Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Happy AQ anniversary, Dartmoorseeker!
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #597106 by LyssaGirl
Apr 4, 2011 12:02pm
Thread Board
Wow a whole year already. Happy anniversary, Dartmoorseeker!!! Hope your week gets better. Just think Easter break and then summer break is just around the corner.
Re: Thanks, OpticQuest
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #596897 by karmakat
Apr 4, 2011 12:06pm
Thread Board
Yes! I wanted to contribute in some way since I work Saturdays and cant ever attend the events. I would have hidden more eggs to 'hunt' but yesterday was my only day to plant before Saturday. Hope you enjoy!
Re: Gas Prices... dang!
Board: State: Tennessee
Reply to: #597108 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 12:06pm
Thread Board
Hey Sarcasmo, can you be in Maryville on May 7th?
Re: Movies that led you to books
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #597123 by Woman to Blame
Apr 4, 2011 12:10pm
Thread Board
Generally speaking, the book is better, regardless of which one comes first.

A few exceptions that leap to mind: The Godfather and The Bad Beginning ( A Series of Unfortunate Events: Book 1 -- the ending to the first book is particularly implausible on so many levels I don't know where to start).
Re: Gas Prices... dang!
Board: State: Tennessee
Reply to: #597126 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 12:12pm
Thread Board
I'd love to get the 43, but i've got prior commitments all the way up May (Friday) 13th!
Re: Happy AQversary, koalacat
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #597014 by PapaSolo
Apr 4, 2011 12:18pm
Thread Board
Many happy returns of the day, koalacat!

--Donkey and Penguin,
who are currently enjoying the Sarasota sunshine but coming to realize that SE Michigan is *way* better for boxing
March 31-april 2nd trail conditions.
Board: The Buckeye Trail
Apr 4, 2011 12:23pm
Thread Board
We just completed another 42 miles this weekend. We began at the Clermont Sun newspaper office in Batavia thursday morning and finished 12 miles later in Milford. We then started at the Army Corps of engineers office in East Fork and walked another 6.5 miles to Batavia.

Day two was a grueling 20 mile walk on the BT/Steven Neuman trail through East Fork beginning at point 11 and ending at the Army office. We arrived just after dark. Any one who has attended any of the boxing/caching events at the park will know the area well. The trail was mostly wet horse mud all the way. 20 of these miles equals 30 miles in flat lands.

Day 3 was a short 3 mile muddy jaunt from point 9 to point 11. This joins two major segments that I've completed so far. I'm finished from Peebles to Lockington and am 1.4 miles short of the 700 mile mark and 20 short of the half-way point.

We completed day three by joining the trail maintenance crew on some trail clearing. I grubbed out a few multi-fora rose bushes leaving a wider area for the horses to mess up.

One of my hike group will be up north walking across a section later this month on a portion that I finished last spring. I will join him on the leg between Spencer wildlife area and Brecksville and will attempt to complete the 50 mile Akron section too.

A young reporter gal interviewed us in Batavia and drove out to photograph us on a back country road later that day. Look for us in the Clermont Sun, a weekly paper due Thursday.
Re: Recruiting Icon & Member Whistles
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #597042 by Okie Dog
Apr 4, 2011 12:27pm
Thread Board
, no need for Ryan to be involved, unless he wants to do it..

Ryan needs to be involved. We must keep him happy or you know who will take over the world.
Re: Episode 26 of Letterpod available.
Board: Letterpods: Hear Here!
Reply to: #596775 by Hart x6
Thread Board
No worries, we all do that! We usually aren't being recorded when we do it though.
Re: Happy AQversary, koalacat
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #597135 by Dawnkey
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day Koalacat!!! I'll get to meet you one of these days!

Donkey and Penguin - I'm alittle jealous, but we will be down there in that area in a couple of weeks, too. Looking forward to boxing in the sun and warmth....

-4eyes
Salisbury Beach Box is Back!
Board: State: Massachusetts
Apr 4, 2011 12:36pm
Thread Board
Thanks to a "Good Samaritan" (non-boxer) who found it, my "A Day at the Beach" LB at the Salisbury Beach State Reservation has been replanted. I have updated clue to reflect this. She went out of her way to research letter-boxing and AQ at her library, contact me, and put the box back where the clue indicated. She is thinking of trying the hobby herself! I had given it up as gone for good! It's great to know that even someone from outside the hobby would help out in this way!
Re: Today Is A Horrible Day.
Reply to: #597093 by dartmoorseeker
Apr 4, 2011 12:46pm
Thread Board
i hope when you get home, you have a WONDERFUL evening!! :)
Re: Today Is A Horrible Day.
Reply to: #597119 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 12:48pm
Thread Board
What is a nerd to do??

You go to school, just to become a teacher, so you CAN have homework, and testing... and you can still buy school supplies for yourself!! (best part ever!!)

:)
Re: 1965 Cicada invasion, Ohio
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #597128 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 12:49pm
Thread Board
I remember them, they were everywhere when I was walking to school. The kids were playing with them.
Apr 4, 2011 12:51pm
Thread Board
Happy AQversary! Hope you get to go box today!
Re: Great Easter Egg Hunt of 2011
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #597086 by BBStacker
Apr 4, 2011 12:57pm
Thread Board
I haven't even carved mine yet. I was thinking of attempting one of the Feberge Eggs but wasn't sure if I'd have the time. Life has been hectic!
Scentsy
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Apr 4, 2011 1:00pm
Thread Board
Anyone use or have the Scentsy warmers? I am very interested and was looking for feedback. The hardest part is deciding which one to get.

~Aurora
Family Fun again
Apr 4, 2011 1:01pm
Thread Board
I was reading the recent issue of Family Fun and once again Letterboxing was offered as a way to get your kids to enjoy the outdoors.

~Aurora
Re: WOWZA...that was epic
Board: Postals
Reply to: #597110 by Sweet n Sassy
Apr 4, 2011 1:02pm
Thread Board
I have my Robin Hood from that ring, would you like me to send him your way?
Re: Scentsy
Reply to: #597146 by The hicks from the sticks
Apr 4, 2011 1:04pm
Thread Board
Anyone use or have the Scentsy warmers?

My daughter sells them. Can't say I've nabbed any as of yet but I still have the flame one kicking around. Need to burn those up first.

Tri-Colored Paws
Re: Scentsy
Reply to: #597146 by The hicks from the sticks
Apr 4, 2011 1:07pm
Thread Board
I have a very good friend who sells Scentsy........
here's her web page if you want to scope some out.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ashleyemartin.scentsy.us%2F&h=911ce
Re: Family Fun again
Reply to: #597147 by The hicks from the sticks
Apr 4, 2011 1:17pm
Thread Board
I saw it, too! It's a small mention this time - one of five ways to get your family outside after winter. Directs people to letterboxing.org.

-AG
Re: Are you game?
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #597098 by Inky Jedi
Apr 4, 2011 1:22pm
Thread Board
I highly suggest jumping on this one....only wish I could...
Re: 'Midnight Madness' scavenger/clue hunt movie
Reply to: #583883 by paper trail
Apr 4, 2011 1:22pm
Thread Board
Ok, so I checked this out at my local library and we are going to watch it tonight. The question is, is it appropriate for my grade school daughter to watch? The rating is PG but there are some PG movies I'd let my daughter watch and some I won't. What's the worst kind of stuff that happens in this movie?

//Edited to add://

Found this quote on IMDB:

Bratty kid: [looking through telescope at a girl getting undressed in window] If I'm lucky, I may get a view of Venus' two moons.
Adam: [pointing at the sky in the other direction] Hey, Einstein - isn't Venus over there?

Is there nudity? It's a definite no if there's nudity!
Re: Great Easter Egg Hunt of 2011
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #597145 by Dizzy
Apr 4, 2011 1:24pm
Thread Board
I was thinking of attempting one of the Feberge Eggs

That would be a real challenge for me. Good luck. I settled for something cute that was more fun than work.
RIP Dragon the betta
Board: Critter Corner
Apr 4, 2011 1:30pm
Thread Board
Dragon, our betta (Siamese Fighting Fish) passed away this morning. He was about 4 years old, so he was getting elderly. The kids are pretty upset. :(

dp
Re: Top Shot 3/29/11
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #596943 by Fluffy Cow
Apr 4, 2011 1:49pm
Thread Board
Shiloh said:
Charlie would have an accidental discharge

Fluffy Cow said:
*snicker*
I'll leave it up to someone else to make a comment.

Pahahahaha! I laughed so hard, I couldn't think of a witty comment! (still can't) lol!

~J
Re: 'Midnight Madness' scavenger/clue hunt movie
Reply to: #597153 by Dizzy
Apr 4, 2011 1:54pm
Thread Board
Go here:

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/

Type in the name of the movie, and it'll tell you everything you need to know about language, sex, etc. A great site.
Apr 4, 2011 1:55pm
Thread Board
you know that means *****Throws confetti, releases balloons, and rolls out the cake*****

GG
Clues to food
Board: Food For Thought
Apr 4, 2011 2:04pm
Thread Board
I ordered my book on Wednesday. The website said it would ve 2 weeks. I recieved it Saturday.

WOoooooooOOOW. That was fast. Glad I did not pay express. Wonder if superman would have brought it next day?