Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Heavy Metal Or No Metal At All!

Blood Ceremony - a metal band for all ages!
Board: Heavy Metal Or No Metal At All!
Apr 30, 2012 6:53pm
Thread
Highly recommend folk check out this band! Hailing from Canada, they're like a perfect mix of Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull. Awesome 70s style metal riffs with a powerful woman singer who also plays flute & organ. Fantastic live too!

http://www.facebook.com/bloodceremonyrock
Re: Blood Ceremony - a metal band for all ages!
Reply to: #696574 by boblovesmusic
Apr 30, 2012 6:55pm
Thread
Agreed!
Re: Blood Ceremony - a metal band for all ages!
Reply to: #696575 by Epicus Ratticus
May 1, 2012 8:27pm
Thread
Also incredibly friendly people! Hoping to book them for a show in Boston!
Metal
Jul 16, 2015 7:07pm
Thread
Not much metal talk. Just saw board today. Mostly seems like death metal or doom metal... really hardcore stuff I have a hard time listening to. Grew up on 80's metal. Judas priest, megadeth , testament. Mostly like hard rock now that I am older. Volbeat, mastadon, ... just heard something new by royal blood and highly suspect... it aint bad for hard rock aka just plane metal.... Just too old to buy music anymore and the magazines to learn about new bands.
Re: Metal
Reply to: #904657 by PunkSoulBrother
Jul 16, 2015 7:09pm
Thread
plus the radio doesn't play jack anymore... my rock stations plays sublime, beastie boys, ... that just isn't rock.
Reply to: #904658 by PunkSoulBrother
Jul 16, 2015 8:35pm
Thread
Yeah, we're probably about the same age, since you use such archaic words as "magazine" and "radio" as ways to learn about and listen to music. Google and YouTube, my friend.

Lots of good newer bands out there. Probably my favorite in recent years is Graveyard from Sweden. Just Google "Graveyard band songs" and check them out. Kind of in the vein of UFO or Dio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HmMy2ubC7E

And as a big King's X fan, I really like the latest side project by dUg Pinnick called KXM, with George Lynch and Ray Luzier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW-kV_G-rEQ

K
Reply to: #904676 by Kelsung
Aug 14, 2015 9:17am
Thread
Those were the days - buying magazines and excitedly waiting for the weekly metal hour in radio to record on tape all the interesting songs - or maybe the entire show!

I think my most used way of finding new music is going to concerts. Just that I've got to do it all too seldom during recent years.
Greek and Turkish Heavy Metal boxes
Aug 12, 2016 8:53am
This past June I was on vacation in Greece, Crete, Santorini, Mykonos, and Turkey and hid some boxes along the way. The boxes are all named after local bands from Greece and Turkey and the boxes name reflects something about the area I hid them in. Here is the list the boxes I hid there.

Crimson Sunsets
The Brightly Shining Sea
Broken, Beat, and Scarred
Turning Point
Burning Reflection
Shattered Oblivion

Heading to the Summer Slaughter metal show today at the NOVO in downtown Los Angeles
with Cannibal Corpse and Nile.
Cheers
Cd