Jul 2, 2008 9:56am
Thread Board
Nice choice. It's cute.

dancing pecan
Saturday Night Live Round 2 ring
Board: Postals
Jul 2, 2008 10:08am
Board
You guys, please note that the start date has been pushed back to mid-September. Thank you, thank you very much.
Re: Carving letters
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #246840 by CookieCutter
Jul 2, 2008 10:11am
Thread Board
Perhaps I should amend my post to add 'this is how I do it'.

Stated either way didn't offend.

I used knives when I first started but have not done so since trying gouges. They just feel better - it's hard to explain - but tight spaces and tiny curves escape me.

I've been playing with needles and wondered about them for carving letters. It certainly is easier to see where you are going with them. I'm using every piece is schnizzle that's large enough to hold a letter for practice.

Tee
Re: Found: lost stamp
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #246839 by Casa del Sol
Jul 2, 2008 10:14am
Thread Board
Quote Have you AQ mailed Bella (and the Bella derivatives) that are listed here on the site? There are several.

Gee, the very first one, simply "Bella", certainly seems likely. From Georgia, favorite vacation spots include NC, has two best friends that are also dogs! Real name Cindy.
Ignore function query
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Jul 2, 2008 10:17am
Thread Board
So far I have not opted to ignore any members. Lately, however, the option has appeared a little more charming. From reading past boards about this, I understand that I can eventually "unignore" someone by pulling up their profile. My question is, what if I can't remember their name? Or what if they change their name once I've got them ignored. Is there any option out there that allows me to see who I'm ignoring without me remembering their name? I didn't see anything under my Preferences section... so I'm assuming I'm supposed to just remember, but that seems an iffy proposition knowing my brain. :)

Carianna of the GG
Re: Carving letters
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #246804 by Team Chopper
Jul 2, 2008 10:20am
Thread Board
What is the best way for carving words? I've done ok carving images, but once I try letters, even the large fonts, it's all downhill. What do you use for carving? Magnifier?

Help!

What size words do you want to carve? I have carved exactly 8 words :o) LOL, so I don't have lots of experience, and they aren't in a super small font. For the first 2 words I carved I did not have a magnyfier or special lighting, just a #1 speedball gouge. They turned out "OK"---I was satisfied for my first attempt. Then I bought a magnifier with a light and WOW, I carved the same 2 words again on the same carving material (PZ Kut) with the same tool and the difference was AMAZING! I really surprised myself. I'm still using the same material and the same tool, along with the lighted magnifier (a cheap one from Michaels bought with their 40% off coupon) .
So...
Board: Food For Thought
Jul 2, 2008 10:23am
Thread Board
... no one is allowed to express their own opinion even on the movie board.

I see.
Re: Ignore function query
Reply to: #246863 by Gryffindors
Jul 2, 2008 10:24am
Thread Board
From reading past boards about this, I understand that I can eventually "unignore" someone by pulling up their profile. My question is, what if I can't remember their name?

Hahahaha, I had that exact problem!!! Ryan looked it up for me. ;)

TG
Re: WALL e
Board: Movie Moments
Reply to: #246814 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 2, 2008 10:25am
Thread Board
Obviously, Ryan, this person likes movies that aren't that good. Since everything I have heard about Wall*E points to the fact that it is very good, it stands to reason that person wouldn't like it. ;)

Guys, these are children (tween or early teen would be my guess) and how can you trust kids to know what a good animated film is? ;->

Tee
who love Pixar and will see Wall*E even if the kids don't want to!
Re: Found: lost stamp
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #246862 by Kirbert
Jul 2, 2008 10:26am
Thread Board
Quote the very first one, simply "Bella", certainly seems likely

Probably not that one though. The stamp was found in UT and Bella hasn't logged any finds out west. She's also only been a member here since Oct. last year and the stamp was found out there in the summer. (Not that she couldn't have been boxing prior to joining AQ but I think it's unlikely, given the contact I've had with her.)

The person who owns the stamp may not be an AQ member so I think that messages on various regional Yahoo lists and the main list are your best bet. Unfortunately the person may not read any of the lists so they won't see the message anyway.

Knit Wit
Re: So...
Board: Food For Thought
Reply to: #246865 by doglvrs
Jul 2, 2008 10:27am
Thread Board
... no one is allowed to express their own opinion even on the movie board.

Funny, I don't see where anyone said that. I think what was being said is that a person should explain their opinion instead of just stating it so there are no misunderstandings.

It is also important to have actually seen the movie before stating that it is one thing or another. :)

TG
Re: Musical Chairs LTC Status
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #246849 by Foreign Contaminant
Jul 2, 2008 10:30am
Thread Board
Good news, AW - the game runs through August 31! (Unless I'm reading it wrong.8~P) So you're still in it.

BL47
Jul 2, 2008 10:32am
Thread Board
Who has AW's Card? Mail it on!

Tee
Re: Codex binding question...
Board: Logbook Logistics
Reply to: #246802 by Kelseys Kreations
Jul 2, 2008 10:35am
Thread Board
By any chance would beeswax work? I know they have some of that, I can see it on their sewing table :)

I don't see why not. Its wax.

~Aurora
glad we finally got on the same page. ;)
Reply to: #246872 by Shadohart
Jul 2, 2008 10:36am
Thread Board
Who has AW's Card? Mail it on!

Tee

Glad AW brought it up!
Mine needs mailing too!! (laughing)

But yes, the cards should be continually traded on until Aug. 31. The person that has it then can keep it.
Reply to: #246867 by Shadohart
Jul 2, 2008 10:38am
Thread Board

hee hee! My thoughts exactly!! We're going on Sunday to see it. My older brother and my parents already saw it and loved it. From what I hear, the short at the beginning is worth the price of admission!!! (Usually, all the people around me point and stare while I laugh myself to tears during them...)

I'm sure my kids will love it too!
Reply to: #246863 by Gryffindors
Jul 2, 2008 10:38am
Thread Board
This might be more "going around your thumb to get to your wrist," but whenever I want to remember something here at AQ, such as a great theme link someone made, I AQ mail myself the info and then archive it. You could mail yourself the name of who you ignored, incase you change your mind later. Just a thought.
Reply to: #246875 by Fluffy Cow
Jul 2, 2008 10:39am
Thread Board

I have no kids and I am definitely still going to see it! :D

TG
Reply to: #246875 by Fluffy Cow
Jul 2, 2008 10:40am
Thread Board
Quote From what I hear, the short at the beginning is worth the price of admission!!!

With Pixar, they usually are... We're taking the kids on Friday to see Wall-E and I'm especially looking forward to the short. :-)

Knit Wit
Re: Another box retired before its time . . .
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #246800 by Jabber
Jul 2, 2008 10:43am
Thread Board
As one who had found this box and was along for the ride when another found it, I am glad I had the chance to see this old building. Will it become more farmland? Was it being used for nefarious activity?
Re: Hmm
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #246821 by chadams
Thread Board
OK, now my head hurts!
Reply to: #246876 by Casa del Sol
Thread Board
I AQ mail myself the info and then archive it. You could mail yourself the name of who you ignored, incase you change your mind later. Just a thought.

That's a great idea~

Why would you want to un-ignore someone though? Chances are if they are that annoying, they are not going to change.

Tee
Reply to: #246876 by Casa del Sol
Jul 2, 2008 10:46am
Thread Board
Yeah, something along the lines of....

Dear Self,

"Don't forget fill-in-the-name is a a big, fat idiot!!"

Love,

Me

~ pW ;o)
Jul 2, 2008 10:46am
Thread Board
I got one today. It was called 'The Closet' by Falling Leaves. Looks like she has 7-8 finds on hers. This sounds like a really fun idea. What does the winner get? Bragging rights?? More LTCs??
I'll send this one on...
Reply to: #246882 by Shadohart
Jul 2, 2008 10:47am
Thread Board
Quote Why would you want to un-ignore someone though? Chances are if they are that annoying, they are not going to change.

No, but you might change.
Reply to: #246879 by knit wit
Jul 2, 2008 10:47am
Thread Board
I really hadn't planned on seeing this one - the previews did not interest me enough. Now I want to see it! Thanks all and Happy 4th of July...
Reply to: #246883 by peaceful Warrior
Jul 2, 2008 10:49am
Thread Board
Yeah, something along the lines of....

Dear Self,

"Don't forget fill-in-the-name is a a big, fat idiot!!"

Love,

Me

~ pW ;o)

ROFLMAO Thank God I swallowed my soda before I opened that post!

Another one that needs a "LMAO" button!

Tee
Re: Boxing Aids
Board: Miscellaneous Oddities
Reply to: #246828 by gollygee
Jul 2, 2008 10:49am
Thread Board
Quote I'd want to pimp mine out... Big rims. Flames Painted on. A Letterbox or Die sticker... Maybe some bling around the handle bars. And of COURSE a fancy horn that plays a cool tune when you honk it. ;~D

Oh my god that rules!!! I want one too!!! :D

-gollygee

^___^
{O,O} <--Look! An owl! :)
/)___)
" "

together we could start a rouge gang of LBers!!!
Reply to: #246886 by drexel girls
Jul 2, 2008 10:50am
Thread Board
If anything, this thread has made me not want to see it. The previews aren't doing it for me either.
Re: Happy Cake Day!!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #246835 by Ponder
Jul 2, 2008 10:50am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day!!!!!