Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: I must have a dirty mind...
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #76977 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 8, 2007 6:56pm
Thread Board
I am thinking that they knew Exactly what they were doing...
D
Re: NCAA Party
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #76800 by WINK
Mar 8, 2007 6:59pm
Thread Board
<<<<I know Joe (The Coach). I also played Baseball there yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaars ago.>>>

Very cool! Did you read my post a while ago about why I am a fan of West Virginia? I went to highschool with Coach Beilein @ Newfane befor he transfered. He doesn't know me but I watched him play when I was still in Jr. High. He probably knows my older brother who was our star center in 1967-68.

Do you still play baseball or softball??

Stormcrow
Re: 3x4 plastic bags
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #76976 by Shadohart
Mar 8, 2007 7:00pm
Thread Board
Michaels. Near the bead crafting stuff. There's all sorts of sizes--some smaller than that, some larger.

I'm sure AC Moore or Hobby Lobby would have them too.

Knit Wit
Re: Cootie Call
Reply to: #76858 by the pink dragon
Mar 8, 2007 7:03pm
Thread Board
Quote make sure yall bring some to waxhaw too! i feel cootie deprived atm :P

Just posted 12 of them for our little Waxhaw gathering. What camp site did you say you were in???
julie***rubbing her evil hands together***
Re: Wine/Boxing Blog--Wine Box etc
Board: State: California
Reply to: #76931 by deniserows
Mar 8, 2007 7:08pm
Thread Board
<I have planned 2 wineboxes for Alameda. Both near wineries.>

Cool! Boxes where I don't even have to leave the island! I only know of one winery in town..... Hmm, a mystery.

-- Princess Lea
Containers was Re: Cootie Call
Reply to: #76904 by The Phoenix
Mar 8, 2007 7:09pm
Thread Board
We did not include logs in the cooties we made for DSS, and I have to admit the kids wanted to move them so fast, that I think there are some I didn't even have a chance to log in to before they snatched them and were on their way to cootie another.....
Re: 3x4 plastic bags
Reply to: #76976 by Shadohart
Mar 8, 2007 7:12pm
Thread Board
They are 50% off at Hobby Lobby this week.
http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/specials/specials.cfm

Also, you can get 40% off of any one regularly priced item with the coupon from the link below:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/2007week10.gif

Hope you can catch it!

(The 40% coupon runs pretty regularly every two weeks.)

Take care,
Mama Cache
Re: Trading TB's and Geocoins
Board: Geocaching and Other Stashing Games
Reply to: #76436 by JennieGee
Mar 8, 2007 7:27pm
Thread Board
We would be glad to place any TBs or geocoins that want to cross the border and head south! We own a couple of local TB hotels...

TBC
A backyardigans postal
Board: Postals
Mar 8, 2007 7:44pm
Thread Board
Okay, I know I'm not the only one out there with a young child, so in dedication to our young children who can watch a television show over and over a thousand times, I'm starting a backyardigans postal. The way to get in: list the five backyardigans names and what they are. First 11 people to tell me will get to help honor our children. The postal will start in May or June!

A bug causing trouble
Re: Red River Mini-gathering
Board: State: Louisiana
Reply to: #76957 by Mama Cache
Mar 8, 2007 7:48pm
Thread Board
i have a box planted there that has gone missing, so i will be looking for it.
if i can't find it, i will be replacing it and planting a few others.

i hope to have a wonderful time.
david (team new hampshire)
http://teamnewhampshire.blogspot.com
Ok, not really about letterboxing, but...
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Mar 8, 2007 7:51pm
Thread Board
I have an 11 month old. He has co-slept with us since he was born, which was great for quite a while, but also not so great for quite a while. Tonight I decided, that's it kid, you are being ferberized. It took less than 20 minutes! What the hell was I thinking, why oh why did I wait this long? It takes me longer to put him to sleep in our bed half the time! I feel like a new woman. I know this isn't over, he'll probably wake up multiple times tonight, but I'm tough, I can take it, he is staying in that crib! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am just so amazed it took so little time, I had to share. (He is all scrunched up at the end of his crib, laying on top a teddy bear.)

Piper Paws
Re: Ok, not really about letterboxing, but...
Reply to: #76989 by Piper Paws
Mar 8, 2007 8:02pm
Thread Board
<Tonight I decided, that's it kid, you are being ferberized>

My daughter is 6 months and was waking every 3-4 hours. Her pediatrician said she should be able to sleep 9-10 hours at at stretch. The first night when she woke up we patted her and told her to go back to sleep. She cried for an hour. The second night it was only 20 minutes. Since then she's been sleeping 8-9 hours. Good enough for me! I'm sleeping much better now too! What were we thinking?! Now I won't be too tired to go letterboxing!

ht
Re: Am I the first?
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #76829 by Sprite and Highlander
Mar 8, 2007 8:02pm
Thread Board
My Smartboard is on it's way. It should be installed right after spring break. It's taking the place of my white board and I'm thrilled!@

Maiden
OPEN: Going on a Picnic
Mar 8, 2007 8:03pm
Thread Board
Let's all go on a picnic. I'll bring the basket. You bring the rest:) Sign up for this PLB ring which begins August 1.
Re: OPEN: I am the Walrus Single PLB
Reply to: #76959 by Shenyd
Mar 8, 2007 8:09pm
Thread Board
Darn it, I missed it! And I had wanted to be part of the ring, too. I didn't sign up because of being new to the whole postal thing. Oh, well. Another lesson learned.

FG
Mar 8, 2007 8:25pm
Thread Board
I Ferberized my daughter 8 1/2 years ago! She would wake every 2 hours to nurse! I was a ZOMBIE!! It was the best thing I did. You will have a few set backs, but remain consistent and it will work. BTW - my girl will still sleep between 10 - 12 hours..... now my husband's snoring and the dog's tossing wake me. Have you seen a Ferber method for that? ; )

T. of
Thethreecs
Re: Change the number in a series
Reply to: #76958 by Shenyd
Mar 8, 2007 8:25pm
Thread Board
Quote Well, I made a new tracker and added my LB. Now, I can't get rid of that second Series.

You use the "delete" button in the upper-right corner of the box details page. It'll let you choose *which* boxes of the series to delete--not just delete the whole series. =)

I've gone ahead and done it for you, but for future reference, that's your button. *nodding*

-- Ryan
Re: A backyardigans postal
Reply to: #76986 by Trouble Bug
Mar 8, 2007 8:34pm
Thread Board
I would love to join...but can't. My 3 kiddos love the Backyardigans...and...I admit...I frequently get their songs stuck in my head...

"Float...Flutter...Fly........."
"Secret....secret agent...."
"I love being a princess...I love being a princess...."

Their favorite episodes are "Soccer Monster" and "Tower of Power".

There's only one thing about the show that bugs the crap out of me....Can anyone tell me exactly WHAT IS Uniqua? Tyrone is a moose...Pablo's a penquin...Austin's a kangaroo...and Tasha is a hippo. Uniqua looks like a spotted pink alien. What the heck?!

D5 Mama
Warm weekend!
Board: State: Wisconsin
Mar 8, 2007 8:41pm
Thread Board
It's supposed to be 43 degrees in Milwaukee this weekend!!! :) I may have to go find a box or two...

LG.
Re: Warm weekend!
Board: State: Wisconsin
Reply to: #76999 by LibraryGrrl
Mar 8, 2007 8:42pm
Thread Board
You sending that our way??

dewdrop (ME)~been in the single digits for the last three days~
Reply to: #76995 by thethreecs
Mar 8, 2007 8:44pm
Thread Board
I just gotta say that I never in my life heard the term "ferberized" before this thread. I learned something new today!

Quote ..... now my husband's snoring and the dog's tossing wake me. Have you seen a Ferber method for that? ; )

Now I think Ferber would be a really good name for a dog...

pre
Reply to: #77001 by preboxed
Mar 8, 2007 8:57pm
Thread Board
way to go!! enjoy your sleep!!!!!!!!!
Holy macaroni!
Board: Ryan's a Total Goober
Mar 8, 2007 9:20pm
Thread Board
A spot bot actually got a link pushed through to the administrator board that it shouldn't have! *grumbling* Deleted that post real quick (within minutes), but the two admins probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to click through to them anyhow. =) Fixed THAT particular problem, though. They won't be getting in that way anymore. For those who are wondering how a spam bot managed to get a post on the admin board--that's where messages go when you use the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of each page. Messages to Green Tortuga go to my AQ mail, and the other messages go to the appropriate board for moderators and admins or whatever is selected. It's not a very productive place to spam since so few people have access to those boards, but those spam bots are insidious. *shaking head*

I might have to start generating those little graphics with distorted letters in them that people have to type before letting messages through if spam starts becoming a problem on the boards. *grumbling* It's bound to happen eventually as the site grows, but it still annoys me. I hate those little "challenge" questions. But that particular spam bot actually managed to "hack" AQ by getting in a link it wasn't supposed to. That REALLY ticks me off! *grumbling* Don't worry--I use the term "hack"rather loosely here. Not like any personal information was stolen or any of your systems were infected by viruses or anything.

Just a SHOCKING discovery on my part that I needed to get fixed, but no damage done. =)

-- Ryan
Re: OPEN: Going on a Picnic
Reply to: #76992 by Shoafsters
Mar 8, 2007 9:27pm
Thread Board
Quote Let's all go on a picnic. I'll bring the basket. You bring the rest:) Sign up for this PLB ring which begins August 1.

I really can't commit to something that far out, but geez, I really want to enter the ants. They go marching two by two, hurrah, hurrah. So, I'm hoping someone does do an ant. :-)

Sounds like a very fun ring!
Warning: Proud Mamma ahead!
Mar 8, 2007 9:27pm
Thread Board
Ok, just had to share... my E-bug (4) carved his very first stamp today! THe very first one, I drew a heart and he carved with my hand over his. Once he got the hang of it, he drew a picture of Obi-Wan and I transferred the image to some mastercarve. We pinched the end of a pencil and he carved it by himself... with mommy sitting next to him but not helping!

I've uploaded it to my photo album...
http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=292

Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but gosh darnit I'm proud of my little bug!!

~HP~beaming with Mommy Love
Hello, Nebraskians.....
Board: State: Nebraska
Mar 8, 2007 9:35pm
Thread Board
Is that the correct term? Nebraskians? I don't really know. =)

In any case..... I was thinking about visiting your fine state the first week of May. Omaha area. Can't say I'm very familiar with the area, though, and would love to meet up with a few letterboxers if there are any out there. =)

-- Ryan
Re: Warning: Proud Mamma ahead!
Reply to: #77007 by Pi
Mar 8, 2007 9:44pm
Thread Board
Awwww-some! ;)

I hope he'll be stamping into postals with you from now on. I'd love to have Obi-Wan in my logbook!
Re: Warning: Proud Mamma ahead!
Reply to: #77007 by Pi
Mar 8, 2007 9:46pm
Thread Board
Quote with mommy sitting next to him but not helping!

That's always the hardest part for me -- not "helping".

Cngrats on your little letterboxer!

I love his Obi-Wan!!

AGJ
Mar 8, 2007 10:50pm
Thread Board
Imagine my suprise when I realized I used the Ferber Method on my second, third, and fouth child with out ever reading it in a book... I thought I came up with it myself... hmm? I guess I should have written a book! but then it wouldn't have had such and intresting sounding name now would it of.
congratulations on a great start how your sleeping habits improve for the sake of good letterboxing! lol
Cherith
Up Up And Away has gone missing ; (
Board: State: California
Mar 9, 2007 12:03am
Thread Board
Just for everyone's general info- Up Up and Away is out flying a new mission NOT comissioned by 'MOM'RAD or what ever they call it....i am sadden by its sudden choice to move on...but then maybe it is offering me the opportunity to grow and see it as a learning experience to carve a stamp that belong to that place , like it is a part of it....no way it will want to move. I can't wait to get back out there and find that one place , thing, time the inspiration that will tell me exactly what to do.....thanks everyone for knowing that I amnot a kook for know that that place exeists and it will come to me soon. I will keep you posted about the status of Up Up and Away ....but for now it it MISSING : (

Happy hunting enjoy thejourney,
teekasue