Search

Read Messages

Re: 8/10 Olympics Spoiler
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #264644 by Team Awesome
Aug 11, 2008 12:18pm
Thread Board
Yes, indeed congrats to them!!!

I just baked a big ol' "Humble" Pie. Maybe I should I use the "Silver" when it gets served?

Possibly some "crow" to eat for main course?

All in all... "well done" to the team!! (just cant seem to get away from those cooking terms.) LOL

MLR
virtuals
Board: Virtuals
Aug 11, 2008 12:28pm
Thread Board
will someone please do my virtuals they are What kind of dog am I? and What team am I?
Re: virtuals
Reply to: #265171 by Team Double A
Aug 11, 2008 12:29pm
Thread Board
People will get to them....have patience. There are a lot of virtuals out there.

TG
Re: Testing.... this is only a test.....
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #265024 by aloha friday
Aug 11, 2008 12:30pm
Thread Board
GT...as i am a Red Hatter, do you have any of those in stock?

deniserows
right by the age thing
Looking for new host for boxing buddies!
Board: Boxing Buddies
Aug 11, 2008 12:31pm
Thread Board
Would anybody like to host my daughter's(FunkyMonkey12) boxing buddies? She has two available at the time. Their names are BB: Sugar the Puppy, and Boxing Buddy:Coffee the Cat. If you would like to host either one of them, contact me on AtlasQuest.

Thank you,
LeafMonkey
Re: Round LnL's logbook tools
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #265017 by deniserows
Aug 11, 2008 12:35pm
Thread Board
Quote The Marvy blue clever lever punch 2" opening makes perfect circles for logbooks. The pink punch fits exactly inside but is a little tight.
With a Micheals or Joanns coupon and they are only $6.

We us the pink Marvy 2 1/2 inch punch. It's a snug fit, but it gives maximum stamping area for the small box. You can get it at AC Moore with the on-line 40 % off coupon. Both punches are excellent!

The Merry Pranksters
Brand New Virtual
Aug 11, 2008 12:38pm
Thread Board
Brand new virtual called Cleveland Indians!!!!!!!!
Re: So....what's the hardest stamp you've ever carved?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #264654 by BrewHiker
Aug 11, 2008 12:40pm
Thread Board
You don't earn Blue Diamonds on your Personal Travelers... ;-)

BINGO! :) I'm not going to be insulted if I don't get one but I'm working hard to reach Blue Diamond quality with most of my latest plants.

S.L.
Reply to: #265175 by deniserows
Aug 11, 2008 12:45pm
Thread Board
You know... Ya'll are making me want to be a premium member just to see it there is a cow spot hat.
Reply to: #265175 by deniserows
Aug 11, 2008 12:45pm
Thread Board
Hmmm... An Easter Bonnet?? Or how about Gilligan's hat??

Oh shoot, I've got to leave for work and I can't think and remember what everyone's already guessed.. hahaha.. I guess I'll keep the regular green one :-) ...

But everyone looks beautiful in their nice perty hats, yes indeed!!

Enjoy your evening,

Nanni
Reply to: #264938 by Green Tortuga
Aug 11, 2008 12:46pm
Thread Board
I've got a selection of 25 or so hats to choose from. If you can guess one that hasn't been used already, I'll be happy to give it to you. =)

Did someone already say Tilley? Do you have one of those?

Lone R
Re: So....what's the hardest stamp you've ever carved?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #264666 by 8 Bare Feet
Aug 11, 2008 12:47pm
Thread Board
But I guess practice makes perfect.

In this case it really does. The biggest lesson I've learned from carving is that the way to make a good stamp is to take your sweet time. Whenever I try to get around that I make a mistake.

That and a REALLY GOOD magnifier help a lot. My current magnifier was a gift from a veteran who has poor eye sight. He was able to get a "machine" from the V.A. that enlarged print that's about this size to letters that take up an entire TV screen. Stick a piece of rubber under there and you can carve just about anything.

S.L.
Reply to: #265215 by Lone R
Aug 11, 2008 12:49pm
Thread Board
I've got a selection of 25 or so hats to choose from. If you can guess one that hasn't been used already, I'll be happy to give it to you. =)

How about a Chef's hat for a Pasta Mom?
Re: About the new hat...
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #265059 by Hufflepuff Lost
Aug 11, 2008 12:51pm
Thread Board
Love your hat Hufflepuff Lost! We match!!!! :o)

The Merry Pranksters
Reply to: #265223 by Pasta Mom
Aug 11, 2008 12:51pm
Thread Board
already taken
Reply to: #264947 by The Little Foxes
Aug 11, 2008 12:53pm
Thread Board
trying to letterbox with a beanie with a propeller would not be very stealthy either......

Bumbleboo, the smallest member of the Sunnyside clan, has one of these. I'm not sure if he's ever boxed in it though, but I think it would be great for stealth. Whenever he wears it everyone is so busy fawning over him that I could probably grow a second head and they would not notice!

Sunnyside Seeker
Reply to: #265225 by The Merry Pranksters
Aug 11, 2008 12:55pm
Thread Board
All the hat excitement was the last silly thing to push me into actually paying for a membership! Had to get me one! ;o)

HPL
Re: Presidential Elections
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #264605 by Hufflepuff Lost
Aug 11, 2008 12:56pm
Thread Board
Mind you, the lines not being exposed to the elements may also mean less maintenance needs to be done!

At the same time, it's got to be more difficult to figure out where the origins of problems are. We usually lose internet when it rains here....some squirrel probably chewed a hole in the line....we can't even get the telephone company to come out and fix that when our lines are above ground. I'd hate to think of how annoying it would be to get them to fix occasional problems that would result from ants and the like.

S.L.
Re: Nursing Moms LTC and Shel Silverstein Revisited
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #263965 by Foreign Contaminant
Aug 11, 2008 12:57pm
Thread Board
I made a Nursing Mom LTC for each of you that requested it and I ended up with 12. Unfortunately, I'm only finding 11 names though. Please email me if you requested it and your name is not on this list:

littlmoon
LunaSea
Quiet Place
kmbaker
Mother of Five
just4bees
Hornicorn
Moon Flower
Mumma and Bunny Boy
sunmoonandstars
Poodle Dudes

And, just four requests for Snake Problem right?

Geometry Junkie
alamocito
Mother of Five
kmbaker

I did send out an email to several of you this morning about personalization for your Nursing Mom LTC. Please know that I have a very limited supply of the pink and blue so they will be given out on a first come basis. ;)

~ Autumn
Reply to: #265246 by Hufflepuff Lost
Aug 11, 2008 12:59pm
Thread Board
WooHooo!!! :o)

The Merry Pranksters
Reply to: #265210 by Fluffy Cow
Aug 11, 2008 1:00pm
Thread Board
Ya'll are making me want to be a premium member

Yeah, me too. I'll run the numbers on my LB Trail Hat Paypal account and see if I can make it work.

If I join can I get a tri-corn hat? :)

S.L.
Re: Brand New Virtual
Reply to: #265191 by Team Double A
Aug 11, 2008 1:02pm
Thread Board
i did that virtual, nice virtual...just having trouble on the What team am I? one...lol

Butterfly Melody
Re: Zip the bags, zip the bags, zip the bags . . . PLEASE!
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #264969 by Hufflepuff Lost
Aug 11, 2008 1:03pm
Thread Board
I'm experimenting with one of my letterboxes - container is a lock n lock, logbook isn't in a baggie.

I recall someone mentioning that they had issues with people putting the LnL lids on upside-down so the seal was the wrong way. I guess in those situations the ziploc is your only hope of protection; but how frequently would that happen? I would think most people know how to put lids on containers! hehehe!

I wouldn't ... I started just using LnLs without baggies. 4 times total (1 was 2 times on 1 box) someone put the stuff back together wrong and the logbook got wet. I KNOW you are gonna say I did not put those 3 boxes in dry spots. But ...

ONE of those times it was just not put back together at all. It was sitting out in the open in a sunken spot and was wet.

The 2 time loser box was sitting on a big flat rock in a tree trunk with a rock on top of it to put it above water ... just in case and to make it higher in the tree to hide it. When I found it after damage reports, both times, the rocks were in front of the box. The clues indicated that the box was sitting ON the rock and to please put it back ON the rock.

The other damage was a poor plant in that it was a spot that got soaked when it rained. If the LnL had been put together right, it would have been fine. If I had put in baggies, it might have been fine too.

I am back to baggies inside the LnL.
Re: The Great Race '08: Update
Reply to: #264592 by Team New Hampshire
Aug 11, 2008 1:06pm
Thread Board
wait until montana or north dakota comes around

Right, so while you're slugging through those states in order to get to Oregon, California, Washington and the like, I hope have already gotten the western states........ That way, I'll be slugging through them in order to finish the loop. :)

S.L.
Re: Check it out!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #264961 by The Little Foxes
Aug 11, 2008 1:09pm
Thread Board
Love the new look. Do it, Cat's Meow. A Cat in the Hat hat for the Beautiful Edge event. Hope to see it then.
Re: Cola Chocolate Chip Cake
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #264784 by theseekers1108
Aug 11, 2008 1:09pm
Thread Board
Let me know how you like it :)
Reply to: #265049 by 7trailwanderers
Aug 11, 2008 1:12pm
Thread Board
I got a new hat too! All you have to do is whine enough. ;-)

Knit Wit
Re: Zip the bags, zip the bags, zip the bags . . . PLEASE!
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #265273 by Butterfly Suzy
Aug 11, 2008 1:13pm
Thread Board
ONE of those times it was just not put back together at all. It was sitting out in the open in a sunken spot and was wet.

Of course in this case, zippy bags wouldn't help anyway. But I hear you in the other situations; this is why I haven't followed through on the experiment yet! It's sad when people don't "care for your gift" like you hope they will... I've been fortuate so far, but then I only have 2 boxes planted. (I am off to plant two more today! Yippee!)

HPL :o)
Re: McTroll boxes
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #265111 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Aug 11, 2008 1:13pm
Thread Board
I'm guessing you have plenty of John Deere's represented??
Reply to: #265118 by Green Tortuga
Aug 11, 2008 1:14pm
Thread Board
Uh oh, looks like Ryan's joined the "letterboxing police"! LOL

I thought the pirate hat suited you better, GT. Thanks for the knit cap BTW!

Knit Wit