About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

A few questions
Board: Rules and Variants
Nov 17, 2014 8:38pm
Thread Board
We played the game last night and had a really fun evening, but we had a few questions:

The rules state "Play cards from your hand, one at a time, and fully resolve the effects of each card as they are played." While this probably irrelevant for most of the ink or miles cards, for some cards like the Bonus Box and Maintenance cards that have ink/miles and then "draw a card", do you have to "spend" the ink/miles before you draw the card, or can you draw the card and add the ink/miles on the new card to your total? (We played the second way.)

The Aiphid player card says "Tap this card to block an attack. Untap at the end of your next turn." This isn't really explained anywhere.

Does the "You go first" on the Power Boxer card mean you get to start the game, independent of whomever found the most recent box?

For the Paparazzi Boxer special ability you get to reveal a random card from an opponent's hand and play it. Does this mean you play it as if it were your own, and at the end of your turn does it go into your discard pile, or your opponent's discard pile?

I'm sure we could decide on our own, but a little clarification would help.

Thanks,
TheKindlyVikings
Making your own LTC's paper
Board: LTC Collective
Nov 17, 2014 8:45pm
Thread Board
I can't find the recent thread, but it included photos of the process of making your own paper with a cheetos bag, water, and inks.....I was wondering if that would work on photo paper too? I think Florida Four said something about using watercolor paper for best results, but I want the glossy effect that I can get from photo paper.
Re: Michaels had something new (I'd never seen at my store)
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #877181 by RIclimber
Nov 17, 2014 8:48pm
Thread Board
THAT is awesome....I'm going to look at mine next time I go! Thanks for posting!
Re: Making your own LTC's paper
Reply to: #877183 by Gypsy Fiddler
Nov 17, 2014 8:49pm
Thread Board
It works very well on glossy paper. That was originally what the products were made for. It's a personal choice what to use. :) the tutorial can be found on s and d's blog. :)
Re: Brrr
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #877124 by barbcat
Nov 17, 2014 8:53pm
Thread Board
But hang in there - weatherman says it'll be in the 50's over the weekend!! :D
Reply to: #877185 by Seattle Bound
Nov 17, 2014 8:57pm
Thread Board
Thanks! BTW, Alligator has snail mail on the way..... :-D
Re: Stolen letterboxing bag
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #877180 by frankie and benjy
Nov 17, 2014 9:54pm
Thread Board
Too late to help right now, but for the future . . .
When I first started LB'ing, I had a fear of losing my logbook, and with it, the wonderful collection of images representing all my adventures. So I began the practice of always stamping my finds twice - first on my clue sheet (bonus: it's a practice shot to make sure I know how it will stamp, which way is up, etc.). The second goes in my logbook. When I get home, the clue sheet has the stamp, all the info for logging the find, whatever notes I wanted to make, and goes in a three-ring binder. If I ever lose my logbook down a slippery slope into the rushing waters below, or some lowlife steals it from my car, the most I will lose is whatever I stamped that day. Everything else is in the binders at home.
Paris Mountain 2015
Board: State: South Carolina
Nov 18, 2014 2:28am
Thread Board
The event for October 17, 2015 has been posted. We waited till now to be sure the shelter was reserved. Plans for a fun event are already coming together. If you have an idea please contact an administrator. The theme is "Rescue". Stamps will be welcome.
Re: A few questions
Reply to: #877182 by TheKindlyVikings
Nov 18, 2014 2:43am
Thread Board
Great questions! I'll have to start saving up some like these for a FAQ :)

do you have to "spend" the ink/miles before you draw the card, or can you draw the card and add the ink/miles on the new card to your total?

You can interleave buying and playing, including saving all of the ink/miles until the end when you can't play any more so that you can buy more expensive cards.

"Tap this card to block an attack. Untap at the end of your next turn." This isn't really explained anywhere.

"tap" just means to turn it sidewards so that you know that you've used it. You can't use it while it's tapped, so it limits how often you can cheat.

For the Paparazzi Boxer special ability you get to reveal a random card from an opponent's hand and play it. Does this mean you play it as if it were your own, and at the end of your turn does it go into your discard pile, or your opponent's discard pile?

When a card is revealed, it does not leave where it is (deck, hand, etc.). You just get to see it and play it as though you had a copy (a photograph) during that turn.
Re: RIP Mrs Wolowitz : Big Bang Theory
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #876953 by shiloh
Nov 18, 2014 4:03am
Thread Board
Since we never saw Mrs. Wolowitz, it would be easy enough to get a substitute voice actor. I wonder whether they'll do that or just have her move to Florida or something. I doubt they'll kill her off - that's too upsetting.
Nov 18, 2014 4:16am
Thread Board
Sorting from newest finds first, I have
41,63,64,65,66,73,77,and 79. Give me a few days to find them looks like several log books.
Reply to: #877183 by Gypsy Fiddler
Nov 18, 2014 4:38am
Thread Board
It was on my blog. It works with all kinds of papers, but depending on what inks you are using some work better.

My intention was to show how cheapo markers that are washable work in very cool ways too, but I was just too tired. So I might be doing another trick tonight. So for all of us who have limited supplies. We can make it work.

Ps- I will demonstrate glue, water, and glitter stuff this week too. Please be patient. (Not talking to music pals just in general)
Re: box name not showing properly.
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #877146 by crosscresent
Nov 18, 2014 4:40am
Thread Board
I don't see this box in you logbook at all.
Nov 18, 2014 4:51am
Thread Board
I have 17, 50, and 55. Let me know how to share with you.
Peace
CTEE
Crosscresent AQversary
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Nov 18, 2014 4:54am
Thread Board
Happy cake day!
Reply to: #877198 by CTEagleEye
Nov 18, 2014 4:56am
Thread Board
Just noticed your new signature stamp. Awesome! I especially like the way you worked the letter into the eye! So now I have to get the NEW one, too!
Re: A few questions
Reply to: #877182 by TheKindlyVikings
Nov 18, 2014 5:27am
Thread Board
I chuckled when I saw the “tap“ was not explained. Apparently, he thought everyone has played Magic the Gathering. *giggle*
You can tell who the geeks are....
Reply to: #877195 by S and D
Nov 18, 2014 5:32am
Thread Board
Do you think this method would work with alcohol inks for glossy paper? Maybe not since they are alcohol based and the water would not mix?
Re: Paris Mountain 2015
Reply to: #877189 by figureeight
Nov 18, 2014 5:34am
Thread Board
YAY!! Can't wait! Thanks Dave, I look forward to helping with this event since it's just a touch later in the year. Going over to sign up right now!
Re: Crosscresent AQversary
Reply to: #877199 by CTEagleEye
Nov 18, 2014 5:35am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day! :)
Reply to: #877204 by FloridaFour
Nov 18, 2014 5:37am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day! And many, many more!!!
Reply to: #877202 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Nov 18, 2014 5:39am
Thread Board
The alcohol inks work awesome on glossy paper. Awesome!!!! You need either the blending solution or alcohol to make it blend, otherwise it just goes on dark. But if you want a light dreamy wash, flood woth blending solution and then drop inks, more solution, inks, etc. The blending tool woth the cotton pads with some blending solution and ink on it, makes a mottled effect.

You can also paint with alcohol inks, with a brush. Use an OLD cheap brush, and rinse it with blending solution to clean it.

I have done a few ltcs with AI. Will post after work.
Reply to: #877202 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Nov 18, 2014 5:40am
Thread Board
No, don't mix them with water... mix with Blending solution or alcohol.

Actually, drop water on it and it might make a speckled look, since they repel? Could try it...
Temporary Christmas Box
Nov 18, 2014 5:45am
Board
I have a seasonal Christmas box that will be available again this year. We have SO many awesome boxes in Greenwood that need visitors, including a truly unforgettable Purple Diamond Box planted by A Southern Gentleman that's available indoors no matter how cold it is outside. LOL If you're looking for an easy boxing adventure this holiday season, come down and see us! And if the timing is right I'm always happy to be your Phone A Friend for help when you're in the area. :-)

Ninety-Six Noel
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=61319

Available ONLY from the day after Thanksgiving until January 2nd. Watch the clue, it will change the day I plant it!

GreyCrazy
Re: Thanksgiving Theme
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #876940 by Wronghat
Nov 18, 2014 6:29am
Thread Board
In New Mexico, the Native Americans are likely to invite you to their Thanksgiving dinner.

I remember a Thanksgiving episode on "Northern Exposure". The day before, the Inuit would pelt the whites with tomatoes. When Joel ask why they did it, it was because of all of the ills that white people had brought to them. On Thanksgiving they all celebrated together. Joel asked them and they said, because of all of the good that white people had brought to them.

Is a TV show, but something to think about.
Re: Brrr
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #877133 by R gang
Nov 18, 2014 6:30am
Thread Board
In Champaign County, we only got 2 or 3 inches, but the wind drifting it across the roads is making travel pretty hazardous. My daughter is home from school for the second day now, because of slide-offs on St. Rt. 68.
Reply to: #877207 by FloridaFour
Nov 18, 2014 6:30am
Thread Board
Ah, so to kind of tint the sheet of paper with alcohol inks douse in the blending solution and trickle the inks down the page. I need to get a new bottle of solution to play with this idea! Mine is almost out. :)
Re: Thanksgiving Theme
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #877210 by Oberon_Kenobi
Nov 18, 2014 6:35am
Thread Board
I loved that show. And that episode. My favorite part was when they nailed him and he indignantly explained to them how he was Jewish, so they let him march in their parade with them.
Re: BotW
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #877078 by X Marks The Spot
Nov 18, 2014 6:38am
Thread Board
me, too. and i'm glad i get to visit her every once in a while. . .

~tigs
Reply to: #877199 by CTEagleEye
Nov 18, 2014 6:54am
Thread Board
Thanks ya'll. I have the flu :(
But that's cool :)