Mar 23, 2019 6:36pm
Thread
Look for letterboxing
Re: Clue Tracker for Android pre-release
Board: Clue Tracker
Reply to: #973178 by MichKathy
Mar 23, 2019 6:54pm
Thread
I found it .... I was just amused by what I found the first time around :)
Reply to: #973155 by MichKathy
Mar 23, 2019 6:58pm
Thread
I was using it on Friday and Saturday. =)
Reply to: #973155 by MichKathy
Mar 24, 2019 4:09am
Thread
Purchased it last night and can't wait to try it!
Reply to: #973197 by Rocklun
Mar 26, 2019 1:43am
Thread
If the android version is as good as the IOS version, you will LOVE IT
Reply to: #973363 by windsurfgator
Mar 26, 2019 11:57am
Thread
The Android version is very, very close to the iOS version. Having been testing it for a while and having the iOS version on my iPad, there are some functional differences and some visual differences but even if it doesn't exactly match the iOS version, the Android version is WAY better than Box Radar in almost every instance.

THANK YOU!!!
Lynn
Reply to: #973180 by koalacat
Mar 26, 2019 1:30pm
Thread
1. How does this differ from just getting on AQ and getting clues from it on my phone?

2. How can I use it with my tablet if I'm on a trip and there is no wifi?

Is it easy for a computer illiterate to figure out?
Reply to: #973394 by Topcollector
Mar 27, 2019 12:02pm
Thread
Hi. As one of the creators of Clue Tracker, I'm probably a little biased so maybe other people can respond to your questions too. :-)

1. How does this differ from just getting on AQ and getting clues from it on my phone?

In some ways, it's not that different. But there are a lot of benefits to having an app such as Clue Tracker. First, you can plan your trip in advance and have all of the boxes saved in the order you intend to find them. I currently have many planned letterboxing trips/outings for locations near and far. It's easy to just refresh the list of boxes to retrieve updated clues and other info, and then I'm ready to go. Next, you don't have to have cellular service to see the clues; I've been burned in the past when my browser decided it needed to reload a web page and I didn't have cell service. Lastly, the iOS version of the app has a built-in compass and camera functionality which I find very helpful when I'm on the trail (no need to switch apps).

2. How can I use it with my tablet if I'm on a trip and there is no wifi?

If you can get wifi at some point (hotel? coffee shop?) before you go out on the trail, you can save the letterboxes to your tablet and then use Clue Tracker to read the clues while on the trail.

Is it easy for a computer illiterate to figure out?

I've been told that Clue Tracker is easy to use and understand. If you read further back in this forum you can find people who claim to be computer illiterate who are happy with Clue Tracker on iOS. My suggestion is that you look at the screenshots on our website (see: https://cluetracker.pearlcrescent.com/android/ ) and see if you can figure out how to search for boxes and how to save them. There's also some diagrams on this page which you may find to be helpful:
https://cluetracker.pearlcrescent.com/android/faq/
Reply to: #973434 by MichKathy
Mar 27, 2019 1:16pm
Thread
Thank you.

What is iOS?
Reply to: #973438 by Topcollector
Mar 27, 2019 2:18pm
Thread
What is iOS?

iOS is the operating system that Apple uses, like for iPhones and iPads. Usually if someone is talking about the iOS version of something that means the version for Apple devices.
Reply to: #973445 by Dawnkey
Mar 27, 2019 3:39pm
Thread
Thanks.
Reply to: #973394 by Topcollector
Mar 28, 2019 1:05am
Thread
I love CT tend to use it exclusively when I travel. If I’ve done my homework before the trip, I’ve already updated the locations of boxes where I will be (a premium feature well worth the price of membership) and then just ride around with the family and see what is near me to find. As my family only tolerates my LBing, finding the boxes nearby is very helpful to finding any at all! LOL
Clue Tracker for Android -- version 1.0
Apr 24, 2019 8:26am
Thread
Hi. TrailMark and I are happy to announce that version 1.0 of Clue Tracker for Android is "official" now and can be purchased from Google Play. Thank you to everyone who sent us feedback and bug reports!

If you have a suggestion for new features to include in future versions, please comment here or send us email: support@pearlcrescent.com
Clue Tracker for iOS — version 4.0.4
Apr 24, 2019 8:44am
Thread
We also released a small iOS Clue Tracker update today (version 4.0.4) for those of you who have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. New in this version:
• Added a warning message that is displayed if the Atlas Quest search limit is reached during a search. Thanks to Ryan for making this possible.
• Added support for three Siri Shortcuts (Find Nearby Boxes, Find Nearby AQ Boxes, Find Nearby LbNA Boxes). To add a voice shortcut, first use Clue Tracker to perform the kind of nearby search twice for which you want to add a shortcut and then go to “Siri & Search” within the iOS Settings app and tap “All Shortcuts”.
• Improved how Clue Tracker determines whether a box location is exact or approximate.
• Improved compatibility with recent versions of iOS.

You can learn more about Clue Tracker (for iOS and Android) on our website: https://cluetracker.pearlcrescent.com/
Re: Clue Tracker for iOS — version 4.0.4
Reply to: #974500 by TrailMark
Apr 24, 2019 2:55pm
Thread
I am no longer an android user but very pleased to know this is out there if I need it
Re: Clue Tracker for Android -- version 1.0
Reply to: #974498 by MichKathy
Apr 26, 2019 5:01pm
Thread
Congrats on the official release of Clue Tracker for Android. It is nice to see the map feature added. Is there a place where we can submit enhancement requests? There are a few features from Box Radar that we would love to have.
I am sure that all of us former Box Radar users would be willing to even shell out a few more dollars for more features. After all, Box Radar was 2x your Clue Tracker price and we paid it!
Reply to: #974633 by Anteloper
Apr 27, 2019 4:12pm
Thread
Box Radar was 2x your Clue Tracker price and we paid it!

Was it really? I don't remember paying anything for BR. Admittedly, it was a very long time ago and my memory isn't the greatest...
:D
Reply to: #974681 by frankie and benjy
Apr 27, 2019 4:38pm
Thread
There was a free version.
The paid version went to support the author.
Reply to: #974684 by Phoenix Rizing
Apr 27, 2019 6:39pm
Thread
Ah, I see.
Reply to: #974498 by MichKathy
Apr 28, 2019 4:46pm
Thread
simply said......... i love this app!!!!

smile
Reply to: #974633 by Anteloper
Apr 29, 2019 6:34am
Thread
Is there a place where we can submit enhancement requests?

You can post here or send us email: support@pearlcrescent.com
Reply to: #974718 by MichKathy
Apr 29, 2019 8:55am
Thread
Awesome. A couple of notes
1) If you switch to another application while in Clue Tracker, and then dismiss that app, Clue Tracker is closed. For example, if I switch to my camera while in Clue Tracker by double twisting, then dismiss the camera, Clue Tracker is closed.
2) A notation for hand carved and diamond would be appreciated. We try to focus on those when out letterboxing. I believe the diamond notation is for boxes rated 5 stars.
3) Would it be possible to record the find via an API to AtlasQuest from inside Clue Tracker? As it stands, to record a find from Clue Tracker requires a browser to AtlasQuest open, which requires me to enter my trail name and password (what? you store your credentials? tsk, tsk :-) ) and that makes it a bit cumbersome. If a connection isn't available at the time, queue the find data and update when a connection is available?
4) Occasionally, Clue Tracker will not load the clue, only the metadata about the box. This requires going back to the box list and reopening that box. Is there a debug log that can be enabled to allow you to possibly capture what is happening?
5) Would it be possible to allow selection of storage for saved lists? I would like to put them on the SD card in the phone rather than in main memory.

Again, thank you for the port from iOS to Android.
Reply to: #974721 by Anteloper
May 1, 2019 6:27am
Thread
Thanks for all of the great feedback and bug reports.

We will investigate #1 and see if we can reproduce this problem. I think we will need help debugging #4 (clue not loading) but that is probably best done via email (support@pearlcrescent.com).

Displaying hard-carved and blue diamond icons (#2) is on our "to do" list.

Recording a find within Clue Tracker (#3) is also on our "to do" list but that will take significant work, so it may be a little while before we get to it.

We'll also investigate what it will take to support selection of storage (#5).
Clue Tracker for Android -- version 1.1
Jul 24, 2019 9:00am
Hi. TrailMark and I are happy to announce that Clue Tracker for Android version 1.1 is now available in Google Play. Please let us know if you encounter any problems or have a feature request.

Here is what's new:
• Added the capability to edit the location of a box that has been saved to your device. When viewing details for a saved box, tap the action menu (located in the top-right corner of the screen) and then tap “Edit Box”.
• The app now displays a sequence of status messages while searching.
• Improved the reliability and speed of "get current location" (used for nearby searches).
• Added 64-bit support (a Google requirement).

We also addressed some problems that a few people reported.

Enjoy!
Android users of Clue Tracker
Aug 30, 2019 7:40am
Thread
Hi. TrailMark and I are wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the beta version of Clue Tracker for Android that we released a couple weeks ago. In particular, we'd like to hear from people if the compass is working or not. With all the variety of hardware and Android software we'd like to know if it works for people.

Also, if anyone has feedback on the new "include my saved boxes" search option, we would love to hear from you.
Re: Android users of Clue Tracker
Reply to: #978926 by MichKathy
Aug 30, 2019 9:03am
Thread
Have not used it live but I did open it and see it works but not super well. It jumps around a lot. For instance, laying on the desk in my office it eventually settles on 333 but in getting there is at less than 300 and up to 5. Then I tap my desk with my knuckles and then the compass has change to 340. Another couple taps and 328.

Actually HOLDING it is much worse since every heartbeat, breathe or other subtle things we do all the time causes the numbers to jump around. For instance picking the phone up from the desk and holding it in front of me, the numbers jump from ~280 to ~340 without me moving before settling back at ~330.

Maybe if you can summarize it to every five degrees so won't jump so much?
Reply to: #978926 by MichKathy
Aug 30, 2019 7:05pm
Thread
I haven't used the compass feature, otherwise, I love it!!!

I will play with the compass and compare it to my compass.

Lynn
Reply to: #978931 by Eidolon
Sep 1, 2019 1:32pm
Thread
Thanks for the feedback! I think this is a problem when you are inside. Could you try the compass outside and let us know if it is less "jumpy"?
Reply to: #979027 by MichKathy
Sep 13, 2019 8:57am
Thread
Thanks for the feedback! I think this is a problem when you are inside. Could you try the compass outside and let us know if it is less "jumpy"?

Yup, it worked much better outside.
Reply to: #979416 by Eidolon
Sep 13, 2019 9:11am
Thread
Thank you!