A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Random Acts of AQ Kindness

Re: Help me design my signature stamp?
Board: Random Acts of AQ Kindness
Reply to: #936497 by buddyjumper
Oct 16, 2016 11:00am
Thread
Anyway, I'd love to hear some of your ideas for creating my new signature.

It saves lots of time to put one's city and state on the signature stamp too.
Oct 16, 2016 1:00pm
Thread
Where do you see your trailname on your stamp?
Around the panda, on the panda's jumper (British sweater), beneath the panda (kinda like a pedestal)?
Oct 16, 2016 3:23pm
Thread
I'm looking to create a new, hopefully permanent, signature stamp but my creativity is just not there. [...] I have a thing for pandas so I'd love if I could include one in my design, and maybe my trailname if I'm feeling ambitious.

When I read that first line that I copied above, I looked at your trail name and thought of someone parachuting. Then when I got to the other line I thought that it could be a parachuting panda. Put your trail name on the parachute and your home town below the panda. If you city and state have a common letter then you can cross them below, like the "X" for the landing zone.
Reply to: #936527 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 16, 2016 9:29pm
Thread
I love this idea, I've never been parachuting - the thought terrifies me. Buddy used to be a horse that I rode.
Reply to: #936542 by buddyjumper
Oct 16, 2016 10:29pm
Thread
I love this idea, I've never been parachuting - the thought terrifies me. Buddy used to be a horse that I rode.

Would you rather have a horse jumping? ;-)

Come up with an idea and someone will carve it for you. Or you could carve it from an image that someone comes up with. Just let us know on this group and someone will pick up the challenge you give us.
Reply to: #936543 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 17, 2016 7:09am
Thread
I would love for someone to design a stamp for me! Unfortunately I can't pay anyone to do it at this time but if someone is willing to design for free I would be forever grateful!

Perhaps a horse jumping over my trailname and location? Kinda like this horse (https://img0.etsystatic.com/070/0/9830689/il_214x170.826174786_hgd7.jpg)? I'm an okay carver but I'd like to challenge myself to carve my own signature stamp, even if it takes me many tries!

Parachuting Pandas would also be really cool too!
Reply to: #936552 by buddyjumper
Oct 17, 2016 11:59am
Thread
This was my thought...

http://i.imgur.com/accdRVd.png
Reply to: #936579 by Peachfaced
Oct 17, 2016 1:59pm
Thread
This looks amazing! Thank you so much!
Reply to: #936587 by buddyjumper
Oct 17, 2016 2:14pm
Thread
You're welcome! Do you need a specific size? I can email you a .PDF with various sizes so you can figure out what's comfortable to carve.
Please join me in raising awareness and funds
Feb 6, 2017 11:35am
Please join me in supporting the 12th Annual 5k for Epilepsy that will be held nationwide on Saturday, March 25, 2017.

Each year thousands of families find themselves facing uncertainty when their loved ones suddenly experience seizures and epilepy-associated challenges. My husband Tom has had epilepsy since he was 12 and two years ago it turned our lives upside down until he was able to get it controlled again. This year he will be walking in the Arizona walk and we would like to ask you to help us raise awareness and funds to support the Epilepsy Foundation. Any amount would be greatly appreciated, even $1.00 would help him reach his goal. I will be creating a special stamp for this event and will send it to anyone who donates and sends me their mailing address.

Tom's Donation Link: https://secure.qgiv.com/event/account/474101/

Thank you for your support,
Judy
Shutterbug2012
Shameless but Humble Request For Help
Jun 9, 2017 5:41pm
Thread
Tex, "the third lost boy", has come down with a sudden, intense, and yet undiagnosed illness. We've pretty much drained our savings account over these past 3 weeks in an ongoing effort to pay for his vet bills, treatments, and tests. These are our hands (and paws) extended out in need, with the hope that kind and caring friends and angels will help us to afford the treatments and medications necessary to pay for Tex's veterinary bills and care until he can make a full recovery.

His full story is at the link below.

Please help in any way you can:
https://www.youcaring.com/tex-844772

And if you can't donate, please share!

With all of our love, Silvio & Eri
Re: Shameless but Humble Request For Help
Reply to: #946713 by The Lost Boys
Jun 9, 2017 6:28pm
Thread
We put our Dory to sleep last month when we decided it was neither humane or financially responsible to extend his time beyond his 19+ years. I would love to send you something in his memory. Do you have PayPal? Laurie
Reply to: #946716 by LuLaHe
Jun 9, 2017 9:05pm
Thread
Sorry to hear that, LuLaHe. Was Dory a dog or cat?
Reply to: #946713 by The Lost Boys
Jun 14, 2017 5:24pm
Thread
Did the vet look for intestinal parasites? We had a very young cat waste away from some unknown parasite. She outright refused to eat or drink.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Jun 18, 2017 11:23am
I HOPE ALL THE FATHERS HAVE A GREAT DAY
BE SAFE AND ENJOY THE LOVE OF THE FAMILY'S
GOD'S LOVE
One of my favorite themes
Dec 1, 2017 5:28am
Thread
I just love this theme! Thank you Ryan.
Re: One of my favorite themes
Reply to: #954233 by SherlockMiles
Dec 1, 2017 7:04am
Thread
yes, I pressed the rude button. Snow is rude. lol
Dec 1, 2017 10:19am
Thread
I love the theme too but then again, I'm a lover of snow !!
Dec 1, 2017 12:49pm
Thread
This is the number one rated theme.
Reply to: #954237 by Teacup
Dec 1, 2017 6:33pm
Thread
So pretty!
Muggle saves stamp
Dec 15, 2017 11:09am
Thread
My faith in muggles is restored! While out hunting for a Christmas tree, a muggle family came across one of my letterboxes. The box was destroyed, the stamp and logbook just sitting there. He took the time and effort to track me down (this is why you put a "Congrats! You've found a letterbox! card in the box) and arranged to return the stamp and logbook to me.

Thankfully the logbook and stamp are in perfect condition, which was shocking due to the amount of snow the area it was planted in gets.

I wish there were more muggles like this man and his family! Thank you, Muggle!
Re: Muggle saves stamp
Reply to: #954541 by Music Chick
Dec 15, 2017 11:37am
Thread
I wish there were more muggles like this man and his family! Thank you, Muggle!

I had one of my letterbox/geocache boxes found by a similar muggle. It was planted next to a golf course and hidden very well (because it had gone missing where it had been before). A man and his son were searching for golf balls (in the park next to the golf course) when they found my box.

I had put my email address in the logbook so he contacted me about it. I thanked him for contating me, explained about geocaching (since that was the most frequent finders) and that the box should be returned to where it was found. He did so, and I checked on it a few days later.

There are plenty of good muggles out there, just not enough.
Re: Muggle saves stamp
Reply to: #954541 by Music Chick
Dec 15, 2017 1:28pm
Thread
Yup! Happened to me too a couple years ago. Muggle, probably a NOXER, who was on vacation stumbled upon one of my boxes just laying around on the ground. She knew exactly what it was and notified her letterboxing relative in another state and after a whole lot of money in postage and a couple months it was back in my hands safe and sound.
My Obi-Wan
Jan 15, 2018 1:46am
Thread
A yell out to The Woodshed for being my go-to-person to learn about postals. Air hugs to you!
Re: My Obi-Wan
Reply to: #955549 by DeeCee
Jan 15, 2018 7:00am
Thread
I agree completely. She has provided great advice and know-how to my daughters (GF4LIFE and SoccerGirl02) and I, by allowing newbies to participate in her single postals. Big thanks to Woodshed from my girls and I. We are looking forward to receiving the next Postal from her.
Re: My Obi-Wan
Reply to: #955549 by DeeCee
Jan 15, 2018 10:06am
Thread
Totally agree! She's awesome! And super extra bonus - I got to meet her in person when she traveled all the way to NC for the Disney event! Plus her sidekick, Mr. Woodshed! She too introduced me to the world of postals.
Can you help?
Apr 22, 2018 4:33pm
Hey Letterbox family,

I am need help with a project with my classroom. I am trying to finish up a donorschoose project before the school ends. My project is for 6 wobble stools for my active students. These have been proven to help kids learn. Can you help me? Anything will get us closer to our finish line.

Many times you ask but no one helps but I know my letterboxing family won't let me down. :)

Thank You in advance!

My students need 6 wobble stools for their classroom. Could you help? #donorschoose #flexseating #kindness #ripple #classrooms #donate Check out my classroom on @DonorsChoose! I'd love your help to bring my project to life: https://donorschoo.se/e/pU25bf3QkM
I’m walking the CHOC
Jul 16, 2018 6:23am
And I’m not afraid to ask for donations. Here is my donation page link:
https://www.chocwalk.org/Member/MyPage/1837194/Gary-Plude
Will carve requests for $$
Pampered Chef Fundraiser - American Cancer Society
Aug 8, 2018 9:06am
Thread
I SO excited to let you know about a wonderful fundraiser TEAM TLM is hosting NOW through August 29th: PAMPERED CHEF !!!

https://pamperedchef.com/party/ToniCancerFundraiser

25% of all sales over $650 will be donated to the American Cancer Society for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. You'll note on the link above that it says 15%. My amazing consultant Yvonne is personally donating the additional 10%!!

You can order ANYTHING in the ENTIRE catalog. You all know how much I love Pampered Chef items. This is the perfect time to get those gadgets you've been wanting, update your cookware, or try some of their delicious food items. Who couldn't use a new cutting board or paring knife?? Looking for recommendations - just ask! They have 76 items UNDER $10 - LOL I think I own and love all of them!

Christmas will be here before you know it - get some of your shopping done early. Great quick gift idea: Season's Best cookbook + Mini Nylon Serving Spatula + ribbon! Maybe add a yummy Seasoning Mix. Pampered Chef makes the best wedding or anniversary presents, too.

Really stuck on what to buy - I HIGHLY recommend the Garlic Infused Canola Oil!! Buy 2 bottles - once you try it, you'll be using it all the time.

Lastly - PLEASE share this link with all of your friends, family, and co-workers and post on your facebook page. It would be very much appreciated and helpful. The great thing is that anyone anywhere can shop via my link to help our effort.

https://pamperedchef.com/party/ToniCancerFundraiser

Thank you again. Every dollar counts.
Re: Pampered Chef Fundraiser - American Cancer Society
Reply to: #963577 by SherlockMiles
Aug 8, 2018 9:29am
Thread
If you like garlic, the Garlic Peeler & Slicer Set is a must-have. Perfect, paper thin slices every time. And the Carnitas seasoning on a pork picnic roast simmering in the slow cooker will drive you insane...