A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: I locked my keys in the car too
Board: Why Did I Just Do That!?
Reply to: #449411 by koalacat
Oct 9, 2009 8:56pm
Thread Board
My parents urge me to do something like #2, but I am too worried that it will fall/be bumped off or theft.

We have a tiny letterbox (a personal traveler) in a "hidden key" case that we put on the back of our license plate when we're at events. Once we totally forgot it was there and discovered it over 6 months later. We drive a LOT in many different areas and it never moved. You might think about hiding a key there.
Re: I'm back! Sort of....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #449462 by Waltzing Pigs
Oct 9, 2009 9:03pm
Thread Board
I noticed Karen Grassle (sp?) is now doing a commercial, or has been for a while. She looks great, too. Melissa will probably do well with the roll.
Re: What [small] ink color is pepperoni?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #449305 by Silva Foot Family
Oct 9, 2009 9:49pm
Thread Board
Hey, thanks, SFF
Re: Two Musical Chairs Postals available
Board: Musical Postals
Reply to: #449387 by IrishRef
Oct 9, 2009 9:57pm
Thread Board
Yeah I win!!!!!! Thank you :):)
Re: What [small] ink color is pepperoni?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #449468 by Okie Dog
Oct 9, 2009 10:08pm
Thread Board
You are very welcome.

SFF
Re: Meet Greet & Eat for October in Taylor, MI
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #449453 by BigRedOne
Oct 9, 2009 11:38pm
Thread Board
I'll have to check my bag... Forgot about that and my bag right now is a good candidate with the zipper broken and everything.
Re: Postal Ring and college football bowl contest
Board: Postals
Reply to: #449385 by IrishRef
Oct 9, 2009 11:56pm
Thread Board
...yes, you can learn about those things and do okay, but then again, even the pros that do this for a living can be way off with picks too :) I won a pool one year by picking numbers out of a hat and choosing teams based on distance traveling to play the bowl games (further the travel, more likely to lose). LOL FORAYCH
Best Ever Postal Ring
Board: Postals
Oct 10, 2009 12:09am
Thread Board
I've been aggravated on several occasions over the last few months, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, by Postal Rings that sound AWESOME -- but are full by the time I get there... I keep hoping some of those great PLBs will go out as singles so I can learn from the masters, and log a few more terrific finds.

Well, I'm done waiting... I've created the "best ever" postal ring (best because you don't have to do very much to get ready, AND, it just might be your chance to catch a few of those great PLBs that passed you by)... we'll see how it turns out, if it works, perhaps we'll make it an annual event.

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=3831

Chica
Trackers
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Oct 10, 2009 12:21am
Thread Board
I was under the impression that trackers were public feeding grounds for Email addresses and such, am I correct in my thinking? Are they public? Spammers can see them easily?
Thanks,
OD
Re: SOHT gathering
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #449352 by Granny Butterfly
Oct 10, 2009 2:37am
Thread Board
Excellent Pictures and a very cute GreatGrandkiddo!!!
Re: SOHT gathering
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #449475 by Safari Man
Oct 10, 2009 2:38am
Thread Board
I'll try, but realize not all photos can capture a roasting caption....maybe no caption at all. I gotta be nice some times. ;o)
Re: Visiting Philly area 10/24
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #449363 by LightninBug
Oct 10, 2009 3:08am
Thread Board
I guess I gotta get down there at some point.

Yes you do! We've talked about this....

Sheeb
Re: Grrrrrrf! It's a plot!
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #449459 by ArtGekko
Oct 10, 2009 4:09am
Thread Board
Aw, come on A.G.! Don't let a silly little cold stop you! And from looking at the radar, it looks like the snow is already past! So that just leaves it a little chilly and a little windy.

Just kidding. If you're sick, certainly stay home where it's warm.

We'll just have to exchange with the infamous McBoxer another time. Unless you ditch us then too. :P

-The Red Cat
Re: I locked my keys in the car too
Reply to: #449411 by koalacat
Oct 10, 2009 4:28am
Thread Board
what I did is got a FLAT key made (no bulky plastic on the top). I used a drill to make the hole in it a little bigger, then unscrewed the license plate and put the key on the screw behind the plate, then screwed it back in. it couldn't fall off, and it being so hidden noone could know it was there.

hope this helps!
Re: Dress Code Violation
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #449455 by Chedva
Oct 10, 2009 4:57am
Thread Board
Seems to me that "someone" wore a clue in that approximate location ...it was at one of the Seekers' events...

Like I said... someone with a much smaller butt than ME !! LOL
Re: Visiting Philly area 10/24
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #449363 by LightninBug
Oct 10, 2009 5:37am
Thread Board
I guess I gotta get down there at some point.

Let me know if you do - one of the park entrances is right down the street from me and I know the park pretty well.

FdL
Re: Dress Code Violation
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #449445 by theseekers1108
Oct 10, 2009 5:53am
Thread Board
DArn it, that's not even enough cleavage to make a decent pinup!!! I think the shirt is cute. I bet if that girl showed up in person at your workplace, the guys would stand around drooling, and no one would complain about her attire - lol!!!

I used to work for an attorney who complained when I wore Birkenstock to work on Fridays, when I knew there was no court. I mean seriously - this is Asheville, and I rarely ever set foot out of the office - who was gonna know. So the more he complained, the more I wore them - LOL!!

Mama FOx
Syracuse area
Board: State: New York
Oct 10, 2009 6:01am
Thread Board
Next weekend-week, Oct. 18, 19, 20, our family will be traveling to the northern Syracuse area and in and around Oswego/Pulaski. We are hoping to meet up with a letterboxer or two as we explore, hike, and hike the area for boxes.....and salmon. : )

Anyone up for a hike or dinner exchange? We'll bring our PTs.

3 Blind Mice
depression hits early
Board: State: Nebraska
Oct 10, 2009 6:03am
Thread Board
Yesterday they "the news people" said flurries - they never came. Then this morning I wake up to 4 inches of snow. WHAT? It is only the 10th of October. So depressed!

we have about 2 weeks till our meet - weather predictions are in the 50s that day. Good thing I have planned some indoor hunting (oops!) I take that back - it is a secret shhh!
Re: depression hits early
Reply to: #449485 by S and D
Oct 10, 2009 6:09am
Thread Board
That stinks! I hope the weather cooperates for your event. It's supposed to snow here in Northern Michigan maybe this week as well. It is rather depressing.
Re: depression hits early
Reply to: #449485 by S and D
Oct 10, 2009 6:24am
Thread Board
Yesterday they "the news people" said flurries - they never came. Then this morning I wake up to 4 inches of snow. WHAT? It is only the 10th of October.

It's that global warming.

Shiloh
Cake Days ***come and get your cake***
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Oct 10, 2009 6:36am
Thread Board
Happy AQ anniversary to Puddlesplasher celebrating 4 yrs, antimony and Autumnrose 3 yrs, The Jones 2 yrs
and Mountain Heart and Sneakee Mommy celebrating 1 yr

****throws confetti, releases balloons, and rolls out the cake****

GG
Re: Foraging walk Sunday in Connecticut
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #449415 by The 3 Foragers
Oct 10, 2009 6:38am
Thread Board
DOH! So wish I could go but other obligations won't permit it. :( I love foraging and supplementing my diet with wild things--take that as you will... ;)

Good luck on the hike tomorrow, I will be there in spirit.
Connfederate
PZ Kut substitute to get you through the drought...
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #449381 by GreyCrazy
Oct 10, 2009 7:01am
Thread Board
Call me crazy, but why not get in touch with some historical perspective, and carve some ERASERS?

Dan (who loves finding these "old-school" carves, but has never tried it himself because he is still using up his PZ Kut stash!!!!)

Jonah's Whalers
Canton, CT
Re: Welcome!
Reply to: #449338 by Captain Raehawk
Oct 10, 2009 7:05am
Thread Board
I guess I took the "inky fingers" saying to a whole new level!

Some people just always have to go one better than everyone else! ;-)

T2R
Re: So excited
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #448900 by Alaska hsm
Oct 10, 2009 7:44am
Thread Board
I am going in November, hope it is good for what the price of the tickets were...lol
Re: Syracuse area
Reply to: #449484 by 3 Blind Mice
Oct 10, 2009 7:54am
Thread Board
Check out Crafty mouses boxes. She lives in Oswego. Larva Lady-ZZ (who misses the area)
Re: Cake Days ***come and get your cake***
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #449491 by Goofy girl
Oct 10, 2009 8:04am
Thread Board
Wishing you the best for the upcoming year.

Denise
Re: Trackers
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #449474 by Okie Dog
Oct 10, 2009 8:13am
Thread Board
I was under the impression that trackers were public feeding grounds for Email addresses and such, am I correct in my thinking? Are they public? Spammers can see them easily?

Atlas Quest never displays your e-mail address for anyone. Not even other members of the same tracker. Not sure where you would have gotten that impression. Have you ever seen AQ display other people's e-mail addresses? Why would it make an exception for yours?

-- Ryan
Re: Syracuse area
Reply to: #449484 by 3 Blind Mice
Oct 10, 2009 8:33am
Thread Board
I am planning on being in the area but will be with friends who do not currently box. Hoping to talk them into trying it on the boxes listed in lafayette, just So. of 'Cuse. I soooo can't wait to move back out that way. Keep your fingers crossed, nexy summer/fall

ZH