Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Best size for letterboxing journal/notebook?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #842011 by DustySandStorm
Apr 17, 2014 6:00pm
Thread Board
Therves ooo wite.
Re: AQ is still running!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #842004 by Sunia
Apr 17, 2014 6:01pm
Thread Board
How did you get such a reputation?

I don't think I have a reputation. Do I? I'm just a shy, demure wallflower, content to sit idly in the corner, quietly watching the world pass me by...
Re: Sharks - Kings Redux
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #841962 by IrishRef
Apr 17, 2014 6:02pm
Thread Board
Go Kings Go!

Yes. Go. Begone. Away with you!
first hmo meeting >:-(
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Apr 17, 2014 6:03pm
Thread Board
Tomorrow we will have lived here one whole week. Went the HMO meeting all by myself. Well, my kid came.
At first it was all nice and informative. Then this one woman yelled for over an hour. She hates everything. Dogs. Kids. Everything. Poor Shea who has never been allowed to play outside and who has been so excited to play outside, felt attacked by this mean cranky woman who yelled about kids playing...in the COMMON AREA!!! OH MY GAWSH!
I wanted to smack her. My kid said "someone needs to get her a puppy!"

I need a beer. I'll sit on the patio and drink it. She'll bitch about it. I'll know deep down it's because she needs a beer, too.
Re: first hmo meeting >:-(
Reply to: #842017 by crosscresent
Apr 17, 2014 6:22pm
Thread Board
We moved from an association like that. I went to one meeting in the entire 14 or so years we lived there because that's exactly how the meeting went. It was awful. And the people on the"board" were all just nazis who lived in the area peeking out their windows 24/7 in hopes they might see something they could send you a notice for or harass you in some way. Plus the fees just kept going up all the time with nothing getting fixed or finished when they started. It was such a mess. Cheers from over here!
Reply to: #842015 by wassamatta u
Apr 17, 2014 6:25pm
Thread Board
quietly watching the world pass me by...

. . . especially the flying pigs . . .
Reply to: #842019 by WiseOldOwl
Apr 17, 2014 6:27pm
Thread Board
You forgot the "2". ;)
Apr 17, 2014 6:29pm
Thread Board
Ignore cranky old lay. Don't go to any more HMO meeting a unless you have an issue to address. I have lived in my house 12 years and never went to one meeting. It's 95% old cranky bottoms who spy on everyone, and 5% useful. I am friends with the 5% useful people, and that is all I need. You can email, write or call the board members for better results.
Apr 17, 2014 6:33pm
Thread Board
I think the people on the board are really trying to have an understanding of people, and an open mind. The lady kept screaming and yelling and carrying on. She was just absolutely dominating the entire meeting. The poor people on the board we're beat red. They keep having to remind her that there is a common area. So if somebody is walking their dog, or walking with their family, they are not going to get a fine just for being alive. Pretty much. That isn't exactly how they said it. But man this lady is a psycho.
Reply to: #842023 by crosscresent
Apr 17, 2014 6:45pm
Thread Board
But man this lady is a psycho.

I think I know the woman you're talking about. is this her? The overdramatic one? ;)
Apr 17, 2014 6:55pm
Thread Board
The lady kept screaming and yelling and carrying on.

With an attitude like hers I bet she gets her house egged and rolled at Halloween time. That's why she stays so dang cranky, the neighbors probably dislike her.
Reply to: #842025 by scouttrekkie
Apr 17, 2014 6:58pm
Thread Board
townhomes.
Reply to: #842024 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Apr 17, 2014 7:01pm
Thread Board
Hahahahaha!
Apr 17, 2014 7:01pm
Thread Board
"Motion to have crazy lady banned from all future HMO meetings because she is too disruptive"

Aye!!!!
Reply to: #842029 by FloridaFour
Apr 17, 2014 7:05pm
Thread Board
Double Aye!!!
Reply to: #842029 by FloridaFour
Apr 17, 2014 7:13pm
Thread Board
"Motion to have crazy lady banned from all future HMO meetings because she is too disruptive"

I was just totally thinking that!!!
Michael's Hack
Board: Yakking It Up
Apr 17, 2014 8:09pm
Thread Board
Re: Michael's Hack
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #842039 by Cape Cod Cam
Apr 17, 2014 8:19pm
Thread Board
Awesome, I went there in Dec.
Reply to: #842024 by Bubbaloo Magoo
Apr 17, 2014 8:22pm
Thread Board
I thought your link was going to be a link to the psycho who couldn't get chicken mcnuggets at 10:30 am. If I knew how to do a link I would so do one to that!!!
Reply to: #842042 by Colorful Caterpillars
Apr 17, 2014 8:29pm
Thread Board
Was she acting like this, cc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbV-NPT56s
Reply to: #842042 by Colorful Caterpillars
Apr 17, 2014 8:31pm
Thread Board
I can't get that crazy woman's voice out of my head.

"What about them people that goes walking their dogs in...in... in everyone else's yard?! I see them walking this big dog to the mailbox! If we were to actually give these people a fine like we're supposed to! I have to put money towards the pool! How much of my HMO money goes to the pool? Seriously? Its all these little kids running around they want to go swimming!!! They ride bicycles in the parking lot! I see'em outside in the evenings!Where's their parents? We didn't do that when we was young! we got a whoopin! If my daddy came home I knew I was in trouble! We didn't get no dern pool! we got our butts whooped is what we got! what about that man over there? What about his big dog? Who's going to give him a fine for that?"

I'm thinking: "So what if he has a big dog? YOU GOT A BIG MOUTH." :p

These are townhomes. Everything outside is common area so put that in her pipe and....
Re: Happy cake day to Pink Dragon
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #841881 by Mouse Nanny
Apr 17, 2014 8:43pm
Thread Board
Woot woot happy cake day! Glad I have had the privilege of adventuring with you! (Crawling under holes in fences = adventuring! ) We should do it again some time! :-D
Reply to: #842044 by crosscresent
Apr 17, 2014 8:44pm
Thread Board
oh my gosh! That is so hilarious! There wasn't any sound. My first thought was, that would be hilarious if when that crazy girl went to get back in her car, if her car doors were locked. But then I saw her go crazy right? And then I died laughing when I saw the guy behind her pull up. Its like, what the hell just happened!!!? Yeah that's a kind of how I felt. Obviously not that bad. But wow.

I just came from the ghetto to a nice place. What's that is the psycho lady's excuse?
Reply to: #842046 by crosscresent
Apr 17, 2014 9:01pm
Thread Board
Yeah, I googled it and I couldn't get any of the videos to play sound. She was screaming stuff like "I'm gonna come in there and eat your ****ing face off".

One of the videos wouldn't even play because it (said it) was a copyright infringement.
Reply to: #842047 by Colorful Caterpillars
Apr 17, 2014 9:14pm
Thread Board
I was sitting in the kitchen drinking a beer. Well like my 3rd beer. Lol. Looking on the internet on my phone. Thinking about the day. i heard a pop all the lights went off. I bust out laughing! But I just kept sitting here. then Mike came home from work. A little before 11 o'clock. I think he comes in and he's like honey? I'm like uh huh. He walked into the kitchen. And asks, is everything okay honey? And I just burst out laughing! Like I couldn't quit laughing! He looked in the fridge and saw that the three beers are gone. He said, I'm going to go get some beer I'll be right back. And my laughing just got more hysterical. it has definitely been a crazy couple of weeks!
Re: 1st Spring Outing
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #841931 by Jiffy
Apr 18, 2014 3:54am
Thread Board
We will be in Washington DC until Tuesday. We are hoping to do a few boxes in the area.

Ray and Susan
HD
Re: 1st Spring Outing
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #842054 by Happy Daze
Apr 18, 2014 3:57am
Thread Board
Unless you have family to visit or are a politician, letterboxing is the only other reason to go to DC.
lol

Safe travels to you!
tea
North Yorks Moors
Board: Country: United Kingdom
Apr 18, 2014 4:20am
Thread Board
I was up on the north yorks moors this week, in the Rosedale area , the first time this year, visited the new boxes put out by the dartmoor visitors. It was great to follow dartmoor style clues. Also visited some of our own and Yorkshire Tortoise's boxes. It was nice to see new visitors from the US accessing the clues via AQ as well as locals.
Reply to: #842015 by wassamatta u
Apr 18, 2014 4:37am
Thread Board
And Pinky ask "wassa we going to do today, Brain" and the answer, "Try to take over the world, Pinky".
Reply to: #842058 by figureeight
Apr 18, 2014 4:40am
Thread Board
And Pinky ask "wassa are we going to do today, Brain" and the answer, "Try to take over the world, Pinky".

I use to watch this with my kids... and I loved that show.