A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Finding LTC
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #856033 by S and D
Jul 3, 2014 7:24am
Thread Board
i recently found a box of LTC's and stamps that someone sent me that i received last summer. i thought it was an empty box, sitting on my desk. Nope.

i will get to recording them. they are GORGEOUS!! and right after i got them, i got really sick. oops.

~tigs
Re: Stamps At Airports
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #856035 by Eidolon
Jul 3, 2014 7:27am
Thread Board
I seem to remember that being VERY noisy to get out!!!

what, you've *never* had a sudden coughing fit????

~tigs (you need to read the instructions on How To Be a Sneaky Pete)
Re: Slipstrop
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #856019 by Wood aug
Jul 3, 2014 7:28am
Thread Board
Thank you :)
Re: Stamps At Airports
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #856053 by tiggermama
Jul 3, 2014 7:34am
Thread Board
what, you've *never* had a sudden coughing fit????

~tigs (you need to read the instructions on How To Be a Sneaky Pete)

Had you included such information in THIS clue, I would have happily done so. However, in this case it was a very unexpected noise since I didn't know it was velcro!!!
Eevil plots
Board: Mysterious Capers and Sneaky Stuff
Jul 3, 2014 7:34am
Thread Board
Just out of curiosity, I've noticed that there hasn't been an Eevil plot foiled in a while. If there are still unsolved capers when the countdown runs out, what happens? Will they remain a mystery forever?
Re: N. Myrtle Beach here I come
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #856047 by The Wolf Family
Jul 3, 2014 7:41am
Thread Board
I have it in a message I just keep hitting forward on now

Then forward it one more time!

And I have to agree, one can never have too many minionions.
Eevil Minion Monthly
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Jul 3, 2014 7:49am
Thread Board
Re: Eevil plots
Reply to: #856056 by Southern Oracle
Jul 3, 2014 7:58am
Thread Board
Have faith! We will defeat Eevil!
Reply to: #856056 by Southern Oracle
Jul 3, 2014 8:01am
Thread Board
I think there is a significant contingent that believes many of the clues needed to solve the remaining eevil boxes will be revealed at the Dark Star event.......most of us are holding our breath.
Re: Arthur's Theme
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #856029 by the pink dragon
Jul 3, 2014 8:35am
Thread Board
Erica how is it down there? Raining and wind where hubby is about 20 miles inland from Wilmington.
Reply to: #856002 by LuLaHe
Jul 3, 2014 8:52am
Thread Board
Buffalo does get a lot of snow. My hometown of Flint, MI got record snow levels this year.
Reply to: #856003 by oceanwinds
Jul 3, 2014 8:57am
Thread Board
Do you think they would postpone it for the hurricane? I hope he is okay. Greens, yellows and reds are over the Wilmington area right now according to the radar.
Reply to: #856029 by the pink dragon
Jul 3, 2014 8:57am
Thread Board
Be careful out there.
Reply to: #856064 by koalacat
Jul 3, 2014 9:10am
Thread Board
He was able to get under shelter to work and he's still down there. He'll be home tonight and back again on Saturday. But hey! we get to spend time with the grand baby on Friday!!
Was hoping for a boxing weekend, but that's not to be either since we had to drop from the RW&Y event.
Re: What do all the options for printing multiple clues mean?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #856030 by Scooters Mom
Jul 3, 2014 9:22am
Thread Board
It mentions "Allow split clues?" and "Use columns for clues?". The only print options I see are: "Include Table of Contents?", "One Clue Per Page?", and "Show QR Codes to Record Finds?". I checked letterbox preferences to see if the other two were there but didn't see them. Where can you select these options?

Split clues only worked with the Opera browser for years and years so I set it up to only display that option if AQ detected you were using Opera. (Which is almost nobody!) If you happen to have it installed, though, you can use it and you'll see that option.

Be that as it may, I've looked into how well browsers support that CSS now and it appears that all major browsers now support it, so I've updated the code on my development machine that all people will now see it. Just as soon as the changes are uploaded, you'll all see it too.

I'm updating the "print all clues" page--more or less rewriting the whole thing with more options, making it smartphone friendly (though honestly, I'm not sure why someone with a smartphone would be using that page), adding F-summaries, etc. The changes aren't live yet, though--but I've been updating the help pages now because I figured most people wouldn't even notice them and so I wouldn't forget something later. ;o)

So, the "columns for clues" isn't, strictly speaking, an option as of yet but it's one I'm experimenting with. Basically, you're seeing a sneak peak of features that aren't on the live site yet! There's a help button on the new page that links to the help pages which is why I added the question to the help pages--I needed to know the URL to link to! =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #856013 by Sheba
Jul 3, 2014 9:23am
Thread Board
Nonsense, everybody needs minions. :)

Don't give Wassa any minions! Imagine the terror he's unleash with an army of minions!

-- Ryan
bonus LTC?
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Jul 3, 2014 9:30am
Thread Board
You know how you can add a bonus box to a traditional box and the bonus box can stay hidden until you find it? Honestly I can't remember exactly how to do this. But I think I've found one before. I am wondering if there is a way to do this with a letterbox trading card? I have a traditional box with a riddle at the bottom of the clue. If you find the boxes, you can then guess the riddle, then, if you wish, I will send you a postcard with a stamp regarding the the riddle. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to list the letterbox trading card as hidden until the person can type in the Atlas quest number to log it.
Reply to: #856067 by Green Tortuga
Jul 3, 2014 9:31am
Thread Board
The column thing will be WONDERFUL for smartphone users... even with a rotated screen, a person needs to move back and forth sideways to see the full clues.

Wendy
who appreciates GT's
consideration for other
electronic uses!
Reply to: #856043 by DeeCee
Jul 3, 2014 9:45am
Thread Board
I don't want to select one clue per page because most clues are short enough that I can get two or three to a page. What I don't want is to have the third clue start on one page and end on the next. The way I get around that now is to only select the first two clues, print them, and then print the next set, again checking print preview to see if they all fit on one page.

If you don't allow split clues, we'll start the clue on a new page if it won't completely fit on the current page.

I just read Ryan's reply about the options only being available on the Opera browser right now and am looking forward to the update:
I'm updating the "print all clues" page--more or less rewriting the whole thing with more options
Reply to: #856066 by oceanwinds
Jul 3, 2014 9:45am
Thread Board
I know you are disappointed, but I'll be spending time with grandkids too and it will be worth it. Blessings.
Re: Droid
Board: Venting Board
Reply to: #855963 by Dizzy
Jul 3, 2014 9:59am
Thread Board
this is a good thing!! you can carve a stamp of a phone on fire and hide it.. and it would be a fantastic story for a new box!... call it.. the Metallic Burning pile of Photos! ... or something like that!
Reply to: #856068 by Green Tortuga
Jul 3, 2014 10:00am
Thread Board
Don't give Wassa any minions!

Wassa, what is up with you and I having all these haters?? we should be able to have as many minions as we want! where's the love?
Another AQ-versary
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Jul 3, 2014 10:01am
Board
Happy AQ-versary, Woman To Blame!

You can blame us for the cake and confetti. :-)
Re: Splish Splash Hitch Hiker Claimed
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #855916 by DM Scuba Brat
Jul 3, 2014 10:03am
Thread Board
Noooo bring it to st. louis!!! we have gooey butter cake! :)
Re: bonus LTC?
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #856083 by Raven
Jul 3, 2014 10:10am
Thread Board
no no no. Of course I would not list it as a bonus box because it's not a box. It's just a little extra something. Its just for fun. And it's totally up to the finder. A lot of us letterbox trading card people have no problem sharing our addresses. We trust each other. So I totally understand that. It was just a thought Mr Fox, just a thought. I can always just list it as a letterbox trading card. I was wondering about the hiding it part because I want the title of it to be the answer to the riddle. It can be something else. No worries. :)
Reply to: #856050 by tiggermama
Jul 3, 2014 10:15am
Thread Board
HUSH, Pinky!!
Re: Happy AQversary to a Crafty boxer!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #856085 by Raven
Jul 3, 2014 10:19am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day! It's hard to believe that you've only been doing this for three years.
Reply to: #856061 by Public Hand
Jul 3, 2014 10:22am
Thread Board
most of us are holding our breath.

Such a senseless waste of life.

}:{>
Reply to: #856025 by tiggermama
Jul 3, 2014 10:40am
Thread Board
Um, I seem to recall something about "Cinions", and since the word was always used in the plural....

Sorry. Busted pal. ;)
Re: Packing for a trip...
Reply to: #855683 by Angel and Demon
Jul 3, 2014 10:57am
Thread Board
My husband laughed at me when I packed my entire wedding ensemble, and my matron of honor's dress (as well as my logbook and sig stamp.... markers and ink went in the suitcase), in my carry on. I told him that I was NOT losing my wedding dress in the dark abyss of lost luggage just a few days before my wedding in CA!
BB