Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Patches
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #73361 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 20, 2007 7:07pm
Thread Board
I perspnally prefer to sew them on, but iron ons can be sewn on. Please let me know if you create or have a patch made up. I would be interested in purchasing a couple.
OG
Re: need a good laugh?
Board: Miscellaneous Oddities
Reply to: #73442 by Naturegirl
Feb 20, 2007 7:13pm
Thread Board
Funnier than my sister in law who "cheeps" at the end of her sneezes.
Chickadee
Re: F-Count on AQ
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #73434 by Green Tortuga
Feb 20, 2007 7:14pm
Thread Board
Thanks GT, I knew it had to be somewhere *sigh* I keep looking in the glossary but totally forgetting about the FAQ... ah, well that is why they are called stupid questions right?
Re: I say Iowa, you say.....
Reply to: #73435 by Nurse Wanderseek
Feb 20, 2007 7:14pm
Thread Board
....you owe ME.
Re: "Stone Soup" for the Hoosier Heart Gathering
Board: State: Indiana
Reply to: #73336 by Jabber
Feb 20, 2007 7:19pm
Thread Board
Quote If you bring cheesecake, we will eat it.

I second that motion! Yum, cheesecake!

~J
JBBK2006 *licking lips and rubbing tummy hoping nobody is watching*
Re: Seeing Double
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #73414 by Romana
Feb 20, 2007 7:21pm
Thread Board
Quote one is brand new today, the other has been a member since january 2007.... neither of these are our real dixie...

I realize this... just stirring up trouble again... ;)
Re: slight delay
Board: Postals
Reply to: #73440 by LibraryGrrl
Feb 20, 2007 7:22pm
Thread Board
I hope you feel better soon:)

I hate ear aches:(

Trish:)
Feb 20, 2007 7:27pm
Thread Board
Riley?!?
Feb 20, 2007 7:33pm
Thread Board
You owe what?
Huntin Tupperware photos
Board: Event News and Planning
Feb 20, 2007 7:40pm
Board
For anyone that has viewed these, plese understand that "The Pirate" is not my "trailstick." My son didn't want to wear a nametag, and I figured he would usually be around me, so I drew the arrow to him. (he's little.)

My trailstick could not even WEAR an eyepatch. He only HAS on eye. He wouldn't be able to see. (he's not so little) (that's my story and I'm stickin to it)

Mr. Yuk (who is contemplating getting his son to change his trailname to something like Gigantor.)
Re: Guess what I did today!
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #73334 by Traveling Chicklets
Feb 20, 2007 7:43pm
Thread Board
I'm really excited about this box, and hope it goes over well......but, I think i might have bitten off a little more than I can chew with the stamp! LOL!!!!

We'll see! Stampeaz, here I come!!!! ;)

moonshowr
New logbook making tutorial!
Board: Logbook Logistics
Feb 20, 2007 7:45pm
Thread Board
This just in! Brought to you by Lighting the Way and Dunhom5, how to make your own logbook tutorial. =)

http://www.atlasquest.com//tutorials/logbooks/codex/

I should point out--there are a LOT of different ways to make a logbook, so I put this into its own directory named after the type of binding it uses (codex). I can add a lot more types of bindings if you prefer something else. Ideally, I'd love to see a whole collection of different types of logbooks one can create.

If you have any questions about this tutorial or how to make logbooks, you should post to the Logbook Logistics board rather than this one.

Happy trails!

-- Ryan
Re: New logbook making tutorial!
Reply to: #73459 by Green Tortuga
Feb 20, 2007 7:49pm
Thread Board
Oops.... Typed the URL in wrong (though it still seemed to work when I clicked it!). The correct URL is http://www.atlasquest.com/tutorials/logbooks/codex/

-- Ryan
Re: Tutorials..
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #72428 by Green Tortuga
Feb 20, 2007 8:02pm
Thread Board
I think I might have some random thoughts to add re:urban/camo 'boxes..and "alternatives" to (minie!) logbook making, and some others I mighta forgotten just now..oooh like hiding spots ...such as "can you spot the box" examples...

Anyway..Work just went POOF on me, so will sit down and type (pictures are an "issue" for me...but I'll see what I can do)....soon as I can!

pre
(not being flakey...just "gainfully employed at Busy Season" grrrrrrr
Re: New logbook making tutorial!
Reply to: #73460 by Green Tortuga
Feb 20, 2007 8:02pm
Thread Board
Thanx. going to do one right now
Re: need a good laugh?
Reply to: #73442 by Naturegirl
Feb 20, 2007 8:06pm
Thread Board
Wow!!!! Now That is funny! Definitly worth the wait to get through the opening! My ribs hurt from lauging! Thanks for the pick me up!
chadams
Re: Newbie questions about logbooks + containers for cooties
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #73436 by preboxed
Feb 20, 2007 8:07pm
Thread Board
you're welcome
Re: Seeing Double
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #73414 by Romana
Feb 20, 2007 8:13pm
Thread Board
She has vacated the area for the safety of Iran also...BR1
Re: Tutorials..
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #73461 by preboxed
Feb 20, 2007 8:16pm
Thread Board
Pre is VERY good at making sneaky little hidey boxes (trust me, I know!)... she is the ideal person for an urban camo tutorial.

murmur
Let me pose a scenario...
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Feb 20, 2007 8:32pm
Thread Board
I have a scenario I was wondering how to handle. I have got my girlfriend into carving ( Lady Lilac) and she is carving stamps to plant in traditional boxes. I am sure I will be going along with her to plant her boxes. She will be doing the planing I will just be there for moral support and saftey/guardian/companionship reasons. We have seperate trail names and I dont see the need to change that. That being said how would you handle me "finding" her boxes, or are they off limits cause I was there for the planting. I know some people take great pride in being first finders *coughcoughthepheonixcoughcough* :-) I would never want to take that away from people by listing myself as a first finder but would iI have to come back after a first finder to the officially log my find. would I pre stamp my image in anticipation of my find (I am prettty sure no on that one) to not actually have to phyicically go back? Or am i never allowed to find it? How do others out there handle these situations? I am sure I am not the only one who has been in this situation.

Thanks Looking forward to everyones answers.

chadams
Reply to: #73454 by Kaaren the Vampire Slayer
Feb 20, 2007 8:32pm
Thread Board
This just made me smile and smile!
Reply to: #73469 by AnthroGradJess
Feb 20, 2007 8:33pm
Thread Board
laf and laf :-)
Re: Let me pose a scenario...
Reply to: #73468 by chadams
Feb 20, 2007 8:37pm
Thread Board
Umm, I have the same situation going on, and we just plant them together and both take credit for the plant by marking one of us as the carver and one as the author. I suppose you could find a box if you weren't around for her planting it, and vice versa.

Just my two-cents.
Re: Oh, THAT Wally World!
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #73439 by MO UR4Me
Feb 20, 2007 8:39pm
Thread Board
In Denver there is a large water amusement park called Hyland Hills Water World and the kids part is called Wally World. Wally is a large walrus mascot that spits water onto unsuspecting small children.

So, out here in the west you can really go to Wally World (both in the amusement park/water park sense and the sprawling megastore sense)

Yeah Colorado,

AGJ
Feb 20, 2007 8:41pm
Thread Board
I suppose that depends on if you are a "numbers" person. I would not count it as a find if I was there for the planting because it seems that would totally miss the point of "finding." I would definitely get an imprint in my logbook, and maybe even stamp into the box's book as a "co-planter" or something, but not claim the find or the "FF" status for sure.

That's just what I would do.
Reply to: #73454 by Kaaren the Vampire Slayer
Feb 20, 2007 8:41pm
Thread Board
Quote Riley?!?

*snorts* hehehehe...
*sigh* I wonder how many people besides us get that, Kaaren? :D

CQ
Reply to: #73471 by Mr Yuk
Feb 20, 2007 8:52pm
Thread Board
We have the same thing in our family. Three trail names: one for myself and one for each of the two kiddos. I plant with my children (they help carve, camo boxes, find spots, etc). Only two people get planting credit. We don't usually let the third party count it as a find because our whole family knows where the box is. If there isn't any hunting or true "finding" happening, it probably shouldn't be included in an "f" count. Happy boxing,
In Cahoots Gang
Feb 20, 2007 8:55pm
Thread Board
I wrote out a whole long explanation...and realized it made little sense, so let me pose it in the form of a story.

Suzie Q Boxer and Mary Jane Stamper go out on a long day of boxing. Suzie Q likes to plant on trips as well, and Mary Jane is frequently along. Suzie Q finds a spot to plant her letterbox, and offers Mary Jane the opportunity to stamp in. Why not? Why make Mary Jane take another long trip when she's right there?

Mary Jane stamps her logbook, and stamps into the lb's log, notating by her siggy stamp and the date that she was 'along for the plant'. She doesn't plan to take FF credit, and any FF prizes are repackaged before the box is planted.

Once Suzie Q and Mary Jane return home, Suzie Q lists the lb on AQ, complete with clues, etc. Mary Jane tags the box to watch, but does not log the find. Mary Jane waits until the box is found, and notices the day she sees THE_First Finder log the box as a find. At this point, both Suzie and Mary Jane know the box has been found, and Mary Jane now logs her find on the original plant date.

Thus ends my little story lesson. It makes more sense that way than just trying to explain it...lol

That's what I offer to those with me on a plant, and everyone (so far, knock wood) has be gracious enough to honor my wishes regarding logging the find. That way, I get the plant, and they get a stamp to add to their F count.

Hope that helps.

Jenni P McD
Reply to: #73474 by Celtic Quinn
Feb 20, 2007 8:55pm
Thread Board
Quote *snorts* hehehehe...
*sigh* I wonder how many people besides us get that, Kaaren? :D

I am on board - even if he's not my favorite beau.....

AGJ
Reply to: #73476 by Jenni P McD
Feb 20, 2007 9:01pm
Thread Board
I should probably also point out that anyone along for the plant usually has no part in the creation of the letterbox, the clues, etc. They may help scout an area a bit, but generally this is my individual letterbox, and I would have planted it, with or without the extra boxers along. So, giving them planter or author status isn't correct in this sense. It's *not* their letterbox in any way. They just happen to be there when I stuck the lock n lock in a hidey hole.

So, I say give them the F count...after it has its more traditional FF. :-)

JPMcD