A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Dudes in Drag
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #355206 by buttercup
Feb 25, 2009 7:54am
Thread Board
Including the one of you that has forfeited the right to the fake boobs!

Oh now it's okay to call T Rex by name...
Shelton Canal & Locks
Board: State: Connecticut
Feb 25, 2009 7:56am
Thread Board
Great news! FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) has just ordered the owner of the Derby-Shelton dam & canal to reopen the canal & locks area to the public and remove the hideous 8-foot chain link fence topped with barbed wire by March 5. Yippee! This opens up 1000 ft of Housatonic River shoreline below the dam. I'll be able to put Box#1 back for the Shelton Canal & Locks series very soon I think.

Box#2 (Shad) has found a new home on the Pomperaug Trail in Oxford. Should I leave it there or retrieve it and replant near it's original location? I would have to move it a bit because the original spot will still be inaccessible I think. I replanted this one because I really did not think there was any chance the canal would be reopened. But a bunch of us worked very hard to persuade FERC to uphold the original 1986 hydroelectric license, and they changed their minds, possibly related to the election of Obama because the FERC chairman who was against us resigned and Obama selected a new chairman.
Re: RW&Y II - AQ Wo'Man Pageant
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #355110 by oread
Feb 25, 2009 7:57am
Thread Board
Rex I have a pair of size D falsies you can use.

Falsies?!?!?!??
I'll have you know, THESE double-D's are ALL WASSA! *grumble grumble falsies, sheesh grumble*

-wassamatta_u
Re: Whats your worst LB spot ever????
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #355126 by Mello Bunny
Feb 25, 2009 7:57am
Thread Board
And it's far more likely that the driver of the car is talking on the cell phone or reading the newspaper or whatnot than the operator of the locomotive.

Point made.

Not necessarily. Anyone read about the cause of the train wreck in LA? The engineer was texting his boy toy and missed the stop signal!

The bottom line regarding walking on or next to RR tracks is that it is strickly a personal decision by..A, the planter to plant it there, and B, the finders that want to go looking for a letterbox.

Once you read the clues stating "walk along the RR tracks" or come to the point in the hunt where you have to walk along the RR tracks and it makes you uncomfortable, then don't continue.

Not every letterbox is for everyone! One must use personal judgement in life, and if that is not possible then the world has been dumbed down way to much.

Don
Re: spring cleaning!
Board: Friendz of Webkinz
Reply to: #355202 by Silva Foot Family
Feb 25, 2009 7:58am
Thread Board
I'm not really picky, I'll send you a freebie! what do you want? I don't think you are on my list - what is your user name?
Feb 25, 2009 7:59am
Thread Board
One of GA's own could be crowned Ms AQ Wo'Man!!!! It's a pageant you don't want to miss out on.
Reply to: #355208 by Goofy girl
Thread Board
Lets see.... Fake Boobs.... Pregnant evening gown... Yes, that's T REX.

This "fine NC folk" doesn't want to miss anything.....
covering all boards today.

Boss just came in..... Hope she didn't read FAKE BOOBS ..... or PREGNANT.....
or things could get interesting around here. LOL

Dina B. Seeker
Reply to: #355203 by buttercup
Thread Board
They must be just sitting back and watching the entertainment.

Yep, yep.

I don't need to post a lot. I just sit back and am entertained!
Reply to: #355204 by Goofy girl
Feb 25, 2009 8:00am
Thread Board
This OKIE just signed up the other day, and I hope T Rex was talking in jest! I agree with GG, stay, you can all come post on the Oklahoma board if you want, we welcome you with open arms. :-) Only thing is, you won't find many to talk with, ha ha. This is more fun, more to hear, from people that put there foot in it, ha ha ha.
OD
Re: *bouncing in*
Reply to: #355205 by Goofy girl
Feb 25, 2009 8:00am
Thread Board
HI GA *waving* Its almost 11 am there so I figured it was too late for GOOD MORNING but HI would work and as I leave I will say have a GOOD AFTERNOON ***throws confetti***

GG

Hey, Georgia doesn't get its own time zone that it can be an hour + more than Eastern time! It's still morning! The five continental time zones: Goofy, Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific.
Reply to: #355216 by Okie Dog
Feb 25, 2009 8:02am
Thread Board
.....who put their foot in it????.....
Re: New carver
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #355158 by Cedar
Feb 25, 2009 8:05am
Thread Board
I am new at this. I would like to try my hand at carving. Where should a beginner carver start? Is there a special tool for beginners?

I have collected a number of online carving tutorials. Most of them are visual - online videos or web pages with lots of photos:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/lone-r/links.htm#carve

I hope it helps get you started. :)

Lone R
Re: Please help
Board: State: New Hampshire
Reply to: #354889 by KuKu
Thread Board
You were just too focused on saving kitties!

True! :D

-gollygee
Reply to: #355210 by wassamatta u
Thread Board
Falsies?!?!?!??
I'll have you know, THESE double-D's are ALL WASSA! *grumble grumble falsies, sheesh grumble*

Now WASSA I never said you needed or had falsies I offered them to Rex so he wouldn't feel so intimidated by your vulumpsious cleavage on the runway, but now he can't have them.
Re: *bouncing in*
Reply to: #355217 by MoWizLiz
Feb 25, 2009 8:07am
Thread Board
But Goofy is in the Central time zone so when it is 10 here in OK I know it is 11 in GA

at least I think that is how it is...

going back to eating breakfast *and I forgot to put out the trash for the trash people*

GG
Feb 25, 2009 8:07am
Thread Board
Now, now, it woodn't be uncoly tae NOT have a Scottish skirt competition!

I'll take on all o'ye!

SM
Reply to: #355158 by Cedar
Feb 25, 2009 8:08am
Thread Board
Where should a beginner carver start?Cedar

At the top of your home page here at AQ got to the "Toolbox" pulldown and click on tutorials. Once there you can find a tutorial for stamp carving.

Also at the top of the home page you will find a pull down for "Market Place". Stampeaz has a link listed there. Webfoot (Stampeaz owner) is a member here at AQ. She has a beginers kit containing different carving mediums. Every carver has their preference of materials, so it is best to try them all. Some folks like softer material, others like harder material. The only material I would suggest you not try is plumbers gasket.

Just jump in, start carving and you will find out what works best for you.

Don
February Singles Challenge
Board: Postals
Thread Board
We have 16 members and 26 single PLB's listed for the month of February. Great job! Just a couple more days to join the fun and share your PLB single with the postal letterboxing world.
Re: February Singles Challenge
Board: Postals
Reply to: #355225 by Songbird
Thread Board
Aren't we all supposed to send one to Littlemonkey like tomorrow or some such?
Reply to: #355210 by wassamatta u
Feb 25, 2009 8:09am
Thread Board
OOOOHHH MMMYYYY thanks for sharing....

GG
Reply to: #355221 by oread
Feb 25, 2009 8:09am
Thread Board

Blimey! Will ye stop talkin' aboot yer butt cheeks!?

SM
Reply to: #355228 by Scottie MacIncheese
Feb 25, 2009 8:14am
Thread Board
Uh oh, there is another SM? My bro had first pic of that! ha ha, nah, go ahead, its all good. Just teasin'. I posted the huh button. Just so you know.
OD
Reply to: #355219 by Lone R
Feb 25, 2009 8:22am
Thread Board
I have collected a number of online carving tutorials. Most of them are visual - online videos or web pages with lots of photos:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/lone-r/links.htm#carve

I hope it helps get you started. :)

Gee, mine isn't listed! I feel slighted! Whatever, you're welcome to check out my stamp carving site:

http://www.nettally.com/palmk/Rubber_Stamp_Carving_Tips.html
Reply to: #355228 by Scottie MacIncheese
Feb 25, 2009 8:23am
Thread Board
Blimey! Will ye stop talkin' aboot yer butt cheeks!?

Jealous since your butt cheeks are all black and blue from falling down the mountain?
Re: SUN and SUDS cross-post
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #355108 by CathCainGwen
Feb 25, 2009 8:27am
Thread Board
bowing to the great and powerful Lockwench!!! ohhhhhmmmmm ohhhhhmmmmmm

THANKYOU!!!

jackbear
Reply to: #355232 by oread
Feb 25, 2009 8:28am
Thread Board
OH I wish I had seen that fall... then I wouldn't feel so bad about my hiking....

GG
Re: No Cooties Patch
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #354987 by preboxed
Feb 25, 2009 8:29am
Thread Board
I think he is out. I asked for one a year or so ago and he said he had lost a bunch of them, and couldn't find the remainder, and he didn't plan on reordering. I think they are gone. Sounds like an opening...sounds like you can get them made!

jackbear
Re: Congrats Twue Wuv!!!
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #354794 by Zissou Intern
Feb 25, 2009 8:30am
Thread Board
Congratulations and felicitations Twue Wuv. :) Thanks for raising up a completely awesome family during that 30 years- all of your kids are delightful!

Have a mad fun weekend letterboxing, too!
Re: What, me worry?
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Reply to: #355154 by Leilanis Aunt
Feb 25, 2009 8:37am
Thread Board
I've been to the Great Connecticut Jazz Festival many times.

Oh, oh, oh!!! We'll have to plan to meet at the festival this summer! :-) I've been going almost every year since the late '80s and just love it! I'm glad you described so much detail about it, b/c it is SUCH a fun weekend & it would be great if other Grateful Letterboxers went this summer...we could have a mini-meet!!

I agree the Sunrise Resort was an EXCELLENT place for the festival, and we were so sad to find out that last year was it's final hurrah. Having two young children, the pool, playground, and mini-golf course were so appreciated. In the past several years we have stayed on site, either camping or in one of the funky little motel-like buildings. There were a few years that the festival moved elsewhere (can't rem where now), and that was lousy. We were thrilled when it returned to Sunrise. Ah well...all good things change...but sometimes for the better, we'll just have to see.

What worries me about the festival is that there are so few young people and we really need to get us youngsters in to keep it going. My husband actually made the video--he's not a videographer but he does film everything we do. The festival's PR person approached him and asked if he would put together a little something that they could link to the website. He tried to put in as much footage of young people as he could. We didn't make it to the Saturday night dance, but I'll make sure we do this summer b/c you are right--to watch people who REALLY know how to swing is amazing!

I'm optimistic that the new venue will be cool. :-) Seriously, though...we should meet up there!!!

~zess~
Reply to: #355231 by Kirbert
Feb 25, 2009 8:39am
Thread Board
Gee, mine isn't listed! I feel slighted! Whatever, you're welcome to check out my stamp carving site:

http://www.nettally.com/palmk/Rubber_Stamp_Carving_Tips.html

Ackkk. Sorry about that Kirbert. Check again in about 5 minutes. I'll add it right now.

Lone R