About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

My all-time worst moment
Board: Why Did I Just Do That!?
Oct 9, 2009 4:57pm
Thread Board
I'm notorious for not remembering names. It takes me forever to get it down pat. And of course, if I'm aware that the name just isn't reaching the front of my brain, it makes it worse. If I quit trying, sometimes it will pop right up. And, even though I'm a granny, and you might say...just old age...nope! I've been like that always. For instance...

I had known my husband for almost 2 years before we married. We were "best friends" and he was my "brother-n=-the-Lord." For the first year and half, I would have laughed if someone suggest that we date. Ewww! Date my "brother"? Well, God worked that out in a mysterious and wonderful way, but that's not for this post.

Anyway, shortly after we were married, we came across an old friend of mine and I was going to introduce them. No problem with her name, but then I said, "This is my husband ...????_____???? and for the smallest moment, my mind went blank on his name! I really think it was such a miniscule period of time that she didn't notice, but boy, I sure did!!
Re: PZ Kut on the horizon??
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #449381 by GreyCrazy
Oct 9, 2009 4:57pm
Thread Board
Grey,
if you want to drive to Simpsonville I'll give you a slab of white to get you through. you can "pay it back" when the shortage is over.

~resQloutotherescuuuuuuuuuee!
Re: Postal Ring and college football bowl contest
Board: Postals
Reply to: #449362 by Raven
Oct 9, 2009 4:58pm
Thread Board
It will be easier if you know football as far as winning goes. But everyone gets all of the stamp images that will count as postals. I'd be happy to give you some specific explanations on the picks. It would be easier once the bowls teams matchups are set.

But you pick the winner of all of the bowl games about 34 or so.
You get to assign each winner with a point total of 1 to 34.
You get that many points if your winner is correct.
Lose that many if you are incorrect.

Knowing football will help with the selections. So will looking up the point spreads in USA Today if you are not knowledgeable of football. Also can have others help you with the picks.

How you join.
Re: I dream of Ryan Carpenter
Board: Ryan's a Total Goober
Reply to: #449356 by Goofy girl
Oct 9, 2009 4:58pm
Thread Board
"Rubber Room" ?? Wonder if it's PZ Kut or the pink stuff?
Re: Two Musical Chairs Postals available
Board: Musical Postals
Reply to: #449375 by Turtlegirl 19
Oct 9, 2009 4:59pm
Thread Board
Sailor Saturn is heading to Turlegirl 19!
Reply to: #449384 by resQlou
Oct 9, 2009 5:01pm
Thread Board
Oh man. Now THAT is real dedication to friendship!!

Thank you Lou. :-) If I get to the point where I dcn't have anything, I'll absolutely take you up on that offer. I may be heading to Greenville in a few weeks.

GreyCrazy
Reply to: #449386 by Chedva
Oct 9, 2009 5:05pm
Thread Board
prolly pink stuff since the PZ is in short supply right now....

but still could carve as long as they bring a needle....

GG
Re: West Michigan gathering
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #449174 by PapaSolo
Oct 9, 2009 5:06pm
Thread Board
You are not the only one...

Every time I think about going to an event, my job calls. I just mentioned last night that I was laid off and then I almost added if I think about going to an event, they seem to call me. Last night I noticed they did call. Then I get a call today and now working tomorrow and Sunday. For the One Flew Over the Letterbox event, I needed a couple other days off and had been out of work for nearly 2 months, so I missed it unfortunately. I was thinking hard about going to this one, and there was the call. Maybe I can see about getting Saturday off... doubtful, but I'm gonna check.
Now it means though tomorrow and Sunday in Auburn Hills - maybe I'll go search for a box or two before or after work.
Reply to: #449388 by GreyCrazy
Oct 9, 2009 5:09pm
Thread Board
I just double checked my stash and I have 3 full sheets. Just send me an AQ mail if you decide you need some.

~Lou
Something Old, Something New
Board: CCCP Home
Oct 9, 2009 5:14pm
Thread Board
Something borrowed, Something Blue:

http://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?gBoxId=129054

For those who query - .pdf enables more control of the structure of the clue and also optimizes size. The file is only 22 KB, a gif or jpg would be much larger. Ergo, I wish AQ would enable pdf uploading, but I do like to maintain my clues the way I see fit. :-)

LB
Re: Something Old, Something New
Reply to: #449392 by LightninBug
Oct 9, 2009 5:21pm
Thread Board
Looks like fun. And reminds me that I am waaaaay behind in naming the sheep on my Facebook farm....

Sheep-ba
Re: You know you a letterboxer when....
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #448265 by Goofy girl
Oct 9, 2009 5:22pm
Thread Board
NO wonder you the only one in the world that knows what a SPOstick is hee hee.

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only GG could find one w/o clues lololol u go gurl.

ILY
Re: Something Old, Something New
Reply to: #449394 by Sheba
Oct 9, 2009 5:23pm
Thread Board
Not baaaad

LB
Re: You know you a letterboxer when....
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #448400 by MMACJ
Oct 9, 2009 5:25pm
Thread Board
My 5 year old daughter has a knack for finding boxes without clues.

How much is she for RENT??? lolol oK OK may I just barrow her lolol

ILY.........................................................Kay
Reply to: #449391 by resQlou
Oct 9, 2009 5:27pm
Thread Board
Oh BLESS you Lou!

GreyCrazy
Re: LB Wear
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #448174 by SunnySmile
Oct 9, 2009 5:40pm
Thread Board
This vest: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/New_Travel_Vest_Women.shtml is really good, I haven't used it for boxing yet, but it worked well instead of a purse on an airplane ride. Kept my passport, money etc in some of the many pockets, and had a small backpack for my cameras and chargers. It looks better, IMHO than the more bulkier cameravests. It has lots of pockets, including a system for a ipod.

Bokmal
Re: Long Weekend
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #449318 by Jiffy
Oct 9, 2009 5:41pm
Thread Board
Friday did not have to go into work til 1:00 pm got off at 5

Saturday--------- Nothing

Sunday-----------Nothing WISHING I was at coldstone :)

MONDAY--------WHAT HOLIDAY :) We don't get one :(

ILY................Kay
Very Limited Edition Cards Available!
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Oct 9, 2009 5:48pm
Thread Board
Hey everyone I just finished making eight cards for a swap. It is called Lavender, and I think it is cool because it is scente :)
I have made exactly eight. One is going to the person who the swap is helping, one will be tacked in my LTC hall of fame, one is already being traded with nsfbeads, three are being traded at Sunday's T2s Birthday Bash, and two will be traded with the first two people who AQ mail me asking to trade!
A few others will be made for others in the swap. I may even make a few more to trade in the future, but it's not likely.
I hope to get AQ mail soon!
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=129038
Re: LB Wear
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #449400 by Bokmal
Oct 9, 2009 5:51pm
Thread Board
I was going to post about this vest. It looks really nice. I just have to justify the cost or ask for it for a christmas/birthday item ;)

~Aurora
Re: Not sure where to post this
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #449286 by kmbaker
Oct 9, 2009 6:12pm
Thread Board
yay!!!! congrats!!
Re: Forgotten Hobby?
Board: Forgotten Hobbies
Reply to: #422949 by BrewHiker
Oct 9, 2009 6:17pm
Thread Board
Cheeseracing.

Awww. . . I miss Sir Balthazar and JugglerMouse. . . .
Re: I locked my keys in the car too
Reply to: #449379 by resQlou
Oct 9, 2009 6:32pm
Thread Board
My parents urge me to do something like #2, but I am too worried that it will fall/be bumped off or theft.
Re: Well I guess this is the group...
Reply to: #449378 by Captain Raehawk
Oct 9, 2009 6:34pm
Thread Board
I think my parents suggested the necklace thing too...
Re: Costume help
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #449259 by Littlemonkey
Oct 9, 2009 6:39pm
Thread Board
When I used to work for the airlines I went as a bag tag (destination tag not name tag). I got two pieces of large cardboard (from a microwave or dishwasher box) and painted them then made straps to go over my shoulders. I kind of looked like one of those "end of the world is coming" sign toting crazy people you see in the movies. Well, you could to that with brown paint and shape it like a nugget...maybe paint some detail on it with a lighter brown. You could also find some cheap brown fabric and make a nugget shape with holes cut out for arms and head...no sewing, find some hem tape or staple it...stuff it with something to fluff it out. A flannel type fabric would work well...or that kind they use for the tied baby blankets.

Roly-Polies
currently planning a black/red butterfly for 5 yr. old and robot for 3 yr. old
Foraging walk Sunday in Connecticut
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Oct 9, 2009 6:45pm
Thread Board
We are taking a foraging walk with "Wildman" Steve Brill on Sunday, October 11. It is going to be in Redding, CT at the Putnam State Park at 1PM. This is the mentor from our What Every Foarger Needs series http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=125851 . We have been to this park last year with him, and we found mushrooms galore! He has a website with more info, and if you want to go, we would be happy to see anyone there! I think we may try to get some more boxes in Redding, and maybe plant one also.

Karen
The 3 Foragers
Reply to: #449389 by Goofy girl
Oct 9, 2009 6:46pm
Thread Board
Well, if it's a dream, the PZ Kut should surely be in it!!
Re: I'm back! Sort of....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #446170 by Bobguyman
Oct 9, 2009 6:47pm
Thread Board
You forgot Doc Baker!

And Miss Beadle. And Rose. And Nancy. And Mr. Hanson. I'm sure there are others.

TG *who watched Little House all the time as a kid* :)
Re: Dollhouse worries
Board: Whedonverse
Reply to: #448206 by Coffee Beans
Oct 9, 2009 6:48pm
Thread Board
I am enjoying it. It's different and it's not Buffy, but it's not bad. I'd rather watch it then most sitcoms and all the reality tv shows out there. I hope to be watching it soon when it is finished taping.
Re: SOHT gathering
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #449247 by Sunday Morning
Oct 9, 2009 6:48pm
Thread Board
Sending my wishes that everyone has a great SOHT weekend. Of course yet again Deedle & I are booked this weekend, but maybe we'll be able to make it one of these days...

Doodle Bug.
Re: Dollhouse worries
Board: Whedonverse
Reply to: #449418 by koalacat
Oct 9, 2009 6:58pm
Thread Board
Just finishing watching tonight's episode. It's much, much better than last week's episode.

TG