A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Surviving Jack
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #844210 by FrogiNater
May 1, 2014 12:31pm
Thread Board
I love the relationship that the parents have and The teenager/high school stuff is fun too. Laugh out loud at several things on different episodes...

-amanda from seattle
Re: LbSE Event notice
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #844215 by BOXDN
May 1, 2014 12:38pm
Thread Board
Wonderful! I've been wanting to meet you!
Re: Ltc Percy Jackson
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #844168 by SeerMeesh
May 1, 2014 12:39pm
Thread Board
where is the link/
Re: Postage question
Reply to: #843674 by LuLaHe
May 1, 2014 12:41pm
Thread Board
That is what we, in the counseling profession, call Criminal Thinking. It may not hurt a lot of people, but it isn't right just the same. I am one to have it every now and then.
Re: POLL: Move PAL Day?
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #844224 by TheMasses
May 1, 2014 12:43pm
Thread Board
I think it is a great idea. (as a former Florida resident...) some other ways to get away from too much competition, but still have goals....some other states have done things like try to have a stamp in every county (Arizona)...or even every town (New Hampshire did that one back in the day.....everyone got together and made stamps for every incorporated town in the state and they planted them all...this was back when Connecticut was the King of the letterboxing world and they were just trying to get the Conn folks to plant more boxes in New Hampshire!! :-) In Washington State, we are trying to do the every town thing right now. We especially want to get more boxes out into the Eastern part of our state. One of the things we talk about is how folks get involved in letterboxing. When they hear about it, the first thing they do is look up their hometown on AQ and when there are NO letterboxes near them. They immediately lose interest. Our goal was to make sure that there is at least one letterbox for folks to find !! Another way folks find the hobby is by finding a letterbox by mistake. So we just want to spread those boxes further a field. We have challenges to have boxes in more parks around the state and not just in the Seattle area.

-Amanda from Seattle (and former Tampa resident :-)
Re: Found compass at Bunker Boxin'
Board: State: Tennessee
Reply to: #844228 by scouttrekkie
May 1, 2014 12:43pm
Thread Board
I checked the 'finds' list, too. I am thinking that someone dropped it on that particular trail, not necessarily getting Ele's box. I could use a new compass, if nobody claims it. I really did lose mine, too.

I hope someone replies.
Re: POLL: Move PAL Day?
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #844177 by frykitty
May 1, 2014 12:46pm
Thread Board
it would be really nice if it didn't interfere with the annual "Love Those. . ." event my sister puts on. It's swiftly becoming our event, since she gets great ideas, then calls me in to plant them and clue write. i like this division of labor. ;-)

Anyway, that event is always the weekend closest to Valentine's Day. Any other weekend, and have at it. thank you.

~tigs
Re: PAL Day statistics state by state?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #844202 by Kirbert
May 1, 2014 12:49pm
Thread Board
"Guidelines for Planting Letterboxes in Florida",

Chain to a tree so it does not get washed away in a flood.
Reply to: #844233 by Sea Maid
May 1, 2014 1:15pm
Thread Board
Awesome sale at Home Depot
Board: Garden Gnomes
May 1, 2014 1:31pm
Thread Board
All Burpee plants from $3.16-$3.68 are on sale 5 for $10 or $1.99 each. I just stocked up and won't be needing to grow anything from seeds this year! I'm gonna try a strawbale method this year for a fabulous little tomato/pepper/herb garden with some other stuff in there too. Wish me luck!
Reply to: #844244 by Raven
May 1, 2014 1:39pm
Thread Board
Thanks. I was having difficulties typing with a troublesome 3year old getting into things.
Re: Salt Fork
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #844086 by R gang
May 1, 2014 1:42pm
Thread Board
LOL actually this weekend is farm and fish weekend with a whole new batch of Muggles :-)
Reply to: #844205 by Colorful Caterpillars
May 1, 2014 1:47pm
Thread Board
I lost a clear compass with a black ring in TN a few months back, but I thought I lost it when I was at a cemetery. I think the name brand was a Suunto or maybe a Silva. I ha a cord attached to it.
Re: New dog breeds
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #844142 by Grrly Girl
May 1, 2014 1:48pm
Thread Board
Okay, just have to add....

Bulldog + Shitzu = Bullsh
Re: New dog breeds
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #844142 by Grrly Girl
May 1, 2014 1:50pm
Thread Board
And if one of your over priced mutts, I mean designer dogs, bites there's always this muzzle.
Re: After seven years
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #843754 by burning feet
May 1, 2014 1:52pm
Thread Board
I do bring extras, but when a series has been noted with problems, check it.... if you have too many boxes and can't be bothered, retire ones that you can't find the time manage them or let them out for adoption. There are a few boxes in our area that have been missing or attempted for years and not updated. At least set them as unavailable and then I won't spend an entire afternoon hiking after a myth. My daughter was sorely disappointed when we went for a day to find boxes and after 4 hikes (some were supposed to have multiples too) we came up with nothing. I get wet, I get muggled or munched by animals. They happen. But I have spent lots of money on other people's box's to "fix" them. Mostly I do it because I believe in this hobby. It's frustrating to say the least.
Reply to: #844249 by SeerMeesh
May 1, 2014 1:54pm
Thread Board
Nap time! Even if it's for you, lol!
Reply to: #844250 by Desparado
May 1, 2014 2:15pm
Thread Board
whole new batch of Muggles

Just wonderful! They better save some brews at the bar for me after I get these boxes planted.

Getting ready for a long day tomorrow. On the road 5am. Hope to be is Salt Fork by 3 PM and planting a few minutes later. That brew afterwards will be well deserved.
Bomb scare....This one in Ohio rest area
May 1, 2014 2:20pm
Thread Board
Hubby sent this (food for thought) to me today, reckon is because I have been mumbling yet again about planting a rest area series on our yearly I-95 FL/CT road trip.

http://fox8.com/2014/04/30/treasure-hunt-prompts-bomb-scare-at-i-90-rest-stop/?hpt=us_bn9

Three Flamigos
Re: Hey Pennsylvanians
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #844194 by Granny Butterfly
May 1, 2014 2:22pm
Thread Board
Weather man just making a mess of trails here. How about yours?

Yes, after two days of wet and mostly miserable, yesterday was VERY wet and mainly miserable. Thank goodness that today is sunny (at times) and slightly breezy, so I am hoping that tomorrow the park will be pretty dry and planting will not be an issue.
Please tell everyone at your event we also send our condolences. If I could have - you know I would have been there in person. I hope you have a great turn out and everyone has a great time remembering what an amazing man Glenn was.
We just do what we do and GOD will take care of the moisture.

Amen!
Reply to: #844237 by Colorful Caterpillars
May 1, 2014 2:40pm
Thread Board
I'm surprised it wasn't yours, CC, because we found it right by the box. It wasn't on the trail. Probably belongs to a geocacher.
Dallas Peeps!! I'll be at DFW May13-16
Board: State: Texas
May 1, 2014 2:45pm
Thread Board
Hey there, I will be in Dallas May 13-16 doing some training at American Airlines Charm School at DFW. I will be busy most of the day, but should be done in the evenings by 5 or 6pm. Would love to do some Meet and Greet or convince someone to take me to a drive-by close to the airport.....I won't know my exact schedule until I get to training (I arrive May 12th) And I know I am staying at the Hyatt Place Grand Prairie But just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested. AQ mail me :-)

-Amanda from Seattle
Re: Stampeaz Vacation Warning!
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #844057 by Webfoot
May 1, 2014 2:46pm
Thread Board
Wish we had morel mushrooms around here. Have to settle for leeks for leek and tater soup. With bacon of course Good luck on your quest. If anybody asks what you're doing while in the woods. Tell them your letterboxing : )
Re: Stampeaz Vacation Warning!
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #844270 by turkey feathers
May 1, 2014 2:51pm
Thread Board
Wish we had morel mushrooms around here. Have to settle for leeks.

Let me get this straight... You went outside and took a leek because you have no morels?
Re: hi
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #844151 by Two Little Ladies
May 1, 2014 2:52pm
Thread Board
Hello! I saw that you two are students.

Have you taken the Common Core Test (on-line)? If so, what are your thoughts - the pros and cons of it, and did you like it better than the scan-tron bubble-in sheets?

I know that this is random, and not even remotely related to letterboxing, but you did say you like to talk to a lot of people <G>

~J (currently torturing students with the Common Core test)
Reply to: #844250 by Desparado
May 1, 2014 3:00pm
Thread Board
There is a park out on Rte 22 before entering Salt Fork called Deerassic Park & they're having a swap meet/spring gathering....not sure how that will affect us either??
Reading about Postal Packages...
May 1, 2014 3:10pm
Thread Board
Oh my Dear Friend Wry Me... I received your postal package in the snail mail and handle the item inside. Still find it amusing, and the thought of what you did with it still puts a smile on my face,... but it is back in the zone where it was intended, the owner was happy that it was back and thankful. I will get with you at next meeting of great minds and settle the postage bill with you =P : name your poison to which we will drink to a creative solution's demise...lol

Yours truly, truly what the voice in my head have not told me.

~Stormie~ aka DustySandStorm
Re: Bomb scare....This one in Ohio rest area
Reply to: #844262 by Three FLAmigo's
May 1, 2014 3:10pm
Thread Board
I understand the State Highwayman's concern, but "not to do this in a public place"?? Where does that leave us? - private property? Maybe the person who threw the package behind the tree needed to be a little more discreet, although you can't really see truckers if they're sitting in their cabs.

Thank goodness geocaching was named as the culprit, not us (wink, wink). :D
Re: What The?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #844113 by speedsquare
May 1, 2014 3:11pm
Thread Board
It was a new search and the box was checked. Not sure what I am doing wrong! Thanks for helping!
Re: Sharks - Kings Redux
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #843779 by IrishRef
May 1, 2014 3:37pm
Thread Board
Kings woke up and of course the Sharks choked under pressure.

Calling it now for next year.....Kings in 7 against the Sharks. Could it happen three straight years?