Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
I completely agree :) I do not doubt Wassa has found the Lonely Seagull (my posts have truly been in jest) and I know that I have not yet (without really any trying). But, I am willing to do a little wager. I am guessing I will solve Lonely Seagull...
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Virginia
We appreciate you coming to our area to box. Hope you had a fun time here and congrats on your new milestone.
by The Wolf FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
No information as to which clue they wanted. Then why assume it's your WOM clue? P count the WOM box and then respond, "Which of my boxes are you referring to?" *evil grin*
by KryssiellaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Ack! I am so psyched for this season!!! It is going to be the best ever. Can't wait for the feeds to go live in about 10 minutes. :-) Yep... I'm a superfan who subscribes to the lives feeds... but with the duos they brought back... how could I not??
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Prayer and Healing
Yes! Hope you had a good day! Congrats!
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
Happy cake day Songbird!
by Goofy girlProfileContactLogbookNote
what? "not met any of these people" Anyone who hasn't met Goofy girl please raise your hand...
by Mighty Oaks of BarlowProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Oregon
Thanks! I'm so glad you noticed my cake. Last year I didn't see it and this year ... I've been otherwise occupied. I'm glad I don't have to go three years before seeing my cake! Yes! Here's to having way more fun this year.
by Mama Huntin DogProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Ohio
So sorry for your loss, Kurt and Christy! Praying for you and the rest of your family.
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
I am willing to carve any stamp image he chooses for me if I lose the bet or am open to some other type of wager. Hmmmm... am I being set up here? Have you already solved it and you're gonna wait to spring it on me? Aw heck... you're on, Jeff!!
by The hicks from the sticksProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: AQ Book Club Main Board
I am more than half way through this one after picking it up this afternoon. It is a quick read. But I am having a hard time keeping the characters straight. Reading it did make me hungry. LOL I found 3 recipes that I have to try out for sure very...
by MaidenProfileContactLogbookNote
I've had requests just like this. I either ignore them or write back asking for further information like what box are they referring to. 9 times out of 10 they never respond to that email.
I will vouch that Wassa actually solved the box and found it.. first person to actually solve the clue!
You two are making my night. As I sit here in the full throws of pneumonia, I come upon this and went from complete misery to utter glee. Thank you!!!
by zess the treehuggersProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Oh, bummer! But the good news is, you'll be here tomorrow!!! :-)
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
As I sit here in the full throws of pneumonia, I come upon this and went from complete misery to utter glee. We're here to help! Get well soon, Dear Maiden!!
Yes, Maiden please get better - pneumonia be gone!!! Wassa, I have not solved it - but will certainly put energy into doing so now! As for your challenge - I hope you solve that one as it seems a doozy that needs some attention!!! Jeff
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
I carved my first signature stamp on an eraser. It is doing what erasers do; flakes off a little bit each time I ink it. I recarved my signature stamp last night. I used the white material from Stampeaz. It seemed a little more difficult to carve,...
Board: Miscellaneous Oddities
We have it all over in the PNW. We saw lots of it yesterday while hiking along the south coast in Washington.
I use a very good magnifier and light combo (Ott Light) and a reversed 1v Staedtler, which allows me to make some decent lettering, probably down to 9 or 10 point pretty clearly. The magnification allows me to see the image's light or dark edges more...
by RomanaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Region: Midwest
Hi! Welcome to letterboxing! I see you're starting off right by looking things up and carving your own stamp. Good for you! We've got a good group here who are always willing to answer questions, especially on the stupid questions board. About hitchh...
by frykittyProfileContactLogbookNote
I also take off my glasses for close work, and I can tell you for sure, a mag/light combo makes a huge difference. You won't believe how much more you can see.
by ElectricMedicProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe this will help. Medic PS...since creating that post, he has added a mini steadler and a reverse steadler, both available at Stampeaze.
by IrishRefProfileContactLogbookNote
You of course don't have to take a hitchhiker just because it is in the letterbox. If you do you are agreeing to leave it in another letterbox. When you get to the other letterbox, you stamp the hh into that boxes logbook. You also stamp the box s...
by roly-poliesProfileContactLogbookNote
Hi, You are close to me. I'm sending you an AQ mail with some info. Welcome! roly-polies
by Redefining NormalProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
I guess it depends on where you're planting. I have a series of 5 boxes planted on a one-mile loop in a park. The loop takes you into a wooded area where the trails twist and turn and criss cross so much you feel like you're in a maze. Planting 5 boxes...
by ASL GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Funny Pages
I'd have to agree with you there, speedsquare! After reading the entire article, I'm not sure I can buy the amnesia defense either. Hopefully this student DID learn a lesson. Yikes. Scary stuff! ASL Girl
by Tri-Colored PawsProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Yakking It Up
Does anyone have any experience with bikes and letterboxing? I'd like to buy a bike but I'm not sure which type would be the best. My first guess is a mountain bike for hitting trails but I don't want to limit myself. There are some really nice "peddle...
by WiseMamaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
My sleepy dragon has come home from the Phee McFaddell ring. I would like to fill up this logbook before I create a new one and turn him into a traditional. I am asking for speedy turn around time (less than the normal 5-7 days) so I can get him back...
by Boots TexProfileContactLogbookNote
I carve with an X-acto knife and I get very good detail. I use a lighted magnifying glass and I couldn't carve without it. The difference is astounding and I highly recommend it.