Jul 1, 2008 11:14am
Thread Board
Happy Canada Day Letterboxers!
Re: good boxes?
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #246428 by Mama Stork
Jul 1, 2008 11:17am
Thread Board
Quote AQ mail me and maybe we cna hook up while the others are racing :)

You misunderstand! Nancy- a.k.a. Drexel Girls- is an integral part of Team Fruit Loops for the Ohmazing Race. Even as we speak she is probably memorizing maps! -Rose, also a Fruit Loop
Disney World---11 days left!
Board: Teen Boxing
Jul 1, 2008 11:17am
Board
I am so excited. I even packed all my stuff a month ahead!
Reply to: #246334 by Mama Stork
Jul 1, 2008 11:21am
Thread Board
I hear Dance Revolution is also pretty acitve!

It is! I absolutely love my DDR!
I have DDR Maxx 2 for PS2, and it's a little bit of a hassle to set up and tear down, but soooo fun. Actually, I only bought a PS2 for the sake of playing DDR, although I want to get Karaoke Revolution sometime, lol.
I heard there is or will be a Wii version that includes hand motions as well? That sounds pretty sweet too.

-otterbelly
Re: Who do you have to... for someone to get a diamond?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #246050 by Kirbert
Jul 1, 2008 11:24am
Thread Board
That's funny. Sorta reminds me of a lady I once knew who insisted that, at a competition we were setting up for school kids, every single kid should get a trophy. I couldn't get out of my head how, when I was a kid, whenever I attended some function and they gave trophies or certificates to everyone there it landed in the nearest dumpster on the way out of the parking lot.

i can see how you might have made the mistake and thought that i was saying everyone should get the trophy/Blue Diamond. My intent was to say that...every box is the SAME in my book. "ITS THE JOURNEY" is how i view my letterboxing hobby. Do i think some boxes are better or worse than others? YES. Do i need to tell everyone about them? NO. That is why i CHOSE not to give or get Blue Diamonds.

deniserows
by dumpsters in Kirberts neighborhood
Please pray- a friend lost his father
Board: Prayer and Healing
Jul 1, 2008 11:26am
Thread Board
I posted a few days ago about a friend whose dad was sick. He called me today and told me his dad had a massive heart attack this morning and died. My heart is breaking for him. Please pray for peace, acceptance and comfort for him and his family.
Re: The Great Race 08 - Starts tomorrow!
Reply to: #246195 by A Son of Liberty
Jul 1, 2008 11:28am
Thread Board
The only exception might be for Alaska

Hey now. Don't single us out. People do travel to Alaska. Mind you the boxes might get stuck in Alaska for a while as travelers that box and come to Alaska are few and far between. Its your call. I know, personally, i travel in and out of Alaska at least 3 times a year. On second thought maybe shipping would be better. LOL.

deniserows
around Alaska
Re: Ordered to remain undercover
Reply to: #246233 by BrewHiker
Jul 1, 2008 11:31am
Thread Board
Perhaps the email you get from AQ when you first sign up could include links to the most helpful Help pages.

BEFORE they get to play on the boards. i know that is an impossibility but wouldn't it be great if they had to read all the Help pages first than type.

deniserows
and still reads the Help pages
Re: my trip to St. Loius (July 9th-10th)
Board: State: Missouri
Reply to: #246358 by rozebud
Jul 1, 2008 11:32am
Thread Board
Quote And I can shout, as in "The Holy Grail:"

"RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!!"

don't forget your coconuts so you can ride away
Re: Please pray- a friend lost his father
Board: Prayer and Healing
Reply to: #246456 by Red Barn Photos
Jul 1, 2008 11:33am
Thread Board
Sending prayers for the family--I'm sorry for their pain & loss.
Re: RW/Y
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #246446 by speedsquare
Jul 1, 2008 11:35am
Thread Board
Naw... That photo will scare people! LOL

Knit Wit
Reply to: #246424 by Mama Stork
Jul 1, 2008 11:48am
Thread Board
One of the best things about Oh boxers--and consequently, this board-- is that we have come to know and care about each other. We take an interest outside of boxes...

Perfectly said, Mama Stork! Thank you for finding graceful words. bbrulez---if you join us at an event, you will see what we are talking about!! All ages, lots of various backgrounds and lots of fun!
Reply to: #246427 by Mama Stork
Jul 1, 2008 11:51am
Thread Board
trying to decide between the Wii Fit or a martini set

lol On the food for thought, there was a suggestion about Sweet Tea Vodka---that's what I'm lookin' for! I have yet to celebrate Greg being back on American soil and this seems to fit the bill! Apparently if you mix the two---any type of alcohol and Wii fit---you will be busted! lol It's like carving and alcohol---they just don't mix if you want anything to count! =D However---the funny factor goes up a whole lot!
Reply to: #246424 by Mama Stork
Jul 1, 2008 11:52am
Thread Board
wow funny how we can read posts so differently. I though basketballrulez thought it was cool you were talking about the WII Fit?
Reply to: #246442 by Granny Butterfly
Jul 1, 2008 11:53am
Thread Board
BG---letterboxes, 4th of July parades and Miss Ohio 2008 singing in SE Ohio---it doesn't get any more apple pie-American than that---does it!! Good for you on the shameless plug!
Re: Was this really for me?
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #246434 by Dog Lover
Jul 1, 2008 11:55am
Thread Board
Check with Romana too...note the difference in spelling. Not sure but worth a try.
Reply to: #246467 by Trailtracker
Jul 1, 2008 11:56am
Thread Board
Thanks, Barb. We truly do have much to do in OHIO. All types of water/Great Lake, lakes, rivers and streams. its amazing the variety of terrain there is even here in our county!

Granny Butterfly
Re: New Janet Evanovich...Stephanie Plum!!!
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #246417 by Pasta Mom
Jul 1, 2008 11:58am
Thread Board
I have never read this board, but had to stop in when I saw the post... that being said... have you ever listened to these books on CD? I used to listen to them at work and I am telling you I would literally lol. The reader is excellent!!! enjoy !
Re: New Janet Evanovich...Stephanie Plum!!!
Reply to: #246417 by Pasta Mom
Jul 1, 2008 11:59am
Thread Board
i love her stuff. i wonder if the library has it yet?

deniserows
but can read stoo!
Reply to: #246469 by Granny Butterfly
Jul 1, 2008 12:01pm
Thread Board
I completely agree with you Granny Butterfly! It's one of the reasons why I have **really come to appreciate Ohio after being born in Michigan. Lots to do and see up north too----but there is something very grounded about Ohio.
Re: Who do you have to... for someone to get a diamond?
Reply to: #245931 by deniserows
Jul 1, 2008 12:04pm
Thread Board
Quote i don't do boxing buddies either.

What is a boxing buddy?! How in the world can a grey haired Kool Kat keep up with all of this 'new fangled stuff'?

C of DKK
Quad Squad at Ohio State
Jul 1, 2008 12:05pm
Thread Board
Did everyone see the quads that were born to the assistant coach and his wife of Ohio State University?? Too cute!

There are many pictures of these beautiful babies each wearing a white t-shirt with one of the scarlet letters O--H--I--O on it! lol Whoever thought of that should get a prize! I believe that if you go to WBNS 10TV's web site there should be links to the pics!
Re: Paperback Swap site
Reply to: #246373 by Wood6
Jul 1, 2008 12:06pm
Thread Board
Hi. I must have missed this site before. Can you tell me what the site is (the paperback swap site)?

Cedar
Miss Ohio 2008 from Woodsfield, OH
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Jul 1, 2008 12:06pm
Thread Board
I am posting here since you are very near if you are in Western PA to the home of Karissa Martin, the reigning 2008 Miss Ohio and candidate for Miss America.

If any of you are in the area of the Western PA or SE OHIO this week, there will be a parade in Woodsfield, OH on THURSDAY JULY 3 AT 6:00 PM. across I-70 and South on Ohio Route 7 then East on Route 78. She will be singing the National Anthem and that is her very special talent. She will also sing at The Library Gazebo or in the library in case of rain. Lineup for the parade begins at 6 pm and there will be a program at the Library Gazebo presented by the Lazy River Band in celebration of our Freedom and our country's birthday!

For more information contact me by private e-mail.

Lots of boxes in this area to see as well and camping places for those who choose to stay.
Maiben boxes
Board: State: Washington
Jul 1, 2008 12:17pm
Board
"lost jewel" and "creepy crawly" are active again... Finally!
Virginia Beach Bookworm replanted
Board: State: Virginia
Jul 1, 2008 12:29pm
Thread Board
My poor little bookworm was destroyed by grounds keepers. I have carved a new image and changed the clues a bit. If you've already found him, you can get another cute stamp since it's a new improved s'worm!!
Reply to: #246450 by Rosmarinus
Jul 1, 2008 12:32pm
Thread Board
Nancy- a.k.a. Drexel Girls- is an integral part of Team Fruit Loops for the Ohmazing Race

LOL! Yes, I did totally miss that one!! Hmm...which team will I be cheering on??

Mama Stork--who has volunteered to be nothing more than aa Mn8x minion that day, and plans to snag a couple of boxes she has been eyeing....
Reply to: #246465 by Trailtracker
Jul 1, 2008 12:34pm
Thread Board
Saw the martini thread--the chocolate martinis are what reminded me about my desire for a decent set.

I think we need to mix vodka,(of any sort), Wii FIt and letterboxers--the laugh factor would be immeasurable!
Re: Red White and You
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #246399 by The Celtic Clan
Jul 1, 2008 12:39pm
Thread Board
Found out today that my minor fender bender actually totalled my van, so I won't make it up to Wiksboro after all:( It's my only weekend to look for a new car before I have to turn in the rental. Wanted to meet you guys...Next time I guess.
Re: RW/Y
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #246446 by speedsquare
Jul 1, 2008 12:39pm
Thread Board
Thanks! That's what I was looking for! I've updated the glossary definition for cheese racing. =)

On a totally unrelated note, I added several new entries including pixie led, traditional letterboxes, other boxes, event stamps, tabletop boxes, and.... perhaps a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head anymore. Those entries aren't particularly interesting, though.

For those of you new to AQ, reading through the entire glossary is highly recommended. You'll notice that not all words it defines are listed in the index (such as cheese racing).

-- Ryan