About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Am I Drunk?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Nov 5, 2013 6:19pm
Thread Board
Yesterday and today I tried updating reserved boxes and twice I've had strange things happen. On one of the boxes after I updated the clue and added coloring and clicked on the Preview Clue button I was sent to the "Add a Letterbox" page and all my changes were lost. After this happened twice I decided to update the clue and then click save. That seemed to work and then I went back to the clue to add coloring to the clue. Breaking the process up this way seemed to work well.

Tonight I tried to update the clue on my last reserved box and when I clicked "save" I was taken to the AQ Login screen. Naturally all my work was again lost.

Could this possibly be my crummy computer with Windows 8 that I really hate? Or maybe that half-glass of wine I consumed tonight really went to my head.
Re: Dunes/zimmerman outing
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #814317 by Linden Leaf
Nov 5, 2013 6:56pm
Thread Board
Depending on the day you pick, I would have interest in this. I'd have the most chance of getting to go during a weekend, but please pick the day that works best for you. (I may just be dreaming that I could actually get away...have to sweet talk my dear husband.)

I would, however, have to take a detour to get the Doctor Who series!
Reply to: #814317 by Linden Leaf
Nov 5, 2013 7:03pm
Thread Board
Thursday this week I could take off and Saturday would work also. I'm not sure what the work week looks like next week. Or what the weather will stir up.
Re: Cookie exchange this SAT.
Board: State: Missouri
Reply to: #814294 by mojudy
Nov 5, 2013 7:36pm
Thread Board
Not allergic--just don't like them.
Re: Need LTCs
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #814309 by 20 Questions
Nov 5, 2013 7:41pm
Thread Board
Actually I have several starting with numbers.
Reply to: #814346 by Topcollector
Nov 5, 2013 7:49pm
Thread Board
And now I have Wyoming!
Re: Ontario Ghost Train?
Board: Province: Ontario
Reply to: #814239 by Fiddleheads
Nov 5, 2013 7:54pm
Thread Board
You plan it and we will participate.

Right. silly question. If it's a box, letterboxers will find it. And it's not like Ontario has a shortage of carvers.

I'm already working on it. ;)
Re: Am I Drunk?
Reply to: #814328 by BBStacker
Nov 5, 2013 7:59pm
Thread Board
You need more than a half glass of wine when working with Windows 8. I dislike it too.
Nov 5, 2013 8:20pm
Thread Board
On one of the boxes after I updated the clue and added coloring and clicked on the Preview Clue button I was sent to the "Add a Letterbox" page and all my changes were lost.

How long were you editing the clue? It sounds like your session was deleted, but AQ isn't supposed to delete sessions for 4 hours. I can't imagine you were editing your clues for that long, but I can't think of any other reason that would cause what you described either. *scratching head*

-- Ryan
Reply to: #814272 by Topcollector
Nov 5, 2013 8:21pm
Thread Board
I have some from Germany.
Neener neener neener. :~D
Reply to: #814350 by Green Tortuga
Nov 5, 2013 8:34pm
Thread Board
I doubt I was editing for more than 30 minutes. More like 20 minutes.
Re: carves vs plants statistics
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #813818 by Kelsung
Nov 5, 2013 8:37pm
Thread Board
You do make really awesome events. By the way. ^_^
Re: Supermarket Aisles
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #812735 by Waltzing Pigs
Nov 5, 2013 9:31pm
Thread Board
I kept reading all the way to the end.....and promptly cracked up. This is my type of humor!
Thanks for the laugh, Waltzing Pigs!

ASL Girl
Reply to: #814342 by tie dye sue
Nov 5, 2013 9:37pm
Thread Board
This Saturday is good for me. Normally weekdays are good too but this Thursday will not work for me.
Reply to: #814351 by crosscresent
Nov 5, 2013 9:42pm
Thread Board
I have 1 or 2 from Germany & 1 from Canada. We might have been in the same tracker for the one from Germany. That was fun getting them from other countries.
Re: What state do you belong in?
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #812272 by Lone R
Nov 5, 2013 9:45pm
Thread Board
Georgia, though in real life I exemplify many Midwestern characters. Makes sense, since I have lived in Minnesota all my life and have almost mastered the art of passive-aggressiveness. ;-) The only thing I am most familiar about with Georgia is the Sherwood Films (Flywheel, Facing The Giants, Fireproof, Courageous).

ASL Girl
Shout Out To Red Cat!
Nov 5, 2013 9:50pm
Board
Happy 8th AQVersary Red Cat! Thanks for all you do for the Minnesota Letterboxing Community, and the general boxing community at large!!!!!! Your stamps are magnificent and you clues are ever so craftily clever! Hope you were able to pick up a couple boxes today.

Have a good one!

ASL Girl
Reply to: #814352 by BBStacker
Nov 5, 2013 9:52pm
Thread Board
The session ID is stored as a cookie. Would you have done anything that might have deleted the cookies in the browser?

-- Ryan
Re: I found Ryan a new friend
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #814290 by Don't Panic
Nov 5, 2013 10:00pm
Thread Board
That...THAT was what I needed. Still laughing. Love the "shell" he made himself. Perfect new friend for Ryan. I heard they make weird squealing noises though... hope that won't be a problem for such a quiet one as the Green Tortuga. ; )
Re: I found Ryan a new friend
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #814290 by Don't Panic
Nov 5, 2013 10:03pm
Thread Board
That is such a CUTE video!!!! Talking animal videos are so much fun to watch!!!!

ASL Girl
Reply to: #814360 by Green Tortuga
Nov 5, 2013 10:07pm
Thread Board
not that I know of. I was only on my email, fb, and AQ this evening.
Nov 5, 2013 10:31pm
Thread Board
Tonight I tried to update the clue on my last reserved box and when I clicked "save" I was taken to the AQ Login screen. Naturally all my work was again lost.

This type of thing is why I (most of the time) when I've been editing for a while, I copy the text to a text editor. Then when I lose it I can just paste it back in. If I know I'm going to be taking a while I just write it in a text editor in the first place.
Wow!
Board: State: Utah
Nov 5, 2013 10:31pm
Thread Board
Wow Utah we have some finding to do!
Re: Night Boxing Planting Tips
Reply to: #814265 by PI Joe
Nov 5, 2013 11:14pm
Thread Board
Seriously, this idea is almost awesome enough to call for an entirely new type of stashing game, one in which participants need to bring their own laser pointer along for the hunt -- much the way we bring a compass or a geocacher brings a GPSr. Might be doable in daylight, but the SOP is to hunt them only at night. Planters would set up trails to follow, and there's actually several different methods they could use to mark them. One would be tubes attached to trees that a typical penlight laser pointer would slide into. Another would be much smaller tubes attached to trees that you shine the laser through to see where the dot appears when it comes out the other end. You could even come up with things like two small wooden boards nailed together so they look pretty innocuous but you just lay the laser pointer down into the channel formed and it points to the next stop. Or you could screw two eye bolts into the tree and slide the laser pointer into the eyes.
Reply to: #813829 by Kirbert
Nov 5, 2013 11:17pm
Thread Board
Gee, nobody even responded to this excellent idea! Does that mean everyone stored it away in the back of their minds as something to do in the future?
Re: Ontario Ghost Train?
Board: Province: Ontario
Reply to: #814239 by Fiddleheads
Nov 6, 2013 2:39am
Thread Board
Agreed :)
Reply to: #814367 by Kirbert
Nov 6, 2013 3:39am
Thread Board
it means i was in bed.

~tigs (not so bouncy at 2 am)
Reply to: #814364 by Oberon_Kenobi
Nov 6, 2013 3:47am
Thread Board
I copy the text to a text editor.

I agree. Most times that I have a long clue I'll use Word to edit and than finally paste to AQ. Didn't do that this time.

Then when I lose it

Does this mean you experience or have experienced the same sort of problems?
Reply to: #814346 by Topcollector
Nov 6, 2013 5:37am
Thread Board
Just giving you a hint for a new list :) After you get all States :)
Reply to: #814372 by BBStacker
Nov 6, 2013 6:21am
Thread Board
Does this mean you experience or have experienced the same sort of problems?

I have experienced this on several web sites, including this one. The longer I worked on it the more likely it is to happen. Save your work.

Which reminds me, have you backed up your computer lately? There are free ways to do so. I've got one.