About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Second-Hand LTC Land

Retired Card Comeback
Board: Second-Hand LTC Land
Jun 17, 2010 6:10pm
Thread
Have you ever planned to make a few LTCs extra for a swap but then get so pressed for time (or just a touch bored making the rest) that you only finish what you need for the swap? Then, the rest stay in bits and peices on your craft table and get covered with more current projects. That's what's behind this little offer!

I Found the bits and peices to several cards that have been retired for awhile and decided to put them together. So I'm offering up these "last call" cards to this group as I'd love to trade for other "retired" cards. I'm particular to Dragons, Fantasy cards, Literary cards, anything that's interactive, Sci-Fi, or steampunkish. I'm also really bad at saying "no" to anybody with a trade...so give it a shot.

Here's the cards that I've "found" since retiring them:
The Lost Flag of Rohan: I put version 2 on the back as I don't think it's EXACTLY the same but close. I have 3 of them.
Absinthe: Originally done for the Stocking the Witches Cupboard swap last Halloween. Alcohol ink background with embossed stamp image. It's not about the stamp. I have 3.
The Difficult Kind: Only did 5 or so of these for a small Lilith Fair swap. Based on Sheryl Crow's song of the same name. Not about the stamp. Only 1.
Captain Nemo's Compass: Did for the Steampunk swap. Found all the bits and peices to do one last card. Interactive, extensively embellished, not about stamp. Only 1.

I also have 4 cards that are "experimental"...sort of prototypes that never really took off as I didn't acheive the look I wanted. Called Locker 42, they are not even listed (and won't be) but if you'd like one, make me an offer. It's mainly alcohol ink with a stamp image of a person. Crappy stamp! I was trying to make a LTC that had the look of the Thermal Imaging cameras they use on Ghost Hunters. None of these cards came out the way I wanted so I just threw them aside and moved on.

Drop me an AQ mail if interested or if you have any questions. Always happy to trade any of my actives as well.

Thanks!
Wyvern
Re: Retired Card Comeback
Reply to: #522879 by Wyvern
Jun 17, 2010 9:56pm
Thread
I've already requested that Steampunk card, so the rest of you need to forget she even mentioned that one!

Mandy
gj
Reply to: #522943 by Geometry Junkie
Jun 18, 2010 9:34am
Thread
I always see these kind of things too late
Reply to: #523010 by Raven
Jun 18, 2010 11:08am
Thread
Nope, not too late!
I only posted to this group to give you guys first dibs.

In fact, I've only had one taker and that's on the Steampunk card. Everything else still there...except maybe the Sheryl Crow card...I have an AQ mail from Miss Chievous...

I'll trade these cards out late next week to the "general" LTC public...

Wyvern
LTC's up for (re)-trade!
Sep 22, 2010 12:03pm
Thread
Hello! I have some second hand LTC's up for trade. Here they are:

The M&M Logbook by Travelin' Shutterbug
Day Dreamer by Dartmoor Dreamer
The Art of Molly Harrison: Rose's Friend by Gypsy Ladybug
SN-OWen Sound by Where's Wendy
The M&M "Sneaky" by Travelin' Shutterbug
The M&M Letterboxer by Travelin' Shutterbug
NJ Legends Visit MML3 by Travelin' Shutterbug
Year of the Tiger 1902 by Sheba
Winter Street by Silva Foot Family
Tune In and Tune Out: What's the Name of That Song by Silva Foot Family

Please email me if you would like to trade. Thanks.

EnergyStar
Re: LTC's up for (re)-trade!
Reply to: #547508 by EnergyStar
Sep 22, 2010 3:50pm
Thread
I actually have most of those already. :)
LTC up for trade!
Oct 13, 2010 4:22pm
Hi! I have an LTC up for trade. It is Great Horned Owl, by Gypsy Lady Bug. If you are interested in trading, let me know. Thanks.
I've been retrading . . .
Oct 20, 2011 6:38am
Thread
. . . some LTCs this morning, so some of you will probably get some unexpected updates. Please remember that I don't retrade cards because I dislike them. Actually, the opposite of that is true. I only retrade cards that I like very much and want to share with others.

Mandy
gj
Re: I've been retrading . . .
Reply to: #648490 by Geometry Junkie
Oct 20, 2011 1:10pm
Thread
I only retrade cards that I like very much and want to share with others.

Well let's get one thing straight, you may be a member of this board but nobody is prying any GJ cards out of my wittle hands. THEY ARE MINE! I'm kinda selfish with the cards i receive that I love but joined this board since I could care less who trades my own creations. LOL
Reply to: #648591 by Sweet n Sassy
Oct 20, 2011 5:47pm
Thread
you may be a member of this board but nobody is prying any GJ cards out of my wittle hands

Well, never say never-- she's working hard on me to get one of her LTC's! Of course, I am demanding a trade of at least one other card of hers...
Reply to: #648666 by The Wolf Family
Oct 20, 2011 5:54pm
Thread
Well, never say never-- she's working hard on me to get one of her LTC's! Of course, I am demanding a trade of at least one other card of hers...

It will be on the way tomorrow. I hope you're not disappointed. I'm glad both of you enjoy my little cards. :o)

Mandy
Reply to: #648671 by Geometry Junkie
Oct 20, 2011 5:55pm
Thread
I hope you're not disappointed.

*rolling eyes*

Like this could ever even happen!
Extras I have to trade
Dec 14, 2011 11:51am
Thread
Hi, my first time so if I goof up please let me know, pronto. I don't want to offend anyone. I would like to trade with these cards:

All Over The Map by Gypsy LadyBug-1
All About The Carve by GLB-1
Mountain Runners by Mama Wolf-1
In Memory of Grammy's Birdhouse by Travelin' Shutterbug-1
The Wizard of Oz: The Lollipop Kid by Travelin' S-1

These were duplicates I have received.

Now what do I do? I'm not sure I know the etiquette on how to refuse an offer, or if that is even possible, or if I even want to, lol...do any of these authors want their own cards back? Help please...maybe they have someone they would like to give them to, themselves?

Thanks for any reply,
OD
Re: Extras I have to trade
Reply to: #662442 by Okie Dog
Dec 14, 2011 12:01pm
Thread
I'll trade you if you'd like. I have some duplicates as well from others.
Reply to: #662444 by Sweet n Sassy
Dec 14, 2011 12:10pm
Thread
Ok. One for one, then? Do you want all of them, or only some of them? I have your address if it hasn't changed recently. I will AQ mail you.
Dec 14, 2011 5:20pm
Thread
Trade mine with whomever you like, on or off this board whether it's a duplicate or not. I don't get offended by such things-- they are meant to be traded if they are mine.

By the way, the title of that one is Moonshine Runners. ;)
Reply to: #662535 by The Wolf Family
Dec 14, 2011 6:09pm
Thread
Whops! My specs needed cleaning, lol...sorry 'bout that...thanks...
Dec 15, 2011 7:22pm
Thread
feel free to trade my extras :))))
Reply to: #662768 by Travelin' Shutterbug
Dec 15, 2011 10:22pm
Thread
Thanks, TS.
Collection needs a home
Nov 12, 2012 10:44pm
I have a couple hundred LTCs, and I'm moving next month. They aren't going to survive the move.

I am not happy about this, and the LAST thing I want to do is throw them out. Would anyone like to have them? Collect them, log them, learn from them? I will just send them to you if you want them.

Please send an email to me at silentpartner101@gmail.com

-Carol
aka caffeine engineer
New to LTC LAND
Jan 28, 2013 2:24pm
Thread
Hi all! I've been letterboxing for awhile but I've just recently joined my first LTC swap (Plants vs Zombies). It's going to be too frigid here in Wisconsin for awhile, so no letterboxing until the permafrost thaws. Lol Any suggestions about how I can get more into the LTC swaps?
Re: New to LTC LAND
Reply to: #756449 by LauRN
Jan 29, 2013 8:21pm
Thread
Hi, LauRN,
Make sure you keep a watch on two boards here at AQ. The LTC: Tips, Questions, & Stuff and LTC: Trades and Trackers. You can glean all kinds of info from just browsing those two boards and don't worry about asking questions! Even if it's all been said before; everyone is very helpful to newbies!

Watch the boards for announcements of trades or the beginning of trackers. Or do a Search for available Trackers. If you don't have the Tracker Quick Links Widget, just go to Advanced Search (under the Letterboxes tab at top). In the upper right corner, you can select what kind of letterbox to search for and Trackers are listed in the list. Make sure to select LTC tracker. Then, you can set the search parameters to "open" and "limited" and you'll get a list of all LTC trackers with that status.

Once you locate a tracker with available room, make sure you read all the tracker details (each host may have differing requirements) and sign up!

LTCs are fun and addictive! They allow us to share our creativity and let others see our stamp images without the worry of losing our stamps!

Here on this board, we don't talk much and actually this board is rather obsolete. One day I'll just delete it!
So be sure to get over on those other two boards and get involved! It's great fun, especially as a winter project!
Hope this helps! See ya over there!
Wyvern
Does Anybody Have Any Old Sharkboy and Lavagirl Cards?
Nov 15, 2014 10:09am
Thread
It looks like nobody has posted here in quite some time; but, as many of you may know I lost my entire collection of LTC's in a fire including my own cards. Actually one set of extra cards from one swap and a very small swap of Sound of Music cards survived because they were in a different location. Anyway, I re-made a few of my old cards so I could have copies; but, I don't have the majority of my cards and I kind of really want copies of them.

If anybody has copies of my old cards and would not mind parting with some or all of them please contace me. I would like to trade new cards of mine for old cards of mine.
Re: Does Anybody Have Any Old Sharkboy and Lavagirl Cards?
Reply to: #876777 by Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Nov 15, 2014 1:42pm
Thread
I might have a couple. If I can find them, I'll send them with the last swap
-DD
Re: Does Anybody Have Any Old Sharkboy and Lavagirl Cards?
Reply to: #876799 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Nov 15, 2014 2:18pm
Thread
Yay! Thank you!!!
up for grabs
Jun 7, 2015 1:36pm
I have a bunch of LTC bookmarks that were made for a swap. If anyone is interested, they are up for grabs. Just inbox me and give me your address and I'll send them off to you. I'm in the process of cleaning out the guest room and I'd love to see these go to a good home!
Was wondering if someone has a couple of cards of mine
Jul 26, 2016 8:21pm
Thread
I was wondering if anyone had a couple of cards I really loved but stupidly gave my only copies to someone. If you're willing to part with them maybe we can make a deal? I'm looking for a Bonnie and Clyde card I made, and the other one I can't remember what it was called, but it's of a sad girl holding a broken heart that has bandaids patching it together. I believe she was blond.
Re: Was wondering if someone has a couple of cards of mine
Reply to: #931949 by Raven
Jul 27, 2016 7:46am
Thread
I may have the second one. But I have to wait till I get home to look for it
Reply to: #931949 by Raven
Jul 27, 2016 10:28am
Thread
I think I have both. I love bonnie and clyde, but you may have them back.
Reply to: #931972 by LROSEM
Jul 27, 2016 3:29pm
Thread
I really hate asking, and probably shouldn't even have in the first place. I will only accept them if you can bare to part with them!