A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Dodgers/Pirates/RedSox
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #260908 by IrishRef
Aug 4, 2008 1:58pm
Thread Board
Regular season baseball, and a 3 game series doesn't really translate well to such pipedreams. Heh..you didn't even go 7 games!

I think your incisive commentary and in depth analysis of the Cubs speaks for itself.
Re: :}
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #261966 by littlmoon
Aug 4, 2008 2:00pm
Thread Board
Not from the girl who just told me that she's NEVER on her email.....
lol
OM
Re: LB planting Cruise in Alaska $549 Aug 29
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #262006 by Wereallinthistogether
Aug 4, 2008 2:00pm
Thread Board
just remember that sometimes, the court jester is the power behind the throne... lol

romana
Reply to: #262019 by Romana
Aug 4, 2008 2:01pm
Thread Board
just remember that sometimes, the court jester is the power behind the throne

yeah! what SHE said!

-wassamatta_u
Re: STAMPAWAY USA LETTERBOX
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #261832 by Trailtracker
Aug 4, 2008 2:04pm
Thread Board
Thanks TT..
Yeah, Where IS Bloodhound??

franzsolo...
New to Minnesota
Board: State: Minnesota
Aug 4, 2008 2:16pm
Thread Board
My wife, son and I just arrived in MN on Saturday and are looking forward to letterboxing in the area. Presently I'm in temporary housing and as soon as we sell our house in MA, we'll be here to stay. Hopefully that will be soon.

BorisDM
Dad's out of the hospital and back on the water!
Board: Prayer and Healing
Aug 4, 2008 2:16pm
Thread Board
Just a thankful update that all is well again. Dad was released a couple of days ago and went directly to the lake. Long story made short - his heart troubles began 16 years ago. He's had a 2-3 angioplasties, a heart attack, pacemaker installed with several battery changes (including a recalled one), and a major stroke that required a part of his brain to be removed (it was dead when it was taken). The stroke was brought on by diabetes (previously undetected). In the past few months he's had some adjustments and now he has to take insulin. The other medical procedures don't warrant mentioning. He's a walking miracle. I hope I never have to give up parts of my brain. If you didn't know this, you'd never believe it.

Thank you to all.
Cards
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Aug 4, 2008 2:20pm
Thread Board
Could someone please take time out of their busy schedules and explain Trading Cards to me a little bit. What they are, how one would go about making them, and what to do with them once made. I feel like I should have more knowledge on this than I do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kristina
Re: Dad's out of the hospital and back on the water!
Reply to: #262025 by speedsquare
Aug 4, 2008 2:22pm
Thread Board
Best of luck to your dad and your family. Miracles are always a wonderful thing to share.
Re: STAMPAWAY USA LETTERBOX
Reply to: #262021 by franzsolo
Aug 4, 2008 2:25pm
Thread Board
Hey Mr. Franzsolo,

Welcome to the boards!!! We have missed you here. You should have seen Antimony's dance on Saturday at the Mingo Covered Bridge - a real sight to behold. I for one got another of your boxes last week but you had to surround it with swarming flies!! You just wanted to up the notch to see how desparate we are for your boxes.

I miss your little birdie boxes.

Lindsay's Snowman

PS I got a bigguy box this Saturday. That was a real treat.
Re: Hope and prayers are my best chance...
Reply to: #261993 by Wereallinthistogether
Aug 4, 2008 2:28pm
Thread Board
can't express in words what this baby would mean to my husband and I. Please, please, please, say a prayer for a health baby for me. It would mean the world to me.

I understand and I will pray.
Re: Lou Birthday Party
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #261955 by wassamatta u
Aug 4, 2008 2:31pm
Thread Board
So I am free to make more cooties?
Who's already ready? (was Re: D & D PLB Ring?)
Board: Dungeons and Dragons
Reply to: #261523 by LndCrzr
Aug 4, 2008 2:32pm
Thread Board
Quote Well I missed out on the first round and then the second round kind of fell through. Sprite and Highlander set up a PLB ring in which everyone created a Monster PLB and a character PLB, both of the 5th level. First everyone sent their monster around the ring and each recipient stamped in with their personal trail stamp and their charater stamp. Then hey fought the monster. Bonus exp points were given to those who posted accounts of the battle here. After the monsters had made their way around and back home, folks who had earned enough exp were invited into a final battle with sopme big baddie. Once all that was done, the character books were sent around. At least, I believe this is how things went.

Yep, that's how it went (nods). I'm thinking we'll try resurrect Round II after summer's out (since now I'm getting ready for the WNY event). How many people (besides Lnd-crzr) actually carved their stamps and have it ready right NOW?

Oh, and for those of you COMING to the WNY event and staying overnight, we like to scrap up a quick game for anyone interested...contact us offlist for details!
Re: Cards
Reply to: #262026 by Silva Foot Family
Aug 4, 2008 2:33pm
Thread Board
I'm at work right now so can't take much time. But you can check out Geometry Junkie's website for some ideas to get you started...http://letterboxingtradingcards.blogspot.com/

Don't be intimidated. Everyone starts out new!

=) Wild Rose (of PBandJ)
Reply to: #262000 by Wereallinthistogether
Aug 4, 2008 2:38pm
Thread Board
You're like letterboxing royalty!

You crack me up. LOL

deniserows
"a lady who "does lunch"
Re: Dad's out of the hospital and back on the water!
Reply to: #262025 by speedsquare
Aug 4, 2008 2:39pm
Thread Board
So glad to hear he is doing well. My grandfather has all kinds of heart problems too, God works miracles and it sure sound like your dad is one of them!
Reply to: #262029 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Aug 4, 2008 2:40pm
Thread Board
Quote I understand and I will pray.

Thanks. It means a lot to me.
Reply to: #262002 by BigRedOne
Aug 4, 2008 2:40pm
Thread Board
OMG...I have nightboxed with letterboxing royalty...so does that make wassa the court jester???

i am so totally cracking up here! But seriously folks...anyone wanna cruise. Anyone??? Bueller???

deniserows
and power boxes
Re: Theater Chickita is 10!
Board: Virtuals
Reply to: #262010 by Silva Foot Family
Aug 4, 2008 2:42pm
Thread Board
So who won?
Franzsolo
Aug 4, 2008 2:47pm
Thread Board
hey franz,

Welcome back!!

Been mighty slow 'roun heyah (say it out loud) w/o the locals scrambling over each other at 6AM, coffee in hand, and bunny slippers flying to claim FF's on your newly planted boxes.

And yes i did do the victory dance at the mink hollow bridge - an amazing performance of grace and style as I remember it. Or that could just be the stick induced concussion talking.

antimony
Re: K Crew has gone Blue Diamond
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #261866 by T REX
Aug 4, 2008 2:50pm
Thread Board
We can only go down, I'm afraid. LOL

Thanks for the congrats!

Foodie Mom of The K Crew (who is just so darned excited about that pretty diamond...LOL)

You should have seen Hershey Bar's face when I told her!
Left you guys a present...!
Board: State: Oregon
Aug 4, 2008 2:51pm
Board
I planted a box right at my hotel before I left (http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBoxId=85666) Keep in mind that Dorks Anonymous was driving while I was carving, so use your imagination when you try to read the WORDS on the stamps! ;-)

BTW, just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel like a rock star on my big trip to Portland. Special thanks go to Maiden for organizing my big bash, Dem XX Men for hauling me clear to the coast and back (yay Goonies stuff!), plus Marmalade and Buppsters for hauling me all around Portland proper (oh, and Kuku for living up to her trailname...you wacky broad, you!) ;-) I REALLY hope I get a chance to come back, but if I don't, just know that Portland has become my NEW retirement destination! ;-)

The (happy to be back in the arms of her Highlander) Sprite & the (glad to get her back, not just safe, but happy) Highlander
Reply to: #262035 by Wereallinthistogether
Aug 4, 2008 2:53pm
Thread Board
Hugs, prayers and a sprinkling of baby dust headed your way from me.
I hope you get good news.

dancing pecan
Reply to: #262036 by deniserows
Aug 4, 2008 2:55pm
Thread Board
Quote OMG...I have nightboxed with letterboxing royalty...so does that make wassa the court jester???

Quote am so totally cracking up here!

See it is TRUE...wassa is the court jester...
HAHAHA...
be safe...
BR1
Reply to: #262030 by ElectricMedic
Aug 4, 2008 2:58pm
Thread Board
Just for the record

Lou prefers FLEAS

:O)
Re: Potato Festival
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #261897 by R
Aug 4, 2008 2:59pm
Thread Board
The Festival was awesome! Purple Penguin was sorry she missed it. I'm going to let her color in the stamps in LBB: Morning Glory's logbook ;-) Thanks again, R!

Kit Kat
on the road, in Plymouth, MA
Re: K Crew has gone Blue Diamond
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #262039 by The K Crew
Aug 4, 2008 3:00pm
Thread Board
Or...you could get another one.
Reply to: #262043 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Aug 4, 2008 3:06pm
Thread Board
Fleas they can be!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!!
Re: Cards
Reply to: #262026 by Silva Foot Family
Aug 4, 2008 3:12pm
Thread Board
LTC stands for Letterboxer Trading Cards. We originally called them Letterboxing Trading Cards - but the name offended some and it was changed. They are a spin off of Artist Trading cards. We were already doing postals, but LTCs allows us to "complete" the stamp image in any way we choose. (paint, crayon, pencil, papers, embellishments..etc). This would allow others to more fully see our "vision"... and selfish I know... I wanted to see everyone's stamps and I was not going to be able to travel to their states to box for 'em. Postals would sometimes get lost and people were really upset because the stamp was then lost... with LTCs that wouldn't happen. So I suggested it on the boards and a few really liked the idea. Mamma Cache set up the first swap, which went very well. The rest, as they say, is history.

Ok, that's how they came to be. What they are is a piece of cardstock with any kind of decoration that the person wants to use... including nothing other than the stamp. There are only a few requirements:

• It must have a 2.5 x 3.5 inch size. This can fold out to be whatever you want.. but it must compact down to this size.
  • It must have at least one of your stamps incorporated into the design.
  • The back must have the card name, your trailname and may also have your sig stamp.

Some people also number their cards.. as in 1/23 or 12/23.. so people know where they are in the series. This is optional though.
Some swap organizers will require you to have one orientation (portrait or landscape), but most don't care.
You can trade them individually, or in swaps and ... oh and they are fun to make!
Re: Jackman has a letterbox
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #261970 by Connfederate
Aug 4, 2008 3:14pm
Thread Board
avoid the Four Seasons Rest. next to the motel--greasy spoon...

Been there. Done that. Won't do it again! Thanks for the reminder. I think Tea might be coming my direction soon. Wonder if she's thinking on a little detour! I wanna go!