Aug 11, 2008 8:02am
Thread Board
We shall see.
Tuttle the Travelin' Turtle
Board: Boxing Buddies
Aug 11, 2008 8:03am
Board
Hi there,
Tuttle has been with SITE Sleuths for the month of July and part of August. While she was there she got to do some great boxing adventures as well as an event. Her main purpose was to help teach Site Sleuths class about the letter "T". Tuttle really liked this because she is used to spending time in the classroom and has taught many children about Sea Turtle Conservation.

She is looking for a host to visit for the remaining month of August until mid-September. Please e-mail me and send your address, so I can forward it to SITE Sleuths.

Thanks so much,
Turtlelove~Tuttle's Mom

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=49520
Re: When travelling how do you decide which box(es) to look
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #263880 by Fiddleheads
Aug 11, 2008 8:07am
Thread Board
Reputation of the carver...an interesting one. In Lone R's case, if she has a box listed, I KNOW that it's there and in good condition. No one maintains their boxes better than she does.

Note that I did say planter reputation. In reality, sometimes it is a combination of factors from planter/owner/carver/author. Since I tend to travel in the same areas most of the time, I usally have some impressions to work with. As dorky as it sounds, it all comes down to cost:benefit and risk analysis. The more my resources are constrained, the more I am going to use any information I can gather to plan my outing. One thing I like about AQ is that it allows me to efficiently gather and store that information efficiently.

Sunnyside Seeker
Re: Almost there .....
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #264801 by knit wit
Aug 11, 2008 8:11am
Thread Board
TWO away from P50.

NOPE .... make that ONE !
Re: What happened to the chick?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #264798 by knit wit
Aug 11, 2008 8:17am
Thread Board
those still seeing the globe is a ways behind....

if your browser's cache is storing the old favicon it could change and change and you'd not know it for awhile.
you MUST clear your cache
in firefox you also have to close out the browser completely after clearing the cache...
and don't be on an AQ page before closing it...
that will just keep it in the cache

I am gonna go do it now to see if i have a campfire

dixie
who really LOVES the chick
Re: Gatlinburg Mini-Meet II
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #264242 by NanniPapawTo4
Aug 11, 2008 8:19am
Thread Board
Well since y'all are so much trouble !

I decided I will come to just to add to the trouble !

The Troll Master cometh !

LOL

Holly
Reply to: #264808 by Dixie
Aug 11, 2008 8:21am
Thread Board
ok, I'm not so computer savy...so how do I clear my cache?

I missed out on seeing the ever changing hat...and I've never had anything but the globe, please help :)
Re: Thank you!
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #264766 by littlmoon
Aug 11, 2008 8:23am
Thread Board
We are all very proud of this accomplishment!!!! congrats Moonie :)
Reply to: #264810 by snapdragon
Aug 11, 2008 8:26am
Thread Board
I can tell you if you are using Firefox but if using internet Explorer...
I have forgotten... I have not used it in a long time but I can go figure it out :)

are you using Firefox?

dixie
thinks Firefox is the absolute most awesomist browser ever ;)
Reply to: #264808 by Dixie
Aug 11, 2008 8:27am
Thread Board
sorry...
cleared all the cache etc and I still have the Chick!
which I am GLAD!
I think someone is pulling our chick LEGS ;)
Re: Frustrated with patch company - help!
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #264787 by Three Hearts
Aug 11, 2008 8:29am
Thread Board
at the bottom right of this page is a list of patch companies and links to their sites
http://www.dixiegraphix.com/letterbox/patches/main.html
Reply to: #264773 by Gadabout
Aug 11, 2008 8:31am
Thread Board
Quote OK, so this morning my AQ favicon is a little campfire looking thing instead of the chick

MMMMMM... grilled chicken!
Aug 11, 2008 8:33am
Thread Board
I used Moritz Embroidery ( http://www.moritzembroidery.com/html/index.aspx ), and was thrilled with the quick turn-around, good prices, and VERY helpful people.
-wassamatta_u
Re: About the new hat...
Reply to: #264710 by 7trailwanderers
Thread Board
I have to ask, where are you seeing a viking hat? I am seeing a Robin Hood hat....

TG
Reply to: #264813 by Dixie
Thread Board
Internet Explorer :)
Reply to: #264819 by wassamatta u
Aug 11, 2008 8:34am
Thread Board
Thanks, everyone, for your quick and helpful responses! :o)
Reply to: #264820 by Trekkie Gal
Aug 11, 2008 8:37am
Thread Board
it's ONLY on Ryan's profile...
not on ours :)
Re: Do you go paperless?
Reply to: #264793 by Lone R
Thread Board
Quote Copy and paste LBNA clues into a word processing program and then download the file to my PDA (Personal Digital Assistant).

You can streamline a lot of that step by using Pluckr to grab the clues from LbNA. Set up a new channel in Pluckr and set the URL to be http://www.letterboxing.org/BoxByRegion.php?region=Ontario,%20CAN . This will get you most of the clues for Ontario automatically. The only difficulty is the boxes with clues that are more than two levels deep because the planter didn't do a direct link to the clue on LbNA. For those ones you'll have to do it manually.

Also, with the latest set of patches on AQ, you can now download your personal notes when you do a PDA download. This is useful if you've received a WOM clue that you want to keep attached to the box listing on AQ, or if you've solved a mystery box and want to have a convenient place to keep the decrypted clue.

dave
Re: Any 08-08-08 Babies Today?!
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #263984 by Foreign Contaminant
Thread Board
My daughter's birth date is 8/8/88, so she turned 20 last Friday.
T2 Boxing Birthday Bash: Carvers wanted
Board: State: Massachusetts
Aug 11, 2008 8:39am
Thread Board
Hi folks! I'm working on another fall birthday bash -- having some trouble with the date -- don't want to be too close to FrightNight4. But it will be in early October . . . sooooo. . . . I'm looking for volunteers to carve. I want to place a couple of series out there for him to find! Are you willing to carve? One of the things he'd like is a tribute to the 2008 Red Sox -- including players. I don't think they have to be portraits, if that's not your thing. Let me know if there's something you'd be willing to do between now and October 1st! I'll be posting the event, hopefully by the end of this week! THANKS!
Reply to: #264823 by Dixie
Aug 11, 2008 8:39am
Thread Board
it's ONLY on Ryan's profile...
not on ours :)

I was basing my question on this statement:

How did it come about that a viking hat was chosen to represent premium members?

So you can see where my confusion comes from, right? :D

TG
Re: Anyone on Facebook?
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #254863 by the pink dragon
Aug 11, 2008 8:41am
Thread Board
OK...so I'm in!

And guess what....I have a bet with a friend that I can get 200 friends in 30 days. I'm counting on you Letterboxing fanatics!

We're all friends, right?

So....let's see how many letterboxing friends jackbear can get...

Look for me.... John Ballou ...I have a hat on in my profile picture.
2 openings
Aug 11, 2008 8:41am
Board
There are still 2 openings in my board games swap. The due date is Aug 31st, but if anyone is interested then I will work with them on extending the due date to provide time to get their cards in. Please contact me through AQ mail if you are interested.

DW
Re: Testing.... this is only a test.....
Reply to: #264737 by BaliWho
Aug 11, 2008 8:42am
Thread Board
I agree! That "ignore thread" button is in the wrong location! I've almost clicked on it several times already, too........

GT,
Could you possibly move the 'ignore thread' link over by the new post and reply links, or even to the center of the line?

When I'm done reading a board, I click the "my page" link at the bottom of the page, but I've almost clicked the ignore thread link three times already since it's right above the my page link now.

Thanks,
Bali
Aug 11, 2008 8:45am
Thread Board
Reply to: #264821 by snapdragon
Aug 11, 2008 8:46am
Thread Board
Ok...
Internet Explorer (IE) doesn't give as many options to the user as Firefox but here is what you do...

go up to the menu and click on Tools
then down to Internet Options
on the General tab you should see an option for Browsing History
you will want to delete the cache there

again... don't be viewing AQ as you do this or as you close the browser if you want to clear the memory of what the browser is seeing on AQ... make sure to close the browser out after the cleaning....and then even after coming back you may have to refresh your pages a few times...
Thick?
Aug 11, 2008 8:57am
Thread Board
What is the definition of the "thick" icon in a listing? Is it used for anything that is not flat to the card itself? I want to list my first LTC, but want to make sure that it is listed properly,
Re: T2 Boxing Birthday Bash: Carvers wanted
Reply to: #264826 by The Travelers 4
Aug 11, 2008 8:57am
Thread Board
Quote Let me know if there's something you'd be willing to do between now and October 1st!

I'm definately in!

Larry
Re: T2 Boxing Birthday Bash: Carvers wanted
Reply to: #264826 by The Travelers 4
Aug 11, 2008 8:58am
Thread Board
Quote I'm looking for volunteers to carve.

I'm in!!! :o)

Should be good for three stamps. Contact me via e-mail and I'll let you know what I'm planning! :o)

Prankster Pete
North Georgia job huntin'
Board: Faculty Room
Aug 11, 2008 8:59am
Thread Board
Howdy, y'all!

In addition to budding letterboxer I have also been a classroom teacher for the last two years. By mutual agreement I am not returning to my previous post. So, of course, I am very much in need of arranging new employment. I live in Athens. Given the price of gas I would like to be as close to home as possible, but I realize that I must be flexible on that. I am certified in special ed for all grades in general curriculum and in the four areas of specialization through 8th grade. I have previously taught middle school and would be happy to return to a middle school setting, but my greatest interest is elementary ed. If any of you have any leads or can point me in the general direction of any leads it would be much, much appreciated.

I would also welcome leads to areas outside of teaching as well. Although I don't have any formal degrees or certification in these areas I believe I would thrive in a variety of computer-based fields, writing and research based stuff (I can write wikipedia pages all day and be happy as a clam), and related areas. I know these are some pretty broad requests, so any information whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!