A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Looking for Mentor
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #507764 by wassamatta u
Apr 19, 2010 11:36am
Thread Board
does that mean when I drop you into a bottle of Diet Coke you will spurt all over the place?

I think you meant snort ™

p.s. I won't fit in a bottle of Coke, Diet or otherwise.

pre :-)
doesn't mind...very well
Re: LBCON II Request for Proposals
Board: LB CON 2 Planning Committee
Reply to: #507732 by MO UR4Me
Apr 19, 2010 11:37am
Thread Board
Do we need to post this on every single state board (or 48 of them), or is this good enough?

I think it deserves mention on Letterbox Chatter, and please don't forget about some of the Canadian boards (esp Ontario and BC).
Re: Birthday LTCs
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #507762 by Mama Marge
Apr 19, 2010 11:38am
Thread Board
I think this sounds like fun!

Celestini
Reply to: #507759 by shiloh
Apr 19, 2010 11:40am
Thread Board
I think just about everyone watches the NC board. :)

Some with a kinda one-eyed leery, WTF sorta way, but watched nontheless...

pre :-)
teasing
Reply to: #507766 by Fiddleheads
Apr 19, 2010 11:41am
Thread Board
Do we need to post this on every single state board (or 48 of them), or is this good enough?

I think it deserves mention on Letterbox Chatter

I would also put it on the main "Atlas Quest" board... by default EVERYONE gets that one.
Re: Welcome!
Board: The Buckeye Trail
Reply to: #502077 by Pioneer Spirit
Apr 19, 2010 11:43am
Thread Board
Wanda of Wanda and Pete had been invited to join the group. I heard she is planning on hiking the trail soon.
LB CON II proposals now being accepted!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Apr 19, 2010 11:50am
Thread Board
The LB CON 2009 Committee is now accepting proposals for the next LBCON (2012? 2013?).
Cities interested in hosting next LB CON should review the guidelines and information at
http://www.letterboxingcon.info/proposals.htm and submit their proposal by June 2010 to MOUR4Me@IntegriTivity.com.
(Please do not submit a proposal for someone else's city without their permission!)
Re: Find Letterboxer?
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #507751 by Eidolon
Apr 19, 2010 11:50am
Thread Board
< theory >

That is my favorite tag ever!!!! =)

-- Ryan
WWhat should i serve with lasagna?
Board: Food For Thought
Apr 19, 2010 11:52am
Thread Board
Having a family party this weekend and am serving lasagna, salad and garlic bread

Any other thoughts on what I should have?
Re: Pavarti?
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #507763 by Mama Marge
Apr 19, 2010 12:00pm
Thread Board
I tell you--if Russell finds out Pavarti has an immunity idol--he's going to go ballistic on her! He thinks she's wrapped around his little finger, and he's going to be none too happy when he figures out she's playing him.

And if I were anyone else on the team and knew about that idol, I'd happily throw her under the bus by 'accidentally' telling Russell. =) That little alliance will be toast!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #507754 by Falling Rocks
Apr 19, 2010 12:11pm
Thread Board
I suggest you join the Newboxers yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newboxers/

While they are not keen on postals, they will answer virtually any question about regular letterboxing - after, of course, recommending you do all the reading that preboxed listed.

BL47
Re: WWhat should i serve with lasagna?
Reply to: #507773 by Mama Stork
Apr 19, 2010 12:16pm
Thread Board
Ceaser Salad or green beans.
-PDT
Re: Dish to take to neighbor?
Reply to: #506153 by Force of Five
Apr 19, 2010 12:19pm
Thread Board
Hope I'm not too late, but I wanted to share my "go to" dish for these situations. It's so simple, its hardly cooking--French Dip Sandwiches.

I buy the deli roast beef, a pack of buns, some deli cheese (just get what's on sale) and a packet of Au jus mix. On a cookie sheet, or in an aluminum 9x13 pan, lay the bun flat, layer on the roast beef, add a layer of cheese. Cover the pan and add a post it note with directions: Preheat the oven 400 degrees, bake uncovered sandwiches to 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Meanwhile prepare Au jus.

I add a green salad and maybe a pan of brownies, it's a hit every time.
Apr 19, 2010 12:21pm
Thread Board
Chocolate cake!! : )
Re: City of Books
Board: State: Oregon
Reply to: #507666 by FutureLibrarian
Apr 19, 2010 12:24pm
Thread Board
Many thanks to the three Librarians for such a wonderful event! My sister traveled all the way from Illinois to attend with me (not to mention having the opportunity to see Argyle Princess and Renaissance Man before they graduate in May!) and she thoroughly enjoyed herself too.... And for us, six hours of driving time for this event? Absolutely!!!! If not for the drive, we would have been around for the afterparty, but maybe next year.....
Reply to: #507775 by Green Tortuga
Apr 19, 2010 12:26pm
Thread Board
I'm sooo not even watching this show and between this:

And if I were anyone else on the team and knew about that idol, I'd happily throw her under the bus by 'accidentally' telling Russell. =) That little alliance will be toast!

And your little "fun" at Spy vs. Spy....dang, not sure I want to ever be on your team and/or get in your way when you're working your Game.

pre
kinda scared of GT right now
(not really)
Apr 19, 2010 12:35pm
Thread Board
Tossed salad, and garlic bread! THEN...the yummy chocolate cake! ;)
Apr 19, 2010 12:38pm
Thread Board
Lots of great folks here, aren't there? Another great place I joined...and still am reading is the yahoo group for newboxers. Mark Pepe is the moderator and its another great place to learn the hobby's ins and outs. Lots of boards here too when you peruse them.

Enjoy.

Granny Butterfly
Author of box?
Apr 19, 2010 12:42pm
Thread Board
Where do I list the author of a box?
Re: Author of box?
Reply to: #507786 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Apr 19, 2010 12:50pm
Thread Board
Where do I list the author of a box?

It's just called a planter now. Apparently, the term 'author' wasn't very clear.

-- Ryan
Re: Author of box?
Reply to: #507787 by Green Tortuga
Apr 19, 2010 12:51pm
Thread Board
Ok, thank you!
Re: Camping
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #507222 by The Wolf Family
Apr 19, 2010 1:00pm
Thread Board
Okay, so I've been off-line this weekend, but now that I'm back at work, I'll catch up on the line of discussion.

I'm sticking with Hopeinnc and her cherry cobbler!
Dump cake sounds like something scraped out of Mama Fox's outhouse!

I make dump cake at home, as described by all the others, with cherry and pineapple. But I like it better with just cherry for camping. Good stuff but ultra tough to scrape out of the pot! CDQ resolved that issue and gave me dutch oven liners for Christmas.

I'm a fairly lazy camper - so I have streamlined

Us too, but it's a really big box (or two). And I must admit... I do camp with a drip-coffee maker! Must have electricity only for that! We cook on the gas stove some, but I really like to cook on the fire as much as I can.

Okay, hopeinnc, I need you to sign up for this event. The campsite rentals are cheap!

I think she wanted you to Go Greene. Those are good campsite rates!

That might be a good possibility. CDQ finishes Governor's School on the 24th and I could take that Friday off work... Let me talk to her and I will let you know. Hey, wait, Mama Wolf, you've signed up for 4 people! That means I've got to bring the BIG tent! LOL

hope
Re: Equipment Testing
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #507354 by Raven
Apr 19, 2010 1:09pm
Thread Board
I found an awesome deal on QVC. I bought 2 sets of the 8oz round lock n locks. One set has 10 containers for $13. I was surprised since usually when a company says 10 pieces they mean 5 containers and 5 lids. Not this one!!

WOW! QVC has a TON of Lock & Locks!!
Re: Quick... the last 5 books you read:
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #507655 by Waltzing Pigs
Apr 19, 2010 1:11pm
Thread Board
Just want to say--I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is reading! I'm finding I've read at least one book on about half of the lists.

:-)
≥Kit Kat≤
Re: Hey NC - Come to TN!!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #507360 by M and M Snapp Girls
Apr 19, 2010 1:12pm
Thread Board
If you decide you want to stay camp at Horse Creek, let me know so I can call and reserve you a place.

Do they have a good group site? We got a group site for the July event in Wilkesboro a couple of years ago and it was great! Or if one of the other campground has a group site. If we knew prices and how many tents the site would hold, we could assure that we would have room if someone wanted to come up and bunk in on Saturday afternoon....

hope
Re: Android Blues
Board: Computers, iPods, and Other Electronics
Reply to: #507546 by River Sol
Apr 19, 2010 1:15pm
Thread Board
my AQ "My Page" reverts to 2 columns no matter what column width I set on the settings page.

Click the link for the 'standard' view on the homepage. Mobile views will only show two columns since there often isn't enough space for even one column. You can manually switch modes, though, if you want to override the defaults.

-- Ryan
Apr 19, 2010 1:25pm
Thread Board
Maybe a finger food/appetizer? Like stuffed mushrooms?
roly-polies
Re: New 9 box series
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #507609 by Happy Daze
Apr 19, 2010 1:25pm
Thread Board
Nice. We found that trail last fall but it was closed off. Glad you found it and very appropriate! Did you know that there is a Peanuts Theme Park inside the Mall of America? Portland Mall might not be the Mall of America, but there's something there they don't have in Minnesota!
Reply to: #507756 by Lone R
Apr 19, 2010 1:26pm
Thread Board
despite Russel's change of mind

I don't think he changed his mind. I think he was finally playing the social game. He can honestly say he didn't vote for Coach...and now that Coach is on the jury...
Apr 19, 2010 1:30pm
Thread Board
How do you officially adopt a box?

Our scout troop adopted a box, more like became overseers. The planter does not live in the area and she gave us permission to take care of the box, we were added to the "Basic Detail" info under "Contacts" on the letterbox. Set up like this, the planter and our troop both receive emails/messages about the box when one is sent. Adopting has to be done through the original planter of the box as far as I know. -Aspen