Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Problem viewing icons
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Oct 24, 2013 5:31am
Thread Board
When I log onto AQ, I can't view any of the icons or theme pictures. I know the icons (contact member, profile, ect) are still there because if I run the mouse over them, the little box comes up telling me what they are. But it has been a couple days now. I must have changed some settings somehow but I can't figure out where.
Re: Survivor ** SPOILERS **
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #812147 by bluebirdlover
Oct 24, 2013 5:44am
Thread Board
So Tina tells Monica that Kat is putting Monicas name out there, Monica directly asks Kat if that was true and of course Kat says no. Kat asks Monica who said that and she said people. I wish Monica dragged Kat over to Tina (in front of everyone) and directly asked her if Kat said that. Then see how Kat defends herself. I think she still would have been kicked out, but they would have exposed Tina as a trouble maker.

This has been an interesting season. I am not sure who I like yet.
Reply to: #812157 by Crazyolis
Oct 24, 2013 5:48am
Thread Board
This has been an interesting season. I am not sure who I like yet

I like Rupert :(
Re: A friend in deed!
Board: Random Acts of AQ Kindness
Reply to: #812154 by Sea Maid
Oct 24, 2013 5:50am
Thread Board
So sorry to hear you are hurt. Do take care. Great friendship.
Re: Mystery Postal 118 has been "paused"
Board: Postals
Reply to: #812098 by IrishRef
Oct 24, 2013 6:04am
Thread Board
Boy, you snooze, you lose -- I saw only the first clue, and nothing else after that. Kudos to those who stayed on top of things and figured it out!
Reply to: #812154 by Sea Maid
Oct 24, 2013 6:10am
Thread Board
Wonderful to hear that Wry Me has supported you in such an outstanding way! Three cheers for Wry Me!! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! And prayers for you with the meniscus. Please don't tell me that it is a boxing injury!!
Re: Mystery Postal 118 is closed
Reply to: #812153 by IrishRef
Oct 24, 2013 6:13am
Thread Board
Must have been too easy cuz I finally got one right!!
Reply to: #812158 by TrailTroll
Oct 24, 2013 6:14am
Thread Board
I like Rupert :(

Too late for that!! Ya gotta pick someone new. I'm kinda liking John (after he is starting to wise up a bit) & hey, Laura M. did great in against the men!
Re: I think we need to introduce this artist to letterboxing....
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #812129 by ArtGekko
Oct 24, 2013 6:15am
Thread Board
I think it would be like asking a violinist to play a guitar. Could any of us do what he does? I'd slice myself open!
Re: We are Moving to NC
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #812151 by Cape Cod Cam
Oct 24, 2013 6:18am
Thread Board
NC is an amazing area for LBs from what I hear!
Re: Problem viewing icons
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #812156 by Photo Dabble
Oct 24, 2013 6:22am
Thread Board
I believe I saw an option for that in the theme preferences. But to me (and in no was am I computer literate) it sounds like a browser issue. What are you using and have you tried anything else or refreshing your cache or cookies or whatever?
Seekers' Wedding Boxing
Oct 24, 2013 6:31am
Thread Board
Tomorrow is the day that I plan to plant the boxes, and there will probably be a dozen and an half or less total. It will depend on if any arrive today. LOL. Clues will be posted tonight. As per my appointment on Tuesday, I still have four more weeks in the boot, but Doc has given me the okay to plant at the small park. Tigs will bounce along with me so that I do not overdo it.

All that we ask is that you not be hunting for boxes during the ceremony. Hopefully you will all have a super fun time and be a blessing to theseekers as you share their big day with them! 8^)
Re: How badly do you want your boxes found?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #812155 by Trailhead Tessie
Oct 24, 2013 6:52am
Thread Board
it's often just rain water trickling down the site of the trick or rooting limb and finding is way into a tree wound or crevice.

That sounds more likely. Because one of the first ones I remember seeing is on a sandhill miles from the nearest waterway. It was a big tree that was mostly hollow.

I do have a geocache in a hollow tree next to a trailhead. It was where another cache had gone missing. Mine is hidden better than the one that went missing. It is difficult enough to find knowing it is there. You have to reach up then down into a ledge.

There are good ways to his boxes in a hollow tree. And where there is one there is probably another nearby. At least that's what I have found.
Re: I think we need to introduce this artist to letterboxing....
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #812164 by Raven
Oct 24, 2013 7:05am
Thread Board
I like to work with wood. I was already thinking that since I am not a fan of carving pink lately MAYBE I should start wood carving.......
Stamp Exchange Notices
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Oct 24, 2013 7:06am
Thread Board
Why do my notices of all the stamp exchange offers seem to show up at 3 a.m. or early morning? By the time I get up in the morning they're all taken.
Reply to: #812155 by Trailhead Tessie
Oct 24, 2013 7:44am
Thread Board
I doubt most people are this tenacious. Or foolhardy. :) For the record, I've found several this way, deep, deep in the "vaults" created by the inner part of the tree continuing to decay along the outer rim. This is just the first time I've been photographically busted! The edges continue to decay and form a trench and pits, depending on the tree type, that can result in the box falling a long, long way. And before you go there, yes, I poked around with a stick in dead earnest and got all those animal skeletons out of the way before doing this.
Reply to: #812172 by Wry Me
Oct 24, 2013 7:52am
Thread Board
I poked around with a stick in one this week and felt the box. then went armpit deep and up on my tippy toes to just barely grab the edge of a box in the center of a rotting tree. But I'm only 5 ft 2 inches so these vaults pose more of a problem for me than most people!
Re: Letterboxing Journals
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #812116 by Granny Butterfly
Oct 24, 2013 8:05am
Thread Board
Or Bungalow Boxer ;-)

I had logbooks for sale at last weekend's B&B but was too tired to peddle them ;-)

BB
Reply to: #812161 by bluebirdlover
Oct 24, 2013 8:11am
Thread Board
Please don't tell me that it is a boxing injury!!

Maybe a kickboxing injury?

;)
Re: Mission Complete -Involuntary Brain Take Over...
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Reply to: #812118 by MBPhenomenon
Oct 24, 2013 8:15am
Thread Board
I have been thinking of using my left over carving scraps, since we can't melt them and make more, lol, and carve stamps for my sons classroom treasure box. You've given me the idea to add a little note book and stamp pad with each one. Thanks!
November 3rd event
Board: State: California
Oct 24, 2013 8:40am
Thread Board
There is still lots of room for the November 3rd event!! If you'd like to join in the fun, eat British food, tell us your trekking on the moor stories or your wish to make the boxing pilgrimage someday, sign up now! And if you'd like to carve your own Dartmoor/pub themed boxes for the event, that would be, as my British penpal from way back when would say, brilliant!
Re: Happy AQversary #7, Zess!!!
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Reply to: #812101 by The Merry Pranksters
Oct 24, 2013 8:47am
Thread Board
Happy AG day Zess

deniserows
congrats
Re: Speedball Gouge Handles
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #812142 by AlishaMisha
Oct 24, 2013 8:59am
Thread Board
I don't get it. The speedball pen IS smaller...

I have the fat red one. It doesn't fit in my hand well. But even the one you showed in the link is too small. I am like Mama Bear in the story, the middle one is just right. Sorry for the confusion.

fm
Re: A change today too
Board: Walking4Fun
Reply to: #812145 by BBStacker
Oct 24, 2013 9:03am
Thread Board
It seemed yesterday when I selected the AQ group I could see all members of the group listed with their current trails. Today only those members actually on the trail I select are visible.

I've kind of been having a hard time deciding which way I like better. When I'm trying to actually look at where people are on the map, all of the people not on the trail wind up cluttering up the results. But when I'm really only interested in seeing the whole list, it's a little annoying to change to the Awards page which isn't a per-trail view.

So.... I'm torn. *shrug*

-- Ryan
Re: Stamp Exchange Notices
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #812170 by Topcollector
Oct 24, 2013 9:09am
Thread Board
Why do my notices of all the stamp exchange offers seem to show up at 3 a.m. or early morning?

AQ has nothing better to do then. =)

By the time I get up in the morning they're all taken.

And what time would you prefer to get them? I could send them out at any time, but I'm not sure that your results would improve because if I send them out at 3:00 PM or something, there will still likely be people who get the notifications before you log in to get yours.

If you really want a leg up on everyone, though, use your knowledge of when the notifications go out to your advantage. Check the list before you go to bed. Nobody else would have gotten a notification yet, but everyone will have already listed their stamp exchanges for the day. You could get first dibs on them all! ;o)

-- Ryan
Re: Holy Bozo!
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #812148 by Teacup
Oct 24, 2013 9:22am
Thread Board
Welcome aboard!
Reply to: #812147 by bluebirdlover
Oct 24, 2013 9:42am
Thread Board
while Kat ended up looking weak at tribal certainly unexpected!

Did you hear Kat's comments when she arrived at RI? What is her boyfriend, Hayden, going to think about her, how is she going to look to the TV public. It's all about HER, not her tribe, not her alliance. She's typical of a lot of young Reality Show cast-members; they just want to get noticed by Hollywood and become one of the "IT" people for 15 minutes.

~~Doublesaj~~
who, BTW, was VERY surprised Tina didn't get the boot!
The Day of the Doctor...IN 3-D!!
Board: Doctor Who
Oct 24, 2013 9:47am
Thread Board
Cinemas in 11 cities will participate in the global simulcast of The Day of the Doctor. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9 AM Eastern through Fathom Events. If all of the 11 cities are too far from you, apparently 300 additional cinemas will rebroadcast the show on Monday, November 25. Maybe one of those will be closer. :)

TG
Re: Resending Postal: King Tutankhamun
Reply to: #812081 by Scribe
Oct 24, 2013 9:49am
Thread Board
You have AQ Mail! :-D
Re: We are Moving to NC
Reply to: #812151 by Cape Cod Cam
Oct 24, 2013 9:52am
Thread Board
Welcome! I live in the Charlotte area. There was an event in Salisbury a cuple years ago so there are some rather fun boxes an haunted sites as well as others. It's a really nest historic town.

We look forward to meeting you!