Search

Read Messages

Re: College Football Trifecta!
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #275563 by Wild Dreams
Aug 31, 2008 5:56am
Thread Board
Roll Tide!

Comment goes very nicely with the premium hat.
BALLYHOO
Board: State: North Carolina
Aug 31, 2008 5:57am
Thread Board
The BIRTHDAY BOXING BALLYHOO was a big Success !!
PICTURES are posted on our BLOG..posted below....... check them out !!

We're STILL worn out today.... and before I even got my first drink of coffee Charlie said "Ready to go Boxing?"..... Jeeeezzzzzzzzzz !!!! He IS posessed !!! But he had a great time !!! Could hardly tell that he had a bad knee. Someone said "That's LETTERBOXING ADRENELIN KICKING IN...... doesn't matter how he feels if he wants to BOX".

http://theseekers1108.blogster.com/through-the-magnifying-glass-ballyhoo-edition-08-31_310808084117

Hope you enjoy the pics !
Re: About night boxing....
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #275577 by Fiddleheads
Aug 31, 2008 5:58am
Thread Board
The white tacks lead you in, and the red tacks lead you out.

Thats an awesome idea! We almost got lost doing one night box trying to get out, it was fun/scary at the same time.
Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
Board: Food For Thought
Aug 31, 2008 6:17am
Thread Board
I just got one (V3840) for my anniversary and I am loving it! I want to get some of the accessories for it, including the canning jar sealer. Does anyone have a Foodsaver? Do you do Mason jars with it? Any tips for freezing veggies? any experiences you want to share?

Thanks,
~resQlou
Re: Picnic Series..
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #275561 by System
Aug 31, 2008 6:18am
Thread Board
Thanks! I am up to Green Street. I think I'll park there and pick up from where I left off. With any luck, and some good weather later this week, I hope to finish it. It's a great series and one that is taking me some time to do. I am enjoying that.
Re: Stn. mtn. fees up! :(
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #275579 by Eidolon
Aug 31, 2008 6:21am
Thread Board
Based on the fee schedule, they shouldn't. But the cops might arrest you since divided highways do not allow pedestrians and that may constitute trespassing or something...

I bet the gate from Stone Mtn village is easier! But then again you just use the PATH.
Re: Rare card oppurtunity
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #275552 by sunmoonandstars
Aug 31, 2008 6:23am
Thread Board
It is similar to a postal (though I have never done one), but it dosn't have it's own stamp. I just wanted the card to be enjoyed, but I also wanted it back. And I didn't want people to just get it, and put it right back in the mail. They take a moment to add to the LTC with their trail stamp.

Sorry this confused you! It is a pretty crazy, but fun idea!

Bookboy
Event letterbox notice!
Board: State: Connecticut
Aug 31, 2008 6:29am
Board
Tentative notice for an event letterbox at the North Haven Fair in North Haven CT. Our girl scout troop (#60354) is creating a letterboxing exhibit in the scouting exhibits and we want to have a real letterbox there for folks to sign in to. We set up our exhibit on Tuesday Sept 2nd between 7 & 9 PM. I'll be bringing a letterbox with a carved event stamp to be part of the exhibit. I don't have clues yet and am hoping it will be easy to plant the event letterbox at the exhibit. I will have to post details about the letterbox Tuesday evening. Information about the North Haven Fair can be found at http://www.northhaven-fair.com/information.htm. It is a fun fair to attend, it has everything from handicraft & baked good exhibits to commercial exhibits to livestock exhibits to carnival rides. There is an admission fee to enter the fairgrounds.
I've created an event letterbox listing for this but it may not show until Sept 4th so wanted to get the word out....I at first had mistakenly listed it as a letterboxing event - ooops!
My girl scouts have done a lot with letterboxing so we decided to submit an exhibit to the fair! We also are doing a townwide letterboxing workshop at our library Oct 8th but I think you have to be a North Haven resident to attend.
Re: Beautiful Ohio's Edge Gathering
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #275505 by Safari Man
Aug 31, 2008 6:51am
Thread Board
looks like you guys had a great event yesterday too.ours was great also and we had a cat show up here too. lol it was so cute all the kids had fun with him. glad you had a great time mabe someday we'll get to make one of your great OH events.
Re: About night boxing....
Reply to: #275538 by 7trailwanderers
Aug 31, 2008 7:02am
Thread Board
...so, how does one go about this? Parks close early and it'd look mighty fishy boxing near businesses.

You have to find places that you CAN access late without arousing suspicion. Investigate the details; you may assume that your parks all close at dusk but many sports field types close at 11 or 12. Many older cemeteries may have a side road that can get you away from the main road. But with all night box planting you have to be aware of many more things. You cannot expect someone to be able to sit at a cemetery at midnight for 45 minutes without arousing suspicion from either passersby or more likely, a steward/pastor who lives next door and will investigate the late night arrival of a vehicle. Same thing with pulling off the road or some other place you would not normally be after dark.

Are certain boxes hidden specifically for night boxing?

Yes, hence the term "night box". You cannot find them during they day. They generally require flashlights to follow reflective markers and you very seldom can do this when the sun is up.

How do we find clues so look for some night boxes ourselves?

Read the clues. There is nothing special to designate them as "night only" from an AQ standpoint.
Re: Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
Reply to: #275583 by resQlou
Aug 31, 2008 7:11am
Thread Board
Does anyone have a Foodsaver? Do you do Mason jars with it?

We have the Foodsaver and love it too. I never used the Mason jars, but bought some of the canisters and bowls for storing. We love them as well. Word of warning. These canisters only stayed sealed for about a month then you need to open and reseal. I had a canister of powdered sugar on the top shelf and my husband picked it up by the top(from over his head) and spilled it over him from head to toe. He looked like the Pillsbury Doughboy standing there. I laughed til I cried! I made him stand still while I vacuumed him off.

Back to the Foodsaver. Ours only lasted about 3 years and started not sealing properly. I will buy another one once we can unpack and use it. It is great for veggies. I put raw greenbeans in them and froze them. They come out like fresh. Same with corn on the cob. I have frozen the whole ear of corn and it is very good when cooked. I cut it off the cob, put butter in the bag with it, freeze it, then when you're ready to use it, put the whole bag in a pot of boiling water. Yummm! I freeze leftover soup in them. I would buy big pack of meat, divide it and then freeze them.
Hope you enjoy yours too.
Re: Scrapbook Store Adventure - Update
Reply to: #275569 by Silva Foot Family
Aug 31, 2008 7:12am
Thread Board
did you have christopher go in with him? oh come on!
it could have been fun to watch the police show up while your in the car, have him running out of the store, and have the police chase you down the street. all for scrapbook paper!

that business stays open because of people like you buying their stuff!
without you, the closed sign would never say open!

david (team new hampshire)
http://teamnewhampshire.blogspot.com
Juggling Beatles
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Aug 31, 2008 7:13am
Thread Board
Hubby found this the other day and I just had to share. This guy is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8f8drk5Urw

Florida Sunsets
1st finder certificate
Aug 31, 2008 7:17am
Thread Board
We're new to letterboxing; what a great time we are having. We have been fortunate enough to be a "first finder" on a couple of letterboxes. We have a couple of letterboxes of our own to place. Is there a place that letterboxers get the template for "first time finder certificates", or just make our own. The two we found looked like they used the same format even though they were not placed by the same letterboxer, so I thought maybe there was a template available.

Thanks,
Kay
Reply to: #275493 by T REX
Aug 31, 2008 7:22am
Thread Board
I have thought about this for a bit now and have decided to Pull ALL of my boxes in the park!

Hey, wait! I haven't found some of them yet! But that DOES open up the whole Indian Ridge trail... I call dibs!

Just kidding ;)T price is 10 but boxes stay! ;)T

Shucks...

*S
Re: Drumroll, please...
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #275571 by the Sleuthsters
Aug 31, 2008 7:23am
Thread Board
And it looks great!!!

Thank you!!! :o)
Paddle In on Labor Day
Board: Event News and Planning
Aug 31, 2008 7:24am
Thread Board
OK folks, i know this is probably a little short on time, but i just recently got back a traveling event stamp called : Knowing New England - Lengend of the Local Letterboxer.
this event stamp will be brought with me to the event tomorrow at Paddle In (Rome, ME)

now, in order to get this stamp, you must scrapbook a sheet a of paper about you and your letterboxing life, bla bla whatever, and add it to the book. i can adhear the page into the book when i get home. all you need is to put it on a 7x10 peice of paper.

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=34627

david (team new hampshire)
http://teamnewhampshire.blogspot.com
Re: Live and Breathe Questions
Board: State: Oregon
Reply to: #275566 by Poodle Circus
Aug 31, 2008 7:39am
Thread Board
Hey, can someone send me the link to the cafe press page? I can't find it and my migrain is making it hard for me to look at the screen.
Thanks!!
Re: Beautiful Ohio's Edge Gathering
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #275505 by Safari Man
Aug 31, 2008 7:58am
Thread Board
Wonderful, just wonderful........Granny and Coffee Mug did a great job for the first ever "Edge" event. Everything was perfect, including the facilities, the weather, the table toppers, the food, the hospitality. Thank you so much. I hope you get rested today. Peggy/Lady of Many Hats
Reply to: #275579 by Eidolon
Thread Board
Do they charge you if you walk through the front gates?

I know you can bike in the west gate for free. Same police fees would apply to trying to bike into the main gate. Therefore, I assume walking is fine, if you can do so legally.
Re: Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
Reply to: #275590 by Hale s Angel
Thread Board
I love my foodsaver too!

Oddly enough I have found a letterboxing use for mine!
After carving my stamps, I glue them to their foam backing with gorilla glue, then I place them in a bag and vacu-seal them. Works great.
Oh I love it for food too!

HC
Re: Scrapbook Store Adventure - Update
Reply to: #275591 by Team New Hampshire
Aug 31, 2008 7:59am
Thread Board
No, Christopher didn't go with him. He went after work. I didn't want to go and buy the paper because of the rudeness that they had exibited the other day, but I couldn't find that paper elsewhere without spending a LOT more money.

Silva Foot
Re: What are LTC's
Reply to: #275604 by System
Aug 31, 2008 8:23am
Thread Board
We won't beat you.... LOL

LTCs are the same size as standard baseball cards. 2.5" X3.5". The only rules are the size... and that they have to contain one hand carved stamp. From there you decorate them with other embellishments such as ribbon, sequins, stickers, etc. Or... you can leave it with just the stamp. It's up to you !!!
You make a "set"... a certain number of identical cards... and number them 1/27,2/27,3/27, ETC.... then post them as a BOX, choosing LTC as the TYPE OF BOX.....and offer them up for trade.
Let us know when you make some...... we'll be glad to trade.
Re: Ballyhoo PT's-- info. on ours
Reply to: #275338 by Rottie Love
Aug 31, 2008 8:25am
Thread Board
Here's a sweet photo of Alex with his pet.
Re: Juggling Beatles
Reply to: #275592 by Redefining Normal
Aug 31, 2008 8:29am
Thread Board
WOW!! That's cool!! =D

~BOB~
Re: Ballyhoo PT's-- info. on ours
Reply to: #275606 by The Wolf Family
Aug 31, 2008 8:29am
Thread Board
I'm not a "rat" person, but that is a nice pic. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Juggling Beatles
Reply to: #275607 by Bobguyman
Aug 31, 2008 8:32am
Thread Board
Oh My gosh thats Amazing!!!! ~jman~
Re: Paddle In on Labor Day
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #275596 by Team New Hampshire
Aug 31, 2008 8:33am
Thread Board
Oh no! Homework? Hey Mud, got crib notes?
Happy Cake Day!!
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Aug 31, 2008 8:41am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day to BullDawg and Blackberry Patch!! =D

~BOB~
Re: What are LTC's
Reply to: #275605 by theseekers1108
Aug 31, 2008 8:42am
Thread Board
theseekers forgot to mention that they are also highly addictive and slightly therapeutic!!