About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Dutch Country Letterboxing Board

Event Announcement
Board: Dutch Country Letterboxing Board
Oct 30, 2013 6:07pm
Thread
Thanks to the group for inviting me to the board. Wanted to post a link for my letterboxing event being held in Martinsburg, WV just down I-81.

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gEventId=3005
Re: Event Announcement
Reply to: #813187 by IrishRef
Oct 30, 2013 6:09pm
Thread
I'm so glad you signed on, even though you're not from the Dutch Country. I just looked at my list of exchanges and included the folks I new to be local or who I'd met at events!!!
Re: Weekend Shenanigans
Reply to: #813181 by silly moosehead
Oct 31, 2013 3:43am
Thread
anytime silly
New Folks
Oct 31, 2013 6:51am
It's so cool that so many people have joined up. We've got a great little community here in SE PA and the neighboring areas. WE DESERVE OUR OWN GROUP, DANGNABBIT.

Anyhoo... I'm not a frequent visitor to the groups pages or the boards. If there's anybody out there who is a little more savvy, would you maybe consider being listed as a co-administrator? (Assuming we can do that....)
Ghosts and Monsters of (SE) PA
Oct 31, 2013 9:20am
Hiya, Friends!

As an undiagnosed OCD I'm already looking ahead to Halloween 2014. I'm gathering stories of ghosts, monsters, and whatnot from the greater Southeast PA region. I've long kept google maps of such things, and would appreciate anything I could add to that. I'm looking for a little more than tales of "folks say this house is haunted and some hear strange creaking sounds..." What I'm hoping to find are tales, characters, scenarios, etc., that could be turned into a good picture. (Gee...I wonder why....) And the older the tale the better... I love when you read that this or that monster was first sighted in 1797....
Plant a Letterbox Day 2014
Dec 24, 2013 10:17am
A virtual event for PAL day next year....
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gEventId=3079
Bloomsday event
Feb 7, 2014 6:49am
Just wanted to let everyone know that (a) I've scheduled a drink n ink event in June for Bloomsday, and (2) I've relocated it from Harrisburg to Mt. Joy. I figured a lotta folks would be more comfortable walking the streets of Mt. Joy than downtown Harrisburg
A question for PAL Day
Feb 23, 2014 4:53am
Thread
A question for the great Ralph!

On PAL day, is there a geographical restriction to what is considered PA Dutch Country? :-)

The experts at Wikipedia define the region as such:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Dutch_Country

If so, would this be an appropriate geographical band (the red)? Or dare we be more inclusive and go with the darker red as well? Or, in the true spirit, should it even matter?

Thanks,

Le Bug
Re: A question for PAL Day
Reply to: #832238 by LightninBug
Mar 2, 2014 2:40pm
Thread
dare we be more inclusive

I say that we be inclusive as all hell....
Things have been quiet on this board for a bit.
Apr 17, 2014 9:28am
I Lost track - is our plant day the same as AQ's 5/24/14?
Since nobody has posted for a while, thought I would check and maybe remind others at the same time.
Thanks and hope you are all thinking about the May 3rd event coming up soon.
My work here is done
May 13, 2014 5:19am
Thread
Ee
Re: My work here is done
Reply to: #846269 by Eevil
May 13, 2014 7:04am
Thread
HAIL EEVIL!!!
Reply to: #846296 by Ralph Spoilsport
May 13, 2014 10:14am
Thread
You caved quickly -lol
Reply to: #846388 by Red Cruzsader
May 14, 2014 7:28pm
Thread
I loathe eevil... only because my brain does not function that way!

Lisa
Poe's Nevermore Camp & Stamp
Jan 18, 2015 6:14am
Thread
Five years in the making, limited to 50 participants and coming September 26, 2015.
The Crayola Posse presents, Poe's Nevermore Camp & Stamp.
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gEventId=3339
Re: Poe's Nevermore Camp & Stamp
Reply to: #884913 by Crayola Posse
Jan 18, 2015 6:33pm
Thread
Sounds fun... I wonder why this did not show up as an email to under my saved event search?

Hmmm...

Lisa
Re: Poe's Nevermore Camp & Stamp
Reply to: #884986 by idlemoon
Jan 19, 2015 6:32am
Thread
It was created a while ago but only released to a limited group (RGBisMe and crayola posse were the only members) as we hashed out a few details. There was a chance it was only going to be invite only but decided opening it to the public but limiting attendees to 50 would solve most issues we had been worried about.
Elizabethtown Fair: Stamp category
Apr 14, 2015 3:18am
Thread
Ok Folks!
The Elizabethtown Fair has a category for "Handcrafts: Rubber Stamp". Last year, Kith was the only hand carved stamp entry (there were two other entries in the category: both were greeting cards that featured a commercial stamped image, but Kith's stamp won first place). We want to demonstrate to the fair officials that stamp carving is still a practiced art!

The deal: I've checked with the fair and there are no residency requirements for the Handcrafts category. If you can get it here, you can enter it. Drop off for entries is Monday August 24 between 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. The entry fee is $0.25. Competitive exhibits must be picked up between 3 and 5 p.m. Saturday August 29.
Re: Elizabethtown Fair: Stamp category
Reply to: #894965 by Pendragon House
Apr 14, 2015 6:06am
Thread
Any size constraints?
Apr 14, 2015 11:31am
Thread
Is there a theme to this years Fair?
Reply to: #894986 by SuperDognFamily
Apr 15, 2015 7:53am
Thread
Nope. No size constraints at all.
Reply to: #895067 by Red Cruzsader
Apr 15, 2015 7:56am
Thread
No specific theme for Etown. Although I expect agriculture themed stamps will likely go over well.
lock n locks
Apr 29, 2015 7:13am
Thread
Does anybody have a good local/regional source for buying lock n locks or something like them? I s'pose I could order some online but I'm sorta cutting things close for PAL day... that, and when possible, I'd like to (1) keep the business local and (2) avoid shipping charges.

Thanks!!!
Apr 29, 2015 7:15am
Thread
verrrry interesting....

might hafta add this to my list of summer projects....
Re: lock n locks
Reply to: #896934 by Ralph Spoilsport
May 1, 2015 4:48pm
Thread
My local Korean market sells LnL's individually in the housewares section. That's been my most reliable source. Another option is Walmart's Snapware containers. Good luck
CTEE
Boyd big tree and hocker park
Sep 23, 2015 1:11pm
Thread
Dear boxers of central pa
I recently went after a box called " I am a man" and came to a gate on the Darlington trail that said Boyd Big Tree. When I was reading the Boyd Big Tree website, it said the red Janie trail leads to a parking lot on the Blue Mountain Parkway. My question is, if I had continued past the gate I saw on the Darlington trail, would I be then on the red Janie trail in Boyd Big Tree? Is the parking lot mentioned in the Boyd big tree site the one for Hocker park? Thanks for your help!
Re: Boyd big tree and hocker park
Reply to: #910117 by The Winks
Sep 23, 2015 2:22pm
Thread
LMGTFY. You would be in Big Boyd State Park on the Janie trail. BB has it's own parking lot and lots of interesting boxes. :)

PP
Reply to: #910122 by Pink Panther
Sep 23, 2015 4:24pm
Thread
I also seem to remember Hocker Park being connected to Boyd atop the ridgeline. Hocker is east of the SE edge of Boyd.

Lots of cool things there, even things of which we must not speak...

LB
Reply to: #910131 by LightninBug
Sep 24, 2015 7:49pm
Thread
And actually, I did google these things but I was intrigued by what I found...ie the janie trail seems to connect to the darlington trail...i guess i just wondered if that was indeed true....
Bethel Twp Trail Maintenance
Nov 12, 2017 7:23am
To my regional letterboxing buddies....

Hiya, Friends!!! Thinking WAYYYYY ahead....

There was some chatter at the Halloween event about getting together for some trail maintenance and expansion at the cabin. Maybe starting in March or April. I would like to start building a list of interested parties. No obligations, but if you'd like to be in the loop, please let me know...either here or through Messenger...

Thanks!!!