Feb 24, 2009 9:41am
Thread Board
what time? I will meet ya there! ;)
Re: carving on the pink stuff
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #354590 by the Dawg Pound
Feb 24, 2009 9:48am
Thread Board
I've done that, ...carved on both sides. I love the results. But it's true, you can't carve too deeply. I like the pink stuff, it's firm enough and cuts well. The Orange PZ cut I find is harder to cut and a bit thinner than the Pink stuff.
Give it a try, I say.

Sally-O
Re: Whats your worst LB spot ever????
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #242991 by IrishRef
Feb 24, 2009 9:49am
Thread Board
I've turned around and left a couple of times because something just didn't seem right. Trust your gut. A plastic box and an image in my book isn't worth life or limb, no matter how talented the carver may be!
Wild Rose
Re: Kitchen renovation ideas requested
Board: Home Improvement
Reply to: #354496 by Captain Slick Kitty
Feb 24, 2009 9:52am
Thread Board
I am so glad this topic came up!!--we are beginning to plan a kitchen redo as well.

A few of my friends have been through kitchen remodeling in the past few years. They both really love having a double oven--even though they don't have kids and are cooking only for 2, they both say they use both ovens all the time.

Get lots of good crockpot recipes as you won't have a kitchen to cook in. And get lots of paper plates since you won't have a DW--or even a kitchen sink. I'm thinking we will be doing dishes in the laundry sink in the basement.

I found a few links for the recycled glass countertops--I had been thinking about them too. Not sure if they will be in the budget, but who knows:

http://www.vetrazzo.com/
http://www.icestone.biz/
http://www.enviroglasproducts.com/

Good luck

BirdWoman/Waltzing Pigs
Re: Question About Listing A Unique Postal
Board: Postals
Reply to: #354530 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Feb 24, 2009 10:04am
Thread Board
I usually set mine up as a series. That way you can list all of them without crowding up the tracker.

I have seen it done where people list each one seperately too though :)
Reply to: #354692 by Littlemonkey
Feb 24, 2009 10:07am
Thread Board
Oh!~ I did not know that was possible with a postal. Thank you, that was a very useful piece of information!
Green Lady of the Knoll now available
Feb 24, 2009 10:09am
Board
The stamp was originally carved for the "Art by Brian Froud" LTC swap, but since it's just lying around, I'd thought I'd send it out as a postal.

Tracker can be found here: http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=3051
Embossing Multiple colors
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Feb 24, 2009 10:12am
Thread Board
I'm new to embossing, and just starting to test it out.
If I emboss something on an LTC, and then want to emboss something else on the same card, will I have problems with re-heating or re-melting the first part? Will it melt again and start to run into the new application, or will I get some other undesired result from overheating it, or something else I'm not thinking of?
Re: HORROR! I am soooo sorry!
Reply to: #354568 by Tri-Colored Paws
Feb 24, 2009 10:15am
Thread Board
I appreciate your story and how you feel. BUT, I think I speak for many out here on the boards, stamps are stamps, if we plant them in the wild, they too can come up missing. Your dog's health and well being is far more important than a stamp that can be recarved... maybe not quite the same, but certainly can be replaced!

I completely agree, this is supposed to be a hobby! When mailing stamps or placing them out into the wild you risk loss. I'm sure your dog will come out of this just fine, was probably a greater choking risk than anything. And any of my rings you're more than welcome to join in on!
Desperatly seeking info.
Board: State: New York
Feb 24, 2009 10:19am
Thread Board
I know it's been said but I truly want to thank LW for hosting yet another outstanding event. It's just what we need in upstate NY at the end of the winter when we all need to get out and get inspired. Well the dust has nearly setteled and I have almost everything logged in, just a few I'm missing and any input would be greatly appreciated. In the cootie, HH arena I can't find a name for the pretzel Lithium or alphabet stamps. I also can't find names for the stamps which the given names were Billy Barnette, OWK, So Happy, and Sunny Blaze. Two others are also confunding me. One was a small stamp of Alfalfa and one that looked like the Empire State Building in the backround w/ electric wires towards the front. Any help from any DSS goers???? Great seeing ya'll in 'cuse and hope to see ya on the trail.

ZH
Re: penny ultralight campstove
Board: Camping, Backpacking, and the Great Outdoors
Reply to: #354648 by Don and Gwen
Feb 24, 2009 10:21am
Thread Board
I looked them up on youtube... what kind of application would that .410 shotgun shell have? Watching the video, it didn't really damage the things they were shooting (or at least thats what it looked like). Mind you - i'm not really a gun guy but I don't NOT like them...

-bt-
Re: *mutter* *scream*
Board: Venting Board
Reply to: #354381 by Goofy girl
Feb 24, 2009 10:23am
Thread Board
I'm so sorry Goofy girl! I know how you feel though. Today or tomorrow I'm going to go out and replace one of my boxes for a third time. I'm planting it in a different park though. This one is really annoying for me, it has 2 stamps that I keep having to recarve, plus the written clues to find the second box in the series. I'm planting it in a park that's only a few miles from the park the second box is in. I don't want to retire it, because it my Buried Treasure of Captain Raehawk series and I put a TON of work into it and it seems to be appreciated as the series got a Blue Diamond. It is really irritating when a box goes missing once, but for a replacement goes missing too, that's really hard to take. I'm sorry and I'd give you more than one hug, but the button only lets me hit it once...

~Capt. Raehawk
RW&Y II - AQ Wo'Man Pageant
Board: State: North Carolina
Feb 24, 2009 10:24am
Thread Board
Fellas: Do you find yourself longing to wear a Dolly Parton wig? Have you ever dreamed of finding that size 14 stiletto in patent leather? Or, have you always wanted to feel the soft caress of a beaded evening gown against your skin?

Here is your chance to come out of the closet --- in your wife's clothes --- and STRUT your stuff in front of your letterboxing family and friends!

I'm looking for a few GOOD men that aren't afraid to get in touch with their feminine sides and aren't afraid to ham it up and have some fun! Oh, Wassa, where are you when North Carolina needs you the most. . .

And, it will be for a good letterboxing cause. All funds generated from the Wo'man Pageant will go toward the costs of an annual North Carolina event. That event is one that I have sworn in blood and spit to keep secret until all details have been finalized. There are some boxers involved in a ring of secrecy plotting to devise a super fantastic event. Really, if I could give you another clue I would. But, I fear the ring would take me out should I spill anything else.

Back to the Wo'man Pageant. Contestants may compete against one another wearing their choice of either evening wear or their best career wear. PLEASE --- THIS IS NOT A SWIMWEAR COMPETITION!! Save the thongs for the beach!

Votes will be counted in dollars. The audience may vote as many times as they like --- the more dollars the more votes! And, at the end of the evening one of the contestants will walk away with the prestigious title of Ms. AQ Wo'Man, a sash and a crown!

Guinea pigs. . . er, I mean POTENTIAL contestants should AQ mail me with their intention to vie for this coveted title. See below for Official Rules for Entering Competition.

C
TCC

OFFICIAL RULES FOR ENTERING MS. AQ WO'MAN CONTEST

1. Males between the ages of 9 - 90 may enter by AQ mailing The Celtic Clan.
2. Must compete in women's evening wear or best career wear clothing.
3. All unnatural enhancements are encouraged. This includes but is not limited to: the wearing of make-up, false eyelashes, fingernails, padded or stuffed bras, padded derrieres, wigs or hairpieces and etc.
4. Must be willing to entertain the audience on-stage by performing a talent as part of the competition. Arm farts, nose whistling, and other laugh inducing acts are encouraged along with traditional talent acts such as music, song, poetry reading and dance.
5. Must be dressed and ready to mingle with the crowd encouraging the dollar voting beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 27, 2009 at the Old Rock School in Valdese, NC.
6. At 7:00 p.m. the pageant portion of the Red, White & You II event will begin.
7. There are no scholarships, cars or fancy trips awarded as part of the Ms. AQ Wo'Man Pageant. Winner receives the name only title of Ms. AQ Wo'Man, a sash and a genuine, 24 kt. plastic crown encrusted with paste jewels.
8. Knowing it takes a better Dude that looks like a Lady!
Re: Gooooooooood Morningggggg! NC
Reply to: #354674 by turtlelove
Feb 24, 2009 10:24am
Thread Board
I blamed you!! Mwahahaha...

I knew that sweetness was just an act...... HUMPH

Dina B.
home gobbling lunch.... then back to the office. I finally am woke up and feeling FINE !!!
I think Charlie and I are going out to dinner tonight. That may be what has PERKED me up !!!
Reply to: #354397 by BuffaloTony
Feb 24, 2009 10:25am
Thread Board
the redbull stove, I'd like to see a picture of it

I've added picture of it to the album.
Feb 24, 2009 10:27am
Thread Board
My dog also chewed up someone's stamp. I profusely apologized to the owner over and over and felt horrible about it for the longest time. Fortunately she didn't get to the logbook. She also chew the body off of a dog I carved, so I just sent out the head...thought it was kind of appropriate. Don't worry, you/your dog will be forgiven and you should not give up postals.

The stamp material should not be toxic. The only problem would be if your dog ate a large enouugh piece to cause an obstruction, which I think is pretty unlikely.

er dvm
Thread Board
Aw you poor thing, do NOT even think of blaming yourself for this one. Dogs do what dogs want, they are still animals after all.

I don't think the carving mediums are any more harmful to a dog than chewing on sneakers or rubber chew toys. After having that nail through my shoe & hearing how bacteria actually grows in the rubber soles of shoes, you wonder what antibodies build up in animals that make them resistant to it!

You can still do postals & carve stamps, just find a better hiding place for them when you're not actually with the box. I use little baskets from the dollar store to hold lots of things right on the wall...out of the way from any animals.

I don't think anyone should be bitter towards you, accidents happen & you were truthful. Please don't be hard on yourself or too upset with that dog, it was an accident plain & simple.

Feel free to join any of my postals in the future & please keep us posted on that little guy/gal.

LM
Re: RW&Y II - AQ Wo'Man Pageant
Reply to: #354703 by The Celtic Clan
Thread Board
I soooo can not wait for this!
Re: New Letter boxer, and exited to be!
Board: State: Oklahoma
Reply to: #354632 by Grinning Lady
Feb 24, 2009 10:28am
Thread Board
I will have to look because I think we only got double lighting that was listed here....

Thanks for letting me know and if you plant there let me know too I will seek it.

GG
Re: Cootie-Free Event (opt out)
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #354603 by turkey feathers
Feb 24, 2009 10:29am
Thread Board
HEY TF you will be happy to know I have carved 5 now... and put them on clothes pins for easy dispersion.

GG
Reply to: #354705 by Funhog
Feb 24, 2009 10:29am
Thread Board
awesome, funhog. you said before that it doesn't use less fuel than the other stove?

-bt-
Re: question about a boston butt I have in the crock pot
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #354651 by Wendy
Feb 24, 2009 10:30am
Thread Board
Come on Wendy I will help you get away jump into my fishbowl and I will row us outta here....

GG
No More Country boards besides Middle East
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Thread Board
I am now in Spain working and there are no letterboxes nearby...the horrors...y'all be safe...BR1
Re: carving on the pink stuff
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #354606 by Baqash
Thread Board
One of the hazards of boxing sometimes. Gotta live with it. No pain no gain.
Reply to: #354693 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Thread Board
When you're setting up the box, it's right after the attributes. It says series info. You can name each one, change the order if you need to & even mark each one as active or retired :)

Let me know if you need any more info/help with it
Re: New Board: Beer
Board: Beer
Reply to: #354652 by Gallant Rogue
Feb 24, 2009 10:31am
Thread Board
Welcome! So, what's everyone's favorite beer?
Re: New Board: Beer
Board: Beer
Reply to: #354718 by Captain Raehawk
Feb 24, 2009 10:32am
Thread Board
Any beer made by Flying Dog
Re: Happy Cake Day to....
Board: Happy Cake Day!
Reply to: #354591 by Bobguyman
Feb 24, 2009 10:35am
Thread Board
WOOO HOOO KOOOKKKYY KIRBY"S CAKE DAY!!!!!!!! and KNIGHTSOCOLUMBO and JABBERJOBOB

************throws confetti, balloons, rolls out cake and ice cream***************

GG
Re: Desperatly seeking info.
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #354700 by Zen Hunter
Feb 24, 2009 10:36am
Thread Board
I believe the Alfalfa stamp is one of the Demented Valentines and the Empire State Building is one of the Desperately Seeking Apples... I'll have to go back to my logbook to check.
Re: Whats your worst LB spot ever????
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #242834 by Wereallinthistogether
Feb 24, 2009 10:37am
Thread Board
the one where my box has been taken twice.

GG