A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Where are they?
Board: Province: Nova Scotia
Reply to: #4623 by jackbear
Mar 6, 2010 10:32am
Thread Board
i just started LB today but i can see this being a family hobby!
Re: toe shoes
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #496405 by The Newlyweds
Mar 6, 2010 10:35am
Thread Board
They look like gorilla feet.
Reply to: #496389 by roly-polies
Mar 6, 2010 10:40am
Thread Board
I think I saw someone on TV running in these. It doesn't seem like they would protect and support your feet enough for that. I would like to try them, but they are probably too expensive.
Re: 7 year old boy in the house
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Reply to: #496398 by Mama Stork
Mar 6, 2010 10:49am
Thread Board
"...well-documented fact that giftedness and common sense DO NOT always go hand in hand..."

I can attest to that having also had a child like that!
Re: $25,00 Wedding!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #496406 by Lady Lilac
Mar 6, 2010 10:53am
Thread Board
Good luck!
Mar 6, 2010 10:56am
Thread Board
I hiked a 2 mile trail with a guy that was wearing these. He says that it's like walking bare-feet.

Medic
Re: 7 year old boy in the house
Board: Kid Shenanigans
Reply to: #496398 by Mama Stork
Mar 6, 2010 11:22am
Thread Board
it is a well-documented fact that giftedness and common sense DO NOT always go hand in hand.

I have a nephew like this. smart as a whip. and sometimes, you'd want to whip him.

makes me glad I'm only extremely bright rather than gifted. it leaves room for common sense. ;-)

romana
searching my notes about clues
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Mar 6, 2010 11:25am
Thread Board
Here's my question: Is there a way to either search the "my notes" sections of the clues or have the notes themselves show up in the search results? My guess is that the answer is "no", but in case I'm just missing something obvious, I thought I'd ask.

Here's the reason for the question: When a new box comes along and the location isn't specified (so it shows up on the map in a generic spot), I try to figure out where it is and write the location in the "my notes" section. Then when I'm searching for boxes to find near where we are heading that day, I need to either remember where they are, or open each box's listing to see what my notes say. Now, granted, this is not a huge deal - and I'm not complaining! :) But if there is an easier way that I'm missing - I would love to know about it. :)

So, the follow-up question: if there isn't a way to include my notes in a location search or results, any suggestions of how to organize the notes and clues in order to make a plan quickly? Maybe using the tags? I don't want to print and file clues - too much paper as it is.

thanks for the suggestions
light travelers
Re: Prayer for Uncle Mell
Board: Prayer and Healing
Reply to: #496372 by theseekers1108
Mar 6, 2010 11:26am
Thread Board
We're so sorry to hear about Uncle Mell, DinaB... but with prayer and hopefully his cooperation, he'll be just fine...

You know we are here for you and have "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" so all you have to do is call or e-mail..

My heart goes out to our RhondaJo so I will be keeping her, along with Uncle Mell & you & the rest of the family, close in my heart and in my prayers... please keep us posted.. You know there are many unspoken words of support here..

Sending Angels & Prayers for Faith, Strength & Encouragement,
Nanni and Papaw
Reply to: #496431 by ElectricMedic
Mar 6, 2010 11:31am
Thread Board
I hiked a 2 mile trail with a guy that was wearing these. He says that it's like walking bare-feet.

Okay, pardon my ignorance, but is that a good thing? That people look for? I know when I buy trainers, I look for the ones that make my feet feel wrapped in support and technology, while being as light as possible. I wear a lot of Adidas, and some New Balance. I know people who swear by Converse, but I tried on a pair and HATED them. No support.
Re: searching my notes about clues
Reply to: #496433 by Light Travelers
Mar 6, 2010 11:40am
Thread Board
Is there a way to either search the "my notes" sections of the clues or have the notes themselves show up in the search results?

Not at this time, no. Sorry. =(

-- Ryan
Large Envelope vs. Package
Board: Postals
Mar 6, 2010 11:55am
Thread Board
Maybe this has been covered before, but I've been getting some of these lately.

PLEASE - if you are using the automated postal machine, ALL plb's are PACKAGES.

The person you are mailing to then has to pay postage due on the package you've sent.

Just a heads up --- and thanks! : )
Feeling stupid and confused.
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Mar 6, 2010 12:05pm
Thread Board
So it may just be from the pain meds that aren't taking any of the pain away, but I can't find where to start a photo album for the life of me. Can someone offer some nonjudgemental help?
Re: Feeling stupid and confused.
Reply to: #496438 by Raven
Mar 6, 2010 12:06pm
Thread Board
Miss Chievous: Click on the Toolbox and go to photo gallery from there create album and go from there. Hope you and Reese are doing great!!!
Mar 6, 2010 12:12pm
Thread Board
We hike in them all summer. It is like being barefoot so far as you can feel everything under you. They do have some padding just not a lot. They take some getting used to if you wear boots or thick soles all the time. I was a tender foot before I wore them for a few weeks. The only place I had any problems was at the beach when they would fill up with sand. We wear our as often as possible though.
-PDT
Reply to: #496435 by BfloAnonChick
Mar 6, 2010 12:31pm
Thread Board
There's a whole medical philosophy behind them. Some doctors actually swear they are better for your feet. In my personal experience I have really weak ankles so I used to try to find shoes that would offer a lot of support. Wearing vibrams helped my ankles a feet get stronger. So yes, I think less support is good.

-PMD
Re: The Eyes of Draco
Board: Musical Postals
Reply to: #496397 by roly-polies
Mar 6, 2010 12:50pm
Thread Board
And he's gone....
Re: $25,000 Wedding!
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #496404 by Lady Lilac
Mar 6, 2010 1:01pm
Thread Board
Be sure and post this tomorrow too. I had to go try again and found I had already done it for today. ha ha. Must be more than me that needs reminders.
Re: searching my notes about clues
Reply to: #496433 by Light Travelers
Mar 6, 2010 1:04pm
Thread Board
If you were a premium member you would have a widget to select for a note pad. Then you could have those notes available whenever you get ready for them. Too bad.....;-)
Re: $25,000 Wedding!
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #496443 by Okie Dog
Mar 6, 2010 1:08pm
Thread Board
Must be more than me that needs reminders.

Yep...that would be me! Got mine in for today.
Re: a really crappie stamp
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #496255 by resQlou
Mar 6, 2010 1:14pm
Thread Board
he carved for the crappie event next weekend. It is SO cool!! He did an AWESOME job on the stamp, the logbooks AND the container it is all in.

Very cool .... I think I have too much going on that day to make it ... currently at least 4 items on it.... Hope everyone has a crappie time ! :O)

Holly
Re: Feeling stupid and confused.
Reply to: #496439 by FORAYCH
Mar 6, 2010 1:46pm
Thread Board
So simple, thanks! I'm really hurting but dealing with it. Reese is doing very well and I just can't get enough of her. Get to go home tomorrow!
Survey
Mar 6, 2010 1:55pm
Thread Board
Hey guys, I am conducting a survey for my research paper (it's required). I need 150 people to take it, and I have 50 now. It's not too long, so if you could please take it that would be great!
Just go to this link:

www.surveymonkey.com/beautiful

thank you so much!!!
Re: Boxing on Sunday
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #496392 by Artemis
Mar 6, 2010 2:02pm
Thread Board
Artemis shivers in fear at one way streets and left hand turns in Lawrenceville? I don't believe it?!

Anyone who can charm the socks off of policemen like she can, knows no fear! That girl has serious cool and steady nerves in the face of danger. I know when she's around, I'm going to get away with a lot more fun!
Thank You Momma Fox and Dixie et al....
Board: State: North Carolina
Mar 6, 2010 2:11pm
Thread Board
I received my special package in my mailbox today !!!! LOTS of wonderful GOODIES

GG
Re: Boxing on Sunday
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #496392 by Artemis
Mar 6, 2010 2:14pm
Thread Board
That sounds like I would have to go through Lawrenceville.

I can pick you up if you want to come along. I'll even let you bring the dogs
Re: Thank You Momma Fox and Dixie et al....
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #496451 by Goofy girl
Mar 6, 2010 2:18pm
Thread Board
Ooops - I meant to email you specifically, GG. I worked really hard to pack all your stuff in the flat rate mailer..... and I just wanted to warn you to point the opening AWAY from yourself, your children and that precious baby before you opened it, because it might explode... ;-))

Obviously you are ok..... I hope the kids are ok too..... if I get a lawsuit in the mail next week..... I guess I'll know to be a bit quicker in my warnings!! LOL!

Thanks for participating! Dixie did do some neat "thanks for participating" goody packages ;-))

Mama Fox, home from boxing in Old Fort!
Kooky kirby....
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Mar 6, 2010 2:40pm
Thread Board
let me just say if you get a chance to trade with KK do it!! She is not only a wonderful at carving but she scrapbooks each card in a way that you feel like you know her. I haven't met her but hope to one day!!!

GG
Introducing Letterboxing to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
Board: Stamp Swap
Mar 6, 2010 2:41pm
Board
Hello,

Next month we will be introducing Letterboxing to the local girl and boy scouts. I was hoping if anyone had an extra or un-needed stamps lying around they would be willing to send them. Or if anyone was willing to carve very simple stamps and send them.

If you do or if you are willing, please contact me.

Thanks in advance,

slick kitty
'Eers beat NOVA
Board: Sports Emporium
Mar 6, 2010 2:55pm
Board
Isn't the Big East an amazing league?

The number one team in the nation Syracuse has three losses inside the conference. Three way tie for second place: WVU, Villanova and Pitt (assuming they finish off Rutgers).

Big East tourney is next: Wonder if there will be any 6 OT games this year?

It's a great day to be a Mountaineer!