A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: RW/Y
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #246409 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 1, 2008 10:23am
Thread Board
Right....check the Atlas Quest glossary for "cheese racing".
Reply to: #246409 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 1, 2008 10:23am
Thread Board
I feel old--I know what it is and have actually voted on the matter!
Re: The Great Race
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #246318 by Team New Hampshire
Jul 1, 2008 10:24am
Thread Board
it sounded like the SC Hiker was planted near the border of another state, so i would imagine S.L. posted in 2 states.

Great idea....I wonder how long it would have taken me to think of that?

S.L.
Re: Happy...............
Reply to: #246397 by ona journey
Jul 1, 2008 10:25am
Thread Board
Happy Canada Day!!! =D

~BOB~
Re: Red White and You
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #246399 by The Celtic Clan
Jul 1, 2008 10:28am
Thread Board
It's up!

Yay! Man, I love what you wrote in the clues and the connection to Colorado (the last being intended.) I see my name as "author" but I'd just like to say I had nothing to do with that part...

You've been very, very busy TCC! Hope you have a chance to "un-juggle" yerself come event time!

pre
There in spirit
Re: Ordered to remain undercover
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #246392 by Kirbert
Jul 1, 2008 10:29am
Thread Board
Now there's a creative response: Pull out your compass, consult it carefully for a couple of seconds, and then point up!

Hehe. Love it! The longer it takes to pull out the compass, the better the effect.

pre
New Janet Evanovich...Stephanie Plum!!!
Board: Reading Room
Jul 1, 2008 10:31am
Thread Board
OMG! I'm so excited!
I was just at Sam's Club and got the newest Stephanie Plum, Fearless Fourteen.
I actually danced in the aisle...because I didn't know that it was coming out!

Yea, happy day!

Pasta Mom
who knows exactly what she's reading on the drive down to Columbus this weekend.
Reply to: #246406 by Rottie Love
Jul 1, 2008 10:31am
Thread Board
PS...Rottie Love--My friend Sati's Human had very nice things to say about you, can't wait to meet you! And maybe...race with me?
Re: good boxes?
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #246398 by Lilac Butterfly
Jul 1, 2008 10:33am
Thread Board
Thanks for the added info, LB. I appreciate it.
Re: New Janet Evanovich...Stephanie Plum!!!
Reply to: #246417 by Pasta Mom
Jul 1, 2008 10:34am
Thread Board
I love her books! My favorite book is when Lulu was on the protein diet and Stephanie blows up so many cars.
Reply to: #246406 by Rottie Love
Jul 1, 2008 10:34am
Thread Board
It's a dangerous (but exciting!) sport that some letterboxers like to do at events involving processed cheese, grills, and more often than not, wassamatta_u. =)

Speaking of which.... where is that photo of wassa cheese racing? I'd like to add it to the AQ glossary. =)

-- Ryan
Re: dead puppy
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
Reply to: #245842 by LeafEater
Jul 1, 2008 10:35am
Thread Board
Sparky was rescued from the side of the road, sitting by his dead puppy sibling. Someone didn't know what a good friend they tossed away. But I do.
Reply to: #246419 by Trailtracker
Jul 1, 2008 10:36am
Thread Board
Thanks for the added info, LB. I appreciate it.

No problem. :-)
Reply to: #246391 by FunkyMonkey12
Jul 1, 2008 10:39am
Thread Board
this board is not about talking about THE WII FIT!!!!!

One of the best things about Oh boxers--and consequently, this board-- is that we have come to know and care about each other. We take an interest outside of boxes--PS's hike, MHD's Scooter, TT's Wii-- because we view each other as friends and family, not just some anonymous planter or finder.

I know you have not been posting on this board long, and I am under the impression that you are younger than many of us. Hopefully, you too will come to feel you are part of the Ohio LB family and join in the chatter. Otherwise, I suggest you simply ignore posts that don't interest you.

I guarantee there is not a better group of boxers to be found.

Mama Stork
Reply to: #246420 by Team Chopper
Jul 1, 2008 10:40am
Thread Board
i love this series of books.
patiently waiting for my turn to have the local library's copy.
Reply to: #246336 by Trailtracker
Jul 1, 2008 10:42am
Thread Board
MS---the board is "only" $80

I know!! I was serious about it being on my short list--I picked up a short project starting tonight and am trying to decide between the Wii Fit or a martini set (yeah, that pretty much sums up my life). I confess to leaning towards the martini set, because right now I am going outside and walking everyday, so I am tempted to put the Wii Fit off until the fall project.

Decisons decisions....
Reply to: #246360 by drexel girls
Jul 1, 2008 10:45am
Thread Board
Hey Nancy!

Bummer about those projects!! I ended up taking the two older kids down to Museum Center and wandering the History Museum. It has been a while since I got to actually look at exhibits not geared towards a preschooler!! I knowy ou can relate to that.

I see you are going to the OHmazing Race! Me too--but not racing. AQ mail me and maybe we cna hook up while the others are racing :)

MS
Reply to: #246417 by Pasta Mom
Jul 1, 2008 10:47am
Thread Board
Want me to ruin it foryou?? Read it last week--love those Barnes and Noble emails!

Enjoy, Stephanie is wonderful as always
MS--a Ranger woman.
Re: Fear Factor Swap, LTC Style
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #246426 by System
Jul 1, 2008 10:47am
Thread Board
Ha! Everyone tells me that every time a snake comes into the hospital and I run the other way. One of my doctors even convinced me to go into the room with one and it's owner for an office call one day and I spent the whole time plastered to the door in a cold sweat and almost hyperventilating. I prefer to stay in abject fear of them and hide in x-ray when they're there, thankyouverymuch ;) And I'm NOT making an LTC about them.

~marabelle (who is VERY thankful I had today off from work since there was a ball python on the schedule named "Triage")
Re: Tamora Pierce!
Reply to: #245840 by Snowstar
Jul 1, 2008 10:48am
Thread Board
She is a fantastic author. I absolutely loved her stuff when I was younger.

Personally the Immortals series was my favorite, but those were the first ones I read. The Lioness Quartet was very good too. I like when major characters from one series become minor characters in the next series so you know how they're doing. :) I also read the Circle of Magic and Circle Opens series aloud to my little brother.

Highly recommend for the teen-aged (or older) person who likes novels with magic, strong female characters and interesting plots.

Still wanting to be a guardian to a baby dragon,
-otterbelly :)
Re: argh
Board: Geocaching and Other Stashing Games
Reply to: #246390 by Kirbert
Jul 1, 2008 10:53am
Thread Board
And the owner will be proud that so many cachers are finding his geocache without any problem.

We need a smirk button.
Was this really for me?
Jul 1, 2008 10:56am
Thread Board
Hi All,

I got a package of bookmarks in the mail from Ramona (might be spelled wrong...). They have a clock, stick person, and 2 hearts under the signature. I can't find a Ramona, and I am not in a book mark ring. Is anyone missing these? Or am I missing something? (Entirely possible.... ) Does anyone know this person?

Thanks!
Dog Lover
Re: Was this really for me?
Reply to: #246434 by Dog Lover
Jul 1, 2008 10:58am
Thread Board
I bet they are supposed to go to Doglvrs, who is running the bookmark swaps. Easy mistake to make.
Re: Japan E-mails
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #245216 by LightninBug
Jul 1, 2008 11:00am
Thread Board
Now THAT is a funny letterbox.

Too bad it's clear out in Pennsylvania (I live in Oregon).

KuKu
Re: Fear Factor Swap, LTC Style
Reply to: #246432 by System
Jul 1, 2008 11:01am
Thread Board
I work at an animal hospital in Liverpool.
Garden Spells & goodreads.com
Jul 1, 2008 11:04am
Thread Board
So on Friday we were coming home from Cleveland, and stopped in Strongsville to visit Borders (there isn't one near my home.) I picked up a book that looked interesting based on the cover and the synopsis on the back, as I am wont to do. It's called "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen, and it was really good! (The last time I played my "Judge a Book by Its Cover" game at the library, I ended up with "I Only Want to Be With You" by Lisa Norato. It wasn't very good.) I am a fast reader, and had the day off (= more time to read) and I finished it that same day. But I liked it enough to read it again the next day, skipping the unhappy parts. :)
I have an account at www.goodreads.com (which is fun and I recommend it if you read a lot and want to compare and review with other regular people or just your friends) and a lot of people compared it to "Practical Magic," which I have never read. But if you like books about sisters, love stories or the idea of magic existing in the everyday world, you might like this too. (Note: This is for the 18+ crowd due to a couple graphic spots.) I am looking forward to reading her next novel ("The Sugar Queen") as soon as I can get it from the library!

-otterbelly
July 4th theme
Jul 1, 2008 11:06am
Thread Board
way cool......and I especially like the waving flag ;o)

but.....how come the Eagle only flies when I'm on the home page?
Reply to: #244845 by FunkyMonkey12
Jul 1, 2008 11:07am
Thread Board
Well here comes one SHAMELESS PLUG!!

2 years ago, Monroe County, OH just down Route 7 and East on Route 78 has plenty basketballrulz! AND on Thursday July 3 at 6:00 PM starting at the Woodsfield, OH City Park and Proceeding down Main Street to the Library Gazebo..practically our front yard..is a parade to honor the reigning MISS OHIO 2008, Karissa Renee Martin. THE LAZY RIVER BAND will be playing, and in honor of our nation's birthday Karissa will be singing the National Anthem.

Nearby is Piatt Park and several campgrounds if you are campers. We are South of Barnesville, OH and East of Caldwell, OH the major routes through town. If you come down the Route 7 you take Route 78 at Clarington, OH.

I told you this was shameless plug.

Now as for boxes here, you will need to speak to more impartial folks on this board that have seen some of them and the sights here in the County.

Granny Butterfly and Coffee Mug
Re: Random Chatter.
Board: Teen Boxing
Reply to: #246353 by Kiwi Foamie
Jul 1, 2008 11:07am
Thread Board
sure, what about??

Butterfly Melody
Re: July 4th theme
Reply to: #246441 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Jul 1, 2008 11:08am