A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Un-ignoring Threads
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #843032 by buttercup
Apr 24, 2014 9:48am
Thread Board
Go to the "Boards" tab, go to "Recent Threads" (I'm assuming), find the thread you're looking for. On the Far right side there should be a hyperlink that says "Unignore". Cllick that, and you should be golden.
Monkeys attacking FL this summer!
Board: State: Florida
Apr 24, 2014 9:51am
Thread Board
It's been forever since I've posted on AQ, but rumors of our demise are highly exaggerated! We are planning a trip to Florida this summer and I want to start working some LBing into our plans. I'm doing all the relevant AQ searches, but would love some tips from locals or frequent visitors. We'll be in Long Boat Key for much of the time, and will likely have time to explore around the Sarasota area while there. If you live near that area I'm sure we could arrange to meet up. In the middle of our trip, we'll be going to Orlando for several days (yes, we know we're insane!). There we will be quite busy, but would love to know of any 'boxes that are not-to-be-missed or perhaps are under the radar but near other places we may already be visiting (coughMickeycoughHarry). We're also open to any non-LBing tips to make our trip more enjoyable. (We have been to the CA "Happiest Place" many, many times). Feel free to AQmail me. I can provide references if necessary :-).
Re: Monkeys attacking FL this summer!
Reply to: #843036 by Monkeys!
Apr 24, 2014 9:53am
Thread Board
Have you found the Bubble Room box? Wonder if that one is still active. Beautiful area, lots of boxes from what I remember, but it's been a few years. Welcome back!
Re: Survivor...no spoilers please...
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #842897 by The Vs
Apr 24, 2014 9:57am
Thread Board
It was boring but I also think we're a little spoiled given how awesome some of the past few tribals have been.

Man, there is one player out there that I just really dislike. I mean *really* dislike.
Re: Un-ignoring Threads
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #843035 by Kentucky_Fried_Ghost
Apr 24, 2014 10:20am
Thread Board
Ha! Thanks!
Apr 24, 2014 10:34am
Thread Board
So, this is a totally random, weird place, but we loved the stamp/location of Gnome on the Castle Grounds. It's at Solomon's Castle in Ona, FL.

I'm in Lakeland, so if you want to get together, let me know. FloridaFour's boxes on the west coast are my favorites :)
Reply to: #843037 by Raven
Apr 24, 2014 11:01am
Thread Board
I've been to FL a couple times years ago, mostly Longboat Key/Sarasota for family weddings. I've never letterboxed in the state and never been to the Orlando theme parks.
Reply to: #842897 by The Vs
Apr 24, 2014 11:16am
Thread Board
I thought it was good.

Did anybody think it was funny when that nitwit at tribal said, "by the way, this isn't real." I also loved the big reveal...I'm a fashion model! OMG where do they find these people?
Re: This doesn't look good.
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #493700 by Green Tortuga
Apr 24, 2014 11:22am
Thread Board
Since you are the one person in charge or letterboxing, you should start referring to yourself with the royal "we."
Oceanwinds
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Apr 24, 2014 11:22am
Thread Board
Happy 8th cake day!!
Re: Act of Kindness #22~ The Easter Egg Hunt
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #843034 by Kentucky_Fried_Ghost
Apr 24, 2014 11:27am
Thread Board
so critters won't be tempted to eat them.

That's part of the gift, free critters! People rush out all over to buy furry little critters for the holiday anyway.
Re: Act of Kindness #22~ The Easter Egg Hunt
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #842947 by Captain Slick Kitty
Apr 24, 2014 11:31am
Thread Board
I shared your idea with a friend on the bus this morning so your genius will pepetuate itself even further next year. She also mentioned that her family did eggs for kids, little ones and adults. The adults were just purple and they messages in them such as "Sing the first three verses of Old McDonald", Run up and hug auntie crabby pants and do a cartwheel. Which I thought all were different and fun.

Thanks again!
Apr 24, 2014 11:32am
Thread Board
We are planning a trip to Florida this summer...
We're also open to any non-LBing tips to make our trip more enjoyable.

1st tip: Don't come to Florida in the summer!
Reply to: #843039 by thndrkttn
Apr 24, 2014 11:45am
Thread Board
Man, there is one player out there that I just really dislike. I mean *really* dislike

Agreed...it would have been smart to have gotten rid of that one ages ago!
Reply to: #843037 by Raven
Apr 24, 2014 12:03pm
Thread Board
Bubble Room box is gone, another box is there now.
Reply to: #843045 by JESSS
Apr 24, 2014 12:09pm
Thread Board
Did anybody think it was funny when that nitwit at tribal said, "by the way, this isn't real."

Grrrrrrrrrr! Even more reason why I dislike that person. I want to slap the smug right off of that person's face.

I am beginning to think Trish has a real shot at this. She's under the radar as far as threats go, playing real cool and is in the know on most goings on.
Reply to: #843061 by thndrkttn
Apr 24, 2014 12:20pm
Thread Board
I'm still rooting for Rupert. I know it's a long shot, but I refuse to give up!!
Air Force One replanted!
Board: State: Maryland
Apr 24, 2014 12:39pm
Thread Board
Heads up to all those locals who didn't have a chance to get Kirbert's Air Force One carve while it was in its temporary location back in February. It has now been planted in a permanent location. Check it out!
Reply to: #843079 by Early Risers
Apr 24, 2014 1:49pm
Thread Board
Stealing the shoes was THE BEST Survivor moment ever!!

~ Woodsong
Reply to: #843045 by JESSS
Apr 24, 2014 1:55pm
Thread Board
Did anybody think it was funny when that nitwit at tribal said, "by the way, this isn't real."

Unfortunately, he's gonna be around at least 2 more episodes, since it's pretty real after all!

I'm enjoying the season. There have been some cool blindsides and tribal councils, and some different twists. In our Survivor Pool, I love the rule TG added about the episode title. I've never paid much attention to the titles being a part of the episode, but this season I seem to notice it more when they show up.
Reply to: #843080 by Woodsong
Apr 24, 2014 1:55pm
Thread Board
Stealing the shoes was THE BEST Survivor moment ever!!

Not only that, but I love Rupert's justification for it...

"This is definitely a pirate adventure. Pirates pillage, pirates steal, pirates take advantage."
Re: Flu Shot, tetanus shot, & a 101.9 fever.
Board: Prayer and Healing
Reply to: #843019 by crosscresent
Apr 24, 2014 2:09pm
Thread Board
Several years ago I had a nurse take the time to show me how to get a shot in the arm that doesn't result in local soreness. It has worked 100% of the time for me. Sit so that your arm is dangling to your side, just hanging there. Then SHAKE IT OUT by twisting your wrist and hands to relax the muscles even more. Leave it totally limp, not just in your lap, but dangling. Passing the info along, and hoping it will work for y'all too!
: )
Reply to: #843053 by Kirbert
Apr 24, 2014 2:34pm
Thread Board
Shhh! Quit telling the tourists the truth!

Summer is wonderful in Florida!

As for a tip, try Tiajuana Flats if you come across one. It's great food. :)
Reply to: #843079 by Early Risers
Apr 24, 2014 2:41pm
Thread Board
I LOVED it when he stole the shoes.

Dang it. That's in one of the five seasons that I missed.

TG
Re: unusual locations that have a letterbox
Board: State: Washington
Reply to: #842973 by roo
Apr 24, 2014 2:50pm
Thread Board
If you're staying near Astoria, there is a really nice box at Fort Stevens State Park.

-TheKindlyVikings
Reply to: #843044 by Monkeys!
Apr 24, 2014 2:54pm
Thread Board
I've never letterboxed in the state

To quote my buddy FloridaFour....."Wear gloves, protect your hands at all times and use a stick before your hand because their snakes don't hibernate"..........

Which I should have paid MUCH more attention to!!
AAHHHHHHH!
Board: Venting Board
Apr 24, 2014 3:00pm
Thread Board
That's all I have to say about that!
Apr 24, 2014 3:18pm
Thread Board
Nice to see you are still among us. We have missed you...have a great trip.
Reply to: #843109 by Early Risers
Apr 24, 2014 3:27pm
Thread Board
I find it funny that Rupert did that but has never been called a villain, that was one of the most villainous things I have ever seen.
Reply to: #843044 by Monkeys!
Apr 24, 2014 3:29pm
Thread Board
All I can say is Saw Palmetto is sharp, brings lots of water, and wear mosquito repellant :) I probably won't be able to meet up unless you are in Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete area, but if you are, let me know.