Search

Read Messages

Re: 22 letterboxes to plant..
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #147798 by Alyson Wonderland
Oct 31, 2007 4:42am
Thread Board
i have 22 letterboxes carved,

Thank goodness for P.A.L. Day to actually motivate you to get them out of the house!
Re: MONO question
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #147796 by songwriter
Oct 31, 2007 4:42am
Thread Board
I like that idea and had considered doing some kind of like that myself before.
Someone will go after them eventually.

I'm also pretty sure I _live_ in the middle of nowhere, lol.

-otterbelly
Reply to: #147831 by WalkinOrange
Oct 31, 2007 4:46am
Thread Board
Besides... please don't distract her until AFTER the Box of the Month is planted.

Scarab mailed it the other day-- so I expect to plant it this weekend!

I also finished a stamp for the 5 Secrets box. If the other people can get those stamps into X by 11/20 I may be able to get the box into the Raleigh area by 11/23. *crossing fingers*

And then there is the other X box that will be going out in Matthews probably sometime in 11/07.

I also just sent a box to dtandfambly for Table Rock.

And then there is BABE to start carving for.

Lots of projects planned! :)
Oct 31, 2007 4:47am
Thread Board
would anyone out there even be interested in hunting stamps in the middle of nowhere?????

Are you kidding?
1. I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's easy for me to get there! :)

2. If it's a box, they'll hunt it.

3. Have you ever gone after some of Pioneer Spirit's boxes? That man can get out there! Some of the best places I've discovered, I wouldn't have even known about had he not put one (or two) out in the middle of nowhere!

4. If it's a box, they'll hunt it...oh, did I already say that? :)

Mama Out There Huntin Dog
Re: The NH Tour Bus - Update 10-28-07
Board: State: New Hampshire
Reply to: #147667 by skier4444
Oct 31, 2007 4:54am
Thread Board
Hi skier4444,

I live in Canaan, NH. :)

Teresa (nhviewfinder)
Reply to: #147810 by Alyson Wonderland
Oct 31, 2007 4:56am
Thread Board
I've got an idea, why don't you plant some at Table Rock for the upcoming gathering! I'm sure Papa Wolf will help since he told me he was going to be the first one to get the box at the top of the mountain. Maybe he can plant some of yours on the climb up. (chuckle)
threespoiledboxers
Re: Mailing Postals
Board: Postals
Reply to: #147823 by MayaRama
Oct 31, 2007 4:57am
Thread Board
Quote i think that my post office jips me, because i;ll get postals that were paid like 1.17 and when i send them out they are like 1.80.

I think what happens in this situation is that the previous person sent it as a "large envelope", when in fact it should be sent as a "parcel". The only time I've noticed the big difference in postage is when the previous sender used the APC machine at the P.O. and chose the large envelope option. Due to the thickness of postals, they should be sent as a parcel, or the receiver may have to pay the "postage due".
Reply to: #147863 by The Wolf Family
Oct 31, 2007 5:13am
Thread Board
Quote Thank goodness for P.A.L. Day to actually motivate you to get them out of the house!

hey, i resemble that!

:P
Re: Really need help!!!
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #147359 by JJEB Bousquet
Oct 31, 2007 5:16am
Thread Board
Hi,

Where are you and your boxes located? Where is the class?

Artminx
Re: Mailing Postals
Reply to: #147869 by Snail Mail
Oct 31, 2007 5:20am
Thread Board
Does it have anything to do with where it is going? I know they always hit in the zip code before the cost pops up. I do a lot of shipping they UPS for my job and I know that makes a big difference. but I am not sure how it works for the USPS.

BBG
Re: Thanks TT and Rosmarinus!
Reply to: #147792 by songwriter
Oct 31, 2007 5:36am
Thread Board
I'm honored to be in the same subject line as TT!
Re: Really need help!!!
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #147359 by JJEB Bousquet
Oct 31, 2007 5:41am
Thread Board
I AQ mailed you about the boxes =)

~Aurora
Re: inspiration...
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #147817 by Three Hearts
Oct 31, 2007 5:42am
Thread Board
Quote and Itchy, Skritchy, & Scratchy (funny little single-celled germy faces)

I have Skritchy in my possession right now. Ready to be "distributed" at Ohio's All-Military Event on November 10.
In Duluth November 1! anyone????
Board: State: Georgia
Oct 31, 2007 5:46am
Thread Board
I'll be in Duluth, GA on November 1 from 10 a.m. until say 3 p.m.
Anyone know of any boxes that I can get that don't require a huge hike?
I'm interpreting a conference at the convention center at 7 p.m.
I can't be all sweaty, smelly, and dirty....TEEHEE
Reply to: #147770 by The hicks from the sticks
Oct 31, 2007 5:48am
Thread Board
I have a series of cooties called: Cootie Food
I have a series of cooties called: Cootie Toys
and I havea series of cooties called: Cootie Pets
..so fun:)
Re: Remotely hosted clues--details for you! =)
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #147845 by Green Tortuga
Oct 31, 2007 5:56am
Thread Board
Quote if the clue is mainly hosted on AQ but includes links to other web pages as part of the clue, does AQ cache those?

No.

Well, if it's written out without the internet "lingo" around it, it will cache it, right?
ie: atlasquest dot com instead of or in addition to www.atlasquest.com
Eeny Meany Miney Moe
Re: In Duluth November 1! anyone????
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #147876 by iSignASLily
Oct 31, 2007 5:57am
Thread Board
Quote I'll be in Duluth, GA on November 1 from 10 a.m. until say 3 p.m.
Anyone know of any boxes that I can get that don't require a huge hike?

Just about anything listed in Duluth or Suwanee is close enough to consider and the longest/dirtiest hikes are probably the ones in Suwanee along the Greenway. Are you planning to fill all five hours or only looking for a couple boxes?
Free to a good home
Board: Yakking It Up
Oct 31, 2007 6:04am
Thread Board
Free to a good home: 1 1/2 year old male Shizu. Are you up for a challenge? If you dont mind waking up at least once time a night and really early one the weekends- you'd Love him!! We used to think he wasnt real bright-however, he can count! Yes sometimes he starts with 1 bark then works his way up to 4 continuous barks! Did I mention his "Pall Mall" bark- like he just smoked 5 packs of cigarettes before beginning his "singing". Again, this is ALWAYS in the middle of the night or pre-dawn on the weekends. So, you would think he wants to come in the bedroom, right? Ha! When you drag your angry self up to open the door to let him in- he runs to another room in the house! Ah- it's soooo cute, he just wants to play! RRRRRRR! The reverse doesnt work either. If he starts out in the bedroom then the Pall Mall counting will just begin closer to your sleeping ears. Dinner time is always a joy! To have him "count" while you try to enjoy a nice family dinner at the table is soo much fun!! So, now, if it's just me and my husband at dinner time- we just lock ourselves in our room, turn the TV up really, really loud to try and "tune" out the singing outside of our door! Then there is the "morning time"- when I let him out in the morning- he knows to stay in OUR yard! However, if I turn my back for a split section- he vanishes! I know he know's this rule because he'll look at me with his crooked underbite smile to make sure I'm watching him- that way he knows when he can perform his great escape! Oh, did I mention that he takes no less than 20 minutes to do his "job". So, now I wake up 30 minutes earlier everyday , (unless I'm already up- thanks to him), for Zuki's "poop time". Oh and just because he has "poop time" several times thru out the day- he still leaves little presents in the house which I affectionately call "Zuki surprises". And if your looking for a "family" dog- sorry, he's not it. Despite 2 adults, 3 teenage children, and 1 grown daughter who visits frequently- he only likes me! He will run from my husband, (who is now nick named the "Big Bad Man"). Unless my husband is the first to get up in the morning- then Zukii will play and love him! Of course no else has witnessed this blessed event- we just have to "believe". Tricks? Sure! He will play fetch- you just have to go pick up the ball yourself or be barked at until you do! When my children were young I used to fantasize that when they were "almost adults"- the house would be clean and free from clutter, no more midnight feedings, no more toys thrown thru out. Boy did I get my bubble burst!!! So here I sit at work, (it's slow right now), thinking about my dog. In his defense- Zuki is awfully cute. He is lovable and loves to snuggle. He will use his paws like hands and "hold" on to me. He is great around the grandbaby- and when he plays, it's quite adorable. He greets me every day like he hasnt seen me in weeks! Hmmmmm- Fine! Disregard what I said. He's mine and I love him and I'm gonna keep him! Maybe I'll right the Dog Whisperer!
Re: Help! I don't want to crash my computer
Board: Computers, iPods, and Other Electronics
Reply to: #147822 by Alaska hsm
Oct 31, 2007 6:04am
Thread Board
Like the others said, RAM is a chip that gets installed on the inside of your computer. It would be best if you had a local repair shop purchase and install the RAM for you. You'll need to make sure that you have the right RAM, enough free slots to accept another chip, and some RAM needs to be installed in pairs. Mismatching may cause problems. If you needed to know what kind of RAM to buy, this is an excellent site: http://www.4allmemory.com.

But looking at the minimum system requirements for the Zoo Tycoon games, you should be fine with what you have.
Re: table rock
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #147700 by knit wit
Oct 31, 2007 6:06am
Thread Board
there will be a lot of people coming to this that I want to meet. Plus I'm not camping so I've only got Saturday to meet them. Hmmmm.... What to do....

This is exactly what I've been thinking. I want to get some boxes (as many as I possibly can), but I also want to meet everyone, get some PTs, some cooties, hand out some cooties, and I too only have one day. Somebody please make us a schedule so we can do the most we possibly can in one day!!! :) but then again, schedules aren't fun!! Oh well, we'll see when we get there!!

Dawn (counting down the days.....10 exactly cause the time will fall back, so it's actually 8 right now.)
Re: Watch out for the Stomach Flu
Reply to: #147862 by HG's Crew
Oct 31, 2007 6:07am
Thread Board
Poor HG, I'm sorry you feel so icky. I have the other thing that is going around...sinus and upper respiratory. I had the worst ear aches last night and was in so much pain I cried...and I'm not a baby that way, I can deal with pain. It's better this morning, but now the nasty stuff is happening...I won't go into detail, but it's Shrek colored!!!

Take it easy and do what you can with the plb's, don't stress!!! Feel better,
Turtlelove
Reply to: #147875 by Rosmarinus
Oct 31, 2007 6:08am
Thread Board
Quote I have Skritchy in my possession right now. Ready to be "distributed" at Ohio's All-Military Event on November 10.

Oh, how cool! :oD Thanks for posting that - it's so neat to hear about how far the little guys have traveled.

I really like that series. I forgot to mention in my previous post that the series is called: "Go Ahead...Erase Me." Tee hee!

3H
Re: master carve
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #147711 by dream a dream
Oct 31, 2007 6:10am
Thread Board
I've got 2 1/2 squares left and I don't like it at all. Wish I could trade it for somehting else, but Hobby Lobby doesn't have anytrhing else right now. :(

Dawn
Reply to: #147817 by Three Hearts
Oct 31, 2007 6:21am
Thread Board
got a dozen pencils and some of those triangular eraser caps. I carved little cooties into the eraser caps, sharpened the pencils, and put them on the table. So, when people grabbed a pencil to write in their log, they got cootied

Very cute idea!!! I have lots of those erasers here at my desk and an exacto knife. How did you carve the erasers? did you cut off the point to make it flat or did you carve on one side?
Need to make lots of cooties for the Table!!!

Dawn
holiday spirit anyone?
Board: State: Virginia
Oct 31, 2007 6:24am
Board
I created the Happy Holiday box in Ashburn and am putting in different stamps for each holiday. I went to replace the Halloween stamp with a Thanksgiving one, and there had been no finders in this lonely box. So, I left the Halloween stamp in as a bonus - 2 for 1 for a limited time only. And, as an extra bonus, I left a well-traveled hitchhiker in there for the first finder. All yours for the low price of $19.99! No, just kidding, but I hope I've inspired someone. Great doable box for the kids, also. Happy Holiday!
Reply to: #147887 by the Dawg Pound
Oct 31, 2007 6:25am
Thread Board
Quote Very cute idea!!! I have lots of those erasers here at my desk and an exacto knife. How did you carve the erasers? did you cut off the point to make it flat or did you carve on one side?

Thanks! :o) I imagine you could use an xacto (I'm not good at that) - I just used my carving tool. I carved a negative image into one of the flat sides of the eraser. You could carve an image on both sides, if you wanted.

Have fun!

3H
Re: Who are you going to be?
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #147338 by The Wolf Family
Oct 31, 2007 6:30am
Thread Board
my youngest is a tree (he's never anything convention-- last year he was a chicken with "EET MOR BEEF" around his neck).

LOVE IT! He sounds hysterical! My middle one, though she chooses somewhat conventional costumes, also marches to the beat of a different drummer. I love that about her.
How old is he?
Oct 31, 2007 6:30am
Thread Board
I went hunting several months ago for a box in the "Middle of Nowhere" and found a box that hadn't been found in several Years! I'll have to say that is one of my most treasured stamp and boxing experience.
Re: Watch out for the Stomach Flu
Reply to: #147862 by HG's Crew
Oct 31, 2007 6:32am
Thread Board
So sorry you had this, it went through our family a couple of weeks ago and it does hit you hard and fast! Hope your'e feeling better. Take it easy for a couple of days!!!

Dawn
Reply to: #147889 by Three Hearts
Oct 31, 2007 6:35am
Thread Board
::giggling as I type:: I'm not good with an xacto either, but it's all I have here at work and the boss just left for awhile, so I have some time to carve!!! After all, I must stay busy.
Be back in a second or two, gotta go raid everyone else's offices down the hall for erasers!!! :) ooohhh...what fun to do naughty things....especially on Halloween!!!

muhahahahah,
Dawn