A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Survivor
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #500653 by hikergirlamy
Mar 25, 2010 4:02am
Thread Board
Awesome move....but i have to say the best line of the night was right before commercial break when james says "j.t. would you like a banana?" OMG i was dying laughing!
Re: cooties
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #500595 by wassamatta u
Mar 25, 2010 4:05am
Thread Board
I believe you have the best........

Medic
Chocolates!
Board: Food For Thought
Mar 25, 2010 4:15am
Board
Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm now a rep for Dove Chocolate Discoveries. :) It's a home-based business; like Tupperware, but chocolate! You can see our catalog and my page at www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com/chrissylewin

I'm really not pushy, so this will pretty much be the only time I announce it on AQ... I don't want to cross any etiquette lines!

But I do want to tell you, while I have your attention, that we sell a kitchen gadget called a tempering unit. If you've ever melted chocolate to pour into molds and make your own chocolates, you know that they won't set properly unless you use a double-boiler system and a candy thermometer. It's a little labor-intensive. Dove's tempering units will typically cost $299, which is cheaper than most brands (do a Google or Amazon.com search!), but this month they have a crazy deal. If you order the candy-making bundle, you get the tempering unit and 2.5 pounds of chocolate for a total of $154, which is a savings of $213.

If you're at all interested, just email me. :) This deal is only good through the end of March, and I'm putting in an order on Friday.

Wow, I sound like Billy Mays. Sorry about that, guys, but if anyone really wants one of these puppies, I don't want you to miss out! :)
Reply to: #500655 by BootyBandits
Mar 25, 2010 4:46am
Thread Board
that fuss over the bananas was kinda stupid. don't they grow there? I'm sure there's not a shortage of bananas. And the girl that loves James so much, wrote his name down. If she loves him so much, why did she vote him off??
Speaking of chocolates....
Board: Yakking It Up
Mar 25, 2010 4:51am
Thread Board
Does anyone know when that RealChocolate.com thing starts again....if you entered your name every friday you got a coupon for a free chocolate bar! I cant remember who mentioned it last year, but we loved it!
Re: Idol?
Reply to: #500563 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 25, 2010 5:20am
Thread Board
Was she one of your students? I like her but gotta admit I hated that 80s hair this week! What's up with that?
Hitchhiker Hostel - log finds of HHs that start there?
Mar 25, 2010 5:30am
Thread Board
I just launched a HH hostel with 11 hitchhikers in it. Some were HH that I collected from other boxes, some we made specially, and some were given to me (new) from other letterboxers. I logged them all in the "guest book" of course, but I'm wondering if I should log them as a find in that letterbox on AQ so that they will show up on someone's tracker? Then if someone takes one, they will just log the find in the same box. I think that's what I would want someone to do with mine, since they are out there somewhere, hopefully, but I'm not sure anymore...
Re: Idol?
Reply to: #500609 by Okie Dog
Mar 25, 2010 5:34am
Thread Board
I must say I was surprised by the person who got kicked off's last performance. It defied all that had been happening before hand. A great song choice and rocking the house down. I wonder if the judges were a tad confused by that? Flabbergasted, perhaps?

The only part of the show that we caught was the last 5 minutes, but I wasn't at all surprised by who went home. And to be honest, I still wasn't impressed with her final performance. Granted it was better than Tuesday, but still not super (IMHO). I was however shocked by Simon's comment about the judge's option. That was cold!

hope
Re: Treasure in them ther letterboxes!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #500639 by Dixie
Mar 25, 2010 5:37am
Thread Board
Okay, I'm heading up your way this Saturday (CDQ is at Mars Hill and the concert is Saturday), so let me know if they get in boxes before then! And if you want to shoot me a private e-mail and tell me exactly which boxes.... Not that I would dare ask for special info or favoritism... I'm just saying! *big evil grin*

hope
Re: Hitchhiker Hostel - log finds of HHs that start there?
Reply to: #500665 by MO UR4Me
Mar 25, 2010 5:42am
Thread Board
I agree that you should log them as finds. It will let those who created the HH's know where they are. -Rose
Re: Treasure in them ther letterboxes!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #500639 by Dixie
Mar 25, 2010 5:49am
Thread Board
I think that's cool, I've did the same thing with my signature pathtag, left it in a box I found for the next finder, sort of like a next finder prize instead of a 1st finder prize.
Re: Movie Release Saturday!!!!!
Board: Teen Boxing
Reply to: #500327 by Harker_Hive
Mar 25, 2010 5:49am
Thread Board
yeah its been crazy lately! like i barly have time to breath on weekends at times lol ;)
Re: Perhaps not "cool," but definitely a little scary.....
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #500642 by Green Tortuga
Mar 25, 2010 5:52am
Thread Board
Well, as far as they're concerned, I appear to not exist.

Good deal!

I did, however, find my grandmother who's been dead for two years. Do you have to login to delete info? I want to get her off there.

Knit Wit
Re: cootie contain shopping
Reply to: #500578 by Tri-Colored Paws
Mar 25, 2010 6:11am
Thread Board
There are people that choose not to participate in this part of letterboxing.

Others don't want them because they don't attend alot of events.

GG
Reply to: #500655 by BootyBandits
Mar 25, 2010 6:12am
Thread Board
How many of the best one liners on survivor have been from James! lol as soon as I heard that I had to check to see if that's what the episode was named (Banana Ettiquette so close)
It's a spiral of cake and confetti today, said the Queen!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Mar 25, 2010 6:14am
Thread Board
Happy AQVersary to spiralseekers, Billa Bunny, and Raven Queen!!!

****Throws confetti, releases balloons, and rolls out the cake*****

GG
Reply to: #500674 by knit wit
Mar 25, 2010 6:15am
Thread Board
Figured it out.

Thanks for posting this, Ryan. I got my grandma off, found my mom and got rid of her listing too. I think I'll hunt for more of my family later.

Knit Wit
Re: Speaking of chocolates....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #500660 by Crazyolis
Mar 25, 2010 6:17am
Thread Board
Our beloved Blooming Flowers brought this to our attention it was mentioned here in this message

but the link says it's experiencing tech. difficulties.

GG
Re: I received a postcard today
Board: Mysterious Capers and Sneaky Stuff
Reply to: #500622 by The hicks from the sticks
Mar 25, 2010 6:21am
Thread Board
I have three by 4X6. I Could email you privately so that spoilers aren't posted, now to find my USB cable for my camera

GG
Re: 500!!! FINALLY!
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #500573 by Tri-Colored Paws
Mar 25, 2010 6:24am
Thread Board
Congratulations!!!!! :-) It's quite a milestone!
Reply to: #500625 by Robins Nest
Mar 25, 2010 6:31am
Thread Board
Awww, couldn't you have just found another box in Bangor rather than the Potty Boxes???

I'm telling you....it's desperate times up here. If it weren't for Adventure Crafters, I wouldn't be finding ANYMORE! There are only a few active players up here. Everyone else dropped off the earth. Hope I never get near that line. Sounds SCARY!
Reply to: #500681 by The Cats Meow
Mar 25, 2010 6:33am
Thread Board
Congratulations!!!!! :-) It's quite a milestone!

Back to you, too. :D Looks like you just passed 500 yourself. :D Congrates!
Reply to: #500675 by Goofy girl
Mar 25, 2010 6:44am
Thread Board
Others don't want them because they don't attend alot of events.

What a shame. They are missing all the fun. :D

Wassa-Love the blog and the ideas!!! What a riot!
Reply to: #500684 by Tri-Colored Paws
Mar 25, 2010 6:52am
Thread Board
Oklahoma is kinda a desert when it comes to events, Okie Dog and Safari Man threw the first events I attended in Oklahoma, Penguin Patrol did one last April, I'm doing one this May.

We have some new people coming into letterboxing so hopefully events will start happening more. It;s 2 to 3 hours to anywhere in Oklahoma so it's not like it's far to travel for those of us that can. We are still on the launching pad for things here in Oklahoma when it comes to letterboxing.

GG
Reply to: #500578 by Tri-Colored Paws
Mar 25, 2010 6:53am
Thread Board
Are there people out there who HATE cooties?

Oh yeah. Ran into a few. They will let you know it too. They also take the fun out of planting cooties.
Reply to: #500583 by ElectricMedic
Mar 25, 2010 6:54am
Thread Board
Now that's cute too. gotta remember that one.
Reply to: #500686 by Oliver and Company
Mar 25, 2010 6:54am
Thread Board
They need cootie hater shirts to wear to events.

GG
**cooties: Bring em on!!!!!**

That goes for Fleas too!!!!
Reply to: #500595 by wassamatta u
Mar 25, 2010 7:02am
Thread Board
OMGoodness wassamatta u, that is hillarious. wish i could have been there to see the events unfold.
Reply to: #500678 by knit wit
Mar 25, 2010 7:02am
Thread Board
Figured it out

did you have to subscribe? I wonder how long your info will stay gone?

Shiloh
Reply to: #500653 by hikergirlamy
Mar 25, 2010 7:07am
Thread Board
What an episode! I was standing on the couch cheering when Tyson got blind-sided.
I hope Rob & Russell both stay in the game. those two going at it makes it more interesting.