A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Cleverly Cheap and Crafty Xmas or other Gift Ideas

summer gift for kids.....or a teacher gift for her class
Board: Cleverly Cheap and Crafty Xmas or other Gift Ideas
Jul 19, 2011 10:08am
Thread
Book Worms

I found this idea online and made my own version of the tag........made up a bunch of little bags of gummi worms (you can buy them bulk or at the dollar store)......found some new-looking books at thrift shops/garage sales....and made up little "book and bookworm" gifts for all the kids in my life. It sure brings a smile to their faces and it hardly costs a thing! I've been giving them to kids from preschool age clear up to college age :o)

QM
Re: summer gift for kids.....or a teacher gift for her class
Reply to: #622600 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Jul 19, 2011 10:35am
Thread
BTW---preschoolers get the softer, easy-to-chew version of gummy worms......
Gift for the Disney lover
Jul 19, 2011 6:51pm
Thread
So, my sister loves, loves, loves Disney. So, this year I thought and thought about what to get her. . . Well my mom gave this three picture matted frame. I went on ebay and saw that people are selling their old disneyland entrance tickets . . . and some of them have keys on the tickets. So I bought 3 of them, the most expensive one being $2.89 cents, with free shipping on all of them. And I plan on adding a card that reads "Since you love Disneyland, I thought I'd give you the Keys to the Magic Kingdom".

So, now she's getting a thoughtful gift for less than $9.
Re: Gift for the Disney lover
Reply to: #622732 by Captain Slick Kitty
Aug 4, 2011 5:59pm
Thread
What a great idea. i guess i'd better start thinking of gifts huh?

deniserows
but doesn't plan well
quick gift to brighten someone's day
Aug 30, 2011 9:52pm
Thread
Carnation, any color.

If you don't have line paper, make the lines your self on light brown or yellow paper, in the shape of diamonds . . .

Roll the diamond paper into a cone, and tape the carnation stem inside, leaving the flower pedals out.

The end result, you will have a ice cream like, with cone, flower gift. Probably will work as a wedding decoration too.

slick kitty
Re: quick gift to brighten someone's day
Reply to: #635435 by Captain Slick Kitty
Aug 30, 2011 10:04pm
Thread
The end result, you will have a ice cream like, with cone, flower gift.

This sounds interesting....I was wondering if you can post a photo or a link so we can see what it looks like? :o)
Reply to: #635439 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Aug 31, 2011 8:48am
Thread
The two flowers on top of the arrangement is what your end result will be, with paper as the cone.

http://www.southernveranda.com/fairhope-flowers/ice-cream-cone-centerpiece-193p.asp

slick kitty
Reply to: #635512 by Captain Slick Kitty
Aug 31, 2011 10:54am
Thread
Thanks, slick kitty! That helps a lot!

QM
Great Ideas
Sep 9, 2011 8:36am
Thread
While sitting in an auto dealership in KY waiting for repairs, I'm browsing. I found a great site! You could browse here ALL DAY!! GREAT ideas!!! www.pintrest.com.

Try it! Post your favorite find.
Re: Great Ideas
Reply to: #638062 by Da Kool Kats
Sep 9, 2011 9:24am
Thread
I agree! I've been using http://pinterest.com/ for several months now and can't get enough of it! I'm not sure how it is now, but when I joined you had to have an "invite"......but I think you can request your own "invite".......this is one of the safe guards to keep out the spam. It's awesome!

QM
Re: Great Ideas
Reply to: #638077 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Sep 9, 2011 7:47pm
Thread
I didn't/haven't joined yet but you can get some great ideas just by looking at website.

Carole
Re: ornaments using stamped images
Reply to: #662084 by System
Dec 12, 2011 7:30pm
ooooh! a siggy stamp ornament! mmmmmm
Christmas Cards as a gift idea
Nov 29, 2015 1:30pm
Thread
https://www.yahoo.com/makers/14-holiday-cards-you-can-make-1308201638518838.html

I saw this and thought how clever it would be to send this as a 6 pack of Christmas cards gift.
Re: Christmas Cards as a gift idea
Reply to: #915140 by Captain Slick Kitty
Nov 29, 2015 5:22pm
Thread
Wonderful ideas.....could really dress them up with stamps too. Thanks for sharing.
Peace
CTEE
Easy gifts with matchbook style cover
Jan 1, 2016 11:09am
I know it's past the gift giving season but here's an idea that might be helpful next year or for a party favor, or....who knows? I made these for hot cocoa packets for the children in my after school tutoring group. I stamped the cardstock with snowflakes, etc. put their names on the outside, and added the sentiment....Wishing you warmth and joy!.....on the inside. They loved them. I also made one for the boss with a gift card from all of our department.....and no hot cocoa lol!...but that way we could all sign the inside of the card cover. They could also work with mini microwave popcorn, small packet of trail mix or fun size M&Ms bag.

Very easy to make and when you dress it up with stamps (or embellishments as in the video) it's quite presentable. I also used a corner rounder on the edge that creates the flap (not shown in the video).

Here are my notes for materials: Cut cardstock to 4"x11". Score at 10" and 4.75". Round the corners of the end closest to the 10" score mark. Stamp images after scoring to be sure they will be placed correctly. 2 per 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock. Use a SMALL hole punch and 12"-24" of ribbon. If you are using curling ribbon, the 24" length shows off those long curly ribbon ends well.

Enjoy!
CTEE