A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Christians

Re: God's love LTC's
Board: Christians
Reply to: #637366 by Toadily !
Sep 9, 2011 6:58pm
Thread
With Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, I suppose we should start early.
What do you think?
Is that customary?
Reply to: #638246 by Toadily !
Sep 12, 2011 8:10am
Thread
I suppose that i do not really know what are LTCs. 8^)
Reply to: #638794 by RDHG
Sep 15, 2011 1:05pm
Thread
They are a little card 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches with a stamped image on it.
Then you embellish them with art (I'm not an artist), or other items to make them look nice.
Actually, if you send me your address, I'll send you a sample.
Reply to: #639955 by Toadily !
Sep 18, 2011 4:34pm
Thread
Thank you so much! We learned a bit about them this weekend, and that would be great to see!
LTC's
Dec 15, 2011 10:04am
Thread
There are so many Trackers with Christian themes.
(A Tracker is an Letterbox Trading Card swap, advertised on AQ)
Nativity Scenes, Crosses, Surely You Are the Son Of God, & many more.
Since there were so many Valentines & Hearts Trackers, I decided to join one of them with my Christian based heart LTC's, instead of adding yet another Tracker. With the scripture on the back, I felt this was a good way to share my faith & God's love for all.
Re: LTC's
Reply to: #662667 by Toadily !
Dec 16, 2011 8:46pm
Thread
Good idea. SS
Reply to: #662667 by Toadily !
Dec 17, 2011 11:12am
Thread
Oh, Toadily, I toadily had to go check if it was the tracker I'm in...Yippee! I get one of them!!
: )
I did the same thing once in a tracker called "Design". Mine was called "Perfect Design"...it featured a world globe in His hands... I'm sure the unexpected message caused a "double-take" effect. The Perfect Designer has the whole world in His hands...
Praying yours will cause minds to turn to Him!
Reply to: #663043 by Chedva
Dec 20, 2011 8:04pm
Thread
When I was a little kid maybe 3 or 4 I liked the Nationwide ad in magazines because I thought it was God holding us. I couldn't read then so I didn't know it was advertizing. Merry Christmas! SunnySmile
Reply to: #663043 by Chedva
Dec 21, 2011 6:37am
Thread
Mine was called "Perfect Design"...it featured a world globe in His hands.

Oooh...do you have a picture?
Reply to: #663795 by RDHG
Dec 22, 2011 2:31pm
Thread
Oooh...do you have a picture?

You have mail...
My Blog
Jan 13, 2012 8:12am
Thread
Sooo...I have started blogging again and have added my faith-based blog to AQ. If anybody would like to subscribe to it, please do. 8^D

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gBlogId=525
Re: My Blog
Reply to: #669231 by RDHG
Jan 17, 2012 11:25am
Thread
What a cool tree you guys were pictured in!!
Re: My Blog
Reply to: #670202 by Chedva
Jan 17, 2012 3:14pm
Thread
I thought so, too! It is a big, old sycamore. So neat. 8^)
Anyone interested in following my blog?
Mar 31, 2012 3:08pm
Feeling disconnected at gigantic-monster-church
Jun 29, 2012 3:40pm
Thread
Anyone out there going to an enormous church and feeling kind of anonymous?

I grew up going to a church with weekly attendance of about 100 people.

In college and my early 30s I was often at a different church every week as part of a mission team I was on, but I was always 'connected' with the 12 others on the team with me.

Most recently I was going to a small church of about 40 people that met in a neighborhood with many needs. On Sundays we were there from 9AM-2PM with set up, worship, tear-down, outreach, etc... DH did all the audio, I was the treasurer, and there usually wasn't childcare for our two little boys (nap time was always tough). The church was struggling and has moved to a home-church format, and we were exhausted and burnt out.

In September we started going to a megachurch with a new campus that just opened near us... our campus alone already has attendance of about 2000. I never really wanted to go to such a huge place. I'm not uncomfortable with the setting, but I just wanted the small church like I grew up in, you know?

The place we go now has some things that are very important to DH, and they have a great kids' program and my son is making friends there, which is a big deal. When the construction is done on the new building, it will be very close to where we live, which is also nice (the tiny church I liked was 1/2 hour drive away, which was kind of inconvenient with 2 kids and such a long day already).

Do any of you go to a huge church, and know what I'm talking about? How do you keep from feeling disconnected?
Re: Feeling disconnected at gigantic-monster-church
Reply to: #711452 by MN Compass
Jun 29, 2012 4:31pm
Thread
We go to a church with about 2400 to 2800 people. I don't feel as disconnected because I have been going there (off and on) for 30ish years.
But my husband started attending about 5 years ago. A few things that he found helped was to get involved. We work in the children's ministry (grades 1-5) doing puppets and skits and helping in Sunday School. Since we were bringing the kids to Wednesday evening programs, we figured it was a waste of time to just sit and wait for them so we work then too. My husband helps teach the boys program and I help in the nursery. Another thing that helps is to join a small bible study group. It's best if you can find a group of people with a similar lifestyle (young families) to your own.
Sometimes in a big church you have to take the lead and put yourself in positions to meet people. Unfortunately they don't always come looking for you.
Reply to: #711452 by MN Compass
Jul 9, 2012 7:09pm
Thread
I don't like big churches either. My church now has 2 services and probably 400+ people. I'd recommend getting into a small Bible Study or the women's group. That's how I got connected. Hope that helps, Smiles from Sunny
Reply to: #713523 by SunnySmile
Jul 10, 2012 3:48pm
Thread
Thanks you guys for the suggestions!

I guess I knew that one of our small-groups was going to be the answer. DH and I were hoping we could find a group together, but then work and childcare are a problem. I'll have to ask around and see if there are other families in the same boat...
Reply to: #713679 by MN Compass
Jul 12, 2012 7:20pm
Thread
That sounds like a plan. Maybe, you could start your own group w/1 other couple w/sm children. SS
Reply to: #714196 by SunnySmile
Jul 31, 2012 6:05am
Thread
Do none of the small groups offer child care?
Are you the same in- and out- of church?
Sep 18, 2012 3:26pm
Thread
I've been thinking about this a lot lately...

I was really frustrated a few weeks ago when I was camping with my son. We were part of a group of campers; maybe 12 families-- I am very close to one family and know what to expect from them, and connected to the rest of the group through them (though I've been acquainted with some of them for several years). Some more friends came to visit for the day, that my neighbors knew from church. I guess it was my fault for assuming that meant I could expect some level of decent behavior from them. What we got was two couples, about 50 years old, spending the whole day acting like they were at a frat party. I eventually went off somewhere else with my 7 year old because I didn't want to have to explain the innuendo, the language, the, uh, 'exposure'...

I was OK with the immediate situation: I'm fine with removing ourselves from the group and coming back when the visitors are gone. Not a problem. I also don't mind if they come to the conclusion that I don't care for their company (it's the truth after all).

I just wonder how we can act one way on Saturday and so completely different on Sunday. I guess I struggle with it myself, but it didn't seem to me that these people even thought anything was improper or indecent about their behavior.

It sure makes me understand the 'hypocrite' criticisms!
Re: Are you the same in- and out- of church?
Reply to: #731605 by MN Compass
Sep 24, 2012 8:23pm
Thread
This type of behavior is seen all the time anymore. Just remember that just because you stand in garage, doesn't mean that you're a car.SS
Reply to: #733058 by SunnySmile
Sep 25, 2012 11:54am
Thread
Thank you! That makes me smile.
:)
Reply to: #731605 by MN Compass
Sep 26, 2012 9:47am
Thread
Unfortunately, not everyone has a true relationship with our Lord. . . to some it is just another club to join, others are new to Christianity & may simply not know. It usually takes time in the Word & in His presence for us to surrender areas of our lives to Him, & perhaps they simply aren't there yet. On the other hand, I know those so much farther than I am. It is a process that takes our whole lifetime. However,
we must not compromise the Word of God, if we truly live for Him. Forgive them, love them, pray for them, & continue to protect & guide your family in Him. Blessings.
Invitation to Facebook Event Next Week
Mar 15, 2013 8:20am
Greetings! We are having a week long event at Richard and Dawnmarie's page on Facebook from March 18th to the 22nd, and I would like to invite you to "Like" the page and join us for the event.

There will be daily scriptures, inspiration, learning, games, giveaways, and more.

You can also utilize this page if you would like to invite others to attend. Thank you bunches!
Geeks Under Grace
Jan 6, 2015 5:05am
Thread
Not sure if you've seen this site or not but thought I would share. Lots of great articles, devotions, and challenging conversation.

http://www.geeksundergrace.com/blog/what-is-letterboxing-and-how-can-i-do-it/
Re: Geeks Under Grace
Reply to: #883225 by iSignASLily
Jan 12, 2015 1:13pm
Thread
Thank you for sharing.
Christian Band series
May 9, 2016 10:15am
Thread
Hey,

I put up a tracker and a stamp exchange for Christian band stamps to be a part of a series in NC. Check it out and feel free to let me know if I need to add bands to the list.

D
Re: Christian Band series
Reply to: #926035 by RDAMiller
May 9, 2016 12:31pm
Thread
LTC Tracker
Aug 26, 2016 9:46am
Team Awesome Pants is hosting an amazing LTC tracker.
Here is the link:
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?trackerId=9113