Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Blue Diamond Worthy Patches
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #79681 by Murray Herd
Mar 20, 2007 4:14pm
Thread Board
I know what you mean. I want soooo many patches. But I've vowed to only buy patches after I have boxed in that area. Hence, no PNW patch for me.....YET! :)

LW PhD
"Nice Counts"
low fat muffin recipe
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #79643 by Shenyd
Mar 20, 2007 4:19pm
Thread Board
These come out so moist and yummy

All you do is to take any cake mix
Then you add a 15 oz can of pumpkin.

That's it! You don't add oil or eggs
But other than that, just follow the directions on the box

I added a little water because it can be thick. I made them last night with a carrot cake mix. I added some chopped walnuts too.

But it works just as well with chocolate. You can't taste the pumpkin.

I don't know how it would work as a regular cake. But it makes great muffins

S~N~K

=09
Re: Can I change a PDF file to a jpeg or gif file?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #79664 by Gryffindors
Mar 20, 2007 4:24pm
Thread Board
You can open a geocities website and upload lots. Then you can link from that to the clue page.

MC
Reply to: #79678 by Lock Wench
Mar 20, 2007 4:28pm
Thread Board
so nice! Alas I'm just a bumpy stone : )
Hoosier Heart: Stone Soup Recipe
Board: State: Indiana
Mar 20, 2007 4:37pm
Thread Board
I though about posting this to the Food for Thought board, but didn't know if everyone from our gathering would read those messages. So, here ya go...

1- 14 1/2 oz can of each of the following

corn
green beans
white hominy
yellow hominy
lima beans
butter beans
stewed tomatoes
any other veggies you'd like

1 large can beef broth
6-10 potatoes (diced)
1 stalk celery (diced)
1 onion cut into eighths
1 big bag of baby carrots
1/2 head of cabbage (cut in half, then into fourths)
1 turnip (diced)
2 packages of pot roast (cut into chunks)
salt and pepper (to taste)

Put everything into a large stew pot. Do NOT drain the veggies! Add water to cover ingredients. Cook on high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 4-5 hours or until carrots, potatoes, and turnip pieces are soft.

ENJOY!

This recipe served 2o+ people at the gathering, plus we took a lot to my dad and had some for dinner the night after. You can also freeze individual portions and reheat in the microwave when you need it!
Reply to: #79669 by MO UR4Me
Mar 20, 2007 4:39pm
Thread Board
Even Adobe Reader has a graphical selection tool. Zoom in to what you wish to snag, use this tool (the icon looks like a little camera on Reader 7.0) and hit ctrl-C for copy.

Paste into your imahghe editing software, save and away you go.

LB
Re: Missing Box - whine alert!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #79682 by GoSox
Mar 20, 2007 4:43pm
Thread Board
Quote But I would say that hiding them under the boardwalk is askin' for it to disappear....

Agreed - but that darn geocache has been there like a year and a half and it's under the boardwalk - go figure. Maybe people are as frightened by the dental floss as I was and drop it and run (still laughing.......!!).

I spotted some areas toward the parking area that will provide more cover, and less of a threat of flooding. An idea I've had for a while, and will probably never do, is to suspend a waterproof container from the boardwalk, and people would have to pull it up out of the water - lol!! But the best place for that - today - had very little water in it - a box would have been exposed by now. Some day I'll find the place for that ;-))

Thanks for alerting me to the box's disappearance - I hate for people to go look for a box that isn't there, and like to keep my stuff as updated as possible.

I'm going to go start carving.....something!

Mama Fox
Speaking of the post office... and more!
Board: Postals
Mar 20, 2007 4:52pm
Thread Board
Well, today I received 3 letterboxes in the mail. I was excited until the neighbor brought over 5 additional boxes that she received on last Wednesday! Then I was angry.... I love the boxes, but come on! All with delivery conformation as well! Guess the DC doesn't work unless the mail person reads the address correctly. We are 1365, and the neighbors are 1356.... The neighbor lady had been out of town for several days, and thankfully she was kind enough to bring them over to me.
Oh, and thank you to all of you who have been kind in asking about my current custody situation. I had to drop from several rings that were starting in the summer, and may still have to drop a few more... but we are (official as of today!) the legal parents of 4 new children! (Not 2 as we originally thought.) Yes, we are crazy! For those of you who don't know, my brother and his wife have confessed to a $60,000 a year heroin addiction. Their children were in need of a home. We originally were going to split them up, and my sister take 2 and I take 2. That isn't so now. I am trying them all. (EEK!) :) They are in rehab, and I am praying for the best. I want them off drugs and the children back with their parents. So, off to wrangle some small children into the bathtub! Wow, what a difference between 1 and 5 children!

Thanks! Dog Lover
Re: low fat muffin recipe
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #79685 by Sits N Knits
Mar 20, 2007 5:05pm
Thread Board
"All you do is to take any cake mix
Then you add a 15 oz can of pumpkin."

They make great cookies too! Spice cake, pumpkin and raisins. Drop on a cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes. Yum!

=) Wild Rose (of PBandJ)
Giant Frog: Philadelphia Public Art Hitchhiker
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Mar 20, 2007 5:08pm
Board
Has anyone ever seen this hitchhiker. We have not heard a word about it since we left it in the Bird House Hostel in Charlotte, NC about a year and a half ago.
Re: August Sacramento Gathering
Board: State: California
Reply to: #78795 by Baby Bookworm
Mar 20, 2007 5:10pm
Thread Board
We can't July 28th because we have swim championships, but the other dates look promising. Keep us posted,
In Cahoots Gang
Reply to: #79669 by MO UR4Me
Mar 20, 2007 5:13pm
Thread Board
Quote View the PDF file and make sure the part you need is visible on the screen.
Get a screen snapshot (of your entire screen) by pressing Control+PrintScreen (PrintScreen is probably at the top of your keyboard, past the F keys). This puts your snapshot on the Windows clipboard.
Open a graphic editor program (MSPaint if you don't have anything else). Crop the image of the whole screen down to just the portion that you need and save it as a graphic file type. If you don't know where to find MSPaint, click Start, then Run, and type mspaint.

Oh, you ROCK!!!!!

That was just the ticket. I'm excited to get this box planted now that I know my idea will work. Of course, it's probably not an original idea, but I find I'm starting to like making our boxes a little different each time... and it's new for us!!!

Thanks again,

Carianna of the GG
Re: Speaking of the post office... and more!
Reply to: #79691 by Dog Lover
Mar 20, 2007 5:18pm
Thread Board
Quote but we are (official as of today!) the legal parents of 4 new children!

Good grief! That's a handful! I'm sending small handicrafts to you, please let me know if you need anything on my part to ease your... transition... =)

Amy
Reply to: #79678 by Lock Wench
Mar 20, 2007 5:19pm
Thread Board
Well, what about patch collectors? I collect patches; from parks, from events, from letterboxing, from places...
I would like to order one of your patches, but I don't know where to send the money and I almost feel guilty about. I really would like to have one just cause it's a letterboxer patch. Actually I wouldn't mind ordering one for my brother as well. How do I go about it? It is a really cool patch. I like the shape.
Re: August Sacramento Gathering
Board: State: California
Reply to: #78795 by Baby Bookworm
Mar 20, 2007 5:21pm
Thread Board
My husband just informed me that he is planning a camping trip the weekend of the 18th. Right before school starts! Sheesh!

handy trackers
Reply to: #79697 by mstrwndl
Mar 20, 2007 5:22pm
Thread Board
Oh patch collectors can have 'em too! I am a patch collector myself. :) Here's the info:

You can send a check, a money order, cash or use paypal. They are $3 each. Here's my address:

Lock Wench/Cyndie Long
218 Clairmonte Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13207

For Paypal, send to lockwench@yahoo.com
Checks and money orders should be made out to "Cyndie Long"

Don't forget a self-addressed stamped envelope. One stamp for every 2 patches. And let me know when you get them and how you like them!

Thanks!

LW
Re: Speaking of the post office... and more!
Reply to: #79696 by Pierced8x
Mar 20, 2007 5:22pm
Thread Board
Does a bottle of wine count as a small handcraft? Oh, wait! The post office would never go for that!

Best, Dog Lover
Re: Logging finds if not in the ring
Reply to: #79650 by mudflinginfools
Mar 20, 2007 5:28pm
Thread Board
MFF,

I hope you are up flinging mud again real soon. Being sick stinks!

Best, Dog Lover and The Litter of Puppies!
Re: Okanagan
Board: Country: Canada
Reply to: #79676 by inukshuk
Mar 20, 2007 5:31pm
Thread Board
closest one we planted is in Rock Creek, right off the highway, real easy. we hope it is still there. Have fun boxing!
Re: Incorporating letterboxing with parenting
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Reply to: #79575 by In Cahoots Gang
Mar 20, 2007 5:36pm
Thread Board
I wonder if those cooties from the old cootie game could somehow be pried open and used as boxes. It's been a while since I've seen one so I'm not sure if they are made from hard or soft plastic....

I hear what you mean about the gum and mints, too. I'm turning into a container-aholic. I need to get the ones that I have - made into boxes, before I go off and get more. Of course, that probably won't happen, but that doesn't mean they won't get used.
Re: Oh, what a horrible day....
Board: Ryan's a Total Goober
Reply to: #79599 by Green Tortuga
Mar 20, 2007 5:39pm
Thread Board
Yes, and it's annoying! Requires you to wear all that yucky sunscreen. It's clear and sunny once again this morning. *grumbling*

well, if you are annoyed, I could be convinced to mail you some snow if you promise to mail me some sun!
lay back and tell the truth...
you are loving every minute, 'yucky sunscreen' and everything!
we are happy when you are happy!
(and fixing snafoos on AQ at the same time is a bonus!)
six stars
Reply to: #79703 by Perdu
Mar 20, 2007 5:39pm
Thread Board
I am finding that my 7 yr old asks all the time.. Is this a cool cootie box mama??

I have the same collection. My problem is finding the traditional lock n locks, locally anyway.
Re: Torn/Random Postals
Reply to: #79644 by MoWizLiz
Mar 20, 2007 5:40pm
Thread Board
OK........is there a way to search out these random postals? Do you just choose any old theme/stamp to carve and then contact Trekkie Gal to launch it onto society? How do you or can you even know what is already circulating around out there? Oh the mystery of it all.....perfectly delightful!
In Cahoots Gang
Reply to: #79644 by MoWizLiz
Mar 20, 2007 5:40pm
Thread Board
OK........is there a way to search out these random postals? Do you just choose any old theme/stamp to carve and then contact Trekkie Gal to launch it onto society? How do you or can you even know what is already circulating around out there? Oh the mystery of it all.....perfectly delightful!
In Cahoots Gang
Reply to: #79705 by sweet n sour
Mar 20, 2007 5:43pm
Thread Board
"Is this a cool cootie box mama??" <<==== Too funny!

It does a mother proud when she sees her young ones understand the important things in life, doesn't it?
Re: Logging finds if not in the ring
Reply to: #79631 by mudflinginfools
Mar 20, 2007 5:46pm
Thread Board
So what is the general etiquette for this? Do most PLB'ers think it is OK to have others not signed up stamp in and log the find or is this usually considered a no-no?
In Cahoots Gang
Reply to: #79708 by Perdu
Mar 20, 2007 5:48pm
Thread Board
Quote "Is this a cool cootie box mama??" <<==== Too funny!

It does a mother proud when she sees her young ones understand the important things in life, doesn't it?

How about my 4 year old who stayed home from school because she threw up this morning asking me if we could go letterboxing in the afternoon, when I reminded her that she might not be done with being sick she said, "that is okay Mommy, I can throw up outside!"
too cute, but I still made her take a rest for the afternoon anyway!
six stars
Reply to: #79710 by six stars
Mar 20, 2007 5:49pm
Thread Board
I actually prefer mine to throw up outside...
Reply to: #79706 by In Cahoots Gang
Mar 20, 2007 5:50pm
Thread Board
The wonderful thing about random/surprise postals is that they can be of absolutely anything. So carve what you want, and if you want to launch it as a random postal, contact me via AQ mail. Some people have even sent out stamps from rings that come home with a few empty logbook pages.

Also, if you want to be on the list to potentially receive random postals, contact me as well. :)

TG
Re: Retirement party!
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #79671 by dewberry
Mar 20, 2007 5:51pm
Thread Board
Quote I think I'll replant it somewhere else with an updated carving of the same subject (Dragonfly tre), so that new boxers can see that we all start out the same.

I think this is an awesome idea, thanks for sharing it with us *thinking to self how vast I have changed in 6 months with using new carving medium*
six stars