Thread Board
I agree, that was an awesome LTC.
Re: Special song for the NC board
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #814040 by The Wolf Family
Nov 4, 2013 10:42am
Thread Board
ROTFL!!!

"Well, that didn't work out the way I planned".......

*walking away *kicking the ground* tearing up plans*

*muttering* "Back to the drawing board".
Re: Special song for the NC board
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #813984 by theseekers1108
Nov 4, 2013 10:46am
Thread Board
You see, by NOT commenting, I have made it look like I have nothing to do with these crazy ones......
Thereby convincing people that I am "NOT" crazy ......

Fail.

Shiloh
I cut the cord!
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Nov 4, 2013 10:48am
Thread Board
So we just discontinued our cable service today because the cost has become outrageous since the contract ran out. We just kept Internet and we have netflix and Hulu plus. So far so good! There's more to watch than on the 700+ channels on cable! I'm so surprised to see that not only is every show I watch available, but up to date also! What have I been waiting for?
Fun for all
Board: Yakking It Up
Nov 4, 2013 10:49am
Thread Board
Just substitute the name Wassa where applicable!!
Re: Fun for all
Reply to: #814059 by Fluffy Cow
Nov 4, 2013 10:57am
Thread Board
Wow. I don't know a Wassa at all. I only got 5 right. And I'm ashamed to admit I lived in Alaska.
Nov 4, 2013 10:59am
Thread Board
The most important lesson learned here is ...........

Don't feed Wassa!

Shiloh
Re: Carves statistics
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #814008 by Okie Dog
Nov 4, 2013 11:05am
Thread Board
Personally, I prefer my stamps to be planted, regardless of how many finds they get. If I send one of mine out to be permanently planted, I don't even consider myself the owner of it anymore--just the lucky recipient of find reports now and then.

I'm not impatient anymore--I've got plenty of stamps and boxes out there so something of mine gets found pretty frequently. But if someone is giving you a hard time, I'd just give them their stamp back. It's not worth the hassle, since you have no control over finders!
Lighthouses
Board: State: Massachusetts
Nov 4, 2013 11:14am
Thread Board
The Lucius Beebe library in Wakefield is having a presentation about New England lighthouses this week. Wednesday, November 13th, at 7 pm. Locals should consider stopping by for a little history, a little conversation... and maybe a Prankster plant while you're at it!

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=205582
Re: I thought this was a road?
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #813932 by WiseOldOwl
Nov 4, 2013 11:31am
Thread Board
Yeah, yeah. You talk a good game but do you really want me to start telling the goo stories? No? Then cough up the bail.
Re: I've become a Netflix addict!
Reply to: #814051 by Sano2pop
Nov 4, 2013 11:49am
Thread Board
Extras with Ricky Gervais also and I agree about Psych and Dexter and Medium, Jesse Stone is also great, but do watch them in order. Also if you never watched Gilmore Girls back in the day, those are really entertaining as well and are best viewed in order. It is one of those where I get addicted and have to sit down and watch the entire series in one feel swoop!! And I will say Hell on Wheels again (since no one gave me an "amen" on that one) It is about the building of the railroad after the civil war, so sort of a western. I avoided it when it was recommended to me, but started it and was pleasantly surprised. I was a huge fan of Deadwood on HBO also

-Amanda from Seattle
Nov 4, 2013 11:58am
Thread Board
Just substitute the name Wassa where applicable!!

Anywhere? Like, in the "Pay To:" field of multi-million dollar checks? Or just in the Moose Survey? 'Cause if I had my choice...
Re: I cut the cord!
Reply to: #814058 by Raven
Nov 4, 2013 12:50pm
Thread Board
What do you do for local stations news and weather?
Re: I thought this was a road?
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #814071 by judithandsparky
Nov 4, 2013 1:00pm
Thread Board
Hey, what happens on the trail STAYS on the trail!
Nov 4, 2013 1:36pm
Thread Board
We did that a few months ago. Were were only getting basic cable and internet and it cost a fortune for ridiculously slow speeds. We even cut internet and switched to DSL through AT&T. Honestly I can't tell, but my husband keeps running checks and saying WOW at how much faster DSL is over cable. Besides netflix and hulu you can also watch a lot of movies for free on amazon if you have prime or you can 'rent' the newer ones.
sun7flour
Nov 4, 2013 1:36pm
Thread Board
We have been discussing this. I'm actually just working on watching what is on my DVR and I will be ready to disconnect as well.
Reply to: #814083 by Granny Butterfly
Nov 4, 2013 1:37pm
Thread Board
What do you do for local stations news and weather?

Look online ;)
Re: Postal Frustrations
Board: Postals
Reply to: #813624 by Bombshell
Nov 4, 2013 1:44pm
Thread Board
I must be getting older because I managed to stay out of this discussion! (Of course, it wasn't a newbie ranting about the unfairness of requirements - I can never stay out of those. LOL)

Why do we do anything when it's frustrating? Because when it goes right, it's worth it.

Postal letterboxing and regular letterboxing are kind of like apples and oranges. Sort of the same, but also a lot different. The thing about postal letterboxing is that you are putting your trust in specific people. It sucks when you get burned. But, postal letterboxing can also be great. You get to see much more elaborate stamps and/or logbooks than you will TYPICALLY see in the great outdoors. You get to know other letterboxers who don't live near you. And, that is a great thing, too.

Anyway, for those who need it, I will be relaunching my single Mulan, from the Lost Postal Therapy ring that I led. If there's enough of you, you should do your own Lost Postal Therapy ring. It was a great ring!

Tracker:
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=7370

If you would like to be added, AQmail me your mailing address, alternate email address, and postal sob story.

((As I'm rereading my Mulan clue, it reminded me that Mulan actually survived The Biggest Disney Ring Ever (anyone remember that fiasco?!) only to be lost when it went out as a single.))
Re: AT Passport
Reply to: #814030 by Green Tortuga
Nov 4, 2013 1:55pm
Thread Board
Well, I have one at Springer Mountain. LOL ...which reminds me, I need to go check on it. Hasn't been logged in a year.

AB
Reply to: #814088 by Raven
Nov 4, 2013 1:59pm
Thread Board
All your local news is available online, either thru your local tv stations or through blogs. Here in Seattle, I get VERY local information on The West Seattle Blog. It basically keeps me up with the news that affects my neighborhood in Seattle, So I don't have to hear about stuff that happens across town. This news is all about what happens here and affects me!! And you don't have to wait til a certain time to access it AND you don't have to sit thru all those teasers like, "what's in your salad might kill you, find out at 11"

-Amanda from Seattle
Reply to: #814091 by Amanda from Seattle
Nov 4, 2013 2:02pm
Thread Board
For weather, I love weather.com....their hourly forecast in Seattle is amazing....I always look at the hourly forecast, because here it is likely to rain.....on the hourly forecast, you can see that it is only a 30% chance at 10am, and 30% chance at 11am, but a 90% chance at noon, so I can bet you it will be raining at noon. And they are almost always right!!!

-Amanda from Seattle
Reply to: #813976 by Red Paisley Quilter
Nov 4, 2013 2:34pm
Thread Board
I didn't get into house of cards , but the other 3 I have watched and really liked :)
Reply to: #814019 by Trekkie Gal
Nov 4, 2013 2:37pm
Thread Board
Switched at birth is really good :)
Makes sense to me.
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Nov 4, 2013 2:54pm
Thread Board
You'd think they wouldn't have such a negative reaction when I requested my new Business Cards with the Title "Super Genius". I see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Night Boxing Planting Tips
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #814013 by mudflinginfools
Nov 4, 2013 3:08pm
Thread Board
Our nite boxing event has glow in the dark stix in the containers with a set of clues for the trails using our "characters" & props as clues. This year we used solar lites which was a nice switch.
Nov 4, 2013 3:10pm
Thread Board
How much does Hulu cost? We have been cable-free for 11 years & get by with Netflix, but I'm tired of waiting for current shows. I don't know much about Hulu. Info, please!
Re: Makes sense to me.
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #814097 by wassamatta u
Nov 4, 2013 3:12pm
Thread Board
Me either.
Reply to: #814100 by WiseOldOwl
Nov 4, 2013 3:21pm
Thread Board
There is actually a lot of free content on Hulu, such as recent episodes of many current shows. Upgrading to Hulu Plus gets you fewer commercials and the ability to watch full seasons of certain shows for $7.99 a month.

TG
Re: Lighthouses
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #814067 by heartsquare
Nov 4, 2013 3:34pm
Thread Board
I meant to say next week, sorry. Here it's a link that has more info about the event:
http://www.wakefieldlibrary.org/uncategorized/lighthouses/

(I am in no way affiliated with the event or the library. I just keep seeing the signs advertising it, and they remind me of a marvelous box I once found...)
Re: 'Oh, Holy Interruptus, Batman!'
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #813947 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Nov 4, 2013 3:42pm
Thread Board
Switch to the stuff from sweetloveqiner on etsy.com, either colored or white. It'll probably cost a bit more with shipping, but you won't have to worry about whether you're getting the "good stuff" or the "lousy stuff".