as another country until Ryan lists it at such.

How about Wassa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moosylvania

Seriously, this is one of the funniest stories ever, right up to the point where the Cuban Missile Crisis threw a monkey wrench into the plans of our intrepid heroes.
This Day in History: Apollo 13
Apr 11, 2015 2:03am
Thread Board
Apollo 13 goes down in my book as the second most amazing survival story in history. #1 goes to Ernest Shackleton and the crew of the Endurance.
Re: This Day in History: Apollo 13
Reply to: #894606 by Kirbert
Apr 11, 2015 4:43am
Thread Board
I agree with you about the Shackleton expedition being the ultimate survival story. It's amazing that they all survived...well, until they returned to England and entered the war.
Re: Letterbox ??? found by missing boy searchers???
Reply to: #894592 by BuncoQueen
Apr 11, 2015 5:23am
Thread Board
Here is a link to the video.

WCCO News Report
Lumpy
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Apr 11, 2015 5:31am
Thread Board
The new Attribute of "Lumpy" cards, cracks me up. But how many times have you received a card that dented up other cards in the package because something was poking out? And I admit I may be one of the occasional culprits.
Re: New craft table
Reply to: #894597 by Topcollector
Apr 11, 2015 5:38am
Thread Board
Sounds like a very productive day, pain or no pain :).
Re: Letterbox ??? found by missing boy searchers???
Reply to: #894608 by Lundy and Vickster
Apr 11, 2015 6:15am
Thread Board
The video of the missing isn't funny, but the part about the mysterious box is. The reporters seem to really latch on to that one.
New Box List
Apr 11, 2015 7:30am
Thread Board
My new release isn't showing up under the 'newest letterboxes' list on my page. Is it lost?
Re: Lumpy
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #894609 by FloridaFour
Apr 11, 2015 7:38am
Thread Board
call me stupid!

What are you talking about?

I went to find this icon, but..... nope

I might have to make a lumpy card and list it, just to see what you are talking about.

Ok - I saw it, but didnt get it. Looks like a stamp. What am I missing.
Need an idea for a potluck meal
Board: Food For Thought
Apr 11, 2015 8:10am
Thread Board
I have 5 pounds of ground beef. I need to take a meal to a potluck tomorrow. Ideas Please.

I make terrible meat loaf. Seriously! meat loaf and fried chicken are not on my list.

Any ideas out there. I have thought of shepherds pie, but I always use lamb (mutton) for that.
Re: Need an idea for a potluck meal
Reply to: #894618 by S and D
Apr 11, 2015 8:21am
Thread Board
Macaroni Goulash. Ground beef, onion, spaghetti sauce, and macaroni. Pow! done! Easy peasy!
Reply to: #894621 by Don't Panic
Apr 11, 2015 8:27am
Thread Board
I thought about that. Does it seem like a copout?

I am known for cooking, just done have lots of money to throw into this project.

I have not made Goulash in a long time.
Reply to: #894590 by Kelsung
Apr 11, 2015 9:15am
Thread Board
Ok thanks!
Reply to: #894623 by S and D
Apr 11, 2015 9:44am
Thread Board
Meatballs?
Reply to: #894627 by LROSEM
Apr 11, 2015 9:46am
Thread Board
both are good ideas.

Maybe I will do porcupines with mac noodles and sauce. It has been a long time.
Reply to: #894602 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Apr 11, 2015 10:02am
Thread Board
Not having a truck shouldn't be a problem. I plan on getting a UHaul for this move. I need grunts that can and will work ;)

Hmmm, having to put up with you? I think I can manage that. You promising to not make fun of something?! That, I'm not so sure of. How many fingers do you have crossed behind your back??

IrishInks