A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: A few questions
Board: Rules and Variants
Reply to: #877251 by Aiphid
Nov 18, 2014 2:18pm
Thread Board
actually that card is in the original 2013 version of the game. you weren't going to put it in the 2014 version. but I really love that card!! so I might have begged a little... The quote on the bottom of the card is just freaking awesome! and I love the carving!
Re: adirondack ink issues
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #876185 by crosscresent
Nov 18, 2014 2:21pm
Thread Board
I feel your pain. I opened a brand new Adirondack black ink pad for Bed and Boxing four weeks ago and I might as well have used my old ink pad. It barely had any ink in it.

I guess it wasn't a fluke with my ink pad. I guess I'm back to the drawing board in finding a good black pigment ink pad..... Sigh.

BB
Re: I took the challenge too.
Board: LTC Collective
Reply to: #877232 by Topcollector
Nov 18, 2014 2:23pm
Thread Board
I used to really like parchment transfer. I always had wet transfers too, but I really loved how the transfer came off so completely. Part of the reason I like carving so much is because I love how the stamp is a piece of art too. I almost love to look at the actual stamps more than LTCs. They are SO pretty when you finish carving and rinse the stamp and you have a beautiful piece of carved rubber with no ink on it.

My only two blue diamond boxes are stamps carved with a parchment transfer. I use pencil transfer now and I love it, but I can't seem to get any bling for the boxes with those carves. Trying the hairspray sounds like a good idea.

I can't wait to see your card. :)
Re: Schyler
Board: Prayer and Healing
Reply to: #877252 by S and D
Nov 18, 2014 2:25pm
Thread Board
Prayers lifted up for all of you
Re: Wassa Quest Flash
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #877031 by FORAYCH
Nov 18, 2014 2:31pm
Thread Board
Whoa, I saw it too!

Aaahhhhhhh!!! :-( Advertising for Wassa Eye Bleach???
So much snow...
Board: Yakking It Up
Nov 18, 2014 2:43pm
Thread Board
Everybody watching the Weather Channel? Yeah, that "Hamburg, NY" that there reporting from? That's about 2 blocks from my house. It's has been white out conditions for over 24 hours. Right now, it's up to my 10 year olds waist, and they're calling for another 2' between now and Friday.

So, I'm off tomorrow. Who wants to go boxing? :)
Re: Brrr
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #877211 by Flowerchild14
Nov 18, 2014 2:45pm
Thread Board
We did a 2-hr delay & most of our classes were full?? 2 of the outer centers closed with their school districts due to Head Start regulations.
Reply to: #877265 by The Wolf Family
Nov 18, 2014 2:57pm
Thread Board
No, you have the card because I gave it to you. It wasn't an official card.
Re: Quick "inchie" (sort of) swap!
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #877264 by Hosmer's
Nov 18, 2014 3:07pm
Thread Board
MFF had some pretty cool micro stamps at the last event that would make nice little teeny tiny holiday cards :)
Reply to: #877227 by Topcollector
Nov 18, 2014 3:08pm
Thread Board
Here's the picture. The back layer is dark purple suede.

http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.html?gPhotoId=131009
Re: Prayers for comfort
Reply to: #877115 by TheKindlyVikings
Nov 18, 2014 3:10pm
Thread Board
prayers. always.

~tigs
Mystery Postal #205 is closed and solution.
Board: Postals
Nov 18, 2014 3:11pm
Thread Board
The correct answer is Coca-Cola Puzzle. The logbook for this stamp is back of the actual puzzle which is what makes it so heavy. It may take longer to work the puzzle than it took to solve the clues.

Listed below are the clues and how they fit. Anyone still up for more???? Easier perhaps??? Feedback is always appreciated.

1. 1,000 piece puzzle
2. Red is the main color of logo
3. Georgia. Location of invention and corporate headquarters.
4. Wine? Originally marketed as Cocoa Wine.
5. Jigsaw It is a jigsaw puzzle
6. Effervescent - Fancy word for carbonation (fizzy)
7. NASCAR - Long time sponsor and official "sparkling beverage" of NASCAR. Driver numbers (10, 11, 14, 16, 22, 31) are the current "Coca-Cola family" of drivers.
8. Colonel John. John Pemberton was inventor
9. Capital letters to start the words The Real Thing and individual letters to spell Atlanta. Slogan and corporate headquarters.
BONUS CLUE. And for laughs the closing reminder you might have picked up on the oft used refrain when two people say the same thing "Pinch, poke, you owe me a coke"

Mwahaha!
Reply to: #877275 by Topcollector
Nov 18, 2014 3:11pm
Thread Board
so cute!
Nov 18, 2014 3:13pm
Thread Board
prayers for everyone involved.

~tigs
Nov 18, 2014 3:23pm
Thread Board
I love it!

So.... are you making enough to do a trade?
Reply to: #877272 by Aiphid
Nov 18, 2014 3:26pm
Thread Board
Umm... you are the creator of the game. You put it in the 2013 deck that I have and you have. It doesn't get any more official than the creator putting it in the deck!!! It IS official!! It IS!!!

And NOW it's in the 2014 deck making it double official!! HA!! :D

I really like that card.
Re: So much snow...
Reply to: #877270 by LuLaHe
Nov 18, 2014 3:27pm
Thread Board
snow friendly boxes only?

Send it east. We haven't had any snow near Binghamton either.
Reply to: #877283 by LROSEM
Nov 18, 2014 3:29pm
Thread Board
Don't need it.
Nov 18, 2014 3:33pm
Thread Board
Her grandpa brought her over with some of her belongings. She can't stay with her grandparents because so many of her cousins are staying there and there would be no peace or place for her.
Re: Quick "inchie" (sort of) swap!
Reply to: #877274 by Aiphid
Nov 18, 2014 3:34pm
Thread Board
I was sitting around, avoiding being productive, and I made a 3/8th inch unicorn sillouette, a 5/8th" rainbow, and a little less than an inch head. Lol. I guess I'm joining the swap. I'm curious. How small is micro in the case of those stamps?
Reply to: #877284 by RiverKat
Nov 18, 2014 3:37pm
Thread Board
I love snow. I am walking distance to everything in Endwell and my kids love it. You are right though, we don't need it.

I just turned on the Weather channel. I went to school in Fredonia in 1997-1998. Watching this makes me glad that it was an almost snowless year on lake Erie. :) They got more snow in Binghamton that year.
Nov 18, 2014 3:39pm
Thread Board
Oooh! It's great! I love that you added suede!
Re: new sig stamp
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #876232 by SuperDognFamily
Nov 18, 2014 3:40pm
Thread Board
well done!
Reply to: #877288 by LROSEM
Nov 18, 2014 3:43pm
Thread Board
Thanks. Actually, I'm going to have a lot of these. But not all will have suede unless I decide to go buy some more. I have lots of purple cardstock laying around.
Re: In want of a new signature stamp
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #876364 by photopam
Nov 18, 2014 3:50pm
Thread Board
How many times do you change signatures stamps?

i've changed mine 3 times in 4 years. granted, one of those was because i lost the original one. However, i think it's important to have your sig stamp reflect yourself and your carving ability. that improves over time.

i like the idea of your name, connected with the P, down two sides of the stamp. Perhaps with an eyeball looking through a lens in the middle? i'm not quite sure how that would work.

~tigs (who will keep thinking)
Re: Stolen letterboxing bag
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #877237 by kilroy
Nov 18, 2014 3:54pm
Thread Board
Thanks to all who have offered to help. It's come to my attention that there are differences between how finds are numbered in my logbook vs. how you see them when you search. Because of this, could you please reference the name of the box? I'm looking for images from boxes I have found with finds dated 9/5/12 - present. Thanks so much, and I'm so sorry for this added wrinkle.
frankie mouse
Re: Mystery Postal #205 is closed and solution.
Board: Postals
Reply to: #877277 by IrishRef
Nov 18, 2014 4:10pm
Thread Board
The child is ready for the next one.........
Re: when to post clues
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #877263 by Ralph Spoilsport
Nov 18, 2014 4:13pm
Thread Board
Always good to take a realistic/practical perspective when you're dealing with these sorts of things, especially in the case of a puzzle event. Something else to consider: when you're forcing people to pay attention to every teensy detail to solve puzzles, sometimes you can even trick them into thinking that *everything* is a puzzle, and then they start paying better attention to all your non-puzzle details. ;-)
Box suggestions - drive bys & indoors
Board: State: New Jersey
Nov 18, 2014 4:22pm
Board
Hello All,
We are going to be visiting family and friends between Woolrich and Newark, probably driving on the 295, the 95… (up and down, NJ & PA, so to speak). Boxing time is very limited, since this is a 'visiting people' trip, but we would like to get a few boxes in if possible. The only boxing things we are taking is our log book, sig stamps, & a few ink colors. We hope to return in the Spring or Summer and actually hit some trails, but for now, I'll just be glad if we don't freeze!

So far, I have found one box (Kenya's Calling, in Princeton) which seems like it would fit the bill.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

~J (with no 'cold weather' clothing/shoes to my name, yet)
Schyler
Nov 18, 2014 4:22pm
Thread Board
So I just had a teen girl move in who is ill and life is rough at home. Don't know how long she will be here, however, she is a bit depressed and the situation is really hard on her. If you would like to send her a bit of love I'd appreciate it. Last year I bought her 2 frames that hold ATCs - she got sick and never made any to put in it. If you would like to send her a LTC that would be great. She has 2 frames each hold 40 one is perpendicular and the other is horizontal.

Just send to my address but write c/o Schyler on it . Also please make any note very generic - like feel better soon.

This is my prior post
http://www.atlasquest.com/boards/messages.html?gStartId=877252;gThreadId=126745