A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: college football preseason polls
Board: Sports Emporium
Reply to: #259188 by Mn8X
Jul 29, 2008 12:54pm
Thread Board
Except for that Ohio State #1 part. Auburn and Clemson sure drop dramatically in that poll. Oklahoma is still a little high but they do well in the regular season.

But for a true motivation I like WVU being underrated and overlooked until late November. It fits the 'Eer persona better. The good thing with Rod gone, if we get back in the top 2 we certainly shouldn't overlook anyone especially our traditional arch rival Pitt.

Now is we can just beat Colorado, Auburn and South Florida. But that is getting ahead of myself.

Beat Villanova!
Go Utah beat Michigan!

There that is better living in the moment and all.

All laughs aside it should be fun doing the college bowl challenge again this year. Did you by any chance end up with my WVU-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl stamp? If so I would love to trade one of other stamps I got for it! I have a Buckeye and Clemson one!
New address for ordering patches from LockWench
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Jul 29, 2008 12:56pm
Thread Board
As you might know, I am moving back to NY and so if you order patches you will want to send your payments to my NY address. I have added it here to my profile. I am not sure how many sites link to my profile for this information and how many have "free-standing" info so I just want people to be sure.

Again, for Blue Diamond patches or Merit Badges, please send payments to:

Cyndie Long
218 Clairmonte Ave
Syracuse, NY 13207.

By the way, I am no longer accepting paypal for orders under $5.00. I just can't do it, the fees are crushing me. I make pennies on these badges but it DOES keep me in PZ Cut, so I appreciate people sending the smaller payments via the US Mail. Thanks!

LW PhD
"Nice Counts"
Video Game Ring
Board: Postals
Jul 29, 2008 12:57pm
Thread Board
TravelingFrog97 is going stir crazy due to the no sun medicine for Lyme Disease, so she decided to do a ring(with a little help from me). Carve any of your favorite video game characters. There are 5 spaces left. Thanks. Kris
Re: Video Game Ring
Board: Postals
Reply to: #259211 by Kris and Kids
Jul 29, 2008 12:57pm
Thread Board
Reply to: #259188 by Mn8X
Jul 29, 2008 12:58pm
Thread Board
WOW Wake Forest goes 11-0 and is ranked 7th behind three teams with a loss. Looks like the ACC is getting NO RESPECT! Kind of where the Big East was supposed to be once Miami, Va Tech, Boston College left. Looks like there presence in the ACC has instilled a death spiral for football in the ACC. Particularly with Florida State and Miami hovering around .500 records.
Reply to: #259213 by IrishRef
Jul 29, 2008 1:01pm
Thread Board
Florida football pecking order:

1 Florida Gators
2 South Florida Bulls
3-5 Toss up between Florida State, Miami, and Central Florida Knights
6. Florida International
Re: Oriental food for adults
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #259086 by KuKu
Thread Board
I once received a fortune that said:

"Everyone agrees you are the best"
Re: Weekend Event plans for Mid Coast Event
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #259204 by Jiffy
Thread Board
the dazzler :)

I figured you met her at Kites....

She should be attending for most of the event hopefully...
Re: Simpsonville Swim - 08/01/08
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #259085 by J Walkers
Jul 29, 2008 1:02pm
Thread Board
Don't know anybody going to your event including myself. Are you going to Come To The Table?
Re: Here's a new one...
Board: Cool Site of the Day
Reply to: #259191 by Lady Lilac
Jul 29, 2008 1:08pm
Thread Board
24 and 20 so far. Though I act more like I am 12...
Stampeaze invoice
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Jul 29, 2008 1:10pm
Thread Board
So I get my order today (and boy was that fast) and I know that I can log the stamp but when pulling up a list, hoiw do I tell which one it is?
POKEMON! gotta catch them all!
Jul 29, 2008 1:11pm
Thread Board
I did! I caught ALL of the first finders certificates too!!!

I headed out today to run errands and had 6 letterboxes on my list. 3 of them were pokemon boxes and when I realized that I was first finder on them I had to get the other 2. 9 boxes in all today and the kids were really good about it all!!!

~resQlou
Reply to: #259217 by ElectricMedic
Jul 29, 2008 1:12pm
Thread Board
Are you going to Come To The Table2?

We better be, as we are the name under the event :)
You can bring them to us then. Thanks!

triviadaddy
Reply to: #259221 by J Walkers
Jul 29, 2008 1:13pm
Thread Board
Will continue to gather them for you.
Re: Activity Bags
Board: Homeschooling
Reply to: #259182 by 7trailwanderers
Jul 29, 2008 1:13pm
Thread Board
This is a pretty cool idea. We do this in my classroom for the alone area. When a child wants to work alone they take a bag or a book over and work by themselves. I would be interested in doing the swap if anyone wants to. Sounds like a lot of fun. Kris
Re: POKEMON! gotta catch them all!
Reply to: #259220 by resQlou
Jul 29, 2008 1:16pm
Thread Board
If we ever venture down that way we will have to go find these boxes. My kids are Pokemon addicts. We know each one and what they evolve into and their strenghts etc. etc. Bet the FF certificate was very cute! Kris
Re: POKEMON! gotta catch them all!
Reply to: #259224 by Kris and Kids
Jul 29, 2008 1:18pm
Thread Board
We are working on one that is a series...it evolves 3 times.
Reply to: #259218 by Eidolon
Jul 29, 2008 1:19pm
Thread Board
34! Not bad considering I'll be 30 this year. :)

-gollygee
Re: Hi everyone!
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #258724 by Indigo Vulture
Jul 29, 2008 1:20pm
Thread Board
Which do you find confusing...the format or the content?

I find both confusing at times.

I have the messages come to my e-mail but I still find it confusing. I figured out the "previous" and "next" directions but I still don't like it. I dont' like having to scroll down to read the message that the person is replying to. I don't like all the ads on the top and sides of yahoo mail. There also seems to be alot of un needed text on the page.

I also don't like some of the content or more preciosly I can't follow the content. I never seem to find a conversation that I can jump into. To me most of the conversations are people who know each other really well and are sharing inside jokes and stories and experiences. Many times people are using real names and then sometimes trail names and then initials and that confuses me.

I also consider myself a "newbie" and when I sit back and read the LBMA yahoo board I get the impression that some of you are not to keen on "newbies". It seems that you want the hobby of letterboxing to be the way it was 5 or more years ago. People over on the LBMA yahoo board also seem to not like AQ. They come on the "letterboxing Pennsylvania " AQ board and say "come over to yahoo LBMA " and then bash AQ!

I like AQ. It has way too many Bells and whistles for me but I still like it! I get my clues and off I go.

I also like logging my finds. I do it for myself and for a friendly competion I have going with my sisters.I also like to check every once in a while to see if I was the last finder of a box. I work hard on hiding the boxes I find and I hate being the last finder. It's also interesting to see who else found the box I found.

Well enough said, i probably didn't explain myself like I wanted to but I tried, Snowflake
Reply to: #258364 by resQlou
Jul 29, 2008 1:21pm
Thread Board
Just keeping track of who is coming . . . .

resQlou +2
Bucks Stopped Here +2
ElectricMedic
3Amigas
Re: Stick that LB where the sun don't shine....
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #258639 by speedsquare
Jul 29, 2008 1:21pm
Thread Board
I really like this idea. This gives me more ideas for letterboxes. I have a park near my work where I can plant one. It keeps it off the ground so critters can't get to it, but at least it will pleasing to the eye for those picnicing.
Re: Two Queens Ice Cream social mini meet
Reply to: #258107 by Wereallinthistogether
Jul 29, 2008 1:23pm
Thread Board
Hiya

it was an excellent sunny sunday social in such a quintessential Maine location for the event :D Loved everything about it. Did a great job you two.

I have a question....... ;)

So..how do i go about entering an event stamp? And there were...two? Or does the make-your-own count for one too?
PZ Kutz grade A
Jul 29, 2008 1:24pm
Thread Board
The correct side to carve is the smoother almost like plastic side?
Reply to: #259228 by resQlou
Jul 29, 2008 1:25pm
Thread Board
ElectricMedic may be bringing Mom2two's kids
Re: Denny's Power Rings
Board: Flea Market
Reply to: #258735 by Murray Herd
Jul 29, 2008 1:25pm
Thread Board
I know. I love these things. They are perfect to take into restaurants to let the kids play while waiting for food. Some times drawing doesn't last, but these Power Rings are endless play. I really need more since we have been losing pieces over the years and one bucket doesn't go far between two kids. As they get older their imagination is growing - as are their creations. Hence needing two buckets.
Re: Letterboxing Junior Badge - Virginia Skyline Council
Board: Scouts Honor
Reply to: #259231 by Scout
Jul 29, 2008 1:27pm
Thread Board
Just curious--did you order the badges before you did the activities? Please let us know how long it takes for the badges to arrive!

Thanks,
Kit Kat
Re: PZ Kutz grade A
Reply to: #259232 by ElectricMedic
Jul 29, 2008 1:27pm
Thread Board
The side that is marked "A" is the bad side.

I generally see more lines when held to the light on the bad side.
I generally feel "grooves" on the bad side.

jackbear
Reply to: #259191 by Lady Lilac
Jul 29, 2008 1:28pm
Thread Board
27 and that is what I'll be in Sept. I was always a little ahead of myself!
Re: PZ Kutz grade A
Reply to: #259236 by jackbear
Jul 29, 2008 1:29pm
Thread Board
How is this to work with? So far I have only used the pink stuff but I have heard so many good things about this that I wanted to try it.
Re: Weekend Event plans for Mid Coast Event
Reply to: #259161 by MaineKokopellian
Jul 29, 2008 1:30pm
Thread Board
Well, let's see... I'll be planting boxes, sinking boxes, muddin' boxes, having boxes gained by eatin my grub, pretending to mail boxes, tying boxes up, poppin' boxes and generally anything else I can think of to do with a box. Bring scuba gear - you might need it : )

In difference to my co-hostess, none of my boxes require a boat, but one might want one to get a different perspective...

You can get them by car, by bike, by foot, by boat, by-plane, or by just plain eating. Hmmm...

Wednesday Team MudCup will be spending quality family time... doing what families do : )

Something makes me think we are still in need of a hiker or two? But that's Tea's bag of worms...

mud